• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Extended Universe |OT3| A League of Academy Award Winners

Not a complaint, but the look of boom tubes is different than how I imagined them. Maybe they want to differentiate them from the usual portals you see in movies and TV.

Ahasverus

Lols, thats funny.

Is there any slim chance of all we have seen is teh first half of the movie and the second half will have Superman too?

:(
I kinda expect that. We know Superman resurrects, or at least reunites with the league at sunrise, that red sky thing is not a sunrise, more like a sunset.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Lols, thats funny.

Is there any slim chance of all we have seen is teh first half of the movie and the second half will have Superman too?

:(
I actually thinks the odds are fairly good that he's in the last 30-40% of the film.

Maddocks

Nope, he really cant. Drinking, gambling, women, trying to cover up his PBS special about how his family owned slaves, and now if he actually did know and only said,"i told him to stop doing it" then yikes. No reason for her to lie and Ben has shown with his past behavior that he will cover shit up if its unfavorable....so....why Ben, why.

Joss... Ben... Surprised there's no dirt on Zack yet.

I may have problems with Zack Snyder on a directorial execution level in regards to some of his films–i feel his aims exceed his reach–but he's seemingly been a stand up guy for years. My only real side eye is probably him doing The Fountainhead adaptation. Looking forward to seeing the Last Photograph.

Good. Fire him now. If WB has decent human beings, they fire him. It's a difficult sitatution with a big movie coming up that also involves other actors. But fuck Ben Affleck and his scumbag ass. He is dead to me.

I hope a lot of victims come forward now.

Ashhong

Good. Fire him now. If WB has decent human beings, they fire him. It's a difficult sitatution with a big movie coming up that also involves other actors. But fuck Ben Affleck and his scumbag ass. He is dead to me.

It's being said in the thread, but I hope almost every other actor is dead to you as well.

BadAss2961

Calm down bro.

They all knew about this shit to an extent.

It's being said in the thread, but I hope almost every other actor is dead to you as well.

Calm down bro.

They all knew about this shit to an extent.

And why would I spend money for this industry again. And what's that shit supposed to mean every actor should be dead to me? Like, let me have the believe that they are good people. But Affleck is not good people, not according to this. This is a guy who tried to hide his slave owning ancestory.

Edit: I said my piece on this in this thread.

I may have problems with Zack Snyder on a directorial execution level in regards to some of his films–i feel his aims exceed his reach–but he's seemingly been a stand up guy for years. My only real side eye is probably him doing The Fountainhead adaptation. Looking forward to seeing the Last Photograph.

I think it's telling that on most sites he kind of gets portrayed as this coked up ADHD Dude Bro who hates Women, but in every single interview the people that work with him seem to love him. Especially Amy Adams who, they seem like they have a nice relationship as Director/Actor.

Dead

well not really...yet
I think it's telling that on most sites he kind of gets portrayed as this coked up ADHD Dude Bro who hates Women, but in every single interview the people that work with him seem to love him. Especially Amy Adams who, they seem like they have a nice relationship as Director/Actor.
the projection from comments like those are palpable. Always cringe to read them.

Yeah, I'm personally not a big fan of Snyder's work overall, but from what I've generally heard he's a pretty solid person overall.

And at the end of the day, that's what matters more to me than the quality of a film. I hold more respect for a decent human being like Snyder apparently is than I do a renowned director like Woody Allen or Roman Polanski.

a916

Nope, he really cant. Drinking, gambling, women, trying to cover up his PBS special about how his family owned slaves, and now if he actually did know and only said,"i told him to stop doing it" then yikes. No reason for her to lie and Ben has shown with his past behavior that he will cover shit up if its unfavorable....so....why Ben, why.

By that regard you should condemn everyone in Hollywood because apparently they all knew. Men and women. This weird witch hunt and singling out Ben is ludicrous.

And why would I spend money for this industry again. And what's that shit supposed to mean every actor should be dead to me? Like, let me have the believe that they are good people. But Affleck is not good people, not according to this. This is a guy who tried to hide his slave owning ancestory.

Edit: I said my piece on this in this thread.

I mean, wasn't the whole point that he tried to distance himself because he had nothing to do with the slave owning ancestry on account of not being born then him having nothing to do with that but in this day and age being afraid of being brought up against him.

The cruel behavior towards him as a person is grossly unwarranted. And it's the opposite of the truth with how he's made a point of hiring more women for behind the scenes work, in addition to a few actresses talking about how saved their careers. But they formed these opinions and it is what it is. I think it's partly because he's dyslexic and therefore not the most eloquent speaker. I dunno.

Maddocks

By that regard you should condemn everyone in Hollywood because apparently they all knew. Men and women. This weird witch hunt and singling out Ben is ludicrous.

I'm not really condemning him. I understand his position on the matter is a difficult one. Harvey is a literal king in Hollywood who can make and break careers, have you go missing and no one will bat an eye, and here is little Ben, without power and pull to go toe to toe. I don't think its a witch hunt, I think its because all of this is coming out now and hes high profile and news is breaking that he knew and did nothing.

I was just agreeing with the poster who said,"Ben cant catch a break." because of many of his personal problems and then added this doesn't look good for his image. I don't want to derail the thread more then I already have, hindsight is 20/20 and at the time he did what was best for him and his future, and I don't blame him for that.

Only thing I condemn him about is him covering up his ancestry, he should have accepted it.

While the affleck siblings are likely sleazy people, I think this whole Weinstein situation is a tricky one to condemn people for (aside from Harvey himself obviously). There's a multitude of reasons why nobody in Hollywood spoke out until the guy was finally dethroned from his position of power.

And if you're gonna draw your line in the sand against people who were aware of this mans exploits but didn't disclose it publicly then I wager that you're talking about likely almost every A-list actor/actress/producer/director in the industry. And then expand that to even lesser known names and people behind the scenes.

It's a damn shame it took so long for the story to break out and take this wasteman out but the real onus lied on the studio heads and powerful directors and producers who really could have done something about this sooner (and frankly need to uproot this whole industry which is mired in predatory behavior).

Oh and on the subject of Zack, that whole Fountainhead thing is wack but whatever that's just his ideological politics. As a person he seems like a pretty stand up guy. Everyone who has worked with him seems to respect the guy.

Wingfan19

Unconfirmed Member
Stefan Sonnenfeld (colorist on Justice League)

https://www.instagram.com/p/BaEoM5IlOD7/

Justice League- Almost done with this epic film...last trailer just came out a few days ago, link in bio! Director: Zack Snyder DP: Fabian Wagner @fabianwagner78 Editor: David Brenner @wbpictures @dccomics @galgadot @benaffleck @prideofgypsies @ezrator @rehsifyar @wbpictures @dccomics #UniteTheLeague #JusticeLeague #DCComics #Comiccon

They're still working on the color grading it seems. May end up looking a bit different when it hits theatres due to all the online comments.

While the affleck siblings are likely sleazy people, I think this whole Weinstein situation is a tricky one to condemn people for (aside from Harvey himself obviously). There's a multitude of reasons why nobody in Hollywood spoke out until the guy was finally dethroned from his position of power.

And if you're gonna draw your line in the sand against people who were aware of this mans exploits but didn't disclose it publicly then I wager that you're talking about likely almost every A-list actor/actress/producer/director in the industry. And then expand that to even lesser known names and people behind the scenes.

It's a damn shame it took so long for the story to break out and take this wasteman out but the real onus lied on the studio heads and powerful directors and producers who really could have done something about this sooner (and frankly need to uproot this whole industry which is mired in predatory behavior).

Oh and on the subject of Zack, that whole Fountainhead thing is wack but whatever that's just his ideological politics. As a person he seems like a pretty stand up guy. Everyone who has worked with him seems to respect the guy.

Yeah. What ultimately made these allegations stick, or even come out to begin with, was a financially motivated agenda to get Harvey out.

In the scheme of things, actors are low on the list of influential people in Hollywood. And someone like Harvey was near the top. The area I’m conflicted about is Affleck releasing a statement like that, but otherwise, I'm not going to blame people in those low positions who knew and didn’t act. Hollywood is a pretty shitty environment.

All that said, Affleck will likely release an apology statement and things will continue as they were. Something to that extent.

edit: I just remembered David Fincher cast Ben Affleck in Gone Girl because he’d always pop up in stories like this ha

Oh, and David Brenner still listed as editor for Justice League? Thought Whedon would change things up in post production.

edit: I just remembered David Fincher cast Ben Affleck in Gone Girl because he'd always pop up in stories like this ha

this is some of the most scathing and prophetic commentary I've seen lmao (we all know what happened just a year or two later)

55cadf82dad59bc6cbfb55de6cebe2cb.png

it was really good casting for sure.

Fuck is going on in hollywood

Same thing that's always gone on in Hollywood. Even the Weinstein thing coming out is more about his brother's efforts to oust him than any shift in the moral fabric of the place.

It's all pretty disgusting, and nobody's hands are clean, but Affleck is pretty far down the blame totem pole here. Most of the really reprehensible people (the ones who could've stopped it, but didn't, the ones who probably participated) are people you average joe's never heard of, producer types.

PowderedToast

anecdotal, but I worked with one of the amazonian woman extras a few months ago. she said zack came to visit them on set, chatted with all the crew and was generally a really nice man who had time for everyone.

I'd be very sad if anything nasty came out about him!

Same thing that's always gone on in Hollywood. Even the Weinstein thing coming out is more about his brother's efforts to oust him than any shift in the moral fabric of the place.

It's all pretty disgusting, and nobody's hands are clean, but Affleck is pretty far down the blame totem pole here. Most of the really reprehensible people (the ones who could've stopped it, but didn't, the ones who probably participated) are people you average joe's never heard of, producer types.

There's a video of him going around now that's picking up steam of him groping a woman's breast on TRL on air. Ben's about to be in bigger trouble...

Ninjimbo

I don't really know how to react to all this Weinstein stuff. On the one hand, I knew I didn't like Weinstein for butchering the release of several movies and, in general, for the simple fact that he carried himself around like he was a Hollywood kingmaker. I dislike big egos.

Hearing the news that he was a serial rapist didn't come as a surprise to me. I've followed the industry quite a bit for the past few years and you hear all sorts of talk of the politicking that happens underneath. Like all workplaces in the world, there's a power structure and a game that has to be played if you want to see any real success. Weinstein was a big player. He had a studio. He produced big movies. He helped launch several careers. Basically the guy had a ton of power and me, being a closet cynical individual, suspected some shady shit is probably going down. It just has to because the same stuff goes down in smaller, less ambitious places. Combine that with the Hollywood workforce that is starving for work and you have a gigantic pool ripe for exploitation.

Actors and actresses, they're at the mercy of these producers and studio heads. Even worse, when you take a step back and take a look at the economic disparity at play here, its rich people vs poor people. It's how someone like Weinstein can get away with this for nearly 30 years. Actors and other small indivuduals, they don't have the money or the resources to take on these guys in a court of law.

When it comes to Affleck and people of his ilk (like Crowe, Damon, Clooney etc) I believe they knew what was going on at some level. How could you not? However, the blame game is not for me to play. I firmly believe that whatever I think or say will not resolve anything.

All I have are my suspicions. When people try to act all sanctimonious at the Oscars, I know better than to believe the image I'm being presented.

I'm confused af.

DaveH

One of the most standup things about Zack's life is his family. He conducts his work as an extension of his family... his wife is his producer and with him work-and-home, his kids are often in his movies or working in his movies, and he works with the same people over and over and is accountable to them. He has the names of all eight of his children tattooed up and down his forearms... works out so those arms are always exposed as a reminder. As a couple they're completely conscious of the risks and actively avoiding them... to the New York Times:

If a film company doesn’t want her to be one of the producers, “it’s a deal breaker,” said Mr. Snyder, now 44. “Our relationship is husband and wife, director and producer. My wife is my best friend. I trust Debbie’s taste and way of navigating the world.”

Ms. Snyder, 41, said: “Directors go away to create for eight months, and if your spouse isn’t involved, it puts a lot of pressure on the marriage, because the director is having these intimate life experiences that you can’t relate to. During the process of making a movie you have to bond with those people. It has to bring people really close to each other. You have to unite to get it done, and there’s a lot of time between takes, and you sit down and you talk about your life.”

Is she afraid of on-set romances? “Listen, if there’s going to be an infidelity, there’s something wrong with the relationship,” she said. “But if you’re apart for several months, that definitely puts strain on the relationship.”

He has four daughters. He has four adopted children from China and Africa. Yet, unless directly and explicitly asked, he's never used his children as moral licensing or marketing. He could have spent the entire Sucker Punch junket talking about his daughters or the Man of Steel junket talking about adoption (he could pander to China or bring up Africa in BvS), but he never drew attention to it and I respect that immensely when a lot of people use their families as shields.

"In the end, it’s just a movie. It’s a great movie. But it’s just a movie."

Raptor

I kinda expect that. We know Superman resurrects, or at least reunites with the league at sunrise, that red sky thing is not a sunrise, more like a sunset.

I actually thinks the odds are fairly good that he's in the last 30-40% of the film.

Really hope so because a JL movie with only 15 mins of Superman will suck for me, the movie coyuld be amazing and I could love it but still will be something I will not forgive.

I believe Superman will be sprinkled across the movie If they decide to go with the dreams/vision angle with Lois, the memory remains culminating with his real resurrection in the third act.

Penguin

Let‘s play a game. At what minute will Superman reappear? This doesn‘t include dreams or visions.

Minute 69.

I think would need some clarifications on this

Do you mean Superman appears in general or where he enters the movie? Because what if there's flashbacks or dream sequences?

And does it have to be Superman? What if Clark enters first?

oh oh I wanna play.

He will appear in the last minute of the movie before the credits. He won't speak. Amy Adams hands him his cap.

ok, I'm only slightly joking.

Top Bottom