• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Universe Online |OT| The next legend is YOU!

Killthee said:
Light Powers are awesome! The Whip's AoE stun effect shits all over Psychic Stars and makes the close range combat of Light a lot easier to survive. I'm seriously thinking of converting my Villain troller to Light cause I don't see them ever making Mental as fun to play as Light is.

You have to buy the powers to be able to combo them, if you don't buy the powers you can't combo them. So to do the Light Claw combos you would need Light Claws and all the other powers required to get Minigun/Ram. The powers don't need to be in your loadout, you just have to have purchased them. You then start the combo by activating Light Claws and then tapping triangle for Ram or holding it for Minigun. To keep the chain going you would have to have purchase the combo powers for Ram/Minigun and then activate them by holding/tapping Square/Triangle.

If you have not purchased the combo powers and you try to activate them, the combo chain will just end.

Thanks for the info. I respec'd my alt to hard light, but I haven't played with it much. It looked a little intimidating to get the swing of. Are you playing as 'troller or dps? Also, curious to know what your HL loadout is.

Oh, and definitely loving the new alerts. We did Oan Sciencells and almost finished Star labs but the server went down. Sadly, our group's controller was really weak so we got stuck on the final bosses of Coast City. If they could swing an update like this every three or four months, I'd be a happy camper :)

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Mercury Fred said:
Thanks for the info. I respec'd my alt to hard light, but I haven't played with it much. It looked a little intimidating to get the swing of. Are you playing as 'troller or dps? Also, curious to know what your HL loadout is.

Oh, and definitely loving the new alerts. We did Oan Sciencells and almost finished Star labs but the server went down. Sadly, our group's controller was really weak so we got stuck on the final bosses of Coast City. If they could swing an update like this every three or four months, I'd be a happy camper :)
Troller, haven't tried DPS yet cause my skill points are too low to bother with it.

Here's my current loadout:

Claws (PoT/Panic), Whip (Defense debuff/AoE stun), Recharge (Instant group power restore/self precision & might buff), Grasping Hand (Damage debuff/stun), Wall (Freebie power slot, might replace it with something less situational), & Speed Drain.

Favorite combo so far is Whip -> Whip (melee tap) -> Hand Clap (range tap) -> Chainsaw (melee tap) -> Ram (range tap) -> Whip (melees tap) -> Repeat the chain. Whip stuns everything near you and then you damage it with the Chainsaw.

Killthee

Seems like all the SOE servers are offline due to the San Diego power outage.

20110909-bxa2pucgi7j9rg9np8df5988bq.jpg

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So GAF I finally took the plunge to join you guys

Amazon had a great offer I couldn't pass up

Go the Collector's Edition (with the Batman Statue) for $39.99

So I'll have at least a month to platinum and enjoy Green Lantern DLC

So which server is GAF PS3 on?

If none, I'll just solo it, no biggie

Let me guess, mandatory 20+GB install? or does it read off the disc?

Killthee

GraveRobberX said:
So GAF I finally took the plunge to join you guys

Amazon had a great offer I couldn't pass up

Go the Collector's Edition (with the Batman Statue) for $39.99

So I'll have at least a month to platinum and enjoy Green Lantern DLC

So which server is GAF PS3 on?

If none, I'll just solo it, no biggie

Let me guess, mandatory 20+GB install? or does it read off the disc?
You can platinum the game in under 2 weeks if you really want to, but it'll probably get boring around the 4th character because most of the storylines are exactly the same and you need 6 max level characters for the platinum. If you platinum it and only plan on playing for a month you might not get to see most of the GL DLC. The powers are available to you from start, but the 3 instances it includes require you to be level 30 and to have some tier gear.

All servers were merged a month ago, but none of us left are organized/play together.

There's an ~11GB mandatory install off the disc and then there's a ~5 GB download install once the disc install finishes.

Killthee said:
You can platinum the game in under 2 weeks if you really want to, but it'll probably get boring around the 4th character because most of the storylines are exactly the same and you need 6 max level characters for the platinum. If you platinum it and only plan on playing for a month you might not get to see most of the GL DLC. The powers are available to you from start, but the 3 instances it includes require you to be level 30 and to have some tier gear.

All servers were merged a month ago, but none of us left are organized/play together.

There's an ~11GB mandatory install off the disc and then there's a ~5 GB download install once the disc install finishes.
That made me sad.

I'm still looking for a month to come back and finish grinding out a few more characters, but I kinda want to wait till it goes free to play.

Ya know, like every non-wow mmo. I'm not hating.

Killthee

Anslon said:
That made me sad.

I'm still looking for a month to come back and finish grinding out a few more characters, but I kinda want to wait till it goes free to play.

It might be happening sooner rather than later....

The SUBWAY® Taste For Adventure Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game starts 9/29/11 at 12:00 P.M., ET and ends 11/13/11 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET. Below is a brief description of the GWP (Gifts With Purchase) access.

GWP Cup Code Description – (while supplies last)

*Cup Code Entry & Redemption Prior to 11/1/11: Voucher Passcode for early Access to the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Competitive Multiplayer Experience or choice of Voucher Passcode described below.
*Cup Code Entry After 10/31/11: Voucher Passcode allowing you to play DCUO on your PC at the Premium Level Free for 7 consecutive days, as more fully described above or choice of Voucher Passcode described below.

GWP Sandwich or Chip Code Description – (while supplies last)

*Voucher Passcode for an UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ dynamic theme
*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Fortune Hunter Bounty
*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Multiplayer Drake Character Skin
*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Multiplayer Weapon Skin
*Voucher Passcode for SUBWAY® Taste For Adventure Cup and SUBWAY® Sandwich virtual costumes for PlayStation® Home

Please be aware that in the event you are the Recipient of one (1) of
The Gifts, the use of this Gift requires a PS3™ system AND a valid PlayStation® Network account.

Hope this helps answer your question! Good luck.

Thank you,

Nalini Wilson
SFAFT Customer Service
Subway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust

Franchise World Headquarters LLC/Subway
325 Bic Drive
Milford, Connecticut 06461

On Fri, Sep 9, 2011 at 10:46 AM, Nalini Wilson <wilson_n@subway.com> wrote:Hi Raaid, The SUBWAY® Taste For Adventure Sweepstakes & Instant Win Game starts 9/29/11 at 12:00 P.M., ET and ends 11/13/11 at 11:59:59 P.M., ET. Below is a brief description of the GWP (Gifts With Purchase) access. GWP Cup Code Description – (while supplies last) *Cup Code Entry & Redemption Prior to 11/1/11: Voucher Passcode for early Access to the UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Competitive Multiplayer Experience or choice of Voucher Passcode described below.*Cup Code Entry After 10/31/11: Voucher Passcode allowing you to play DCUO on your PC at the Premium Level Free for 7 consecutive days, as more fully described above or choice of Voucher Passcode described below. GWP Sandwich or Chip Code Description – (while supplies last) *Voucher Passcode for an UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ dynamic theme*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Fortune Hunter Bounty*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Multiplayer Drake Character Skin*Voucher Passcode for UNCHARTED 3: Drake’s Deception™ Multiplayer Weapon Skin*Voucher Passcode for SUBWAY® Taste For Adventure Cup and SUBWAY® Sandwich virtual costumes for PlayStation® Home Please be aware that in the event you are the Recipient of one (1) ofThe Gifts, the use of this Gift requires a PS3™ system AND a valid PlayStation® Network account. Hope this helps answer your question! Good luck. Thank you, Nalini WilsonSFAFT Customer ServiceSubway Franchisee Advertising Fund Trust Franchise World Headquarters LLC/Subway325 Bic DriveMilford, Connecticut 06461
That email comes from the Subway Uncharted 3 MP thread. I guess it could just be the free trials they've been talking about adding, but "Premium Level" makes it sound like there's gonna be a free to play level...

Killthee said:
Troller, haven't tried DPS yet cause my skill points are too low to bother with it.

Here's my current loadout:

Claws (PoT/Panic), Whip (Defense debuff/AoE stun), Recharge (Instant group power restore/self precision & might buff), Grasping Hand (Damage debuff/stun), Wall (Freebie power slot, might replace it with something less situational), & Speed Drain.

Favorite combo so far is Whip -> Whip (melee tap) -> Hand Clap (range tap) -> Chainsaw (melee tap) -> Ram (range tap) -> Whip (melees tap) -> Repeat the chain. Whip stuns everything near you and then you damage it with the Chainsaw.
Would you be into taking a stab at BC3 and/ or FoS with us tonight around 8ish, EST?

Killthee

Mercury Fred said:
Would you be into taking a stab at BC3 and/ or FoS with us tonight around 8ish, EST?
Thanks for the invite, I had fun. I finally got enough gear/skill points to feel like I'm contributing in a raid, I just wish they would add a range defense debuff attack cause boss battles are so much riskier and strategic when you got to time them so you don't get one shot. Next time it should go a lot smoother with Honey spitting out flames and handling the defense debuff.

One thing I kept noticing during the last battle though was Lumi kept having trouble maintaining aggro. Is he new to tanking? I wanted to say something, but the text chat crapped out right around the time I started noticing. During the first phase Lumi didn't seem to be using any powers at all for most of it which is what was causing Brainiac to fire on us when he finished his sweep attack or whenever I used my whip. The couple of times he did use his powers, Brainiac used the flamethrower on him and left us alone. During the second phase, the same issue popped up again. Lumi wasn't able to keep his aggro up, so when the healers started using their powers Brainiac went after them first. The one time we made it to the third phase we just didn't have enough fire power left to takeout the Eradicators before they formed. Once Lumi gets a handle on keeping aggro, the fight should be a cakewalk.

Killthee said:
Thanks for the invite, I had fun. I finally got enough gear/skill points to feel like I'm contributing in a raid, I just wish they would add a range defense debuff attack cause boss battles are so much riskier and strategic when you got to time them so you don't get one shot. Next time it should go a lot smoother with Honey spitting out flames and handling the defense debuff.

One thing I kept noticing during the last battle though was Lumi kept having trouble maintaining aggro. Is he new to tanking? I wanted to say something, but the text chat crapped out right around the time I started noticing. During the first phase Lumi didn't seem to be using any powers at all for most of it which is what was causing Brainiac to fire on us when he finished his sweep attack or whenever I used my whip. The couple of times he did use his powers, Brainiac used the flamethrower on him and left us alone. During the second phase, the same issue popped up again. Lumi wasn't able to keep his aggro up, so when the healers started using their powers Brainiac went after them first. The one time we made it to the third phase we just didn't have enough fire power left to takeout the Eradicators before they formed. Once Lumi gets a handle on keeping aggro, the fight should be a cakewalk.
Sweet, I felt bad that we couldn't finish.

Initially, We had formed a core group to raid tonight and it would have been two proper controllers with Honey, myself and Hellvetica DPSing and probably another tank. Lumi is a nice guy but maybe not super adept at tanking. We're angling to try at least part of FoS tomorrow night if you're around, I'd guess around the same time with perhaps a slightly tweaked group.

Killthee

Mercury Fred said:
Sweet, I felt bad that we couldn't finish.

Initially, We had formed a core group to raid tonight and it would have been two proper controllers with Honey, myself and Hellvetica DPSing and probably another tank. Lumi is a nice guy but maybe not super adept at tanking. We're angling to try at least part of FoS tomorrow night if you're around, I'd guess around the same time with perhaps a slightly tweaked group.
Don't think I'll be able to make the raid tonight, probably for the best though cause I think I need a couple more T2 pieces to survive the boss battles in FoS. I should have most of my T2 set by the end of next week and would love to try it then.

I've also been experimenting with my loadout while working on the solo feats and I think I'm gonna dump the wall for entrap. I love the concept of the wall, but it goes down way too fast, the cooldown takes too long, the animation takes forever, and it's too situational. Entrap seems to be doing the same thing, giving people a breather to rally someone, while at the same time allowing a chance for power interactions thanks to the encasement's. Light Weight also seems a tad bit better than Grasping Hand. They both put out the damage debuff and they both have situational uses (Grasping Hand pulls enemies towards you while Light Weight destroys objects in one hit), but Light Weight's animation is shorter than Grasping Hand's giving it the edge. I'm gonna have to switch back and forth between those two depending on the raid/alert. Finally, I've come to the conclusion that Whip is awesomely overpowered. The stun rate on it is ridiculous and you can combo loop back to it to continue the stuns at no cost. I've stunned phase 1 Brainiac in Sub thanks to it and today I kept stunning Krona preventing him from doing his laser beam sweep. Whip on Krona + Entrap on the Manhunters makes that battle super easy. It is so gonna get nerfed as soon as Mental/Gadget trollers begin realizing how strong it is and start complaining.

Killthee

NihonTiger90 said:
Are you guys playing on PS3 or PC? I know a lot of GAF is on PS3 which is why I never see you guys (lol).
PS3. Would have loved to have gotten the PC version, but my computer can barely run the game.

Anslon said:
That made me sad.

And then it happened.

DC Universe Online Going Free to Play
Save the world without spending a dime.
September 19, 2011
by Greg Miller

If the proposition of buying DC Universe Online and then paying a monthly fee has been keeping you away from Sony Online Entertainment's MMO, prepare to enter Gotham City next month. In October, DC Universe Online goes free to play.

Both PlayStation 3 and PC players will be able to download and play the game for free. Three tiered levels will act as the game's revenue source from there along with in-game microtransactions. Here's the official breakdown from SOE.

Free
New players will now have access to the current gameplay in DC Universe Online (including Gotham City, Metropolis, and all current raids and alerts), with the ability to create two characters, join a league and many other benefits. Free level players will be able to purchase downloadable game packs/updates, additional character slots, powers and more through microtransactions.

Premium
Any player who has spent at least $5 (including former paid subscribers and new players who have purchased $5 of in-game items) will qualify for the Premium access level. Premium level players will have more benefits available to them than the Free level player, including additional character slots, additional inventory slots, and higher cash limits. Downloadable adventure packs, additional character slots, and more can be purchased in-game.

Legendary
Maximum features and benefits are included at this level. Loaded with enhanced additional features, Legendary access will be available for a $14.99 monthly fee and includes all DLC packs at no cost, more than 15 character slots, more than 80 inventory slots, the ability to form unrestricted-sized leagues, and many other benefits.
If you've already paid for a PC lifetime subscription or a PS3 plan, that deal still stands when this switch happens in late October. This event also marks the end of DCUO's auto-renew feature. In the past, the game would automatically resubscribe you when your subscription lapsed. That's over now – a result of the more than 40 percent of people who quit EverQuest II and complained about the auto-renew in a SOE survey.

"We decided 'Let's listen to them'," said Lorin Jameson, SOE executive producer. "I don't know about you, but my credit card statement every month is this amalgam of s*** of MMOs that I'm too lazy to cancel. What we want is to offer people a way to not worry about that."

Get in there and use your power ring!
The announcement of the free to play move comes just seven months after SOE released DC Universe Online. SOE wouldn't go into the exact number of subscribers currently playing the game, but Jameson said numbers are up since the move to megaservers and that free to play was not in response to subscriber numbers.

"In terms of 'Is it a result in a drop in subs' – absolutely not," he said. "This is the right business model. If I can be honest, the game ended up costing a lot more than we thought it would, and this was our preferred business model from day one."

If you're a stickler for fair play, SOE said you don't have to worry about microtransactions breaking the game. Super-powerful items such as Superman's raid suit will not be purchasable and experience won't be for sale in October. The experience will be similar to Free Realms' free to play model, SOE said, and you can expect to see it in games that are out now and future releases.

"We are really seeing the benefits of free to play, and we're really liking it," Jameson said. "Needless to say we're paying close attention to it and maybe looking to make some surprise moves a little later."

http://m.ign.com/articles/1195161

Killthee

BattleMonkey said:
So it's going F2P, and the news means I don't have to cancel my current legends plan as they are turning off auto renew?
I think that only applies to PC Plans. PS3 subscribers always had the option to turn off renewal whenever they wanted, while on the PC side I think you had to cancel your sub if you wanted out. Plus this from the IGN article:

If you've already paid for a PC lifetime subscription or a PS3 plan, that deal still stands when this switch happens in late October. This event also marks the end of DCUO's auto-renew feature. In the past, the game would automatically resubscribe you when your subscription lapsed. That's over now – a result of the more than 40 percent of people who quit EverQuest II and complained about the auto-renew in a SOE survey.

"We decided 'Let's listen to them'," said Lorin Jameson, SOE executive producer. "I don't know about you, but my credit card statement every month is this amalgam of s*** of MMOs that I'm too lazy to cancel. What we want is to offer people a way to not worry about that."

CozMick

Banned
I'm confused, can I continue to pay my sub and continue to play as normal or will there be changes to how I purchase gear/unlock content?

Also, speaking of microtransactions, does this mean I could just purchase T3 armor with real monies?

Killthee

CozMick said:
I'm confused, can I continue to pay my sub and continue to play as normal or will there be changes to how I purchase gear/unlock content?

Also, speaking of microtransactions, does this mean I could just purchase T3 armor with real monies?
It looks most things will stay the same or be expanded if you continue paying, the only new limit is the amount of stuff you can place in the broker.

I don't think they'll be selling tier gear in the marketplace, probably just styles.

Full FAQ here. Legends Plan ($30 for 3 months) should remain in place as long you don't lapse.

6. As a current subscriber what does going to the Free-to-Play model mean for me?

As a current subscriber of DC Universe Online, you will automatically convert to our Legendary Access plan with all its benefits and privileges as long as your subscription remains active. For you, the change to Free-to-Play opens up additional benefits including increased numbers of inventory and character slots, priority access to servers and the inclusion of all DLC Packs in your access level at no additional charge!

Just a question, my girlfriend and I will be playing when it goes free to play. If I pick Batman as my Mentor and she picks Wonder Woman how much will we get to play together? Does most of the content overlap?

Killthee

Inferno313 said:
Just a question, my girlfriend and I will be playing when it goes free to play. If I pick Batman as my Mentor and she picks Wonder Woman how much will we get to play together? Does most of the content overlap?
Almost all of the content overlaps. There's only ~3 missions exclusive to each mentor and you can play all of them together. The other mentor restriction in the game was the armor you could get once you hit 30, but that was recently unlocked.

Well, this is a bit of a surprise. Not sure how the Premium/Free people are going to be able to do raids with a $2000 cap for repairs/Colas, but should be fun.

Killthee

Looks like the content release schedule is being pushed back once again. Going forward it seems like all future raids/alerts after FoS3 will be coming out quarterly with the DLC packs.

From the FAQ:

9. Are you still adding free content to the game for everyone?

During the transition to free-to-play, we will continue to add brand new game play missions/zones that everyone can enjoy, including two more Fortress of Solitude raids!
Players can also expect continued enhancements to existing content and mechanics.

From the Massively interview:

Massively: Do you see future content coming out specifically for the cash shop, maybe cosmetic or non-combat features?

Lorin Jameson: We'll certainly be adding items to the store. The current items in the store are all convenience or appearance items, and we'll be continuing that trend. Content, at this point, is our DLCpacks, which we'll still be releasing on a quarterly basis. They are optional purchases that you can buy in the store as well.

From the forums:

DeadMeat said:
DO1 said:
deadMeat will we be getting updates as well as DLC ? or will it all be DLC based from now on. I so hope this works as i will carry on with my legend plan if it works out im getting my moneys worth also can we have something a little extra that shows we support this game by paying more.
A lot of the new content we will add to the game moving forward, epecially at the higher end of the game, will be in the DLC's. We will still offer some content as free updates of course as well as enhancements and new open world features. You always have the option to buy the new content if you are a Premium player but Legendary access folks will get access to the DLC content for free so it is a pretty good deal.

DeadMeat

iramoj said:
I would like a more indepth discussion about
  • Premium Plan and what will be offered there. (What we can purchase in the market and for how much). Group Chat and Instance Chat? League Chat? Bolstered Maximum Money Account (Booster Packs)?
  • The Cost of Future DLC
  • The Expected/Desired of New Content. Clarification of if new content will be considered F2P content (After FOS Specifically)
Group, League and Instance chat will be the same as currently implemented. We are not allowing spatial chat for Free access players.

You can purchase cash boosters from the store that will allow you to access money you have in escrow above the tier limits.

We are still targeting $9.99 as our DLC costs.

new raids, new powers and weapon types and a lot of higher level content will be part of the DLC's. Open world, seasonal, and other content will be offered as free updates for sure.

DeadMeat

Killthee

F2P discussion tomorrow.

DCUO Free to Play Webcast

DC Universe Online is going Free to Play! Come learn more in a webcast this Tuesday afternoon at 4:00 PM Pacific Time*. Executive Producer Lorin Jameson and Creative Director Jens Anderson will discuss how Free to Play improves the game and answer many of your burning questions. This is one webcast you do not want to miss!

Join us on Tuesday, September 20, 2011, at 4:00 p.m. Pacific Time*, as we live stream this webcast on the SOE channel on Stickam! You can also tune in through the Stickam tab on our Facebook page. The webcast is expected to last about 30 minutes.

When watching our live webcasts, you can simply tune in by visiting the channel or you can log in to Stickam to tune in and chat with us via text.

Come join us for the fun!

See you on Stickam!

They fixed auction house again. Deposits are back and they're roughly 5% of the sale price; should cause some price deflation. And by that, I mean, of course, when people start running out of money from putting things at 10,000,000 all the time, they'll have to lower their prices.

Or, apparently, they can just pull their stuff off the market entirely, it seems. There's almost nothing left except really dirt cheap stuff. Seems like the scalpers got butthurt.

Killthee

JonnyKtyler said:
How's the community on PC compared to PS3 for this game? I'm gonna get it now that it's F2P but i'm not sure which one
Population is lower, 3 to 1 according to Smedley, but I imagine it'll become more lively once it goes F2P. There's also supposedly some heavy PvP cheaters on the PC side that use macros to pull off insanely quick combos.

Killthee

Looks like Update 5 is filled with bug fixes.

I like the sound of this one:

Controller Role power over time effects have been changed from returning a base of 14 power per second over 22 seconds to returning 70 power every 5 seconds over 25 seconds. This will allow you to see a Power restoration increase for roughly every 14 points of Vitalization gained, instead of requiring roughly 71 points of Vitalization to see an increase.

It should make power over time a lot more effective.

FoS 2 screenshot:

DWrGd.jpg

Crafting workbench?:

Shyhk.jpg

OK, I just got a new pc and my brother is visiting from Texas for a few more days. I'm trying to decide whether I can justify going out and picking up DCUO instead of waiting for it to go free. Some questions:

1 - Sounds like if I do buy, I'd get the 30 days free and could then just slide into the Premium plan, right?
2 - Could I install the game on my computer and with my own Station account, then let my brother take the disc home to install on his computer and with his own account?
3 - If that is not an option, I could install the game on my computer for now and then give him my account info so he could play it on his computer, right? Of course, under that situation we could not both be online at the same time as we would be using the same account.
4 - How demanding is the pc version? My computer will handle it fine (i5 2500k, 8 gigs of RAM, GTX 570) but my brother's is a couple of years old.
5 - Bottom line - Should I spend the money or not? :)

Tonner Cyn said:
OK, I just got a new pc and my brother is visiting from Texas for a few more days. I'm trying to decide whether I can justify going out and picking up DCUO instead of waiting for it to go free. Some questions:

1 - Sounds like if I do buy, I'd get the 30 days free and could then just slide into the Premium plan, right?
2 - Could I install the game on my computer and with my own Station account, then let my brother take the disc home to install on his computer and with his own account?
3 - If that is not an option, I could install the game on my computer for now and then give him my account info so he could play it on his computer, right? Of course, under that situation we could not both be online at the same time as we would be using the same account.
4 - How demanding is the pc version? My computer will handle it fine (i5 2500k, 8 gigs of RAM, GTX 570) but my brother's is a couple of years old.
5 - Bottom line - Should I spend the money or not? :)

1.) Yes, you should if you buy it before Sept. 30.
2.) Not sure on that one.
3.) Yes, definitely.
4.) Seems to run a bit slow on my laptop that I just bought, but then again, Minecraft does sometimes, too. So it really depends on his specs. If it's better than a new laptop (an HP one at that. Don't judge, it gets the work done and it's not a Dell. :p), then yeah, you should be OK.
5.) Depends. Right now it'll cost you more than it will in a week, but you'll also be grandfathered in to a better plan. Sounds like Update 5 will be on its way soon, too. If you can find a good deal on the game somewhere, it might be worth it (especially if some retailer has it marked down to $14.99), plus if you buy it now, I think you can still grandfather yourself into the $29.99 3-month Legends plan before that disappears (it's basically buy two months get a third one free).

Cheska

Heya DCU-Gaf. So I just received my copy of the game today. Do you get any perks for registering and playing the game before the October F2P starts? I know I already get 30 days for free anyways, so I don't see any reason why I shouldn't start playing right away.

Cheska said:
Heya DCU-Gaf. So I just received my copy of the game today. Do you get any perks for registering and playing the game before the October F2P starts? I know I already get 30 days for free anyways, so I don't see any reason why I shouldn't start playing right away.

Yes, probably. Not only do you get put into the Premium Account status permanently, there's probably going to be something they send out to everyone who's a current subscriber as a thank you for sticking with them for so long. They've sent us stuff for smaller things than this before.

Killthee

Cheska said:
You're automatically granted Premium access when F2P starts and your sub plan is grandfathered in if you want to keep paying after the transition. If you're planning on remaining a subscriber you should get the Legends Plan ($30 for 3 months) before they take it down on November 1st.

If you keep paying after the transition you'll get a "Loyalty Reward" which supposedly includes a Green Lantern mask.

Cheska

Grinchy said:
First time seeing a F2P game?

Yes :( I've actually never played an MMO. Never saw the appeal of them, or had the time to dedicate, but I enjoyed my time with the game immensely when I played last night.

Cheska said:
Yes :( I've actually never played an MMO. Never saw the appeal of them, or had the time to dedicate, but I enjoyed my time with the game immensely when I played last night.

Yeah, Champions Online is in a similar boat as DCUO will be, except they chose to limit your power choices instead of bank size/how much money you could have out at once, I think.

Grinchy

Banned
Cheska said:
lol sorry...after reading my response again it sounded snarky

I thought this was a really great game until it frustrated me for months on end with no fixes in sight. F2P is definitely going to get me to play it again, on PC this time, as long as I find myself with the free time.

Top Bottom