• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Unveil New Costumes for Wonder Woman and Supes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senoculum

I like Wonder Woman's costume. It's totally contemporary, and a nice response to everyone ever who's stated that female superheros should dress more modest, and not dressed like a schoolboy's fantasy.

Supes is strange, and I would've preferred if he had a beard. He kinda looks like Chris Redfield now.

bengraven

WW is actually really awesome.

I gotta admit, I was never a WW fan because of growing up with just the Linda Carter show for reference and she wasn't really my thing. She looked like my aunt. haha. To this day I see WW as the most empowered of the super-heroines, probably because of that, and I just don't care to see any of her skin.

I see her as a guardian figure, someone to look up to and not to sexualize in any way.

And I'm not saying I'm a feminist saint who doesn't approve of Rogue, who's can't touch skin, unzipping the front of her skin tight costume.

Double standards I guess. ;)

richiek

steals Justin Bieber DVDs
Wonder Woman's new costume looks very Captain Marvel like.

Captain_Marvel_Vol_8_1_Textless.jpg

bengraven

Wait, is the real Batman seriously becoming a Transformer?

Seriously, is Superman wearing jeans and Batman wearing Soundwave actually canon? It's not a joke? Did they think that was cool?

What the fuck are they thinking?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Dude I know you're yolked and all those hours at the Iron Church is ferreal, but maybe you can go up one...MAYBE two sizes in the shirt department?

So just give supra his cape, a beard, and some patchy jeans and we got ourselves a real working man hero. Swinging beer at his ranch pulling a tractor.

Avixph

Seriously, is Superman wearing jeans and Batman wearing Soundwave actually canon? It's not a joke? Did they think that was cool?

We still don't know if it's even Bruce Wayne under that armor.

You know, I don't like WW's new digs. I'm all for her wearing some more armored stuff but it just looks gaudy. And the blades are a bad design choice

Supes continues looking terrible

Wonder Woman looks great.

Don't know what they were thinking with Superman. I mean c'mon, he's super man! He shouldn't look like an ordinary guy.

That superman costume is just so bad. He's superman. Way to miss the point.

Edit: I guess it makes sense if he's depowered. depowering superman also sort of misses the point, but whatever.

aly

WW looks really over designed. Especially with claws and boots. Or maybe I'm just hateful towards WW with pants.

Agreed with people who say the beard would work better with Jeans Superman.

Sou Da

I always like the t-shirt and jeans but it needs the cape and superman's haircut is ass.

EDIT: Oh he's depowered, nevermind.

Wonder Woman looks fucking rad for the most part. The stars need to go, though. The attempt to integrate white into the design just seems clumsy.

Superman is lol-worthy.

He just got a new power that basically wipes out his powers for a day or so if he uses it and it leaves him defenseless.

He's still good old Supes when he doesn't use that.

If anything from Grant Morrison's run stuck, it seems to have been that Superman now started as a beginning of Golden Age powered street level hero in jeans and t-shirt before increasing his powers and becoming the more well known classical hero (although now with alien armor).

It seems like the writers loved that early take on Superman, and we've seen him going back to that costume unofficially several times already. It's not that surprising they actually might attempt to change his current status quo to be closer to that.
Terrifying.

On the bright side, at least Clark isn't using Smallville's "Blue Blur" persona. That would be truly dire.

"lets piss off people who don't buy comics regardless of what we do"

Wonder Woman's is good. Any of her alts are good that aren't a low-cut one-piece. I just hope she isn't wearing high heels.

But what the fuck with Superman? His face and hair doesn't even look like Superman. And what the hell is with the bloody fists?

TEJ

My avatar feels more like superman than that

Looks closer to a buff man in a superman t-shirt than superman.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Wonder Woman's is good. Any of her alts are good that aren't a low-cut one-piece.

But what the fuck with Superman? His face and hair doesn't even look like Superman. And what the hell is with the bloody fists?

Guess you'll need to read the comic!

Sou Da

Wonder Woman's is good. Any of her alts are good that aren't a low-cut one-piece. I just hope she isn't wearing high heels.

Look closer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom