• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Unveil New Costumes for Wonder Woman and Supes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slayven

Why does DC feel the need to change their costumes every other month?

Be glad it is just their costumes, they could be shitting away a great character

du2dc0cjd0kbjaiberdb.jpg

of course.
Comics cost too much and change too much to be worth purchasing. I'll read up on the characters because I enjoy them in other media and the very few cape comics I do read (Justice League 3000 and Injustice). But that doesn't mean I want to subscribe to a dozen different series.

I'll read special issues like Red Son, but it isn't worth it to invest in multiple running series.

Patryn

I think my biggest problem is that it feels like they're trying to make Superman look tough and mean.

Superman should be smiles and happy, not grimacing and looking menacing.

I'm reminded of Grant Morrison explaining the cover of All-Star Superman 1, where he talks about how if there really was this guy who was that powerful, wouldn't he just be relaxed most of the time, simply because very little to nothing could hurt him?

both are ugly as hell.

One of the best things about new 52's WW is the change of gold to Silver in her costume and now they are returning it.

OrochiJR

Gold Member
Wonder Woman looks very 90s with those blades. The rest of her outfit however screams "look how politically correct we are! we are not exploiting our female heroes!". However, I like that design overall.

Supes looks...interesting to put it that way. I just don't see the need to redesign everyone again after they did just that a few years back for New 52. And if you have designs like these (and the Donnie Darko Batman from a few days ago) that are so far removed from the iconic look of these established characters, everyone knows that these will not last. By the time the next movie comes around everything will change back to a new status quo. To me this seems like the beginning of the 90s again with stuff like Jean Paul Valley as Batman and, mullet-Superman and the Superman clones.

Savitar

I like them.

Wonder Woman looks pretty damn fantastic and Superman, well it's no big guess why they went with that design. People liked the basic costume he wore when the Nu52 debuted, the shirts and pants thing when he was fighting for the common man and they've obviously gone back to it because hey it can connect with people even if it's not an iconic suit.

Slayven

I think my biggest problem is that it feels like they're trying to make Superman look tough and mean.

I'm reminded of Grant Morrison explaining the cover of All-Star Superman 1, where he talks about how if there really was this guy who was that powerful, wouldn't he just be relaxed most of the time, simply because very little to nothing could hurt him?

4dMzTLZ.jpg

He found something that could hurt him

Rooster12

5 pages and no one has raged on how awful the new Superman looks???

I mean what in THEEE fuck is that???

That's some cheap Scarlet-Spider-Superboy shit.

I don't wear the same clothes everyday because it gets boring. So I like DC changing costumes a lot. It helps with freshening up a character and it's also good in that when they get an ugly ass design you know it won't last long.

Wonder Woman looks ok. I agree with the comments that the blades need to go.

Superman...I can't even call that a costume. Sorta took the Super our of Superman with that boring look.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Superman- The hair change and face makes it so that he doesn't even look like the same guy anymore. There's no costume at all here; it just looks too plain.

Batman- I just hope that this rabbit armor suit is not actually the same character, but people seem to have faith in the creative team on this one.

Wonder Woman- The gauntlet blade-things are stupid. Ditch them. Get rid of the stars, too, and it's not bad, although it doesn't fit Wonder Woman as an "Amazon Warrior." Reminds me of this Elseworlds version from 1993 or 1994:

Avixph

Superman- The hair change and face makes it so that he doesn't even look like the same guy anymore. There's no costume at all here; it just looks too plain.

Wonder Woman- The gauntlet blade-things are stupid. Ditch them. Get rid of the stars, too, and it's not bad, although it doesn't fit Wonder Woman as an "Amazon Warrior."

Batman- I just hope that this rabbit armor suit is not actually the same character, but people seem to have faith in the creative team on this one.

This might help you:

might as well make his heat vision permanent with the amount of angry red eyes shots there are

Wonder woman is fine(except for arm blades) but kind of unnecessary. Her new 52 look was fine so unless you are doing a dramatic change, what's the point?

There is nothing terrible about supermans' but what's tge reason for change? I don't read superman.

Rumblings that Superman's identity will be made public. Maybe the down home farm boy feels he doesn't need to be flashy if he's got nothing to hide.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom