• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DC Unveil New Costumes for Wonder Woman and Supes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where's Superman? All I see is the Punisher with a Superman shirt on

I hope this is actually what this is. I want to see Superman splatter people all over Metropolis. Fuck Batman though, they gave him a power suit just so they can make more scenes of Superman jobbing to him.

The Wonder Woman costume is divine, even though the blades are goofy.

The Superman costume sucks. Might as well put him in sweatpants and cover his fingers with Cheetos dust to complete the look.

They're both awful. Wonder Woman only slightly less so. Just go back to the classic designs and stop trying to modernize them. All it does it make everything looks dated.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
kELNV6m.jpg

LOL

Akainu

Do they ever explain where some superheroes get their costumes from are they all secretly also tailors and seamstresses?

So they're reverting back to Superman's original costume from the 52 run? I'm pretty sure Grant Morrison wanted him to look that way indefinitely. Why start listening to him now?

ReiGun

Wonder Woman's look isn't perfect, but I like it more than most attempts to make the character more "modest." Usually, it seems people start from a place of wanting to cover her up. but don't actually care to much to maintain her iconography and/or at least make something visually appealing. This suit feels like an attempt at both and while there's things I'd change, I do quite like it.

WB/DC: "Oh how the FUCK can we make Superman cool?"
- 1989 -> ?

Well they're not converting anyone.

You think they care anymore. At this point, the writing is on the wall for comics, so fuck it. Let's get nuts.

Wonder Woman looks cool. Good luck keeping that design too long before people cry her back into a mini skirt though.

Wasn't she wearing pants in the New 52 redesign and before the first Justice League issue dropped she was back in the skirt? Promo art changed and everything. Right?

Loxley

Wonder Woman looks alright, but Superman...ugh. I like that they're going with a nod to old Max Fleischer take on the \S/ symbol, but the rest is so damn lazy. The whole t-shirt and jeans look worked in the 2000's, but now it's a little dated.

Stage On

Wonder woman's is fine if you ditch the arm blades...

Super man on the other hand just looks wrong with out his cape, and that hair style looks wrong on him too. Too space marine.

ReiGun

Wonder Woman looks cool. Good luck keeping that design too long before people cry her back into a mini skirt though.

Wasn't she wearing pants in the New 52 redesign and before the first Justice League issue dropped she was back in the skirt? Promo art changed and everything. Right?

She's wearing the skirt in the film so...yeah. This is a safe bet.

And most fans actually prefer the skirt to the short shorts she usually rocks.

Wonder woman is fine(except for arm blades) but kind of unnecessary. Her new 52 look was fine so unless you are doing a dramatic change, what's the point?

There is nothing terrible about supermans' but what's the reason for change? I don't read superman.

She's wearing the skirt in the film so...yeah. This is a safe bet.

And most fans actually prefer the skirt to the short shorts she usually rocks.

Oh, sorry. I meant those shorts, actually. Even a skirt is asking too much. The skirt is cool, but she always ends up back in her underwear.

I hope Superman brings Krypto to Justice League meetings held with a chain forged from an exploding star.

Have him chow down on some pastrami sandwiches.

ReiGun

Oh, sorry. I meant those shorts, actually. Even a skirt is asking too much. The skirt is cool, but she always ends up back in her underwear.

The skirt has always been the best option. Even fan designs tend to go with it, and it's the most indicative of her first appearance. People who fight over pants vs shorts generally agree the skirt is a good compromise. But for some reason DC only uses the skirt sparingly.

Elginer

Wonder Woman's costume looks badass. Supes looks like he simply gives no fucks anymore. Was he hit with financial problems or some shit?! Damn, at least put some fucking effort into it.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I like them, might as well go all out in craziness before Convergence or whatever is they are doing now.

Sou Da

Surprisingly enough I don't like wondies costume. My favorite of hers has been justice league war.

Her War costume is pretty good, going forward there needs to be a mandate to stick to silver or bronze for her metal pieces though.

The skirt has always been the best option. Even fan designs tend to go with it, and it's the most indicative of her first appearance. People who fight over pants vs shorts generally agree the skirt is a good compromise. But for some reason DC only uses the skirt sparingly.

Yeah, it's pretty bizarre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom