• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 - Jiggle Physics Are Back!

Vlaphor

I would never want a game to fail, per se, since I know a lot of people worked on it who had nothing to do with these issues...but it feels like the management is pushing for it to do bad against anything and everything the fans want.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
At the end of the day, regardless of dev choices, I'm a simple man.

QCXdPqt.jpg

You put Mila in your game, I buy it.

Vlaphor

I hope this stays as the main DOA6 discussion topic haha

I'd be happy to bump this thread with more pics everyday. I have...all of them. Every DOA pic ever put online (not related to Marie Rose). I could do it for awhile

Edit: If I'm going to talk about posting images, I probably should, and I'll keep them spoilered, just in case.

ZmupXoR.gif

SbHfAf6.jpg

UBdHr0F.gif

I'd love to post more Tina, but a good chunk of the pics I have access to will come from DOAX3...and she wasn't invited.

Last edited:

MayauMiao

I would never want a game to fail, per se, since I know a lot of people worked on it who had nothing to do with these issues...but it feels like the management is pushing for it to do bad against anything and everything the fans want.

I don't want to see them fail either but I guess its the only way we gamers can send a strong message to developers that they should stop trying to sell us their politics and start selling us product that fans of the game really want.

Dante83

Banned
"In the interview, Koei Tecmo also revealed that some characters may not make its March 2019 launch. This is due to the heavy development schedule, so some playable characters may be available as DLC at a later date."

Now watch the base roster include Genfu, Cyber Raidou, and shit, while characters that poll well like Nyotengu and Momiji are DLC.

I don't like this trend where devs try to get a game out early after the initial announcement, and then say come out and mention that some characters can't make the cut, coming up with more dlc. They are trying to prepare people for the disappointment compared to sweeping it under the rug for people to find out about it later on. It's better than being scummy like other devs, but I am still not feeling it...They should just delay the game and polish whatever that needs to be done, then release it. I knew this game was too early to be released as they just announced it, and we learn that it's coming out early next year. I rather have them release a game that is finished and polished day 1 than rushing it out with missing characters among other stuff.

Vlaphor

Team Ninja put up this pic of the current character select screen

Z4LLIGJ.jpg

Diego looks fine, and Lei Fang is cute, but she still feels off. I guess we'll have to wait for more info.

Here's some more pics of better Lei Fang

xLCkXXp.png

sb4Ux0U.png

and one of Honoka, just because they've accidentally leaked that she well be in the game, so they need to hurry up and show her off

SzUIkph.gif

Vlaphor

Wonder if "Woke Or Alive 6" will even be successful without all the sexiness?

The current sentiment I've been seeing around various forums and Reddit is that the regular fans aren't really that interested and the e-sports crowd they're trying to get would rather play Tekken or Soul Calibur.

kunonabi

The current sentiment I've been seeing around various forums and Reddit is that the regular fans aren't really that interested and the e-sports crowd they're trying to get would rather play Tekken or Soul Calibur.

Therein lies the rub. The core gameplay of DOA is what has always turned off the rest of the FGC. It's just too different and unappealing for there to be the kind of crossover they want. The chances of them finally changing their minds on it now just isnt all that likely.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Well, too bad that DoA would have to be sacrificed in the altar of DIEversity, but it was their choice, and one that would have to come to terms with that, at the very least, a cautionary tale for all the other developers.

plushyp

I thought they were toning down the sexiness but I see Rig baring his chest while Zack and Jann are still shirtless. So why do they have the same costumes as before?

Last edited:

Z4LLIGJ.jpg

Diego looks fine, and Lei Fang is cute, but she still feels off. I guess we'll have to wait for more info.

I commend Team Ninja for injecting some bright colors into the game. As much as I loved DoA5, it did seem a bit too dark and flat sometimes.
Lei Fang seems a bit off to me because her eyes and hair are very light. She's still hot though. I guess thats the main thing :)
Diego isnt as pretty as I first thought. lol. Fine by me.

kunonabi

I thought they were toning down the sexiness but I see Rig baring his chest while Zack and Jann are still shirtless. So why do they have the same costumes as before?
It's only male heterosexuality that gets frowned upon. Appealing to straight women and homosexual males has actually been increasing.

Lokimaru

I'd be happy to bump this thread with more pics everyday. I have...all of them. Every DOA pic ever put online (not related to Marie Rose). I could do it for awhile

Edit: If I'm going to talk about posting images, I probably should, and I'll keep them spoilered, just in case.

UBdHr0F.gif

I'd love to post more Tina, but a good chunk of the pics I have access to will come from DOAX3...and she wasn't invited.

Which was bullshit cause you know damn well Zack loves him some Tina.

Vlaphor

"Sorry Zack you have to make room on your island for this blonde girl who looks 14 instead."

Well, cmon. Would you rather have either

A:

7KBSTfd.gif

W51zrO4.gif

hhrpgc9.gif

or

B:

k8HXeCh.gif

BTW, if the answer is B, then come on in, have a seat, tell me what you're doing here...

Where's Tina and Christie? I'm certainly not buying 6 if they aren't there and I still don't understand why the hell they weren't in X3.

But please keep posting more pics, they are.... relevant to my interests.

Well, I really shouldn't OK. Here's some Tina goodness, with some mods applied near the end (may be slightly NSFW)

nzZjfmx.jpg

ptzfbJt.jpg

tShGTBa.jpg

EuJvlGc.png

WvGJgr5.png

Mods really have made the PC version of DOA5 so damn good. They're the one bit of hope in me for DOA6.

Last edited:

thelastword

Banned

Z4LLIGJ.jpg

What's with all those polygonal looking edges at the bottom of Leifang's shirt and around the wrist of her gloves? Or on Diego's vest near the chest area. This is lacking so much detail and smoothness. Character models nor the environments are impressive...

DOAHDM Beach Paradise is probably one of the best mods ever made, just based on how much I've played with it.

If you want a glimpse into what Beach Paradise does, watch this very well done video (which, BTW, is fairly NSFW)

https://streamable.com/8m95p

Yeah, that's a great mod, most nude mods for games just look off to me.

That however looks pretty close to what I'd imagine if you could "officially" see them nude.

I would say that gravity is what adds to the realism more than anything else.

I have noticed it's seems they made their boobs a little bigger, at least on some of the girls, though I could be wrong.

I see the temptation to go over the top but to me the idea should be to keep it to what's in the normal game as much as possible, like I said, to make it as if it's the "official" game and not so obviously a mod.

At any rate those are some nice virtual titties.

onlyoneno1

hmmm... jigglyyy....

But seriously its nice to see the series back to what it is. Now show us some Ayane gameplay please.

Aggelos

That's Itagaki today! He's still dat Boss. He always was dat Boss, dat Man, dat Legend!

How about some throwback Itagaki from 1997 when he sat down with Yu Suzuki?
Suzuki proposed him to do DOA2 on Model 3 arcade hardware, since it was cutting-edge in terms of arcade boards back in 1997.
Despite Itagaki's absence, the DOA series is progressing very nicely and smoothly.
Hence its reaching and entering the current gen of PS4 Pro and Xbox One X (as Tekken and Soul Calibur did with Tekken 7 and SC6 respectively). On the other hand, Virtua Fighter strayed away from its path and got lost somewhere in the last gen (PS3 and Xbox360)

Senhua

I will attend this year TGS and watch DOA 6 exhibition. Very excited to watch how Japan FGC to respond about the "new" concept.

Last edited:
Suzuki proposed him to do DOA2 on Model 3 arcade hardware, since it was cutting-edge in terms of arcade boards back in 1997.
Despite Itagaki's absence, the DOA series is progressing very nicely and smoothly.

I disagree, a certain magic has been lost since Itagaki's depature.

It's not TERRIBLE now or anything but for me it's not as good as it once was.

itagaki is forever a legend in my eyes for ninja gaiden xbox, probably the best action game ever.

Agreed, it's an absolutely phenomenal game.

Vlaphor

Agreed, it's an absolutely phenomenal game.

Ninja Gaiden/Black/Sigma is my favorite game of all time. I spent over a dozen hours on the demo alone. The feel of everything was perfection, the challenge level was something that most other games didn't have then, and for a time, it was the best looking game on any console...while still running at/around 60fps. Utter masterpiece.

Also, Rachel is amazing, but you probably already guessed that I'm a fan of her.

jWJF6Dh.jpg

zWTwvKo.jpg

zwrtljG.jpg

One of the first anime/game figurines I ever bought.

Ninja Gaiden/Black/Sigma is my favorite game of all time. I spent over a dozen hours on the demo alone. The feel of everything was perfection, the challenge level was something that most other games didn't have then, and for a time, it was the best looking game on any console...while still running at/around 60fps. Utter masterpiece.

Also, Rachel is amazing, but you probably already guessed that I'm a fan of her.

jWJF6Dh.jpg

zWTwvKo.jpg

zwrtljG.jpg

Oh hell yes, Rachel is smoking hot.

Another interview.....
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/th...ad-or-alive-6-director-yohei-shimbori/.136321

Continues using the realistic and more natural defense for fanservice, tells fans not to be so down. I do enjoy him continue changing his reason ever interview, first it was for eSports, then being "cultural appropriate", then because of the engine itself (Dynasty Warriors 9 engine), still work in progress, and so on.
Openly says some characters are more popular than the game itself, then later says popularity isn't all about the roster choices but "story" and balancing...... So he basically says characters sell the game since they're more popular than the game itself, which is whyFTP DOA was so successful, but then says it's okay to cut them for story....wut? Remember when they killed Joker in Injustice and he wasn't playable in Injustice 2 because of story? OH WAIT! So yeah sounds like they're debating which popular characters to gut to sell back to us as DLC later, and using the dumb story reason that never works out since characters sell fighting games, not story, that's just a bonus people hope is good eough.

Doczu

Another interview.....
https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/th...ad-or-alive-6-director-yohei-shimbori/.136321

Continues using the realistic and more natural defense for fanservice, tells fans not to be so down. I do enjoy him continue changing his reason ever interview, first it was for eSports, then being "cultural appropriate", then because of the engine itself (Dynasty Warriors 9 engine), still work in progress, and so on.
Openly says some characters are more popular than the game itself, then later says popularity isn't all about the roster choices but "story" and balancing...... So he basically says characters sell the game since they're more popular than the game itself, which is whyFTP DOA was so successful, but then says it's okay to cut them for story....wut? Remember when they killed Joker in Injustice and he wasn't playable in Injustice 2 because of story? OH WAIT! So yeah sounds like they're debating which popular characters to gut to sell back to us as DLC later, and using the dumb story reason that never works out since characters sell fighting games, not story, that's just a bonus people hope is good eough.

Can someone tell them to stick to one story instead of changing the reason for each fucking interview?

Either admit you went the bad direction with the game or just STFU because no one is believing any of the stuff you are writing.

Oh and Soul Calibur confirmed a boob slider for character creation. They are winning the fan service points right now

“Thank you everyone. I’m so glad to hear your voices. Please support our DOA together. I have to say. DOA can’t survive with money earned by continuously selling too much sexual DLCs. DOA can live with respects from all of the DOA fans. So, please make them aware of what they have to do for the future of DOA."- ITAGAKI

Tone down them tits.

Vlaphor

“Thank you everyone. I’m so glad to hear your voices. Please support our DOA together. I have to say. DOA can’t survive with money earned by continuously selling too much sexual DLCs. DOA can live with respects from all of the DOA fans. So, please make them aware of what they have to do for the future of DOA."- ITAGAKI

nHystNc.gif

CatCouch

Not seeing a lot of encouraging news around this game... Too many other games worth my attention that show me why I should buy it instead of bouncing all over the place trying to justify changes that they know will push customers away.

I'm kind of getting the impression that some of the most popular characters won't return because they don't want that audience anymore. I'm not reading every interview so maybe I'm missing something but I'm betting that Marie Rose isn't coming back (or will be DLC). You can correct if that's already been addressed.

I've lost interest in this game, unfortunately. I guess I'll just follow it the way I followed MVC: Infinite where I only follow to see if it will go as badly as I think it will. Such a shame. I've spent a lot of time and money on this series.

MayauMiao

I got nothing but love and respect for the man...but he really needs to stay away from the one ring. Just give it to the hobbitses and let them be on their way.

At least Itagaki don't put up with bullshit. Once he was forced to wear a white robe at a Kinect event like some cult gathering, left the event probably because it looked ridiculous.

jzliPsb.jpg

Vlaphor

Not seeing a lot of encouraging news around this game... Too many other games worth my attention that show me why I should buy it instead of bouncing all over the place trying to justify changes that they know will push customers away.

I'm kind of getting the impression that some of the most popular characters won't return because they don't want that audience anymore. I'm not reading every interview so maybe I'm missing something but I'm betting that Marie Rose isn't coming back (or will be DLC). You can correct if that's already been addressed.

I've lost interest in this game, unfortunately. I guess I'll just follow it the way I followed MVC: Infinite where I only follow to see if it will go as badly as I think it will. Such a shame. I've spent a lot of time and money on this series.

Kind of what I've been hearing sounds like not only will the most popular characters be DLC, but that the game might have sexy fanservice, but it'll be limited to certain costumes and those'll be DLC as well. As the director has said, we don't know everything yet. The problem is that everything he has told us sucks so far.

jWJF6Dh.jpg

zWTwvKo.jpg

zwrtljG.jpg

Yes. Rachel is awesome. One of my favorite characters.

Top Bottom