• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive 6 - Jiggle Physics Are Back!

Isa

Looking better than I initially thought but I'm still reserving judgement. The animations look off, like old-gen tech spliced into the game. I am glad to see Honoka, but its so weird seeing the gal's sizes so toned down. If I ever get it it'll probably be way after launch when I have seen enough user reviews and post-launch content. I can't believe we're in an epoch when fighting games don't include their full rosters at launch, and also at least a new character or two. Man this nickle-and-dime'ing is grotesque at times.

Also one of my favorite things is watching my girl bounce and move her controller around during a match to watch the girl's breasts move about. Like a mini-game in and of itself.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Let's be honest.

They're already doing slo-mo face punches, right?

PessimisticFlakyBumblebee-max-1mb.gif

If I can't Jann Lee Super Punch a DD tiddy in slo-mo with sweat flying off, then DoA is a hollow shell of what it once was. The sexiness has always been matched with dry humor and bombastic "acting". And to make it fair, go ahead and simulate the guys' testicles then they get punched, just like this:

MediocreVapidCollie.gif

Vlaphor

Looking better than I initially thought but I'm still reserving judgement. The animations look off, like old-gen tech spliced into the game. I am glad to see Honoka, but its so weird seeing the gal's sizes so toned down. If I ever get it it'll probably be way after launch when I have seen enough user reviews and post-launch content. I can't believe we're in an epoch when fighting games don't include their full rosters at launch, and also at least a new character or two. Man this nickle-and-dime'ing is grotesque at times.

Also one of my favorite things is watching my girl bounce and move her controller around during a match to watch the girl's breasts move about. Like a mini-game in and of itself.

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get it at launch or not. It seems they're trying to course correct somewhat, but I'm wondering if its too late to do it properly, given that the game is supposed to come out in four months.

Also, yes, just watching them bounce is one of the best parts of DOA. When they added the video option in DOA5 Ultimate (which allowed you to view their win and lose poses with camera control) that was one of the best things ever.

Let's be honest.

They're already doing slo-mo face punches, right?

PessimisticFlakyBumblebee-max-1mb.gif

They've announced that this can be disabled, thankfully.

Isa

I'm still trying to decide if I want to get it at launch or not. It seems they're trying to course correct somewhat, but I'm wondering if its too late to do it properly, given that the game is supposed to come out in four months.

Also, yes, just watching them bounce is one of the best parts of DOA. When they added the video option in DOA5 Ultimate (which allowed you to view their win and lose poses with camera control) that was one of the best things ever.

They've announced that this can be disabled, thankfully.

Yeah that's a good point. I think if they see the demand and/or lack of sales they might work on adding and tweaking the T'n'A post launch. Thanks for the head's up about being able to disable the bone-crushing cam, it's a bit much for us.

That's because they are. Only new animations in each DOA game is for actual new moves, a large chunk of animations have been in use since DOA2, just like how Tekken has animations in play from Tekken 3 and SoulCalibur VI is still using SCIV animations. So not only don't we even get the full roster at launch in fighters now, but they're selling DLC that's just a rebalanced old character with a new model (and if they're already in story mode, then even that isn't new) and a handful of new animations (then you have games like BlazBlue Cross Tag Battle that outright charged us for already made sprites).

Vlaphor

What is Ryona for 500 Alex.

Ryona comes as part of the general package of a fighting game. If I want it that bad though, I'll play Mortal Kombat.

Either way, the important thing is that we can turn off the excess stuff for those who don't want it.

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.

Looks like good ole DOA to me. In fact there's more color than DOA5 which is nice. That had a washed out look.

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR

Looks like good ole DOA to me. In fact there's more color than DOA5 which is nice. That had a washed out look.

Thanks for posting. I agree that it's more colorful. The arenas also look much more "open" unlike DOA5, which always made DoA5 feel "last gen" to me. "Open" in terms of the backgrounds and activity, not in terms of the physical floorspace of the arena.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

So, a new trailer didn't come out, but it looks like there will be a DOAfest in November, so maybe we'll get something then.

Also, the final new costume from the list of three has been revealed. It's for Marie Rose, so I wont post it. I'm not that mean.

Finally, take a look at what content descriptor just got added to the DOA6 Steam page

https://steamdb.info/app/838380/history/?changeid=5126234

I wonder if DOA6 will have HDR support, and if it has it, will it support it on PC?

Last edited:

Vlaphor

Looks like the director has spoken again.

"I want to say that I am sorry for giving various misunderstandings until now, first of all. The appearance has changed as the game engine is renewed, and things that are expected are well entered."

This is a google translation from this interview here.

https://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/interview/1144464.html

and I got this little snippit from the FreeStepDodge twitter account.

So yeah, is he trying to backtrack all the way, or was this just poor communication from the start?

Dunki

"I want to say that I am sorry for giving various misunderstandings until now, first of all. The appearance has changed as the game engine is renewed, and things that are expected are well entered."

So yeah, is he trying to backtrack all the way, or was this just poor communication from the start?
I think it is total different marketing between the west and Japan. Whcih also makes you wonder if they will have region specific content in the long term.

CatCouch

Interesting. I certainly hope to see more in the future that gives me confidence this is still the DOA I loved. I am liking the brighter colors I'm seeing now.

I swear, though, if they release this game edited or in anyway different from what Japan gets I'll drop it then and there. I'd hate to see a Conan Exiles situation where the highest breast bounce options are greyed out in a western release. I'm pretty sure that won't be the case but I'm not totally confident due to how strong Shimbori's interviews have been about toning the game down when talking to western publications who are quite happy to rub it in.

Vlaphor

I highly doubt they would do anything like differing versions for different regions...and even if they do, the PC version will fix everything.

I doubt it will be changed in the West, it's just like DOA5, announced it, said dumb things, quickly backtracked when Ninja Gaiden 3 flopped and they desperately went into "fans first" mode to desperately get back into the good graces of fans, as NG3 interviews were also filled with Hayashi saying dumb shit.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

I doubt it will be changed in the West, it's just like DOA5, announced it, said dumb things, quickly backtracked when Ninja Gaiden 3 flopped and they desperately went into "fans first" mode.

Now they just need to fix the boobs so they're bigger and bouncier, and we might be on track for a proper DOA here.

MayauMiao

The director felt the Battlefield V like backlash.

CatCouch

WTF! That's really stupid.
Conan took the full nudity option out in the US console releases, it's there for PC, though. It still has boobs but no lower body bits. The full nudity option is a greyed out option you can't pick. It seems it's not censored in Europe. Pretty stupid.

The fact that has happened this year makes me a bit worried it can happen again here since DOA Xtreme 3 didn't release here at all and Shimbori won't stop talking about toning the game down while showing totally not toned down stuff in Japan. I guess it's a wait and see. Too bad, I would immediately preorder if it didn't have this cloud of uncertainty around it.

Fuz

Banned

They don't reuse assets? They re-do all the models, textures and code from scratch?

Vlaphor

They don't reuse assets? They re-do all the models, textures and code from scratch?

I think what he's trying to say (this is via Google Translate after all) is that he never really meant that the sexiness would be toned down, just that they hadn't implemented it into the new engine yet and weren't ready to show it off...which I don't know if I believe or not, but we'll see when the game comes out. That being said, I fully expect quite a bit to be reused from the previous game.

Vlaphor

New character revealed for that goddamn PC port of Xtreme 3.

iBfgA9u.jpg

It's not a PC port of Xtreme 3, it's called Venus Vacation and it's a Gacha. There is no volleyball gameplay, it's all about equipping the right swimsuits and leveling up the girls, like any other Gacha. The odds are low and the prices are high if you don't manage to draw what you want, but because it's a PC exclusive Gacha, they can get a lot racier than the console games can.

Also, these videos will be slighty NSFW, so I'll spoiler them.

This one was supposed to have a music track, but didn't for some reason.

They reuse one of three animations for each SSR swimsuit gain (the most powerful swimsuits, and of course, the rarest)

Since that one was Honoka, I can generally forgive anything.

Also, while I don't really care for the new character Luna, Tamaki is supposed to be a horny drunk older woman (though keep in mind that Japan's idea of a milf is a woman in her late twenties) and I am down with that.

Despite the thumbnail saying violently drunk, Tamaki is just a horny drunk in this video.

I've put about $40 into it, but to be honest, the thing that keep me from putting in more is how expensive it is. If you want ten spins on the Gacha wheel it's about $50, though you can usually do ten spins on the wheel once every event they hold with the currency you earn in game. If it was $20 per ten spins, I'd probably drop $20 each paycheck to be honest.

Finally, I want to post this pic of Honoka from her intro one more time, just because it is probably one of my favorite "official" pics of Honoka out there

xLXhrjj.jpg
Edit - thought I should point out one more thing about the game's pay structure. That new character at the top of my post can only be unlocked with real money for the first three months. It costs about $50...to have a chance at unlocking her. After three months, it becomes possible to unlock her in Gacha spins, though you still have to get her SSR swimsuit to do so, which generally has between a 3% chance to a less than 1% chance, though the $50 spins will give you a 3% chance to unlock her.

Edit 2 - Here's a few more videos, just because

Last edited:
Reposting images from previous page

RightIllHylaeosaurus-size_restricted.gif

FilthySecondhandFieldspaniel-size_restricted.gif

Damn shame, but to go over a point I've made many time, mods can fix what the developers break.
I'm still trying to get over why tey changed her face when everyone else is just a updated DOA5 face, especially since Kasumi's face was considered one of the best.

Vlaphor

I'm still trying to get over why tey changed her face when everyone else is just a updated DOA5 face, especially since Kasumi's face was considered one of the best.

McjqkIh.jpg

I think her face looks about the same to be honest. Still cute, but...other parts of her need work.

McjqkIh.jpg

I think her face looks about the same to be honest. Still cute, but...other parts of her need work.
It looks fine in that story cutscene, and her character select screen. However in her intro and victory poses, and actual gameplay, something looks very off to me.
DOA6_BreakGaugeSystem.jpeg
DfLORKHW4AELUUP.jpg

DeadOrAlive6.jpg

Last edited:

Vlaphor

Why even live?

tJIxJbd.jpg

Did you see all of those videos I posted? There's your reason to live! So live!!!!!

Also, you get to watch them play volleyball, you just have no direct control other than calling a time out to change their tactics somewhat, bring in a guest character, or activate super mode (which is based on a meter which fills during the match).

Last edited:
Did you see all of those videos I posted? There's your reason to live! So live!!!!!

Also, you get to watch them play volleyball, you just have no direct control other than calling a time out to change their tactics somewhat, bring in a guest character, or activate super mode (which is based on a meter which fills during the match).

I might be a bit old fashioned and prefer the raunchiness to be a small part of a summer/beach game. Like a slightly raunchy version of those old PS1-era Barbie games, where you could play various games, unlock clothes, etc.

Vlaphor

I might be a bit old fashioned and prefer the raunchiness to be a small part of a summer/beach game. Like a slightly raunchy version of those old PS1-era Barbie games, where you could play various games, unlock clothes, etc.

The whole point of the game is to sell you raunchiness in lieu of actual gameplay.

Vlaphor

So hey, Dualshockers just released this image

KydgP6G.jpg

as a teaser to who will be unveiled next

From this article here

https://www.dualshockers.com/dead-or-alive-6-returning-characters-clues/

It's obvious from the photo that it's going to be Kokoro (who I'm not all that interested in, but good for those who like her) and Lisa (who I like a hell of a lot).

Now, this is how Lisa looked in DOA5

Somehow, I doubt she will be as busty, but who knows how bouncy she'll be.

I'll be honest, I'm both anticipating and dreading the announcement of DOA6 Tina, especially when you consider that Honoka lost a couple of cup sizes, and big boobs were how she was originally advertised and announced ("We're announcing a new character, and she has the largest bust of the DOA girls"). We'll see. Still, more news.

Vlaphor

Brand new interview over at Gameinformer.

https://www.gameinformer.com/interv...alks-having-the-fighter-taken-seriously-while

A couple of choice quotes.

"In terms of the number of male versus female characters, this is only what we’ve shown so far, but in the end there will probably be more female characters. This is because we’ve done some marketing research and we found that the series’ fans are really looking forward to female characters. Part of our job is to please the fans so it will be [tilted] toward women."

Ya fuckin' think?!?

"We’re working within our fan expectations, and we do want to dispel any rumors that there is no (boob) movement whatsoever. That’s been a misunderstanding."

We listened to the words that you said previously and took them to mean what you said. Our bad.

Well, it sounds like they are serious about trying to make the actual fans happy this time, so that's good. They say that the bounce engine is still only about 70% done, so hopefully it will improve...but with the Japanese special edition having all the goodies it does and interviews like these, I may be ready to love again.

Last edited:

Vlaphor

I think this deserves a repost

I was requested to spoiler this image earlier, so I'm doing it again, just to be safe.

AgreeableAdorableAnnelid-size_restricted.gif

Vlaphor

Also, potential new announcement tomorrow morning. Probably new character(s). This announcement is being pretty hyped up by certain sources.

We'll wait and see.

Same lady. Same room even. I ended the clip right before the twins were fully freed though, though I do have the complete version as well.

Same lady. Same room even. I ended the clip right before the twins were fully freed though, though I do have the complete version as well.

I know, but reminded me of that thread and I'm pretty sure it was about the same as your clip as well, the one that nib95 posted (though gone now), from what I remember. Looking at that thread makes me so sad about what GAF transformed to up to the exodus. Joking about looking at everything (fans, luggage, screen, etc.), except the girl, or being allowed to honestly express sexual interest/lewd. Oh well, back to the topic.

I'm looking forward to seeing what other characters there are. I also hope we get more focus on the storylines, especially my man Jann Lee and Lei Fang. Also, they better include Tina.

Top Bottom