• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead or Alive : Last Round - Feb 17th NA - Feb 20th EU - $39.99 ($29.99 for ps3/360)

drotahorror

Naturally they won't scrap the engine they created, I'm not expecting substantial visual improvements for the PS4 and XB1 versions of DOA5, then I guess these will be the best versions of DOA5 in terms of gameplay without any frame drops, so that's one thing to make this the most competitively viable version of DOA5.

I thought I read somewhere that extra particle effects and whatnot had been added to the current gen versions. I could be wrong though.

Griss

I thought I read somewhere that extra particle effects and whatnot had been added to the current gen versions. I could be wrong though.

We've seen videos, so we have a good idea. It's pretty disappointing. 1080p, 60fps, as you'd expect, but apparently no AA. A PR guy said that might make it in, but I doubt he speaks for the dev team, and would be surprised if we see AA in the final version.

There are clearly new particle effects, but no new texture or geometry. Strangely, the two new 'current-gen' only stages are just a low-poly and poorly textured as the old ones. However the 'soft-skin engine' will be implemented for current-gen, which what they're calling a new skin shader and new breast physics.

Hoping for better netcode but it seems like a very lazy 'port' from a technical point of view. From a content point of view I couldn't be happier - the three DLC characters I don't have plus 2 new ones, 2 stages and 100 extra costumes give or take is more than enough to get me to buy back in for 40 euros.

Galdelico

Since Last Round is the first step of the series in this new gen - as in, I assume it's gonna be played by many people for the first time - is it still gonna reuse the same old DoA5 Story Mode once again?
I see - just by looking at the preorder bonus costumes - how Team Ninja is trying to sell the game, but... That Story Mode would barely feature half of the actual cast of characters. Wouldn't it be a bit weird at this point?

Celcius

°Temp. member
DLC may transfer, but my question is will save data transfer? Story mode progress, trials completed, playtime, costumes unlocked, etc...

So what exactly is new in this version besides a new character. How much of the DLC will be included this time? Ultimate had a decent amount.

Edit: nevermind.

Skilletor

Pre-order DLC? So this isn't the definitive edition with all content? I just want the game with everything.

That was never going to happen with this game. There are now 400+ outfits on disc. That doesn't account for all of the dlc in 5U and they're going to continue releasing DLC once LR drops.

ZeroX03

Banned
That was never going to happen with this game. There are now 400+ outfits on disc. That doesn't account for all of the dlc in 5U and they're going to continue releasing DLC once LR drops.

Welp, they can go without my money and I'll wait until this hits PS+ or sub-$5. Sick of the milking in SF and won't put up with it here.

Espada

Wow, Kasumi's ninja outfit looks really good. Hopefully that translates well to the in-game model because damn. $40, they let me transfer my saves and DLC and this is all before we see the two brand new characters.

I've got a gift card ready for this game.

Just for clarity, I can transfer my DLC from DOA5U (PS3) to DOA5LR on the Playstation 4? If not, then it's not a dealbreaker I'm" still purchasing it anyway.

400 costumes on disc, how many Ultimate has on disc? I am a bit confused. Any dlc costumes released after ultimate comes free on this one? Wondering if I need to be careful about which one I might buy before the release.

Skilletor

400 costumes on disc, how many Ultimate has on disc? I am a bit confused. Any dlc costumes released after ultimate comes free on this one? Wondering if I need to be careful about which one I might buy before the release.

Around 300 were on disc for Ultimate. Some of the ones on disc for Last Round appear to be entrants from costume contests.

I wouldn't buy anymore DLC, personally. No telling what they'll include.

Also, shoutouts to Dark Tower fans.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Waiiiit, they're doing a PS360 release for this?

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
This game is gonna be a great time waster until DOA6...then the visual improvements should really be good

ShinMaruku

Didn't the last one come out years ago?

Hayashi was too busy taking over Koei when he is complete we shall have a new one. I hope you buy it.
24_smashcinema.jpg

p3n

Aloah Hitomi being held hostage by Gamestop...I will prepare the transaction and call for SWAT assistance.

Can't wait. I just wish the digital version would come with all of the pre-order DLC. Hopefully I won't have to do what I did with DOA5U
pick up two copies and return one....to Gamestop.

PadPoet

505 Games Ltd
That was a ton of fun to watch!

They really need to tell us what DLC is included so I don't buy all these DLC packs!

Also, any word on if the PS3 USB stick will be compatible? (The official DOA5 one).

I'll ask KOEI-TECMO. Guys there are really good friends :)

Top Bottom