• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake also coming to PS4 according to PlayStation Latinoamérica (Update: Confirmed a mistake)

Lunatic_Gamer

Gold Member
Update:

Luke Skywalker Reaction GIF

Last edited by a moderator:

HL3.exe

Lol, if true.

(Makes certain sense. Not seeing stuff -gameplay wise or visual- that couldn't be optimized for 2013 hardware... But in that sense, I feel the PS5 exclusive titles that are released -with bit some grease and visual compromises/frame rate- could run on older gen)

Jennings

Oh, nice. This helps explain the poor frame rate in the gameplay videos. As long as that's justified by giving more players access to the game I'll give the design problem a pass. With any luck the audience will be big enough with all these available platforms to justify a full-on remake of Dead Space 2.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Well Sony did said recently they want to support PS4 a little bit longer. No shock

skit_data

Could be a mistake but I can’t say it would surprise me if it eventually does because I don’t see anything that could be considered next gen outside of the volumetric fog and lighting and that could of course be dialed back a bit and it would essentially be a similar experience.

Last edited:

Stuart360

Could be a mistake but I can’t say it would surprise me if it eventually does because I don’t see anything that could be considered next gen outside of the volumetric fog and lighting and that could of course be dialed back a bit and it would essentially be a similar experience.
Thats the thing, when we get a new crossgen game people assume last gen will be the target platform, then the current gen version gets higher rez and framerate, which this will certainly have, but i feel as this gen goes on, current gen will be the targets with cross gen games, and last gen versions are scaled back versions.

Stuart360

Not sure about that. PC specs are more in line with a next gen game. 16gb ram minimum GTX 1070, Intel 8th gen processor or Ryzen 2.
Way more than your trypical cross gen game.
If thats 'minimum' requirememnts then yeah thats more like a current gen game. This game may very well of been targeting current gen, but EA decided to also add last gen versions later on in development.

Stuart360

Serious question, why did they even bother to release new consoles? What's all this new hardware for? A resolution bump?
I'm not on console but to be honest, a major rez bump, 60+fps, and massively reduced load times is nothing to sniff at.

Current gen only games will come guys, but it will probably take the consoles sat on store shelves readily available for 6+ months before studios consider leaving last gen behind.

Kurotri

And a lot of people praised its graphics until it was confirmed to be cross gen later.
Its funny seeing how people treat a games graphics on here, then completely change their tune when later on they find out the game isnt current gen only.
I think it's because people believe that if game x had been truly current-gen, we could've gotten even better visuals, and that in turn sets them off. I personally don't care all that much since I still think these games look great, but publishers really need to stop announcing games as current-gen and then going "teehee" and revealing last-minute like that there's a version for the previous gen too. There's 0 reason not to be upfront about this from the get-go.

ArtHands

Thinks buying more servers can fix a bad patch
Dead space is not made by sony...

Save that for when they are gonna announce spidey 2 on ps4 after 6 months from the ps5 release.

They didn’t say they were going to continue support PS4 in terms of only first party games. Could also be pushing other publishers to release on PS4 too

GymWolf

Thats the thing, when we get a new crossgen game people assume last gen will be the target platform, then the current gen version gets higher rez and framerate, which this will certainly have, but i feel as this gen goes on, current gen will be the targets with cross gen games, and last gen versions are scaled back versions.
You can't scale back some features that completely change how you play the game.

A zombie game that has 100.000 zombies on screen can't be made on ps4 where you oniy have 500 of them because the game mechanic would change accordingly.

Same for seamless level design that fully use the ssd or games based on destruction or physics.

You can only downscale the eyecandy.

To me, every game that is fully scalable on ps4 is never gonna use 110% of ps5 hardware in a smart, nextgen way like level design or stuff on screen at the same time, or advanced ia or physics etc.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Last edited:

GymWolf

They didn’t say they were going to continue support PS4 in terms of only first party games. Could also be pushing other publishers to release on PS4 too
I sincerely doubt that ea is gonna decide if their game is nextgen only because sony push for that.

Maybe for some smaller publishers but not someone like ea.

Stuart360

You can't scale back some features that completely change how you play the game.

A zombie game that has 100.000 zombies on screen can't be made on ps4 where you oniy have 500 of them because the game mechanic would change accordingly.

Same for seamless level design that fully use the ssd or games based on destruction or physics.

You can only downscale the eyecandy.

To me, every game that is fully scalable on ps4 is never gonna use 110% of ps5 hardware in a smart, nextgen way like level design or stuff on screen at the same time, or advanced ia etc.
Of course you can scale them down, how do you think it works on PC?.
A game that is designed to push PS5/XSX to its limits and use every little piece of magic the console have, in a case like that it would be tough to do a last gen version, but i dont think this Dead Space remake is that game. Its a 360/PS3 game with updated graphics.

skit_data

Yeah, I guess they’ll possibly do last gen versions if it doesn’t involve too much work. It’ll probably be harder to do as the gen goes on but for now it’s clearly possible (as seen with GT7 and RE4 remake).

Last edited:

GymWolf

Of course you can scale them down, how do you think it works on PC?.
A game that is designed to push PS5/XSX to its limits and use every little piece of magic the console have, in a case like that it would be tough to do a last gen version, but i dont think this Dead Space remake is that game. Its a 360/PS3 game with updated graphics.
On pc you scale down the eyecandy, not gameplay mechanics related to physics or seamless level design dude.

Maybe you can list 10 games that on pc have better level design or destruction that impacts the gameplay that are not present in the console version.

Spoiler, you can't.

If a game is made from the core on ps4 it is never gonna use the ssd for smarter things than just zero loading times.

Also pc have still minimum requires, you can't play a super modern game is an old ass pc.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Yeah, I guess they’ll possibly do last gen versions if it doesn’t involve too much work. It’ll probably be harder to do as the gen goes on but for now it’s clearly possible (as seen with GT7 and RE4 remake).
I still think full damage model could have been a reality in a PS5 only GT7.

You know if they want to make games cross gen at least built next gen versions with ray tracing. At least we can tell where the power went.

skit_data

I still think full damage model could have been a reality in a PS5 only GT7.
Yeah, probably some other stuff too but personally I think GT7 was first developed as a PS4 game, switched over to PS5 only mid way through development and then announced as a PS5 only game. Then covid came and fucked up early adoption rate of the PS5 and they had to switch back to a multi-generation game, hence it arriving so late despite being announced and had gameplay in 2020 already.

Last edited:

Represent.

Represent(ative) of bad opinions
So these companies are just straight up lying and hiding info now? They literally said next gen only.

Guess that explains the garbage graphics.

Shame, game went from day 1 to day 0

Last edited:

That's why Plague Tale Requiem is current-gen only. They increased the number of rats on screen from 5k to 300k and improved their AI thanks to these consoles.

Graphics obviously got a huge upgrade too.

GymWolf

That's why Plague Tale Requiem is current-gen only. They increased the number of rats on screen from 5k to 300k and improved their AI thanks to these consoles.

Graphics obviously got a huge upgrade too.
The rats ia?? How so?

Aren't they just part of the puzzles? If they act with an ia it means that puzzles can have rats doing different things instead of jist being an obstacle?n

I'm not a puzzle expert but don't you need like some consistency with enviromental puzzles?

Not sure if i'm clear...

not surprising since scaling back is easier than ever. Multiplatform anyway has to consider Series S, so going the extra mile for PS4 and Xbone for another downgrade isn't that hard probably. And actually CPU heavy stuff probably won't happen in a remake. Which is the only thing that would prevent a eyecandy downgrade on rather similar plattforms.

The rats ia?? How so?

Aren't they just part of the puzzles? If they act with an ia it means that puzzles can have rats doing different things instead of jist being an obstacle?n

I'm not a puzzle expert but don't you need like some consistency with enviromental puzzles?

Not sure if i'm clear...

Your guess is as good as mine. I'm just going by some interviews.

drotahorror

Serious question, why did they even bother to release new consoles? What's all this new hardware for? A resolution bump?
For me personally my ps5 exists only to test my patience. Will I wait for GoW Ragnarok to release on pc or will I buy it day one on ps5 and also buy it on pc eventually?

I haven’t turned my ps5 on to play a game since Returnal.

When I saw the gameplay I thought it looked good, but it didn't look like a game built for the current gen only. I'm not surprised by this. 100m users are hard to leave behind.

Top Bottom