• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dead Space Remake also coming to PS4 according to PlayStation Latinoamérica (Update: Confirmed a mistake)

nial

Gold Member
RE4 remake announced for PS4 but not XBox One
Because they looked at Xbox One sales on their recent games and decided it wasn't worth developing for that console anymore. Not the same case as the PS4, a system with a much bigger install base.

Stuart360

Obviously. EA is pretty much the last publisher I expect to release a current-gen-only game and miss out on all those last-gen sales. I mean, they're still releasing new FIFA games on PS2.

(Ok, they're not, but almost.)
Pretty sure they released Fifa 14 on PS2, which is crazy as XB1 and PS4 were a year old by that point lol.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
I know it looks great compared to the vanilla title, never said otherwise, but it doesn't look great for a nextgen game dude.

If you are mighty impressed like you were impressed by the flashlight in tlou remake, be my guest, but try to understand that people have different standards.

I don't recall ever commenting about this game. But yeah, I do think it looks good for an early gen game. There are volumetrics and lighting that couldn't be done on last gen and it adds to the game's environmental tone. I wouldn't say I'm mightily impressed though, that emotion is reserved for TLOU Pt. 1 cinematics and "flashlight effects" lol.

Honestly, it's your "low budget" comment that triggered a response from me. I don't think any reasonable take would insert such an off base categorization.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
according to the new trailer in US PS Youtube, it was no mistake... Even says "depending on your system". In the end, there's references to PS4.

This is strange. Even in the tag it says “PS4 and PS5 games”, not “PS5 game”. Eurogamer could very well be wrong - what a fucking roller coaster of emotions.

GymWolf

I don't recall ever commenting about this game. But yeah, I do think it looks good for an early gen game. There are volumetrics and lighting that couldn't be done on last gen and it adds to the game's environmental tone. I wouldn't say I'm mightily impressed though, that emotion is reserved for TLOU Pt. 1 cinematics and "flashlight effects" lol.

Honestly, it's your "low budget" comment that triggered a response from me. I don't think any reasonable take would insert such an off base categorization.
But there is a resoning behind my low budget comment.

It is ea
It is a single player brand
A brand that never moved big numbers

It is kinda logic that they don't wanna waste a big budget on such a project, the game could sell very badly you know...

And we know how big budget crossgen/early nextgen game look, hfw, morales, ratchet and demons looks WAY better than this, and most of them are way bigger games that have to render much more stuff.

It really isn't a narrative without resoning behind dude, not sure why you should be triggered.

It's not like i'm not gonna day one the shit out of this bitch even if the budget is not on sony level.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Last gen is for fools let’s be honest
Video Game Playstation GIF by Naughty Dog

EDMIX

I've never laughed so fucking hard on Gaf before.

I'm in tears with this shit.

So...we don't know if it looks good or bad and need that reveal or debunk to rage? lol From what I see, EA's store doesn't list anything like PS4 or XONE for pre-order, I'd assume if such a trailer on a reveal is true, they'd already have a pre-order page up, but I don't see anything on their official site.

So this was day 1 for me regardless if it comes to PS4 or not, I want it on PS5, ima get it on PS5.

Golgo 13 Golgo 13 True, but I think they might be right (I wish they would give details on what was confirmed to prove it wrong though)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BGVTBWJP/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So nothing shows multiple versions for Dead Space and if EA was ready to say that, they'd be ready to take money first lol

GymWolf GymWolf nothing you listed would confirm some low budget.

If one of EA's teams could do something this fucking good looking on a low budget, we are talking about some god like devs here bud lol Doubt.

I think their budget is just fine and if anything EA wants more funding behind this to try to reboot the IP. How this game does might support if they do Dead Space 2 or a new title like 4 etc.

So to say "its a single player brand" ? lol fuck does that have to do with anything? Look Gym, if they hate them so much, why the fuck they still making em? lol

If they didn't want to waste money on this, it wouldn't exist at all and if they did want as much as they could get, it would be cross gen from the very start

Last edited:

Stuart360

It is ea

It is kinda logic that they don't wanna waste a big budget on such a project, the game could sell very badly you know...

And we know how big budget crossgen/early nextgen game look, hfw, moraoes, ratchet and demons looks WAY better than this, and most of them are way bigger games that have to render much more stuff.

It really isn't a narrative without resoning behind dude.
It was actually a huge brand through the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen and through the 360/PS3 gen upto 'Undercover' i think it was, the one that had technical problems and hardly any traffic. Through those years the game would get in the top 10 best selling games of the year, with some of them getting top5.

Racing games today outside of Forza and GT arent huge (unfortunately as a racing fan), but back then racing games were big business.

GymWolf

It was actually a huge brand through the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen and through the 360/PS3 gen upto 'Undercover' i think it was, the one that had technical problems and hardly any traffic. Through those years the game would get in the top 10 best selling games of the year, with some of them getting top5.

Racing games today outside of Forza and GT arent huge (unfortunately as a racing fan), but back then racing games were big business.
So it was ds3 to kill the ip for good?

ChiefDada

Gold Member

It is ea

And we know how big budget crossgen/early nextgen game look, hfw, morales, ratchet and demons looks WAY better than this, and most of them are way bigger games that have to render much more stuff.

It really isn't a narrative without resoning behind dude, not sure why you should be triggered.

It's not like i'm not gonna day the shit out of this bitch even if the budget is not on sony level.

Disagree with nearly all of this but hey, opinions ya know...

GymWolf

I've never laughed so fucking hard on Gaf before.

I'm in tears with this shit.

So...we don't know if it looks good or bad and need that reveal or debunk to rage? lol From what I see, EA's store doesn't list anything like PS4 or XONE for pre-order, I'd assume if such a trailer on a reveal is true, they'd already have a pre-order page up, but I don't see anything on their official site.

So this was day 1 for me regardless if it comes to PS4 or not, I want it on PS5, ima get it on PS5.

Golgo 13 Golgo 13 True, but I think they might be right (I wish they would give details on what was confirmed to prove it wrong though)

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BGVTBWJP/?tag=neogaf0e-20

So nothing shows multiple versions for Dead Space and if EA was ready to say that, they'd be ready to take money first lol

If one of EA's teams could do something this fucking good looking on a low budget, we are talking about some god like devs here bud lol Doubt.

I think their budget is just fine and if anything EA wants more funding behind this to try to reboot the IP. How this game does might support if they do Dead Space 2 or a new title like 4 etc.

So to say "its a single player brand" ? lol fuck does that have to do with anything? Look Gym, if they hate them so much, why the fuck they still making em? lol

If they didn't want to waste money on this, it wouldn't exist at all and if they did want as much as they could get, it would be cross gen from the very start
It is ea and we know what they like to put in their games to make more money and how is more difficult to do in a pure single player game.

Ea even mocked people who only like single player games in twitter ffs, and they were surprised by the results of fallen jedi.

It is not a stretch to think that a remake of a genre that usually doesn't sell a lot could have a smaller budget.

Also, i have eyes, horizon looks much much better while being a much much bigger game, this game sholod look like the order of ps5 for how small it is, the budget is clearly not that big, not sure why it is hard to think that, different projects have different budgets.

If the game does good maybe ds4 is gonna have a big budget aswell.

And before you speak about fallen jedi, that is a star wars game, of course is gonna have a big budget, the brand is way more easy to sell compared to dead space.

Last edited:

EDMIX

It is ea and we know what they like to put in their games to make more money and how is more difficult to do in a pure single player game.

speak with facts man, stop with this dumb assumption based on forum myth shit.

Many single player titles came out by EA that have nothing like that in it.

Ea even mocked people who only like single player games in twitter ffs, and they were surprised by the results of fallen jedi.

smh, good luck man. You seem like you just want to run on some bias over the publisher vs actual facts. Star Wars Fallen Order clearly fucking exist with no mtx, no online or anything like that.

Dragon Age literally has no MP and its been removed for it to be a single player only title..

It is not a stretch to think that a remake of a genre that usually doesn't sell a lot could have a smaller budget.

I see no evidence to support this and all you have is some bias with the publisher, twitter and an assumption. I don't see anything to support this man.

Also, i have eyes, horizon looks much much better

Horizon also isn't a dark linear corridor horror title.... So you feel it looks better, but none of that will some how give anyone of us some budget cause you think GT7 or Horizon or Tunic looks much better or something lol

And before you speak about fallen jedi, that is a star wars game, of course is gonna have a big budget, the brand is way more easy to sell compared to dead space.

They are different games and their budgets might merely reflect the differences in those titles, not some bullshit about EA and single player games or something cause why the fuck would they be making Dead Space remake if they hated such a concept?

So I don't see anything to support this whole "low budget" argument other then relativity to other AAA titles that are different genres. So of course something like RE4 remake isn't going to have the same budget as Monster Hunter World 2 or something and Dead Space remake isn't going to have the same budget as Dragon Age 4, its a moot fucking point, you already know such titles like this won't have those types of budgets in the first place, but I see no evidence that for what it is, as a remake of a horror title, that the budget was less then what was needed or something to do the job.

I've seen more then enough to say they've done a great job with funding this as what fucking title in horror games right now can you even compare that is next gen only?

GymWolf

speak with facts man, stop with this dumb assumption based on forum myth shit.

Many single player titles came out by EA that have nothing like that in it.

smh, good luck man. You seem like you just want to run on some bias over the publisher vs actual facts. Star Wars Fallen Order clearly fucking exist with no mtx, no online or anything like that.

Dragon Age literally has no MP and its been removed for it to be a single player only title..

I see no evidence to support this and all you have is some bias with the publisher, twitter and an assumption. I don't see anything to support this man.

Horizon also isn't a dark linear corridor horror title.... So you feel it looks better, but none of that will some how give anyone of us some budget cause you think GT7 or Horizon or Tunic looks much better or something lol

They are different games and their budgets might merely reflect the differences in those titles, not some bullshit about EA and single player games or something cause why the fuck would they be making Dead Space remake if they hated such a concept?

So I don't see anything to support this whole "low budget" argument other then relativity to other AAA titles that are different genres. So of course something like RE4 remake isn't going to have the same budget as Monster Hunter World 2 or something and Dead Space remake isn't going to have the same budget as Dragon Age 4, its a moot fucking point, you already know such titles like this won't have those types of budgets in the first place, but I see no evidence that for what it is, as a remake of a horror title, that the budget was less then what was needed or something to do the job.

I've seen more then enough to say they've done a great job with funding this as what fucking title in horror games right now can you even compare that is next gen only?

I don't care enough about ea to hate on them dude i'm jist talking about what i saw from them in the past recent years, like i said you just need eyes to see that this is not remake on the same level of demons remake, that shit looks nextgen, for this one you had 95% of the forum not being impressed in the slightest, and again we are talking about a small ass game vs a massive open world that is much difficult to make look good.

You are even saying that you know that ds remake has a smaller budget compared to the other projects they have, why are we even discussing? If it is a mute point, why even calling me out on that?

When i say low budget of course i'm not speaking about an indie game budget, it still has a decent budget.

But i have no difficulty in believing that among all their projects, both single player and multyplayer, this one has one of the lowest budget, considerably lower than dragon age 4 or fallen jedi 2 or any big muttplayer game.

It may have better budget than fifa or madden because they barely work on these titles althought the license for the names must be pricey as fuck.

Last edited:

EDMIX

you just need eyes to see that this is not remake on the same level of demons remake
They are both remakes, neither can be compared as they are not the same games, not the same genre etc.

You are even saying that you know that ds remake has a smaller budget compared to the other projects they have, why are we even discussing?
Because thats a moot point, compare Dead Space Remake to another horror remake.... that is the best comparison.

Would be like trying to compare Demon Souls remake to Elden Ring like "its budget was less doe"

But i have no difficulty in believing that among all their projects, both single player and multyplayer, this one has one of the lowest budget
Doubtful.

They do a lot of games and I see nothing hear to say its one of the "lowest budgets" of what they have going on, very unlikely and it just sounds like hyperbole.

GymWolf

They are both remakes, neither can be compared as they are not the same games, not the same genre etc.

Because thats a moot point, compare Dead Space Remake to another horror remake.... that is the best comparison.

Would be like trying to compare Demon Souls remake to Elden Ring like "its budget was less doe"

Doubtful.

They do a lot of games and I see nothing hear to say its one of the "lowest budgets" of what they have going on, very unlikely and it just sounds like hyperbole.
Nah dude, you can absolutely compare the graphic of 2 remakes both third person and both nextgen only cmon.

If we can't do that then close the forum.

We made comparisons about even more different genres and people was always ok with that.

We recently compared ue4 titles with open worlds against stricted tps.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Nah dude, you can absolutely compare the graphic of 2 remakes both third person and both nextgen only cmon.

If we can't do that then close the forum.

We made comparisons about even more different genres and people was always ok with that.

They are not even the same genre, they are simply aiming for 2 different things and I'd rather compare it to RE4 remake when it comes out or something or even Callisto Protocol, but as of right now...nothing compares to this remake.

Nothing even comes close to what they've done with this remake besides Callisto Protocol

GymWolf

They are not even the same genre, they are simply aiming for 2 different things and I'd rather compare it to RE4 remake when it comes out or something or even Callisto Protocol, but as of right now...nothing compares to this remake.

Nothing even comes close to what they've done with this remake besides Callisto Protocol
Ok...does it look any more impressive than re 2 remake maxed out on pc or tlou 2 on grounded where you have few ammos like a proper survival horror and zombie enemies, or tlou2 is still too different for a comparison?

EDMIX

tlou2 is still too different for a comparison?

I think it is lol

Those games are just too different stylistically and what they are seeking in regards to art direction. In terms of the effects like the mist, smoke, the lighting thru the smoke etc, not much I've seen last gen that looks like this.

Miles708

What? Every Playstation console was done with cross games two years into its cycle. The PS5 is an outlier, how could I have predicted that on launch day of the PS5? At a time Sony themselves proclaimed Horizon FW and GT7 being PS5 only titles !
Why did you buy a console before the games were out?

GymWolf

I think it is lol

Those games are just too different stylistically and what they are seeking in regards to art direction. In terms of the effects like the mist, smoke, the lighting thru the smoke etc, not much I've seen last gen that looks like this.
Dude, with all the love i can manage to fake for you :lollipop_blowing_kiss:not being able to compare games of a different genre is more of a you problem, people have compared games that only share a third person camera or not even that since forever.

You say that different genres have different aims and that is partially true, and this is remake of an old game that only change the graphic but leaves the gameplay intact, i'm pretty sure that the whole point of this game is to crank the graphic to 11, it's not like devs decide to have less detailed characters or locations because the game is a survival horror...

I get what you say but we had too many graphical comparisons with wildly different games to be a thing for me.

Last edited:

EDMIX

Dude, with all the love i can manage to fake for you :lollipop_blowing_kiss:not being able to compare games of a different genre is more of a you problem, people have compared games that only share a third person camera or not even that since forever.

As an artist, I can only compare what I'm seeing based on similarities that are comparable, its not just the genres, the art of those games are just too different for me to compare as many of the same lighting and elements simply don't exist in those other titles to compare. They are just going for different things.

Like what dark metal corridor with led over head lights flickering would be happening in Demon Souls?

it's not like devs decide to have less detailed characters or locations because the game is a survival horror...

Sure, but that detail is still based on some art direction of what they are going for and as far as I can tell Callisto protocol and maybe RE4 remake really are the only games that make sense to compare all those elements graphically.

That genre and setting matter more then most realize, Yakuza literally switched to Unreal Engine for the remake of Ishin cause the Dragon Engine was made for their night time effects and it was easier for them to do a day time setting in a different engine, that is how much the style, setting, time period etc can mess with a game in terms of design, details etc. All that matters more then I think many realize, its why for a Dead Space remake comparison to make sense, we need something with an art direction that is doing similar things to judge it base on a peer.

So I can't just based it off of The Last Of Us 2 and thats one of my favorite games of all time, but I also understand those artist where going for something different on Earth, not in a space station in destress with the lights flickering.

So its a tough comparison.

Besides, if this was low budget/low effort project they would simply remaster this game without going as far as adding new story elements, new rooms, new gameplay mechanics, adding voice lines, removing loading screens, making every location on Ishimura interconnected etc. It's the exact opposite of low budget, whatever that means.

Other question is, what determines "next-gen" looking game?

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
It was actually a huge brand through the PS2/Xbox/Gamecube gen
This is true, NFS Underground/2 and Most Wanted and the WWE Smackdown games would knock anything off the charts when they release and stay at the top all through the holidays
Even FIFA & Madden didn't stand a chance.
Those games you didn't want to release the same week as.
But as the quality dropped the following gen so did the sales.

Skifi28

Bingo. It comes down to "it doesn't look impressive enough to me". But what more would the game need to have in order to be visually impressive? This used to be quantifiable to some extend, but we've reched a point where everything looks more or less great (Looking at Dead Space, I can't point out a particular flaw in the visual in need of improvement) so having something really impress us is going to be harder and harder. But If that's how one measures games being "next-gen" or not, they're just setting themselves up for being perpetually disappointed.

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Played original game not that long ago in 4K. Despite very obvious low-res textures, simple geometry, lack of modern lighting, shadows, not too many objects on screen on any given time, the game still looks great for it's time and even today thanks to amazing art design and overall visual atmosphere, especially in 4K.

pU187K7.jpg

qP3ZIR0.jpg

21GTaGU.jpg

IINSA8b.jpg

dfBYPeE.jpg

R9wLxML.jpg

4YRkqnG.jpg

csTc87K.jpg

pJbPAbq.jpg

KYUK8QC.jpg

2lVgF5q.jpg

UHVrqSG.jpg

YSujoQF.jpg

uJ5kdJM.jpg

Last edited:

skit_data

The main Playstation channel also seemed to have a ”PS5 & PS4” in the title:
YKrKpPW.jpg

but when actually clicking the video it only says ”PS5 Games” in the title:

6C1innB.jpg

Last edited:

Miles708

Really, that's your argument now?

I'm not attacking you specifically. Heck, literally millions of people bought a PS5.
But i can't help finding it peculiar when people complain in every other thread about how the [console_of_choice] they bought and already paid in full, still doesn't have great games on it.

Last edited:

GymWolf

As an artist, I can only compare what I'm seeing based on similarities that are comparable, its not just the genres, the art of those games are just too different for me to compare as many of the same lighting and elements simply don't exist in those other titles to compare. They are just going for different things.

Like what dark metal corridor with led over head lights flickering would be happening in Demon Souls?

Sure, but that detail is still based on some art direction of what they are going for and as far as I can tell Callisto protocol and maybe RE4 remake really are the only games that make sense to compare all those elements graphically.

That genre and setting matter more then most realize, Yakuza literally switched to Unreal Engine for the remake of Ishin cause the Dragon Engine was made for their night time effects and it was easier for them to do a day time setting in a different engine, that is how much the style, setting, time period etc can mess with a game in terms of design, details etc. All that matters more then I think many realize, its why for a Dead Space remake comparison to make sense, we need something with an art direction that is doing similar things to judge it base on a peer.

So I can't just based it off of The Last Of Us 2 and thats one of my favorite games of all time, but I also understand those artist where going for something different on Earth, not in a space station in destress with the lights flickering.

So its a tough comparison.
I get from where you come from but your comparison methodology is way too stricted for me dude.

Every single game in existence have different priorities when it comes to graphic, even on the same genre or even brand, we can't compare jack shit if we follow your guide lines.

You can't even compare ac unity to ac odissey because they aim for completely different things, one push how many npcs you can have on screen and incredibly detailed indoors, the other is more about having a gigantic map and luscious outdoors and not much going on npc wise.

What are you saying is that dead space remake can only be compared to callisto because it is the only modern game that goes for almost the same things, like i said, too fucking stricted when we compared wildly different games since forever.

The forum would be dead if we could only compare extremely similar games graphic wise.

i understand you artist way to see things, but i'm all in for more broad comparisons or everything would be fucking boring.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Besides, if this was low budget/low effort project they would simply remaster this game without going as far as adding new story elements, new rooms, new gameplay mechanics, adding voice lines, removing loading screens, making every location on Ishimura interconnected etc. It's the exact opposite of low budget, whatever that means.

and that would be called a remaster, not a remake, of course a full blown remake has a bigger budget than a shitty remaster.

The game is pretty small dude, adding a couple of rooms, a couple of lines of dialogues etc is not the giant amount of work that you think it is, they didn't added new monsters that you have to animate or new weapons that you have to balance or an entire new area of the ishimura that takes 2-3 hours to explore, 10 devs from obisidian made an entire game with grounded and on steam you have many games made by super small teams, adding what they are adding doesn't require a lot of money in any shape or form.
maybe low budget is too harsh, but sure as hell it doesn't have close to the budget of the other EA single player games, let alone sony single player games.

Relatively low is more correct.

I still think that for a remake of such a small game, it should look much much better, it should look like the best game on nextgen by far, like Represent. Represent. said, this should look like the order looked on ps4.

i can't explain to you the concept of nextgen, go read the reaction of the majority of people after the last trailer, most of them think that this looks nothing like a nextgen only title, are we all wrong? i don't think so.

I already preordered the game, believe me, i want the game to have a gigantic budget and to look much better, i'm not hating on the game at all.

Last edited:
and that would be called a remaster, not a remake, of course a full blown remake has a bigger budget than a shitty remaster.

The game is pretty small dude, adding a couple of rooms, a couple of lines of dialogues etc is not the giant amount of work that you think it is, they didn't added new monsters or new weapons or an entire new area of the ishimura that takes 2-3 to explore.

I still think that for a remake of such a small game, it should look much much better, it should look like the best game on nextgen by far.

i can't explain to you the concept of nextgen, go read the reaction of the majority of people after the last trailer, most of them think that this looks nothing like a nextgen only title, are we all wrong? i don't think so.

Different strokes for different folks. I think it looks very good. I just don't know how should a next-gen only title look. Like Demon's Souls or Returnal? Because those two are amazing looking but I wouldn't call them groundbreaking.

That's just me though. I place much more importance on the art style and the overall visual identity instead of a tech behind it. :)

GymWolf

Different strokes for different folks. I think it looks very good. I just don't know how should a next-gen only title look. Like Demon's Souls or Returnal? Because those two are amazing looking but I wouldn't call them groundbreaking.

That's just me though. I place much more importance on the art style and the overall visual identity instead of a tech behind it. :)
I think it looks great aswell, i always said that it looks great, i always liked this one more than callisto (even if callisto look a bit better).

Returnal only has some nice graphical effects going on, overall it doesn't look nexgen to me.

Demons has some very nice locations and some good models (very uneven), it never felt fully nextgen to me, but i realized that majority of people think of it like the first proper nextgen game and i can accept that opinion, it looks gorgeous in some moments.

I think the biggest example of nextgen are some parts of the latest forza horizon\flight simulator (but i only watched pics of these 2), ratchet and ironically hfw because for an open world it has crazy detailed characters and locations, but even these 2 doesn't completely feel nextgen to me.

I guess i have high\unrealistic standards but i'm 100% sure that the games in the next 3-4 years are gonna make look al these games cute at best.

DS remake just doesn't wow me more than tlou2 or death stranding or other past gen titles so i don't get the nextgen feeling at all.

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I'm not attacking you specifically. Heck, literally millions of people bought a PS5.
But i can't help finding it peculiar when people complain in every other thread about how the [console_of_choice] they bought and already paid in full, still doesn't have great games on it.
The whole business of consoles has been, since their inception, that you buy it and get games made specifically for it. Worked wonders for the 20+ years I gamed on consoles. Now this new gen is different, can you really fault people expecting "next gen" games on "next gen" consoles?
If everything is cross game, why even get a console and not simply a PC?

Go back to the hype train threads of PS5s launch, there was hopes and dreams of next gen exclusives left and right. Yeah that didn't turn out like that hah...

This will change my buying decision in the future, but there was no way to tell this was happening to the PS5 at the time.

Last edited:
I think the biggest example of nextgen are some parts of the latest forza horizon, flight simulator, ratchet and ironically hfw because for an open world it has crazy detailed characters and locations, but even these 2 doesn't completely feel nextgen to me.

I can agree that these games look incredible at times.

But you know what? If Red Dead Redemption 2 released this year it would've been my "this is the real next-gen" moment. I still can't believe how impressive it is.

GymWolf

I can agree that these games look incredible at times.

But you know what? If Red Dead Redemption 2 released this year it would've been my "this is the real next-gen" moment. I still can't believe how impressive it is.
You bash an open door with rdr2, to me is the more even good looking game of all times, it is extremely difficult to catch a moment in the game where it looks less than good even with all the limitations like not exactly super detailed characters or non-state of the art textures everywhere.

And the simulation of the world and care and quantity of microdetails is unmatched and it's gonna be unmatched until gta6.

That's what infinite budget, 9 years in the oven, thousands of people working on it, love for the craft and talent brings to you, the game kinda transcend hardware.

In an ideal world, every AAAA game should be made like rockstar make their games, who gives a damn if we only have one game for every gen if the game is gonna be THAT good.

Imagine santa monica, nd, guerrilla etc. working 9 years on a single game with that type of budget and manpower:messenger_astonished:
(ok maybe 9 years are a bit too much if your game is not open world, but 5-6 years should be the very minimum)

Last edited:
This is just greed at this point and a slap in the face to people who upgraded to the new consoles.

Both PS5 and the Xbox series supply issues have improved and will continue to improve so why are cross-gen games still getting released?

Then they got the balls to charge $70 for the next gen editions for these cross gen games which is crazy because there isn't much of a difference.

Last edited:
Sorry meant 8TFLOP GPU Min-spec
The minimum spec fpr graphics are defined via Series S though and then we really are in last gen territory. Imho it makes no sense to not offer cross gen until the game needs more than a Jaguar CPU which a remake of a last last gen game has no good reason to ask for.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
The minimum spec fpr graphics are defined via Series S though and then we really are in last gen territory. Imho it makes no sense to not offer cross gen until the game needs more than a Jaguar CPU which a remake of a last last gen game has no good reason to ask for.
A Series S will beat pretty much every 4TFLOP GPU out there.
To put things into perspective, thats around a GTX 970.
I highly doubt you will get Series S settings running reasonably with a GTX970.

A Series S will beat pretty much every 4TFLOP GPU out there.
To put things into perspective, thats around a GTX 970.
I highly doubt you will get Series S settings running reasonably with a GTX970.
and? it's the console minimum spec the game will release on and that is much lower than X and PS5, and near last gen.

Edit: they probably also could simultaneously lower the PC min specs to 760 or even lower. Anything that is just above what DS initially had. which was "GeForce 8800 GTS & Radeon HD 3800 series" (with DS2), if I did not find garbage infos.

Last edited:

Black_Stride

do not tempt fate do not contrain Wonder Woman's thighs do not do not
and? it's the console minimum spec the game will release on and that is much lower than X and PS5, and near last gen.
I dont understand what we are even talking about?
I thought this was about the unusually high minspec for AMD GPUs?
Saying the Series S is actually the min spec doesnt detract from the high PC minspec.
The Series S GPU punches way above what its TFLOP number tells you.

Top Bottom