• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Death Stranding PC Will Use Nvidia DLSS 2.0

sol_bad

To get it into your game you have to talk to Nvidia and they then give you a person to assist with adding it to the game but they don't allow you to do it on your own. The work is mostly done but you as a developer still have to do things to make sure it works well & adjust it etc

in other words don't expect to see most games use it

That is really weird. Don't the new consoles have this DLSS as well? I wonder why NVIDIA are the ones that have to set it all up. Does anyone know if developers have to pay NVIDIA for this? I can't imagine it would be free?

Coolwhhip

Neophyte
Nintendo while working on the switch right now:

keIOylC.gif

Looking at the Switch, Nintendo will use this tech to upscale 240p to 720p.

Rikkori

That is really weird. Don't the new consoles have this DLSS as well? I wonder why NVIDIA are the ones that have to set it all up. Does anyone know if developers have to pay NVIDIA for this? I can't imagine it would be free?

Consoles don't have DLSS because that's proprietary Nvidia technology. Microsoft has an alternative & the console hardware supposedly does have the necessarily capabilities for it though to a lower amount than Nvidia GPUs.

Developers don't have to pay for this, it's just a nice feature for Nvidia to market & tout as a feature they have over the competition.

Again though, while DLSS 2.0 can work quite well, there are vendor-agnostic solutions that achieve similar results without having to go through the whole train the AI, implement it in the games, require dedicated hardware etc. Maybe in the future DLSS can become clearly superior to these solutions, but for now it's just fine.

I must be really stupid, I've got an RTX 2080ti and I've never used this feature, is it only on certain games that have DLSS 2.0 options? Feel free to mock me.

kraspkibble

Permabanned.
I must be really stupid, I've got an RTX 2080ti and I've never used this feature, is it only on certain games that have DLSS 2.0 options? Feel free to mock me.
yeah developers need to add it in.

the original DLSS required training AI with assets for each individual game which made it require too much time and effort to implement. DLSS 2.0 doesn't need trained. i think they just need to decide to use it.

we will see large adoption of DLSS 2.0 which is great. it really is impressive....i can hardly tell the difference between native and DLSS.

Last edited:
yeah developers need to add it in.

the original DLSS required training AI with assets for each individual game which made it require too much time and effort to implement. DLSS 2.0 doesn't need trained. i think they just need to decide to use it.

Thanks, that would explain a lot then, I've only got control (bought from Epic sale) and I've searched for a definitive list of games with this feature but came up empty. Closest I can find is a list of GeForce Now games (that's a streaming service though right?)

Thanks.

Last edited:
Top Bottom