• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deathsmiles 2X |OT| Christmas in May

Dai101

Banned
jlevel13 said:
if you didn't see it in the other thread, the game will be available May 24th in Mexico & Canada...

http://cave-game.cocolog-nifty.com/blog/2011/05/deathsmiles-i-1.html

basedgod-selenagomezenir.gif

totowhoa

Banned
So I've ran through the game quite a few times now, but I never played the first DS and I could use a few things pointed out (scoring system, just what the heck is going on with the lock-on and blue bullets chasing me, what's this about lvl 999, what's going on in arrange mode, and other things). Sadly GameFAQs wasn't much help, but if I read up on DS1 for things like this, can I expect things to be pretty consistent with the sequel? For example, did they make any changes to the scoring in this one or anything in the new one? Or is there a good resource out there already for those who imported this one earlier?

Daigoro

wow. that is awesome news. now GO FORTH and BUY North Americans!

im just waiting for a points card to arrive. should be getting it within a few days here.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
adversesolutions said:
Thanks, I also found a version that was a little more in depth. <3

&#12372;&#35090;&#32654; (10)
Get the Shortcake, IIX Mode only
• Choose the City (field B) as your 4th stage. Use the lockshot to kill the large red gargoyle that appears near the end of the stage.

&#39764;&#27861;&#20351;&#12356; (5)
Collect a Magic Item (a.k.a. - a bomb)
• Choose the Ruins (field C) at Level 2 or higher as your 4th stage. Use the lockshot to kill the second large snake enemy that appears from the bottom of the screen near the end of the stage.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
AlphaTwo00 said:
Also $29.99 + your local tax.
Oh, I know, I meant actual space bucks or Allards or whatever.

Points are more expensive in Canada, so it might be cheaper to do the paypal thing... assuming you can do that in Canada.

LiK

firehawk12 said:
Oh, I know, I meant actual space bucks or Allards or whatever.

Points are more expensive in Canada, so it might be cheaper to do the paypal thing... assuming you can do that in Canada.

2400 points = $30

Daigoro

Nice gotta check out that article.

I was thinking how cool it was to be playing an import right from my HD. Like Boss said hopefully this leads to more of the same.

Yes Boss!

I'll rebuy everything if they re-release then on GoD. I already moved my DSIIX save file from my japanese unit to my us unit and have retired the disc to the collection.

Nice not having to insert disc, change memory cards with my profile, switch arcade sticks, etc.

orion434

Sklorenz said:
So I've ran through the game quite a few times now, but I never played the first DS and I could use a few things pointed out (scoring system, just what the heck is going on with the lock-on and blue bullets chasing me, what's this about lvl 999, what's going on in arrange mode, and other things). Sadly GameFAQs wasn't much help, but if I read up on DS1 for things like this, can I expect things to be pretty consistent with the sequel? For example, did they make any changes to the scoring in this one or anything in the new one? Or is there a good resource out there already for those who imported this one earlier?

I've 1000/1000 Deathsmiles II X and the scoring system is confusing at first... if you just keep powering-up at 1000 then you will not get much points. The trick is to power-up at a HUGE enemy... then it will jumpstart the counter to 10,000... this is when the points will flow. The little Blue slow-homing-missiles are the key to keeping a high counter. The longer they stay on the field the more "Items" you will get, when they start to turn Red that is when you hit Lock-on to make the screen crawl and pick up a ton of points, if you wait too long they will explode... which is not good... so make sure you don't wait too long.

When the timer is about to run out make sure there are Blue "Items" on the screen... and at ~ 9 left pop em' the screen will erase any enemy bullets as the time ran out... but now you can sweep the area for all those items and bring your counter back to a high amount ~ 5,000... then rinse and repeat. For my 6 billion run I used Follette and on Field C you sould get at least 2 - 3 billion alone. I downloaded the top leaderboard replay and it shows how to get ~ 1 billion on the first stage! The guy made it to 15 Billion! I didn't do much of the Boss-Bullet-cheeze... but its shows the method... kinda sick.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
I think I may be able to 1000/1000 this game.

The only cheeves I see as possible bumps are the "1CC every stage (plus EX) at Level 3" and the "6 Billion Points" one.

Not that I've even attempted either yet.. but just glancing over the list.. those stick out.

orion434

Princess Skittles said:

The only cheeves I see as possible bumps are the "1CC every stage (plus EX) at Level 3" and the "6 Billion Points" one.

Not that I've even attempted either yet.. but just glancing over the list.. those stick out.

In Deathsmiles II X you can aqcuire Achievements with changing the settings... Set it to Life / Bombs - 5, Enemy / Bullet Damage - 0 and you will have no problem to 1cc the game with all characters.

BTW I friggin' love this game!

LiK

rayner said:
In Deathsmiles II X you can aqcuire Achievements with changing the settings... Set it to Life / Bombs - 5, Enemy / Bullet Damage - 0 and you will have no problem to 1cc the game with all characters.

Sweet, thanks for the tip. This applies to the first game too?

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
rayner said:

I've already 1CCed with all characters and both endings on default settings.

I've also 1CCed an all Level 2 run (barely, LOL).

I will keep that in mind though if the Level 3 EX run gets too rough (and if I have all other cheeves).

orion434

Princess Skittles said:
I've already 1CCed with all characters and both endings on default settings.

I've also 1CCed an all Level 2 run (barely, LOL).

I will keep that in mind though if the Level 3 EX run gets too rough (and if I have all other cheeves).

When going for the 6 Billion I was hit 2 times... though I did change the settings, but I could have done it on default. A couple of posts above I detailed how to score high, I did it in this order: All lv 3 - Stage A, C, B, D, E, F. Final. When I first played I checked the TA Ratio and it was pretty low... ~ 1.3, and then I found that you can change the settings.

lik said:
Sweet, thanks for the tip. This applies to the first game too?

Unfortunately if you change the default settings on the first game it disables Achievements :( The easiest character to 1cc is Rosa, I'm currently practicing with Follette.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
rayner said:
When going for the 6 Billion I was hit 2 times... though I did change the settings, but I could have done it on default. A couple of posts above I detailed how to score high, I did it in this order: All lv 3 - Stage A, C, B, D, E, F. Final. When I first played I checked the TA Ratio and it was pretty low... ~ 1.3, and then I found that you can change the settings.
I think I have a good grasp on scoring.. I have been getting between 2 and 3 billion on my Level 1 runs.

TA Ratio?

Daigoro

the only drawback of this game being not translated for me is the achievements.

it makes it so much more tedious to figure out what ones you do and dont have.

danmaku said:
Since it's the japanese version, I guess they are the same. Check out the arcade scoreboard, the top score should be by sinmoon: http://www.cave-stg.com/?p=726

will do thanks.

Princess Skittles said:

yeah good luck with that (if you're not changing the settings). lv 999 on the first game is stupid hard. i assume its the same here.

orion434

Princess Skittles said:
I think I have a good grasp on scoring.. I have been getting between 2 and 3 billion on my Level 1 runs.

TA Ratio?

Trueachievements It's a site that assigns a difficulty rating to Achievements and games.

Deathsmiles - 1000/1000 - 4.9 TA Ratio
Deathsmiles II X - 1000/1000 - 1.3 TA Ratio

On the site a game with an overall Ratio > 2.0 is considered tough... and Deathsmiles is close to 5.0!

If you are getting 2 - 3 Billion on lv 1 runs when you go to all lv 3's you'll have no problem getting 6B

Daigoro

thanks for the tips on scoring btw.

i watched a friends run on the leader board and it was insane. i had no idea how he was making it rain skulls and rings like that.

cant wait to work on it some more. game is damn cool.

Princess Skittles

Prince's's 'Skittle's
rayner said:
Trueachievements It's a site that assigns a difficulty rating to Achievements and games.

Deathsmiles - 1000/1000 - 4.9 TA Ratio
Deathsmiles II X - 1000/1000 - 1.3 TA Ratio

On the site a game with an overall Ratio > 2.0 is considered tough... and Deathsmiles is close to 5.0!
DeathSmiles NA's high score is, I'm willing to bet, based solely on ONE achievement in the game, LOL.

Deathsmiles Virtuoso (80)
Clear Deathsmiles Version 1.1 with all maps at Lv3! (No Continues, Ex Map included)
Every other achievement seems within some realm of possibility.

rayner said:
If you are getting 2 - 3 Billion on lv 1 runs when you go to all lv 3's you'll have no problem getting 6B
Yay! Thanks. <3

orion434

Princess Skittles said:
DeathSmiles NA's high score is, I'm willing to bet, based solely on ONE achievement in the game, LOL.

Every other achievement seems within some realm of possibility.

Yay! Thanks. <3

Actually 11 out of 1902 have this:

Deathsmiles Virtuoso (80)
Clear Deathsmiles Version 1.1 with all maps at Lv3! (No Continues, Ex Map included)

There are 2 other Achievements I don't know offhand ( Marked Secret ) that add up to 100 Gamerscore and only 5 out of 1902 have on the site. I think one involves playing MegaBlack Label on highest difficulty and not being hit! This of couse is based on registerd users.

These games push the limits of bullet-hell and I love em'

Top Bottom