• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

December Wrasslin |OT| Dean Ambrose, Muscleless Agent of SHIELD, Every Week :(

• Thread starter Deleted member 47027
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I could have probably swapped him with Hase, but after WAR folded Tenryu's New Japan run was a bit lacklustre, other than a memorable tag match against TenKoji, the match with Kensuke and his brief IWGP title run in '99.

To be fair I have a tough time pinning down years when it comes to Tenryu - I'll see something from 88 and think it's 95.

Jamie OD

botch-chikara.png

If Maffew's selling point in the latest Botchamania doesn't convince you to order Chikara's iPPV, I don't know what will.

Elgin cant talk for squat, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if WWE are taking an interest anyways. He isn't the tallest dude, but his sheer strength more than makes up for it, and he's improved a whole lot this year when it comes to structuring his matches.

I was super impressed by him this year after being bored as fuck of his stuff prior to Showdown in the Sun. Ideal situation - they team him up with Big E Langston then bring back Armando Estrada to be their manager.

But i hate Quack. What do I do?

Also, when did DeviANT and Soldier switch sides?

Why hate Quack? Do you just mean as a wrestler, because the dude himself seems awesome.

They switched prior to KOT because Colony/Swarm had injuries and Wink Vavasseur screwed around with them to make the best possible trios time, I have no idea why they can't switch back now but assailANT and Soldier Ant haven't actually switched alignments.

tm24

Why hate Quack? Do you just mean as a wrestler, because the dude himself seems awesome.

They switched prior to KOT because Colony/Swarm had injuries and Wink Vavasseur screwed around with them to make the best possible trios time, I have no idea why they can't switch back now but assailANT and Soldier Ant haven't actually switched alignments.
Ah, seems like chikarametrics and math still reign supreme in Wink's mind! I havent watched any Chikara since KoT so i was wondering if that was still alive.

And i hate Quack as a wrestler, mostly because i feel like all his matches are about trying to show off all his lucha holds for no reasons. My distaste for Quack has risen the mroe i watch lucha. Of course, as a person, he seems like a good guy, but ya know, there is that list of scumbag quack stories floating around

Kaladin

Impact Wrestling is cutting back on their PPVs. Lockdown has moved to March and they have eliminated their February PPV. They will go from Genesis in January to Lockdown in March. They could possibly cut other PPVs in their schedule. This is more of a creative decision than a money decision. This is essentially what we wanted from WWE right? To make PPVs (and in turn, title defenses) more important?

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Impact Wrestling is cutting back on their PPVs. Lockdown has moved to March and they have eliminated their February PPV. They will go from Genesis in January to Lockdown in March. They could possibly cut other PPVs in their schedule. This is more of a creative decision than a money decision. This is essentially what we wanted from WWE right? To make PPVs (and in turn, title defenses) more important?

Absolutely. Wonder how it'll go for TNA.

Kaladin

I'd say their ideal PPV schedule should be:

January: Genesis

March: Lockdown

June: Slammiversary

August: Destination X

October: Bound For Glory

December: Final Resolution

Cut out most of the filler, use FR and G to build to Lockdown, Slammiversary is a big show, Destination X is all about the X-Division champ moving up and Bound For Glory has it's own TV build with the tournament.

Mr. Sam

I'd gotten back into TNA but then they gave that self-indulgent, remorseless prick Jeff Hardy the belt and scared me away.

I'd gotten back into TNA but then they gave that self-indulgent, remorseless prick Jeff Hardy the belt and scared me away.

I approve of this post.

Well except I wont ever get into TNA until they do something about their UK show airing times, Jeff Hardy is just another barrier straight after that.

And i hate Quack as a wrestler, mostly because i feel like all his matches are about trying to show off all his lucha holds for no reasons. My distaste for Quack has risen the mroe i watch lucha. Of course, as a person, he seems like a good guy, but ya know, there is that list of scumbag quack stories floating around

Hmm, I hadn't seen this before. A lot of really shitty stuff on that list. That's sort of one thing about Quack (and a few others like Richards and his ilk) that annoys me. Dudes that are so invested in and take wrestling way too seriously.
I mean it's good to take it seriously up to a point but I prefer guys like Punk, Jericho, or Mantis who enjoy the craft but also have a wealth of other interests that they use to round themselves out and incorporate into wrestling.

tm24

Hmm, I hadn't seen this before. A lot of really shitty stuff on that list. That's sort of one thing about Quack (and a few others like Richards and his ilk) that annoys me. Dudes that are so invested in and take wrestling way too seriously.
I mean it's good to take it seriously up to a point but I prefer guys like Punk, Jericho, or Mantis who enjoy the craft but also have a wealth of other interests that they use to round themselves out and incorporate into wrestling.

Oh man, the list has been updated! Yay!

Aiii

So not worth it
I will never understand why WWE didn't use Starrcade instead of Survivor Series after they bought WCW.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
They didn't want soil the rich tradition of Starrcade with their filth of a product.

That's how I see it at least.

Thank god they didn't. Starrcade was always really special to me. A cavalcade of stars!

Kacho

For the best. Hopefully the WWE follows suit soon. There is no satisfying build up to PPV's these days. Let those rivalries spend a bit more time in the oven, I say.

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. wrestling fans have to be some of the dumbest people on earth for continually thinking things like this are absolute truth aka they are all marks. The dude who wrote this must be a sad sad man.

DKehoe

I'd heard Quack was kinda shady but before reading this I hadn't heard anything specific other than him making all the guys he trains pay him a percentage on everything they earn. It sucks if he is since my impression was that he seemed like a cool guy.

Sokantish

I really can't believe Ryback was number 3. What is going on here?! No Dolph Ziggler? Has the whole world gone CRAZY?

I believe that my MVP vote is the one that decided the winner, so you're welcome Laserfrog!

This might be the dumbest thing I've ever seen. wrestling fans have to be some of the dumbest people on earth for continually thinking things like this are absolute truth aka they are all marks. The dude who wrote this must be the biggest loser in the world.

No one believes it's absolute truth, but there is stuff on there that is feasible. One notable thing is that it's one of the tamest "lists of terrible things this wrestler has done in their life" that I have ever seen.

I dunno, he strikes me as the type who would get worked up over the little things which is my only genuine issue with him.

DKehoe

No one believes it's absolute truth, but there is stuff on there that is feasible. One notable thing is that it's one of the tamest "lists of terrible things this wrestler has done in their life" that I have ever seen.

I dunno, he strikes me as the type who would get worked up over the little things which is my only genuine issue with him.

Yeh, I doubt the majority of that stuff is true but I've heard quite a few people talk badly about him so there must be something going on at least.

So just because there is something feasible on the list then it might be true, The dude has an obvious agenda if you read through his list of "complaints". Quack has OCD so yeah he does get worked up pretty quickly about somethings but in no way is he anything close to what this list portrays him as. From the few brief conversations I've had with him and people who work for him I can only say good things about the guy.

Top Bottom