• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Deception IV |OT| Delta Horse Humiliation Game

Be glad as it is priced at $50.

It's not $50 for me. I live in Canada so I'm currently suffering from the recent price hiking and this game is listed as $59.99 for PS3.

EDIT: Just checked EBGames' listing again, it is now actually $69.99 for PS3 ...................... -_-

EDIT 2: Just checked GameStop US's price listing and it's $60, so what do you mean $50?

Ryuukan

Apologies for the previous subtitle of this OT, I stole the line from T-K's twitter and meant no disrespect to any members of GAF. Please continue to enjoy this thread and the game in the future.

Tizoc

It's not $50 for me. I live in Canada so I'm currently suffering from the recent price hiking and this game is listed as $59.99 for PS3.

EDIT: Just checked EBGames' listing again, it is now actually $69.99 for PS3 ...................... -_-

EDIT 2: Just checked GameStop US's price listing and it's $60, so what do you mean $50?

Why not just make a US PSN account, grab some US PSN codes off Amazon and get the PS3 ver. from there?

Apologies for the previous subtitle of this OT, I stole the line from T-K's twitter and meant no disrespect to any members of GAF. Please continue to enjoy this thread and the game in the future.

You made the right choice. Even if there was no malicious intent behind the old title, it certainly could have been interpreted as such.

Aon

I like the idea of a game about designing rube goldberg machines, but a light hearted take on stuff like a Spanish donkey would probably just leave me dwelling on old torture practices :(

Why not just make a US PSN account, grab some US PSN codes off Amazon and get the PS3 ver. from there?

That's too much of a hassle for a game I'm only interested in trying. It looks like fun, but I'm not sure if it's one of those things where the novelty of it wears off too quickly.

Kumubou

You made the right choice. Even if there was no malicious intent behind the old title, it certainly could have been interpreted as such.
I respect the title change and I think it's the correct decision... but am I the only one who thinks the new title makes this sound like an H-game?

Tizoc

That's too much of a hassle for a game I'm only interested in trying. It looks like fun, but I'm not sure if it's one of those things where the novelty of it wears off too quickly.

Trust me on this: it may be a hassle to make, but if you just give it 30 minutes of your time, then afterwards you won't have to worry about overpriced games if you can get them for cheaper digitally off US PSN.
If not for this game, then just have a US PSN account active and handy for any future sales or discounts on it.

At any rate, any impressions on the Vita ver. of this?

Trust me on this: it may be a hassle to make, but if you just give it 30 minutes of your time, then afterwards you won't have to worry about overpriced games if you can get them for cheaper digitally off US PSN.
If not for this game, then just have a US PSN account active and handy for any future sales or discounts on it.

At any rate, any impressions on the Vita ver. of this?

I honestly can't stand buying games digitally when they are available physically. I'm just that kind of person. Thanks for the suggestion though!

Parakeetman

No one wants a throne you've been sitting on!
As great as the torture horse is one thing that folks will have to get used to is it screws with the trajectory of said target a bit so you will have to make adjustments for that. When I still had time to play always forgot about that and screwed up my trap placement calculations and such.

But by far its one of the more useful devices in the game.

As great as the torture horse is one thing that folks will have to get used to is it screws with the trajectory of said target a bit so you will have to make adjustments for that. When I still had time to play always forgot about that and screwed up my trap placement calculations and such.

But by far its one of the more useful devices in the game.

after the horse don't u put the swinging scythe next to it so it propels the enemy right after the horse triggers.

Parakeetman

after the horse don't u put the swinging scythe next to it so it propels the enemy right after the horse triggers.

thats the issue when you use any type of trap that knocks the enemy in a direction when they are on the horse the height of the horse screws with the trajectory, so what is shown to you by the arrows is not totally correct and you will have to make the extra distance judgment call yourself. So a bit more planning than usual is required if you use one.

dgenx

Made an agreement with another GAF member, refused to honor it because he was broke, but then had no problem continuing to buy video games.
hmm Im thinking of not buying inFamous SS and get Deception IV!

How long are the deception games anyway?

thats the issue when you use any type of trap that knocks the enemy in a direction when they are on the horse the height of the horse screws with the trajectory, so what is shown to you by the arrows is not totally correct and you will have to make the extra distance judgment call yourself. So a bit more planning than usual is required if you use one.

I don't remember the combo breaking but once the horse descends down i think u can trigger the wall buzzsaw.

The super trap video sold me on it, despite the character designs of the 3 main leads looking like crap. All about that Trap GAME!

killatopak

That's weird. I seem to recall this game having a price of $50 for PS3 and $30 for Vita. Or is it another game? I honestly don't know.

Pre-ordered my copy today. So hype, but my Vita backlog is growing at an alarming rate.

#Vita #nogaems

This is the kind of game where I'm really interested in the concept and idea (turn based strat with silly death traps/mechanics), but the visuals are sort of a little off putting. I know how absurd that sounds considering the content matter, but I don't know... just something about the anime style.

Someone stream this so I can watch haha

Parakeetman

I don't remember the combo breaking but once the horse descends down i think u can trigger the wall buzzsaw.

Usually the combo gets screwed up if you wait for the horse to descend. Or more like the timing just becomes too crucial that you really are better off just knowing the fact that the target will fly farther than intended then you compensate for that.

Yuterald

Getting my copy next Friday. Probably won't play it until I run through the first three Deception games. My first exposure to the series was Trapt, so I've got some catching up to do. I knew about these games back during the PSone days, but I never played them, for whatever reason. Bought all three on Ebay a year or two ago and they've been on my to-do list for awhile now. I have started the original game recently, so I should probably get back into that soon. Ugh, too many games.

That's weird. I seem to recall this game having a price of $50 for PS3 and $30 for Vita. Or is it another game? I honestly don't know.

Well honestly, it really should be priced like that considering the caliber of the game. But I think that Hatsune game or whatever it's called (pardon my ignorance on the title) is priced like that and just came out, so maybe you were thinking of that one.

Btw, what features and benefits aside from the youtube thing does the PS3 version have over the Vita version that warrants the $20 ($25 here) more in price.

cj_iwakura

Getting my copy next Friday. Probably won't play it until I run through the first three Deception games. My first exposure to the series was Trapt, so I've got some catching up to do. I knew about these games back during the PSone days, but I never played them, for whatever reason. Bought all three on Ebay a year or two ago and they've been on my to-do list for awhile now. I have started the original game recently, so I should probably get back into that soon. Ugh, too many games.

Trapt pretty much is Deception IV, which is why the title to this kind of irks me.
Despite the stupid title(and idiot protagonist), it pretty much is the most fleshed out game of the series, even though I prefer elements of 3.

Yuterald

Trapt pretty much is Deception IV, which is why the title to this kind of irks me.
Despite the stupid title(and idiot protagonist), it pretty much is the most fleshed out game of the series, even though I prefer elements of 3.

Yeah, from the few pics and videos I've seen/watched, it almost does look exactly like an extension of Trapt, which isn't a bad thing for me because I loved that game, hah!

Ponn

Banned
Im going to be playing FF X HD for awhile but im getting this tuesday just to show support for it. Still remember getting the only copy of Tecmos Deception from EB and the clerk giving it a WTF is this shit face.

The PS3 version is $50 on Amazon.com (US). I'm not sure why Gamestop is charging $10 more than Amazon is.

Both Amazon and Gamestop are charging $40 for the Vita version. Since the Gamestop version comes with 2 extra traps, I ordered the Vita version from Gamestop. I guess this is convenient since I live down the street from a Gamestop where I can pick it up on Tuesday. I wonder if there any magazine racks at that one, I've not been inside it in a long time.

shoplifter

Someone gonna die

fXAtAaZ.png

Gbraga

Do we know about the platform differences already?

Is it 60fps on PS3? I wish more companies would give us this kind of info (framerate and native res) for multiplatform Vita games, would make it much easier to choose. When the game is PS3/Vita, I'll always have to miss on some cool pre-order bonus because I need to know if the Vita version is any good first, since I'd prefer to play it there.

Yaoibot

Someone gonna die

fXAtAaZ.png

Amazon can be pretty terrible with niche games sometimes. Had to wait three weeks for Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll. (Which I loved! But that's another story.) Its better to go digital if you're not opposed to that for launch day stuff.

shoplifter

Amazon can be pretty terrible with niche games sometimes. Had to wait three weeks for Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll. (Which I loved! But that's another story.) Its better to go digital if you're not opposed to that for launch day stuff.

I'm assuming it means their shipment hasn't come yet because they had dates as of friday.

ys45

Ordered this for Vita on amazon.ca , hoping they won't screw up like Atelier Escha and DS2 got both games pre-ordered for like 1 months ago and it took them like a week before shipping Atelier Escha even thought it was in-stock .
Some more love for the Vita , I'm starting to have more games for Vita than my 3DS :p

Ryuukan

OP updated with cross-save, amazon preorder bonuses and pics of all preorder traps.

FYI: Amazon put the PS3 version back to $60

Top Bottom