• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls coming to America.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
BeeDog said:
My plea to the gaming gods:

PLEEEEASSSSEEEEEE let this game come to Europe, I'll gladly sacrifice Heavy Rain or Ueda's new game for it.
Now you are being silly...

Hobbun

Great, will be picking this up. Surprised they didn't wait until E3 for this announcement. Probably will be announcing the date at that point.

Has Atlus even developed or localized anything for the PS3, yet?

FnordChan

The timing of this announcement is perfect, as I was hoping to buy the Asian version of Demon's Souls at a con this weekend. Whew. I'm looking forward to buying the Atlus version instead. Man, does that company rule or what?

FnordChan

Yes Boss!

Very good, been going back forth over the last few weeks and I'd decided to wait for E3 before going with the Korean version. This and White Knight make the Triple the RPG console this year.

BeeDog

Trav said:
I'm writing them a thank you note as we speak. I've been on the fence over importing for a while now. Thankfully the backorders kept me from impulse buying.

While at it, ask them if they'll spread the manjuice in Europe.

careksims

I got the Asian version for my B-Day back in March. I'll buy it this time around to show my support of the NA version. :D RPG of the fuckin' Year people.

So the world may be mended...

Valkyr Junkie said:
Please add a mode for babies so I can actually build myself up enough to play the game :/
It's not really that bad. You respwan when you die and keep any weapons or items you've found. The only thing you lose are your collected souls, which can be regained by returning to that spot again.

Of course, I've probably died 50 times and am not that far in. :D

Rofl awesome, this news comes at the perfect time as I just received this email:

Hi,
... and welcome to the Play-Asia.com Personal Agent!

You receive this e-mail because you have signed up to receive information on news, product availability, pricing and more.

These products have changed availability

Demon's Souls (PlayStation3™ Asia)
Genre: RPG
Price: US$ 64.90

Durante

What's up with the Europe-begging in this thread? I'm also European, but when it comes to PS3 buying the games in NA is often cheaper than buying them locally, or at least not more expensive (unlike eg. importing from Asia). I'll get this Atlus NA release.

careksims

Hobbun said:
Great, will be picking this up. Surprised they didn't wait until E3 for this announcement. Probably will be announcing the date at that point.

Has Atlus even developed or localized anything for the PS3, yet?

They don't have to do anything! I hope they are smart enough to know it's all in English already! Just bring it over and don't change the cover or anything else!

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
Nice! Finally, an Atlus current gen console release worth the price they will ask for it! :D

Good job Atlus!

fuck.

i hoped SCEA picked it up, that way SCEE would have followed suit and we'd get a proper localization. now it's going to be english only :(

BeeDog

Durante said:
What's up with the Europe-begging in this thread? I'm also European, but when it comes to PS3 buying the games in NA is often cheaper than buying them locally, or at least not more expensive (unlike eg. importing from Asia). I'll get this Atlus NA release.

Possible DLC incompatibilities. There's no way in hell I'll buy DLC from other regions (don't ask why), and there is a possibility that some (substantial) DLC might arrive for this game in the future.

crowphoenix said:
It's not really that bad. You respwan when you die and keep any weapons or items you've found. The only thing you lose are your collected souls, which can be regained by returning to that spot again.

Of course, I've probably died 50 times and am not that far in. :D

I actually was the first person on GAF to get the English copy of the game, but it's just too much of a kick in the dick in the balls for me :(

schild

Yes Boss! said:
Come on Atlus, $49.99!

Screw that, they should charge $100. Only the hardest of the hardcore are gonna buy it and it's worth whatever they want to charge. WHATEVER.

NichM

Banned
careksims said:
They don't have to do anything! I hope they are smart enough to know it's all in English already! Just bring it over and don't change the cover or anything else!

It's all in English, but some of it (particularly item/weapon/spell descriptions) will be cleaned up a bit. We've found a few such descriptions that were translated to say the opposite of what the Japanese meant...

Dialogue will largely be left alone, though, apart from fixing up some of the punctuation.

NO REGION LOCKING!
NO REGION LOCKING!
NO REGION LOCKING!
NO REGION LOCKING!
NO REGION LOCKING!
NO REGION LOCKING!
NO REGION LOCKING!
NO REGION LOCKING!
NO REGION LOCKING!

^^What he said.
I'm glad I got this already.
It will be shredded by pansy reviewers who suck at it
You will love it!

Hobbun

careksims said:

Well, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlus added their own touches to the game. I definitely would not be surprised if they did some kind of limited edition with an added bonus for preordering.

Besides, my whole point was they would need a PS3 dev kit for any kind of work. Wasn't even sure they had one. :lol (No offense meant, Nich)

Either way, maybe a good sign for P5 or SMT4 on the PS3?

Thanks Atlus.

2z4escz.jpg

You can have my money.

Valkyr Junkie said:
I actually was the first person on GAF to get the English copy of the game, but it's just too much of a kick in the dick in the balls for me :(
That sucks, man. Hopefully, you'll get that wish at least in some form or fashion.

NichM said:
It's all in English, but some of it (particularly item/weapon/spell descriptions) will be cleaned up a bit. We've found a few such descriptions that were translated to say the opposite of what the Japanese meant...

Dialogue will largely be left alone, though, apart from fixing up some of the punctuation.
That's great news. More clarity will definitely make figuring out what's going on a bit more manageable. Especially, if you guys could include a detailed explanation about world tendencies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
schild said:
ATLUS TO BRING GROUNDBREAKING ACTION RPG EXPERIENCE TO NORTH AMERICA WITH DEMON'S SOULS™ FOR PLAYSTATION®3 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM

so I guess it's official SCE japan Studio are just sick of SCEA rejecting their games over and over again ..

LOL @ entire SCEWWS thingy

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Wow. I just hope they leave it intact and don't mess with the brutality.

(actually, a change to the world tendency rules might be ok, Atlus)

near

Gold Member
Durante said:

Some of us don't like importing.
Thus the begging.

panda21

Durante said:

import tax? its hard to be sure you wont get got. even if you dont care about the money it makes it less convenient

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
NichM said:

YES NICHHHH I LOVE YOU NICHHHHH YESSSSSSSSSSSS

(I was just listening to the persona retronauts too! I felt a vibe~)

whats the release date!!

Durante

BeeDog said:
Possible DLC incompatibilities. There's no way in hell I'll buy DLC from other regions (don't ask why)
I'll have to ask why. I bought the NA version of Disgaea and lots of its DLC with point cards (cheap on Ebay, in fact often cheaper than buying the same DLC in EU), and I plan to do the same for quite a few other games. If there is any problem to expect with that I'd like to know.

Top Bottom