• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls coming to America.

NolbertoS

Hmmm..I bought an extra imported game that's factory sealed. Might just have to sell it on ebay ASAP, while the prices are still high. Other than that. Great news for sure :D

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Totobeni said:
so I guess it's official SCE japan Studio are just sick of SCEA rejecting their games over and over again ..

From developed this, not Japan Studios. SCEJ published it in Japan.

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Atlus, take your time and try to rename it. "Demon's Souls" is one of the worst names I've ever read for a game. It's up there with "Penalty of Heroes", "End of Eternity" (see, this one has changed), "Infinite Undiscovery" and "Absolute Blazing Infinity".

Haunted

yay!

Importing the US version will certainly be cheaper than importing the Asia version.
Still hoping for an EU version for maximum cheapness. :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Jiguryo said:
Atlus, take your time and try to rename it. "Demon's Souls" is one of the worst names I've ever read for a game. It's up there with "Penalty of Heroes", "End of Eternity" (see, this one has changed), "Infinite Undiscovery" and "Absolute Blazing Infinity".

end of eternity was changed because it shares a title with a seminal work of science fiction :p

crowphoenix said:
Paid a bit less than I did. Thankfully, I'm enjoying the game enough to accept the few extra bucks I paid.

my big hope would be that the online co-op or any possible DLC is not region locked.....THEN that would really suck

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Stumpokapow said:
end of eternity was changed because it shares a title with a seminal work of science fiction :p
No wonder! I was so confused why that trailer had a different name all of a sudden.

Chemo

DMPrince said:
Fuck you SCEA.
What the fuck?

At least Sony allowed a third party to fucking publish it. They have a HUGE busy schedule of first party games for the next couple of years, and clearly don't think that Demon's Souls was going to move enough copies to get a chunk of the marketing budget... and rightfully so. Sony could have taken Nintendo's stance and not allowed third parties to publish games they don't want to release, but instead, we're actually getting it. Show some gratitude.

That said, I was going to import if it hadn't been announced by the end of E3. Thank you Atlus, thank you Sony, and most importantly, thank you From Software. Cannot fucking wait.

careksims

Jiguryo said:

Oh fuck no! Keep it as is! Keep everything intact! Name and all. That's the magic of Demon's Souls. We don't need any bullshit changes.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
YES OH HELL YEA!!

Most anticipated N.A. title of the year??

INCOMING KING'S FIELD GOODNES!!!!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
my old post in Demon soul thread

Totobeni said:
SCE Japan Studio should ask help from another publisher than SCEA , like what they did with their other games ( Ape Escape 2 , Rule of Roses , or what they did this month with Namaikida/Holy badman ) let it be SEGA , EA , Atlus or anyone , worthless SCEA is just a lost cause .

thank you SCE Japan Studio n_n

gofreak said:
From developed this, not Japan Studios. SCEJ published it in Japan.

SCEJ own the IP not Fromsoftware

That's a certainly interesting pickup by Atlus USA. Also confirms Atlus is a certified PS3 publisher (both retail and PSN) now despite their website legal info not being updated, so from now on there's a chance for japanese-only games getting an overseas release (*cough*Way of the Samurai 3?*cough*).

Still a bit puzzling SCEA rejects to publish titles from their own parent company but I guess its comforting they let others bring them (XSEED Wild Arms, NIS America Badman, Atlus Rule of Roses and this...etc etc). Better than nothing for sure.

We still need Atlus Europe though :/

Jiguryo

Aryan mech phallus gun
Stumpokapow said:

Ah, fair enough. Still, it's kind of a silly name if you think of it by itself :p

careksims said:
Oh fuck no! Keep it as is! Keep everything intact! Name and all. That's the magic of Demon's Souls. We don't need any bullshit changes.

Well, more power to you - I still think the name's something a 7-year-old could've done. Badly. Still, it's good to see it's getting released Stateside.

MikeE21286 said:
my big hope would be that the online co-op or any possible DLC is not region locked.....THEN that would really suck
:lol Oh lord. I hope Atlus and Sony wouldn't do that to us, but I've been playing with my US account, and have been playing on-line. Not co-oping yet, but... Jeez.

Yazuka

Wow, this is awesome news. Kinda glad I haven't importet the asian version yet.
This will be a lot cheaper for me to get also.

Jim

DMPrince said:
Fuck you SCEA.

It's a FromSoftware developed game isn't it? Just becase SCEJ published it, doen't mean SCEA/SCEE would want to. For the type of game it is, they were right to allow Atlus to handle it IMO.

U K Narayan said:
This would be the greatest news ever. Especially if it ends up on an HD console.

Indeed. I'd like new monster designs, they've gotten more than enough mileage out of the SMT3 ones. Putting it on PS360 guarantees updated monsters. I should go pick up my Raidou pre-order.

Wollan

:'D

For some gut reason I feel like double dipping.

Best western rpg since Morrowind. Yes, I know it was made in Japan.
It is so brilliant.

anddo0

All of you are LTTP:lol .. Unless there are significant changes I'm not re buying it. Its an excellent game though, glad someone decided to bring it over.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
Totobeni said:
SCEJ own the IP not Fromsoftware

Interesting. Though I was just saying it wasn't developed internally at Japan studios.

Well at the very least they relinquished publishing rights outside of Japan..which is good if they had no intention of publishing it outside Japan. At least it gives someone else the opportunity.

jarosh

uh, why would you not "like" importing? i would never even think about buying ps3 games locally. if you're in europe it is always cheaper to import US games, despite the shipping charges. and the ps3 is REGION FREE. i don't understand why anyone WOULDN'T import. who cares if this is released in europe. i'll definitely import.

Yes Boss!

anddo0 said:
All of you are LTTP:lol .. Unless there are significant changes I'm not re buying it. Its an excellent game though, glad someone decided to bring it over.

Nah, we are on time to the Atlus USA party. A glorious first PS3 release for Atlus...I'd much rather buy it from them.

careksims

Wollan said:
:'D

For some gut reason I feel like double dipping.

Best western rpg since Morrowind. Yes, I know it was made in Japan.
It is so brilliant.

I stand by this man's statement. Since it's publishedby Atlus, they may be a very nice chance for a pre-order item or some special edition!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Jim said:
It's a FromSoftware developed game isn't it? Just becase SCEJ published it, doen't mean SCEA/SCEE would want to. For the type of game it is, they were right to allow Atlus to handle it IMO.

you know ( I am sure you know ) that SCEJ own the IP for the game , it's Sony's game

fromsoft are just the developers , just like Ratchet Sony and Insomniac .

©Sony Computer Entertainment Inc.
http://www.jp.playstation.com/software/title/bcjs30022.html

kairu

I already have an Asian version on order... does this mean if I get the American one I can get the trophies twice?!

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
jarosh said:
uh, why would you not "like" importing? i would never even think about buying ps3 games locally. if you're in europe it is always cheaper to import US games, despite the shipping charges. and the ps3 is REGION FREE. i don't understand why anyone WOULDN'T import. who cares if this is released in europe. i'll definitely import.
Mostly pedantic reasons-- the case looks different than everything else in my library, and the manual is not in English I believe (in Chinese with English translation card?). And it's tougher to sell if I eventually do want to.

But I import fairly regularly so it's not too big a deal. This is just with regards to Asian games -> America, though. I've only once imported from the EU.

Top Bottom