• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls screens

Kyoufu

Gilgamesh said:
Definition of generic.

Bitch please, this looks anything but generic. The fact that you don't see many RPGs from JP devs with the art style, theme and setting here means its definitely not generic......

matmanx1

Reminded me alot of King's Field in HD, actually. Which has roots in D&D type dungeon crawling fantasy artwork. So no, I wouldnt call it original but it's exactly the kind of thing I like (and judging from the responses other people like it too).

But no, "generic" isnt the word I would choose either.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Elbrain said:
Yeah oooh man, they only need to fix the Frame rate and yeah oh man.
Yeah if they fix the framerate, animation, lighting and gameplay then it will be a great game. A completely different game of course, but a great one.

Gilgamesh

Kyoufu said:
Bitch please, this looks anything but generic. The fact that you don't see many RPGs from JP devs with the art style, theme and setting here means its definitely not generic......
Looks like standard D&D-inspired fantasy fare to me. Just because the developer is Japanese and making a western-style fantasy game doesn't make it automatically original.

Blimblim said:
Yeah if they fix the framerate, animation, lighting and gameplay then it will be a great game. A completely different game of course, but a great one.

The lighting looks good I would say...teh gameplay doesnt look any worse than oblivion to be honest...

Blimblim

The Inside Track
nelsonroyale said:
The lighting looks good I would say...teh gameplay doesnt look any worse than oblivion to be honest...
Lighting is about as basic as any other Japanese game released on a HD next gen console so far. And considering I couldn't play Oblivion for more than one hour before being disgusted by its gameplay (and art design, but that's another story), I don't know if your comparison is flattering or not ;)

lostxii

Blimblim said:
Why? The animations look good. The only thing I would criticize is the framerate, which was really bad, but I don't think we know enough about the gameplay to criticize that yet.

Raistlin

Blimblim said:
Lighting is about as basic as any other Japanese game released on a HD next gen console so far. And considering I couldn't play Oblivion for more than one hour before being disgusted by its gameplay (and art design, but that's another story), I don't know if your comparison is flattering or not ;)

So we know how you feel about Oblivion ... mind stating how you feel about the King's Field series?

I'm not trying to mock you, just trying to understand where you're coming from.

2real4tv

Blimblim said:

Have you seen more of the game or are you just speaking from the trailer?

This will definitely be a guilty pleasure game. It'll get bad reviews and be rubbed in the mud about its imperfections, but i know i'll love it. My type of game as long as there isn't weapon and monster scaling like shit ass Oblivion.

Paracelsus

When we will have confirmation about the ASIA version having English language? I hope at least a few days before release, although I have no idea how to get the goddamn game, since play-asia won't ship here.

Issun23

DMPrince said:
needs translation unless the co.uk site did but it's not loading for me?

Strong Soul
The One to obtain all trophies.

The One to connect the world
Guiding the beast of spread back to slumber once more, you have stopped and connected the World.

Wise
The One to acquire all the magics.

Saint
The One to acquire all the miracles.

Hidden One
The one to obtain all rings.

Soldier
The One to obtain all valuable equipment.

Incarnation of the King
Overthwoer of the Demon "Incarnation of the King".

Storm King
Overthwoer of the Demon "Storm King".

Yellow-rob Elder
Overthrower of the Demon "Yellow Robe Elder".

The Maiden Asutoraea
Overthrower of the Demon "The Maiden Asutoraea".

God of the Dragon
Overthrower of the Demon "God of the Dragon".

Old king
Conquerer of the old king Doran.

King`s Flying Dragon
Overthrower of the Demon "King`s Flying Dragon".

The One to Master Hardness
Obtained the best hard stone weapon.

The One to Master Sharpness
Obtained the best sharp stone weapon.

The One to understand the difference
Obtained the best Minagi stone weapon.

The One to Master Shock
Obtained the best Nibi stone weapon.

The One to Master Cutting Attack .
Obtained the best cutting stone weapon.

The One to Master the Viscous Bow
Obtained the best bow by the steel spider`s thread.

The One to Master Poison
Obtained the best mercury stone weapon.

The One to Master Fire
Obtained the best dragon stone weapon.

The One to Master Blood
Obtained the best sucking stone weapon.

The One to Master Life
Obtained the best medulla stone weapon.

The One to Master the Moonlight
Obtained the best moonlight stone weapon.

The One to Master Moon Shadow
Obtained the best moon shadow stone weapon.

The One to Master Blessing
Obtained the best dim light stone weapon.

The One to Master Shade
Obtained the best thin cloud stone shield.

Phalanx
Overthower of the Demon "Phalanx".

Knight of the Tower
Overthrower of the Demon "Knight of the Tower".

Battened Knight
Overthrower of the Demon "Battened Knight".

The Judge
Overthrower of the Demon "Judge".

Old Brave Warrior
Overthrower of the Demon "Old Brave Warrior".

Idol of the Idiots
Overthrower of the Demon "Idol of the Idiots".

Man Eater
Overthrower of the Demon "Man Eater".

Hill Accumulator
Overthrower of the Demon "Hill Accumulator".

Impure Giant
Overthrow the Demon "Impure Giant".

Takaashi Armored Spider
Overthrow the Demon "Takaashi Armored Spider".

The One Hidden in the Flames
Overthrower of the Demon "The One Hidden in the Flames".

Works for me. :D

Issun23

Baha said:
Will this game have any form of online or co-op?

There is yes, it's not straight up co-op though, one player has to die before joining others and help them.

I mean die in the game, ffs.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Issun23 said:
There is yes, it's not straight up co-op though, one player has to die before joining others and help them.

Oh really?

Hmm, still confused about how it works, but good to hear.

Kyoufu

Issun23 said:

What? I don't understand. Need more info on that.

Issun23

RpgN said:
So this post is what we know so far from Demon's Souls online co-op and is corrected (in order not to confuse others even more):

it's a new sort of co-op called "Soul sign" When you die in the game (offline), you became a soul and can sign online. As a soul, you are summoned to aid other players on their adventure. The other one being still alive.

About death, when you become a soul, there will be blood left to the place that you died.
It seems the other player can find your blood, and you will be revived again that way. Together the players will be stronger and defeat harder enemies. There's also many blood scattered that have no use, so it's not going to be an easy job.

The game will be released on 5 February next year in Japan.

RpgN described it much better than I could ever do. :lol

2z9i71v.jpg

2s76wdt.jpg

RavenFox

Banned
Well looking at the EU link with the trophies a poster says its hitting Europe. So NA is a must.

Issun23 said:
RpgN described it much better than I could ever do. :lol
Woah that sounds hella awesome.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Decided to download the trailer off JPSN... and WOW does it look good. Definitely more excited for this game now.

todahawk

Kagari said:
Decided to download the trailer off JPSN... and WOW does it look good. Definitely more excited for this game now.
Same here, was just coming here to post that it was up. Looks really nice. Another game for the backlog!

Kagari said:

Looks like I'll be downloading as well, later on! Did you happen to download the "promotional video" from the JPN PSN? Or is the trailer the new video they just added this week?

Perdew

Is it known if they ever added a lock-on or anything to this game? I've been loosely following it, but no trailer so far has washed the TGS demo out of my mouth yet.

WYWY

Perdew said:
Is it known if they ever added a lock-on or anything to this game? I've been loosely following it, but no trailer so far has washed the TGS demo out of my mouth yet.
A TGS '08 blog post claimed that there is a lock-on in the demo, but a lot of people didn't know it. Don't have a link, so can't confirm.

If no demo, I'll just wait for the inevitable nicovideo gameplay movies.

2real4tv

Looked at the trailer from JP PSN...yeah the graphics don't look to hot. Hope it makes up for it in story and gameplay.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
2real4tv said:
Looked at the trailer from JP PSN...yeah the graphics don't look to hot. Hope it makes up for it in story and gameplay.

I don't think King's Field games were ever known for their graphics :lol

Top Bottom