• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Demon's Souls screens

i like these ones
09.jpg

07.jpg

10.jpg

sykoex

Lost all credibility.
Please don't let this be another one of those Sony games that end up taking infinity and a year to come out.

jiggle

sykoex said:
Please don't let this be another one of those Sony games that end up taking infinity and a year to come out.

probably won't since it'll already be playable in a week.

Why do you guys always have to compress these things to hell and back. I may have to make my own like I did with WKC. :p

That being said, they look hot!

I'm not gonna get my hype up until we see something more substantial, though. This is From Software we're talking about.

Edit: Oh crap! It was Sony who compressed these screens! Freakin' Sony, always figuring out the best ways to show off their games. :lol

jiggle said:
probably won't since it'll already be playable in a week.
Famitsu said it's coming out in 2009.

OF course, that could mean December 2009 in Japan. WKC was playable at least year's TGS, and look at it now. :(

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
This is like if you mix King's Field Ancient City and Shadow Tower + hopes and dreams together.

Well, I hope it has a first person gameplay mode anywhoo

harSon said:
Looks a lot better then the scans from earlier in the week were letting on. From Software is an underrated and talented group but I can't just help but question the game considering it is made by the very same developers that created Enchanted Arms.
Then you should be comforted to hear that From is anything but consistent.

(I say it because I love 'em.)

tehbear

Fucking hyped for some good Oblivion action.

makingmusic476 said:
Famitsu said it's coming out in 2009.

OF course, that could mean December 2009 in Japan. WKC was playable at least year's TGS, and look at it now. :(

Blasphemy! Do not invoke the curse of WKC.
I know you are right :(

ItAintEasyBeinCheesy

it's 4th of July in my asshole
Y2Kev said:
09.jpg

This is ripped RIGHT out of Tomb Raider Legend.

tomb-raider-legend-20060405043636828-000.jpg
c
Looks like its ripped out of any story involving knights, templar, European history etc etc

sykoex said:
YES!! THIS is the type of stuff I want to play. THANK YOU SONY. No more shitty FPS games.

Sony havnt release and crappy FPS's.

Gattsu25

Banned
Ooh

I haven't played King's Field but I thought From Software's Eternal Ring was fuck awesome.

Definitely looking forward to this one. I wished they started working on Otogi 3, however.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
Gattsu25 said:
Ooh

I haven't played King's Field but I thought From Software's Eternal Ring was fuck awesome.

Definitely looking forward to this one. I wished they started working on Otogi 3, however.

Ahh, that's a shame though.
I felt Eternal Ring was the weakest of all of their first person RPGs.

King's Field 1, 2, The Ancient City, and Shadow Tower were all better.
Strangely, after loving all of them, I just couldn't get that far into Eternal Ring.

Too clean for me I guess.

WinFonda said:
That's because Oblivion was awful. The skill and spell system alone warrants that statement.
What? I thought it was some amazing game, game of the year, all that crap.

So it's not? My hate was warranted? I may in fact love WRPGs? This is a good day! :lol

Looks outrageously good. I love fantasy/medieval style done well, this looks like it pulls it off nicely.

I vote Oblivion as the best game of all-time, FWIW.

Mau ®

Toy Soldier said:
Looks outrageously good. I love fantasy/medieval style done well, this looks like it pulls it off nicely.

I vote Oblivion as the best game of all-time, FWIW.

Then you need to play Morrowind. May look like crap now, but its seriously better on the exploration side. Its actually rewarding unlike Oblivion.

soldat7

Oblivion was great. This looks great too.

inthezone said:
Then you need to play Morrowind. May look like crap now, but its seriously better on the exploration side. Its actually rewarding unlike Oblivion.

Morrowind had way too many flaws to be a fun game IMO.

Gattsu25

Banned
John Harker said:
Ahh, that's a shame though.
I felt Eternal Ring was the weakest of all of their first person RPGs.

King's Field 1, 2, The Ancient City, and Shadow Tower were all better.
Strangely, after loving all of them, I just couldn't get that far into Eternal Ring.

Too clean for me I guess.
It was just a weird game. I knew when I played it that it was a game I was probably alone in liking, but something about its simple design, magic system, and blisteringly fast gameplay really impressed me.

I'm sure if I played their King's Field games, I would be less impressed by it, but as it stands it was one of my favorite PS2 launch games (or near launch, at least)

WinFonda

makingmusic476 said:
What? I thought it was some amazing game, game of the year, all that crap.

So it's not? My hate was warranted? I may in fact love WRPGs? This is a good day! :lol
I never understood the love it got either, and I'm open to just about any kind of game. Again, the biggest complaint I have with Oblivion (and by extension, Morrowind) is that I felt no substantive character progression through all my time playing the game. The skill system just sucks. Outside of the towns and cities, it's got a big, empty, lifeless world that barely serves a purpose. Bad art on pretty much everything that isn't environmental. And to top it off, it uses copy+paste / random generated dungeon layouts so hardly anything feels unique or worth exploring.

I suppose for a lot of people it's the nature of a sandbox RPG that is appealing. I just hope this game (if it's even comparable to Oblivion at all) avoids some of the same shortcomings Oblivion had, mostly in terms of character progression.

WinFonda said:
I never understood the love it got either, and I'm open to just about any kind of game. Again, the biggest complaint I have with Oblivion (and by extension, Morrowind) is that I felt no substantive character progression through all my time playing the game. The skill system just sucks. Outside of the towns and cities, it's got a big, empty, lifeless world that barely serves a purpose. Bad art on pretty much everything that isn't environmental. And to top it off, it uses copy+paste / random generated dungeon layouts so hardly anything feels unique or worth exploring.

I suppose for a lot of people it's the nature of a sandbox RPG that is appealing. I just hope this game (if it's even comparable to Oblivion at all) avoids some of the same shortcomings Oblivion had, mostly in terms of character progression.
Those are all things that annoyed me about the game.

I hope Demon's Souls is much better.

ahoyhoy

Unconfirmed Member
soldat7 said:
Oblivion was great. This looks great too.

Morrowind had way too many flaws to be a fun game IMO.

The combat system being one of them. I admit I played Morrowind after having enjoyed and beating Oblivion, and although I'm usually pretty open when it comes to older games with outdated graphics, the slower combat style, framerate issues, bad animations, and overall slower feel really bogged it down. I liked the customization and greater freedoms, but Oblivion trumped it in every other regard.

Wish this would come out for the PC :(

LaneDS

Very excited. Hadn't played a King's Field game since the first, but man that game had such incredibly scary atmosphere. Might have had a lot to do with the technical limitations of being such an early PSX title but something about that game was so impressive.

So yeah, this looks awesome.

damn, this looks good...

242dj7l.jpg

holy shit, what a badass...demon tries to stab him in the nads and his sword doesnt leave his shoulder...thats cold...ice cold

Top Bottom