• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Desert Golfing aka GOTY

Salsa

To see a world in a bunker of sand
And a heaven in a wild cactus,
Hold infinity in the pocket of your shorts,
And eternity in Desert Golfing.

aV5pMFeRYZwK1RoQUEhUk4h0T5sQ-Xqh35UWt8U-0onKjS7GIO6XV8cflNjJJXxkY0Bc=w300-rw

you guys got in on this?

screen520x924.jpeg

screen520x924.jpeg

screen520x924.jpeg

iOS

Google Play

$0.90 on android and $1.99 on iOS apparently

game has recieved a lot of buzz on twitter from people like jonathan blow

its like a modern atari game and im hooked.

AsfaeksBR

Tom Francis (Gunpoint, Heat Signature) also plays it a lot.
I really wanna try it, but I don't trust Play Store that much to put my CC info there.

omg_mjd

They discussed the game at length in the last Idle Thumbs. Apparently every stroke counts since it adds to your score ad infinitum unless you delete the game and reinstall it.

Anyway I'm intrigued and I like the aesthetics, going by the gifs in this thread. Just a toss up whether to get it for my Android phone or my iPod.

Well this was a waste of money. That's what I get for browsing gaf half-asleep and buying stuff.

There's no goal. It just goes on forever. Boring, pointless. I guess there's some kinda zen shit that could be achieved while zoning out. But you could be playing something fun instead.

Damaniel

Banned
I like it - I'm a big fan of games that distill the essence of fun out of something, and make that essence playable. Sure, it's not very deep, but that's not the point. (I've played it more than I've played Destiny in the last three days, so there's that.)

I'm at the 852nd hole, with a total stroke count of 2369.

Salsa

Well this was a waste of money. That's what I get for browsing gaf half-asleep and buying stuff.

There's no goal. It just goes on forever. Boring, pointless. I guess there's some kinda zen shit that could be achieved while zoning out. But you could be playing something fun instead.

its relaxing and im having fun with that

also the levels get difficult soon enough and provide some challenge

ill agree its not for everyone tho, i guess

aeolist

Banned
bought it with my google survey credits

it's really good! but i'm mad since hole 8 took me like 24 strokes and now my score is ruined forever and i hate it :mad:

Frith

who made this?
Every indie pimp on twitter is all aflame over this game and that can surely only be because one of their friends made it. There is no way this comes out of the random mulch of the App Store organically, right?

follow
the
money

its ok i guess...

fake edit: google says its the enviro-bear dude, so thats cool..?

GodofWine

Looks like Super Stickman Golf without the power-ups and worse graphics.

Yea, i was pretty sure i had basically played this game already, and that's it, Stick man golf, it comes pre installed on Rokus...i don't see why this game deserves to be one of the lucky ones to actually torn a decent profit

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
Yea, i was pretty sure i had basically played this game already, and that's it, Stick man golf, it comes pre installed on Rokus...i don't see why this game deserves to be one of the lucky ones to actually torn a decent profit
It's weird, almost all the indie devs I follow on Twitter talked about it, but it has very few downloads overall. Seems almost unfair to other games.

I do really like it, though.

RM8

Who says games can't be meaningful experiences?

Q1oYfwt.png

I don't like that it's more expensive on iOS. I'll play it when the hype is gone :p

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Stickman 2 is free and awesome. $2 is crazy money :p

If you want something a little different, flappy golf is also a ton of fun

bounchfx

bought it.

almost can't believe i did. paying $2 for this opposed to other games that have taken far more effort is insane, but at the same time, it does the job for what I want from a desert golfing game

golf/10 would open app again

but it really should be 99c

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
bdk8fipygqe8zipzus96.jpg

more people need to play this
So this is Stickman Golf, but only super-pretentious. Is that why all the indie guys are pimping it?

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
So basically this is just like any other mobile golf game with all the color taken out. And it's successful? How?

I just realized that this gif looks weird with Denzel instead of Kaz. Too much GAF I guess.
There is one big difference, which is the scoring system. There are only two numbers: the hole you're at and the number of shots you took to get there. No reset, no second chances. You have to delete the game to start over.

Griss

Looks like Super Stickman Golf without the power-ups and worse graphics.

Exactly what I was going to say. Super Stickman Golf was absolutely fantastic, the only iOS game I've ever played that I'd be happy to fully recommend.

Top Bottom