• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2: "Guided Games" only works with normal difficulty for Raids (and Nightfall)

Trace

Banned
No shit.

LFR Raids in WoW don't let you do normal and heroic, I don't see why Guided Games would have you doing heroics either.

Inb4 Destiny is easier than WoW

Jetman

Now for the trifecta of fail to be complete, Bungie just needs to make hidden Ghost lore only accessible through an app again.

I'm so sick of people not being able to take valid criticisms and tossing them aside. First Sony's cross play mess and now this.

This is most certainly a fucking issue, and I love the fuck out of Destiny. I have 50+ days in it. You should not have to use some random Joe's website to find a fucking raid team. Especially when Bungie actually has the tools in there this time!

Some people don't want the commitment of a clan. I thought Bungie understood this, seeing as how they EMPHASIZED how there is no commitment required in guided games and how you can part ways after a game with no problem.

This is a huge issue and makes no logical sense. It's like Bungie is purposely gimping their game.

They would rather their "hardcore raiders" get hard at how good not having matchmaking makes them feel than improve their game.

GReeeeN

I'm actually happy about this!!!,

There is nothing wrong with going to LFG and finding a group. Yes guided games does sound like a good solution, but it feels like its was introduced to help get new people into a raid instead of finding a group.

hydruxo

There's nothing stopping someone from matchmaking for NM and going to Heroic, assuming the group you join is willing and geared up for it.

El-Suave

This is so stupid, people know how to play strikes because there aren't that many and the game repeats them so often. Virtually everybody is competent at them after a while. They might be able to justify it for Raids but for three player Nightfalls there really is no excuse for not having matchmaking.

Holiday

Banned

There is nothing wrong with going to LFG and finding a group. Yes guided games does sound like a good solution, but it feels like its was introduced to help get new people into a raid instead of finding a group.

Guided games is LFG. In the game. Why force people to third-party LFG sites, when there is already an LFG tool in the game?

Example 27743 of why Destiny had the worst online community of any game I've played in 5 plus years and why using third party sites to get matches was soul draining.

Its simple.

They did this so that new people can have a taste of Raids, and then if they want to try a harder difficulty they will have to go to their forums or reddit sub and keep those places alive, keep the online community flowing. Ask to meet up with people, meet new people, etc. Because Bungie can't do this themselves.

Lol the outrage cracks me up. I doubt this affects many people on here, most were already willing to shit on the game for any reason available.

You have to tackle the normal level raids for some time before you can jump into hard mode. The in game lfg will help you find groups you're compatible with, and then you can move on to the hard level with those people.

Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer matchmaking for everything, but people act like this is the end of the world when it's hardly an issue.

Whatever, back to the hate train everybody, there's work to do!

No one is acting like it's the end of the world except you. Clearly people criticizing the game hurts you considering your first and last paragraph.

It's 2017, don't give me bullshit reasons not to have matchmaking. If I want to do blind raids then that's my choice.

ZeoVGM

Banned

LFG sites will still exist! And how is that not the same exact thing, except a longer process?

Seriously, can someone who is actually okay with this explain to me what makes an LFG site better than in-game LFG? Anyone?

I've played Raids with terrible people before from LFG sites. It happens! Life goes on.

And the Bungie bullshit train begins. This just reaffirms my choice NOT to buy Destiny 2. Not going through all the BS language they are famous for. Lots of double talk.

Ghazi

I think that this is absolutely fair, the recent hard raids are already pretty damn difficult. I can only imagine they'll continue to get harder, to the point where matchmade groups just won't work well.

KillLaCam

Banned
The real question is "wtf is the point of an easy nightfall?" Just add matchmaking, even the worst players can do most nightfalls with a full team.

Having a normal nightfall will still make those bad players feel excluded so what does this even solve?

GReeeeN

Guided games is LFG. In the game. Why force people to third-party LFG sites, when there is already an LFG tool in the game?

the whole premise with the introduction of GG was that "oh a very small percentage of players have done the raid, we want to introduce a system that fixes that". From what I've read, GG seems like a tool that allows a more casual player to get into a raid group and "try it out" with more experienced players.

Yes it is a form of matchmaking,but I actually liked the idea of going to LFG and finding a group for the type of Raid run I wanted to do at that time. That being either to help someone new through the raid or a speed run just to get the drops before the reset.

I do believe GG should be there for heroic strikes/ NF though.

duhmetree

What's the problem?

They want you to make friends... Make friends in normal raids... do Hard raids with new friends.

A lot of Destiny's success is predicated on the social side of things. The community is great. Use guided games to find your raid team

Bold One

Yup, don't see the issue.

cgK1ACw.gif

GReeeeN

Example 27743 of why Destiny had the worst online community of any game I've played in 5 plus years and why using third party sites to get matches was soul draining.

Our community is crap because we don't mind going to an LFG site to find a group for our play style?.

GG for normal raids are great, its an opening for new players to try it out. Heroic is a lot more stressful and requires more communication to succeed. Being matched with players that have no idea how to do specific parts of a heroic raid after the 50th run can be quiet frustrating.

Nick_C

People in this thread make it sound like they will be locked out of raids. Unless I'm missing something, normal mode raids will have matchmaking. No one will be jumping straight into the heroic raid until the have at least one normal run under their belt. Matchmaking on normal is your way to form a team and test out everyone's strengths and weaknesses. Heroics are for people that can commit to their team and the game the way they are needed to.

I've had teammates flake out on me in strikes and leaving me as the only player fighting Phogoth for 15 minutes. That unpleasantness increases exponentially when I'm in the middle of a heroic raid.

I think that this is absolutely fair, the recent hard raids are already pretty damn difficult. I can only imagine they'll continue to get harder, to the point where matchmade groups just won't work well.
LFG sites are just longer, more draining matchmaking though? Six randoms, coming together to take on a raid? AKA the exact same thing that happens in guided games?

Actually, guided games combines randoms with established clans, so guided games would arguably create MORE organized and coordinated groups than LFG sites will.

Strakt

I bet Anthem will have matchmaking.

I also bet Anthem will be a steaming pile of shit the way everyone is overhyping it from a 3 min clip :|

Anyways this is pretty similar to WoWs system. Id rather spend 10 mins to find a group then spend 30+ wiping with a grp full of bads.

Sane_Man

This is a dumb as fuck. I've put days of my life into Destiny, but I'm not feeling the hype at all for Destiny 2 right now.

Owensboro

Its simple.

They did this so that new people can have a taste of Raids, and then if they want to try a harder difficulty they will have to go to their forums or reddit sub and keep those places alive, keep the online community flowing. Ask to meet up with people, meet new people, etc. Because Bungie can't do this themselves.

Yup! It's the same thing WoW has done for years: the initial tiers of Raids have a LFG to introduce people to mechanics and prove raids aren't so daunting. For some, just seeing all that stuff is totally worth it. For others, they'll realize there are more challenges out there and hopefully seek out other people that want to try (Guilds are actually supposed to be implemented properly this time around....but I'll believe it when I see it).

I can't really be all that mad about this. They're letting everyone easily experience the end game content that they never would be able to see, and yet still keeping the "best loot" reserved for the people that want to try the hardest. It's a carrot on a stick to get people more involved with the community.

What the fuck no rumble either? Again they are making the pvp very noob unfriendly.

Dumb move imo for the Nightfall. I dont understand a normal vs hard Nightfall to begin with, but even then it's one god damn straightforward mission. Why there can't be matchmaking for that is beyond me. So stupid.

As for the Raid...I don't know how I feel about that yet. I didn't raid much in original Destiny and when I did it wasn't all that fun for me. What would make it fun for me would be auto matchmaking and being able to have saved checkpoints at each part. So I can drop out if it isn't working and then be replaced automatically by someone else. It's about the only way it can work for someone like me.

Bottom line since they are clearly still not going to listen to the player base, I hope they lose sales because of it.

B_Boss

I'm not even sure how I still feel about the semi-trials (4v4) regular matchmaking across the entire Crucible board...

Raven117

Ahhhhh smell that? Yeah.... destiny 2 hype is officially underway as bitching about Bungie is what brings our community together.

It's been too long fellow guardians, see ya in sept!

Holiday

Banned
People in this thread make it sound like they will be locked out of raids. Unless I'm missing something, normal mode raids will have matchmaking. No one will be jumping straight into the heroic raid until the have at least one normal run under their belt. Matchmaking on normal is your way to form a team and test out everyone's strengths and weaknesses. Heroics are for people that can commit to their team and the game the way they are needed to.

I've had teammates flake out on me in strikes and leaving me as the only player fighting Phogoth for 15 minutes. That unpleasantness increases exponentially when I'm in the middle of a heroic raid.

How is external LFG superior to an in-game LFG for these issues? LFG parties for heroic raids fall apart all the time.

This is a case of Bungie making things more difficult for no apparent reason.

Whales

Banned
This is as it should be IMO. I know it is unpopular on GAF but a Heroic raid is a hardcore activity. If you want to commit to a Heroic raid then IMO You should be willing to use one of the many great tools available to relatively easily find a good group.

Why cant I have these tools in the fucking game?

I can easily see people working around this by using the normal matchmaking to look for players looking for hard and dropping people until they do.

Holiday

Banned
the whole premise with the introduction of GG was that "oh a very small percentage of players have done the raid, we want to introduce a system that fixes that". From what I've read, GG seems like a tool that allows a more casual player to get into a raid group and "try it out" with more experienced players.

Yes it is a form of matchmaking,but I actually liked the idea of going to LFG and finding a group for the type of Raid run I wanted to do at that time. That being either to help someone new through the raid or a speed run just to get the drops before the reset.

I do believe GG should be there for heroic strikes/ NF though.

Why not do this in-game? How is an external site superior in any way?

GReeeeN

How is external LFG superior to an in-game LFG for these issues? LFG parties for heroic raids fall apart all the time.

This is a case of Bungie making things more difficult for no apparent reason.

External LFG sites allows you to get a grasp of the players you will be playing with before jumping into the game. In game LFG seems like GG matchmake with very limited ability to grasp who your teaming up with.

Nydius

I've raided in WoW before, a heroic raid in Destiny isn't dissimilar in skill level to a normal or heroic in WoW. Mythics are more difficult true but I'm not comparing to those.

I disagree. I find the difficulty level of heroic raids in Destiny to be on par with pre-nerf BC heroic 5 mans and pre-nerf Cataclysm heroic 5-mans. They're roughly the same in length as well, once you take out padding like the VOG jumping puzzle and King's Fall Tomb Ship pit. Like the pre-nerf heroic dungeons, once the limited mechanics in Destiny's raids are figured out, you can blow through them in one sitting. That's vastly different than even heroic 10 man raids in WoW which generally still require more than one night commitment and feature more mechanic heavy fights.

pantsmith

It doesnt make much sense to bring the community together some of the time, but not all the time. Mixed messages.

I'm all for the tools they came up with, but the communty (or at least the people running content) moves on from normal to hard mode.

Do you think this is throwing the LFG communities a bone in any way?

I'm going to take a wait and see approach this time, they almost had me pre-ordering... but the things that keep leaking out make me step back again =/

The gunplay and lore (although hidden) was bloody fantastic in the first one, they should really lighten up about the whole elitist attitude they have towards their player base.

Top Bottom