• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Have there been any destiny or PSN updates over the last few days, and is there one planned for tomorrow?

Playing tethered with limited data at the moment

jviggy43

Gotta say that seeing the Nightfall boss with a sliver of health as time is winding down and everyone is dead... I like it. Much more suspenseful than any of the previous iterations. Fun.

Na death is now trivial. Unless you royally messed up previous parts of the NF you should have PLENTY of time to take down the boss. Also this week you could die in the control room while your ghost continued to scan the computer which meant you could all die and not have to deal with the horde encounter at all and then just spawn in once the ghost completed the scan.

Really wish the timer was a modifier and not a permanent system.

Aumann

Is it worth it to do the prestige nightfall? Does it grant armor higher than your current level if you've already completed the normal weekly nightfall?

It was never this bad. At least since vanilla and VOG era where progression was locked behind rare Raid drops you'd get once a week.

Honestly, it's perplexing to me because they fixed this issue, and experimented with it as well, but never went back to it. And here we are.

I guess they really don't want new players feeling like they have to play more than a few hours a week to level, but that really shits in the pot of us players that play daily and look forward to even an inkling of progression.

Removing random weapon and armor perks is along the same idea and again negates any reason to play in the end game besides a few hours.

Bad Bungie. Bad.
Removing the random perks is great for the rest of us though, I never had time to spend chasing that in year 2 and never had the "meta" weapons as a result. (Also after running tons of dragon strikes for a hopscotch pilgrim that got nerfed a week later, I didn't really want to grind for that stuff anymore anyway).

I wonder if there's a balance where both sides can be satisfied. Maybe some unique looking armors that are only available with massive grinding, like the Achilles set in halo 5, but don't imbalance PvP for the rest of us like the random perks and re-rolling did?

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
I'm only 271 and have only done the pleasure gardens section and failed the puzzle after.
Hmmm the ads could kick your ass real good but I'll leave that to senor taxi to judge this his raid party..which i wonder where he at...👀

Anyway the party so far..raid starts in 30min
1. Senor Taxi PSN Senor_rub_a_dub
2. Me
3. Cob dude
4. Toki dude
5. Kakarim guy
6. Tentative for now

Cob32

Hmmm the ads could kick your ass real good but I'll leave that to senor taxi to judge this his raid party..which i wonder where he at...👀

2. Me
3. Cob dude
4. Toki dude
5. Kakarim guy
6. Tentative for now

My psn:TheMainMan1987

2. Me
3. Cob dude
4. Toki dude
5. Kakarim guy
6. Tentative for now
No hard feelings if I'm not worthy yet!

Strum and Drang is a pretty fun combo. Don't know how effective it really is, but I like the loop of switching between the two mid fight.

traveler

Not Wario
It was never this bad. At least since vanilla and VOG era where progression was locked behind rare Raid drops you'd get once a week.

Honestly, it's perplexing to me because they fixed this issue, and experimented with it as well, but never went back to it. And here we are.

I guess they really don't want new players feeling like they have to play more than a few hours a week to level, but that really shits in the pot of us players that play daily and look forward to even an inkling of progression.

Removing random weapon and armor perks is along the same idea and again negates any reason to play in the end game besides a few hours.

Bad Bungie. Bad.

There's no real point to grinding gear even if they did make strikes or other activities more rewarding. What does it get you? Easier prestige night falls and presumably an easier prestige raid and that's it. The hard raid isn't even out and we can already do prestige night falls so even those gains are super marginal. The problem isn't that other activities are no longer rewarding; its that everything was too rewarding to begin with and were effectively maxed out for the content present in the game. Either more new content at endgame or a much slower progression to and through endgame was needed.

Syntsui

Just redeemed this week's luminous engrams and I got two exotic dupes, which doesn't really matter as I have the only two relevant ones for Hunters so some weapons would be appreciated.

All said and done, now I'm level 280 and I'm able to tackle the raid provided I get the fucking mic.

Clunker

Anyone on Xbox up for Nightfall? I haven't tried it yet, just got to 271 and feeling up to giving it a shot. GT is Holden Cawffle.

Bearded Skull

Neo Member
Is anyone interested in helping DGAF clan Olde Garde clear the raid before reset? We have 4 from the clan and need 1 more to pick up from the Gauntlet checkpoint. We're ready to go now. PSN

Trakan

The game has just been infuriating me lately. I open up an exotic engram and I get boots I already have. Then I open up a legendary engram along with it and it gives me the very same exotic boots. Of all the times a legendary engram gives me an exotic, it gives me a dupe of the fucking dupe I just got back to back. And then the next exotic engram I get turns out to be another dupe of boots I have. What the fuck is wrong with this game?

And then after a night of terrible Trials because the game ruined our streak by booting us back to orbit before the match even started (mentioned it in my last post in this thread, again, fuck this game), I went back to the tower because I at least got an exotic engram from the whole shit show so I was hoping that would at least cheer me up. Gives me fucking Fighting Lion. Not only a shitty fucking weapon but a dupe of a shitty fucking weapon I've already received before. Dupes here, dupes there, dupes fucking everywhere.

Probably the worst day of Destiny I've ever had. Absolutely unfulfilling and get fucked by the game time and time again. Destiny without the bullshit my ass. Need a damn break.

Did you not play Destiny 1? What you're describing has been around since then.

Bungie patented RNG.

Is anyone interested in helping DGAF clan Olde Garde clear the raid before reset? We have 4 from the clan and need 2 more to pick up from the Gauntlet checkpoint. We're ready to go now. PSN
I wouldn't mind attempting to help but I don't want to hinder since I'm only 272. I was doing that section fine being a runner last night calling out the rows but the people outside didn't get it so we kept failing.

Raven117

Are there any PS4 NeoGaf clans? (I know there are a few of them).

May I submit an application? Im good and not an asshole!

I missed out on the original groupings because my close friends wanted to be in a clan together. They all bailed to join another group....and all I wanted was to be on the NeoGaf one!

Any direction on this would be much appreciated. :D

I feel like I'm missing something with Trials, my fire team is pretty strong in regular pvp (wouldn't say THE best) but we get absolutely destroyed in Trials (even with 3 out of 4 of us using mida since that seems to be the gun everyone uses). We can't even get a single win and it feels like it's MUCH harder for us to even take down the shields, let alone kill anyone half the time.

Bearded Skull

Neo Member
I wouldn't mind attempting to help but I don't want to hinder since I'm only 272. I was doing that section fine being a runner last night calling out the rows but the people outside didn't get it so we kept failing.

See if you can join the party I'm in, PSN is the same as here without the space. What's you're PSN? We'll add you.

Kyne

I feel like I'm missing something with Trials, my fire team is pretty strong in regular pvp (wouldn't say THE best) but we get absolutely destroyed in Trials (even with 3 out of 4 of us using mida since that seems to be the gun everyone uses). We can't even get a single win and it feels like it's MUCH harder for us to even take down the shields, let alone kill anyone half the time.

it's unfortunate, but you're likely going up against people who are REALLY good. There is no skill based match making in trials and it's possible that you're going up against the best of the best. Keep trying and hope that you get a team that's more on your skill level.

Jblanks

Lol doing the prestige nightfall and the boss is down to 1/4 health and we have 2 minutes left but we all die, and none of us can spawn because it's 'Finding Spawn Location'... what a fucking joke lol.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Are there any PS4 NeoGaf clans? (I know there are a few of them).

May I submit an application? Im good and not an asshole!

I missed out on the original groupings because my close friends wanted to be in a clan together. They all bailed to join another group....and all I wanted was to be on the NeoGaf one!

Any direction on this would be much appreciated. :D
Scope out the ones in the OP, and join any with open spots that appeals to you :)

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
I did the last two sections of the raid but still need to do everything from the start leading up to
gauntlet

KaKaRi

2. Me
3. Cob dude
4. Toki dude
5. Kakarim guy
6. Tentative for now

Psn Kliemie (Kakarim guy)

Top Bottom