• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

if you DONT have a mod on your Legendary Chest, your exotic will become 293 thanks to that mod in that exotic chest.

If you do have a mod on your legendary chest, it will be 288 because it only infuses up to the base power of the legendary.

Would you lose the mod on the legendary chest or what happens to it?

Kyrios

Infusing doesn't take into account mods. It just looks at base power level. All exotics have a +5 PL mod on them. So that's why there's an "extra" gain.

So in your example, infusing a 277 (which is really 272+5) exotic with a 288 legendary would give you 288 + 5 exotic.

if you DONT have a mod on your Legendary Chest, your exotic will become 293 thanks to that mod in that exotic chest.

If you do have a mod on your legendary chest, it will be 288 because it only infuses up to the base power of the legendary.

Okay I have a legendary mod on my 288,so I'll abstain. Thanks both for making this crystal clear now!

Mindlog

Meh at Bungie to even bother with an app. The 3rd party offerings are better.
I want Bungie to offer everything they would with an app in-game. In-game inventory is balls.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Would you lose the mod on the legendary chest or what happens to it?
The mods on the item you infuse into something are lost, the mods on the item you infuse into are kept.

In the early endgame, Legendaries that you get with Legendary mods already on them are prized possessions.

Just got some clan engrames and lucked out with and auto rifle I could fuse into my scathelocke to get it to 299!

My mains always lag behind so it feels good to not have to worry for the moment.

Kyrios

Just got some clan engrames and lucked out with and auto rifle I could fuse into my scathelocke to get it to 299!

My mains always lag behind so it feels good to not have to worry for the moment.

Scathelocke has been lagging a bit behind for me as well. I rarely get auto rifles in engrams, basically all handguns or power weapon types I don't use...

The mods on the item you infuse into something are lost, the mods on the item you infuse into are kept.

In the early endgame, Legendaries that you get with Legendary mods already on them are prized possessions.

Thanks. By the way, thanks for your guide on progression as well! I have a quick question though- I know I don’t have to equip my best gear for the game to recognize it, but do I have to at least transfer it to an alt in order for the game to recognize it and thus boost my alt’s progression? Or will the game detect it regardless of which character has it?

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
Thanks. By the way, thanks for your guide on progression as well! I have a quick question though- I know I don’t have to equip my best gear for the game to recognize it, but do I have to at least transfer it to an alt in order for the game to recognize it and thus boost my alt’s progression? Or will the game detect it regardless of which character has it?

lol i was just watching a george clip.

as for your question, people will tell you to trust Bungie's coding and that it will calculate the overall light level automatically, but i would say be careful.

Your alts will lag behind because of the new infusion system which doesnt allow you to infuse armor gear from different classes. Then there is the exotic limitations. if you have an exotic weapon or armor equipped that ISNT the highest level exotic you have, it wont count it towards your overall light level.

Always have your highest light level stuff equipped especially when you are grinding strikes or public events. you dont want an exotic drop that is less than your light level.

Scathelocke has been lagging a bit behind for me as well. I rarely get auto rifles in engrams, basically all handguns or power weapon types I don't use...
I barely get any kinetic weapons compared to the other types, AR are a rarity too.

I'm sure it's deliberate to make you wanna get a better main.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks. By the way, thanks for your guide on progression as well! I have a quick question though- I know I don't have to equip my best gear for the game to recognize it, but do I have to at least transfer it to an alt in order for the game to recognize it and thus boost my alt's progression? Or will the game detect it regardless of which character has it?
Nope! It will always detect anything that can be equipped. Even stuff that you may not have picked up from the postmaster yet counts.

edit: you can also be paranoid ;) lol

My bad. I thought it was for a Legendary Ship.

Don't know about Exotic Ships since I don't have a dupe to dismantle to find out ><

Oh ok, yeah I guess I will wait til someone on reddit does it. Even the uggo EV Exotics I'm reluctant to break down if it isn't a reasonable dust amount.

Dthomp

I apologize if i ever end up accidentally leaving a fellow gaffer in a rando PVP match, because i'm done playing premade fireteams while solo que. I don't know what moron at Bungie thought this 4s nonsense was a good idea but it really shits all over the solo players much worse then the worst day in D1.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
How's the raid auto rifle?
I actually love it. Surprised there is not more affection for it. I'm not used to Origin Story though, I admit, and Rampage is an incredible perk.

But yeah. Go with Corkscrew Rifling and High Impact Reserves, and remember to take advantage of it alongside Under Pressure. The key is to not compulsively reload, which is tough for a lot of peeps. You can even toss away the first ~1/3 of the mag with hip fire or as suppression after a reload, and the remainder will be really stable and high damaging.

Raven117

Nope! It will always detect anything that can be equipped. Even stuff that you may not have picked up from the postmaster yet counts.

edit: you can also be paranoid ;) lol

I tell ya. This quality of life change is truly fantastic. You don't have to micromanage everything and can just enjoy playing with what you like. (Leaving that 300 sidearm kinetic in the vault).

Raven117

I apologize if i ever end up accidentally leaving a fellow gaffer in a rando PVP match, because i'm done playing premade fireteams while solo que. I don't know what moron at Bungie thought this 4s nonsense was a good idea but it really shits all over the solo players much worse then the worst day in D1.

Oh, but when you curb-stomp a premade team of 4 with a bunch of solos....oh the sweet victory drips from your fingertips.

I was not a huge pvp fan in D1 (the one shot effery killed the fun for me). D2 though...oh my time has come. Im not saying Im good, but it fits my playstyle much more.

I wonder if its because I have been playing rainbow 6 siege? Actually, come to think of it, yes. While the TTK in R6 is insanely fast (as it should be). Its all about picking the right lines and anticipating. D2 is like this...you just have longer to kill them.

pantsmith

How's the raid auto rifle?

Love it. Great PvE gun. Takes a little getting used to, since you ideally want to use up most of your magazine instead of automatically reloading to take advantage of the buff.

If you have a Titan, it pairs awesome with the auto rifle exotic chest that slowly refills your ammo. You can keep it in the “sweet spot” for a while and it feels great.

Dthomp

Oh, but when you curb-stomp a premade team of 4 with a bunch of solos....oh the sweet victory drips from your fingertips.

I was not a huge pvp fan in D1 (the one shot effery killed the fun for me). D2 though...oh my time has come. Im not saying Im good, but it fits my playstyle much more.

I wonder if its because I have been playing rainbow 6 siege? Actually, come to think of it, yes. While the TTK in R6 is insanely fast (as it should be). Its all about picking the right lines and anticipating. D2 is like this...you just have longer to kill them.

Maybe that's my biggest disconnect from enjoying D1, I get no satisfaction from team shooting a dude to death. Infact I feel robbed of the chance to actually have a gunfight and better my skill. Waiting a corridor or hallway with my team waiting for a poke is terrible PVP IMO, I don't actually see how they can call it competitive in any sense. However still being average I felt good about my average to great games in D1, where even a good game I question how much of that was me doing the work and not just mopping up somebodies teamshoot. The problem lies in there is no casual playlist, every match of each mode is sweatsville, and that's great for players of that style, but D1 lasted 3 years without having every mode turn into that.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Googling mishap, I just realized that a valakadyn is a kind of sea snake.

Almost all of the Veist weapons are named after venomous or poisonous creatures. Black Scorpion, Red Mamba, Death Adder, Valakadyn, Copperhead, Widow's Bite, Tarantula, Man o' War

Pretty cool
Love it. Great PvE gun. Takes a little getting used to, since you ideally want to use up most of your magazine instead of automatically reloading to take advantage of the buff.

If you have a Titan, it pairs awesome with the auto rifle exotic chest that slowly refills your ammo. You can keep it in the ”sweet spot" for a while and it feels great.
Fist bump. Didn't think of pairing it with Actium war rig to game the perk like that. Great idea.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
PVP in D2 now.

9A6E185CCE4A2A6AE39F33DB4A89D5D9F5206A21

Love it. Great PvE gun. Takes a little getting used to, since you ideally want to use up most of your magazine instead of automatically reloading.

If you have a Titan, it pairs awesome with the auto rifle exotic chest that slowly refills your ammo. You can keep it in the “sweet spot” for a while and it feels great.

Oh jesus, I didn't think about using it with War Rig. That's my favorite exotic. Thought I would be done with the raid after I got the helmet...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Wait... so the first chest in the raid always gives you a powerful engram weekly?
The "first chest" in the raid can be very different depending on what you do. You can complete the entire raid without ever doing the Castellum once.

But yes, your first Castellum completion per character per week awards a powerful engram. The room is good for other things too, I love just fucking around in there.

I am putting this stuff in my guide but I really think groups ought to form to do a Castellum clear, or even just do it 3x in a row, even if they have no intention of doing the raid. It's quick, teaches some basics and can be done with fewer than 6.

Zereta

I have been turning my PS4 Pro off instead of using rest mode, and ever since I started doing that my Pro never crashes anymore with D2.

My old PS4 would crash constantly because I used to put it on rest mode. Once I stopped, no problem. Never did it ever again.

pantsmith

PvP is just bad in this game. Awful decisions at every level.

Its just different.

I think there are some core issues (lack of a “fun” solo mode with the new emphasis on team shooting, for example) but its just a different design philosophy, not necessarily a bad one.

A lot of it is a hard response to the rampant shittiness of Destiny 1s Crucible, for better or for worse. A lot of that rampant shittiness is what defined Destiny 1, though, so they really have changed a lot.

Are there any Veist made kinetic auto rifles? Their crazy fast reload speed have been super appealing lately, but all their auto rifles seem to only elemental.

yo Hawkian; read your weapons and and just wanted you opinion on the "Vigilance Wing" I use this gun along with Uriel's Gift and my K/D has greatly improved! that "harsh truths" ability has made me survive some hectic fire fights.

Vigilance Wing is one of my favourite weapons in D2, and I don't even like Pulses that much.

Top Bottom