• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

Looking to start a fresh raid pretty much in the next half hour. Looking for 2.

This is everyone's first time doing it, so looking for other first timers or some people with patience as we work our way through. We aren't going in totally blind, but will have the regular pains of executing.

All of us have atleast completed WoTM, with 3 of us having completed every raid.

Raven117

Maybe that's my biggest disconnect from enjoying D1, I get no satisfaction from team shooting a dude to death. Infact I feel robbed of the chance to actually have a gunfight and better my skill. Waiting a corridor or hallway with my team waiting for a poke is terrible PVP IMO, I don't actually see how they can call it competitive in any sense. However still being average I felt good about my average to great games in D1, where even a good game I question how much of that was me doing the work and not just mopping up somebodies teamshoot. The problem lies in there is no casual playlist, every match of each mode is sweatsville, and that's great for players of that style, but D1 lasted 3 years without having every mode turn into that.

I don't know. While there is for sure a lot of team shooting (I don't have much of an issue with this...a good team can work together to flush out the others), Ive had plenty of one on ones. Heck, Sometimes I can handle 2 on 1s when you pick your lines (and they aren't very good).

Ive had some sweaty matches...others curb-stomped. Felt about the same as D1 to me.

Got a strong chest piece from faction rewards that when fused put me up to 299!

Nearly there now, gonna feel good to max out and be caught up.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The hand cannon is interesting, because it has triple tap, but the slow fire rate keeps you from taking full advantage. Weapon wise FWC is the way to go.
I could not disagree more. It is the fastest firing hc archetype and headshots are crispy. I proc triple tap all the time and the magazine is huge to begin with.

I'm sure it's not for everybody but defintely don't sleep on Dire Promise.
Even if that stuff is on another character? I got the paranoia down haha
Haha, yep.

I could not disagree more. It is the fastest firing hc archetype and headshots are crispy. I proc triple tap all the time and the magazine is huge to begin with.

I'm sure it's not for everybody but defintely don't sleep on Dire Promise.

Haha, yep.
I say that as a Hand Cannon problem more than an issue with Dire Promise, but you're right this isn't a universal problem. I'm just so used to the Call to Serve's fire rate that I'm not happy with Dire Promise.

Eventually found a group through guided games (after a half hour)

Zero communication with my squad. No one had a mic.

Completed the nightfall first try.

Regular matchmaking could have saved me a lot of time.

I wouldnt mind doing NF's again but not if I spend longer "matchmaking" then actually playing through it

The Ummah

Banned
Seems like I've been stuck at 272 for days, and all my drops have been 263-268. Should I just pray for a decent drop to move up a bit?

Going to do PE's when I get home, hoping for something good!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I say that as a Hand Cannon problem more than an issue with Dire Promise, but you're right this isn't a universal problem. I'm just so used to the Call to Serve's fire rate that I'm not happy with Dire Promise.
Oh, yeah, it's nothing like a scout of course. I prefer HCs in general so it's just a different kind of question. Call to Serve is lovely, I don't usually like scouts all that much but that and Mannanan really do it for me.

Going back and forth from D1 and D2 made me realize that the exotic abilities in D2 aren't as cool as the ones found in D1, I think this is another area where pvp balance fucked pve players; can't have an ability that's too insane or you risk breaking pvp.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Seems like I've been stuck at 272 for days, and all my drops have been 263-268. Should I just pray for a decent drop to move up a bit?

Going to do PE's when I get home, hoping for something good!
I don't recommend praying nope. Haha ;)

Reset was yesterday, if you've been stuck for days, there must be some milestones you can do currently?

ocean

Banned
Exemple ? I’m just curious.

I had a lot of lost items memories from the beginning of these things in destiny 1
There is no dismantle or delete API call. These apps can’t, even if they really really wanted to, lose or delete anything from your inventory.

As for why DIM/Loadouts/Ishtar Commander are better than the official companion app:

- There’s less clutter and you get right down to inventory management without all the extra bloat the Conoanion app has
- The options are generally more flexible (take DIM: you can maximize Light, or set to farming mode which sends all dropped gear off to vault to prevent Postmastering stuff, a restore previous Loadout button etc)
- They keep up with the community. For instance these apps added armor % rolls for T12 hunting, something the official app never supported

Most of all they’re just faster tho

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
You need it for basically everything that isn't the story. If you want to do strikes or raids you need it.
Interestingly you can do all the destination activities without it, in instances with others, which ought to include Flashpoints and the current faction rally.

You won't get too quickly into the far endgame without it, but for someone who has no interest in raiding OR PvP, it could be worse.

The Ummah

Banned

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks, guys. Going to read that post and figure out what I need to focus on tonight. I have new milestones after the reset I can do also.

Also, thanks for the informative post my fellow Sherpa clan member Hawkian :)
Np! If there are any exotic quests you haven't done yet, it's a great time for it.

What sensitivity is everyone using? I was using 8 but realkrafty says he uses 3 :O

3. Most players that heavily use Sniper Rifles in shooters go with lower sensitivity. It allows for more accuracy when you're reaction-aiming. Once you're used to it, you just kind of stick with it.

If 8 works for you, have at it. It's advantageous in close quarters melee situations. Only change what you're used to if you're having problems with being accurate on your current setting.

What sensitivity is everyone using? I was using 8 but realkrafty says he uses 3 :O

vortex-ps4-full-view-1024x841.jpg

I've been using 10 but I use KontrolFreeks analog covers so it's sorta designed for it. They're actually nice if you play lots of console FPS.

arimanius

3. Most players that heavily use Sniper Rifles in shooters go with lower sensitivity. It allows for more accuracy when you're reaction-aiming. Once you're used to it, you just kind of stick with it.

If 8 works for you, have at it. It's advantageous in close quarters melee situations. Only change what you're used to if you're having problems with being accurate on your current setting.

I'm trying 3 right now. So far the only thing I really need to get use to is the slow turning radius but man is it a lot slower lol

This shit is getting ridiculous. Literally 9 times out of the last 10 I've tried to go to the Tower, the game either hangs in orbit infinitely or outright crashes. It was doing the same thing to me yesterday and would and had been getting increasingly worse over the week.

I'm trying 3 right now. So far the only thing I really need to get use to is the slow turning radius but man is it a lot slower lol

Yup. That's why a higher sensitivity is advantageous in melee situations. You're less likely to run into a situation where someone runs into your blindspot and they two of you are awkwardly melee-ing air trying to find each other.

Prestige Nightfall is really tough this week. I know it is supposed to be but damn.
I personally found it to be the easiest yet. You can save a lot of time by having a hunter go invis and hacking the four pillars. That room can pretty much be skipped which was huge for our fireteam. We got to the boss with about 7 minutes.

f@luS

More than a member.
I feel like rng is generous in destiny 2

Got 17/19 exotic weapon
All exotic on my Titan which is 305 and all raid armor in 2 run
Half a run (missing Calus ) in my new warlock started 6 day ago and already 304. Just 1 point from 305 (head is 304). Got 8 exotic already.
And now half of my blue drops at 300 so I ca. Infuse them good

Top Bottom