• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 |OT2| Leviathan Wakes (Spoiler Tag ALL Raid Discussion)

pantsmith

Eventually found a group through guided games (after a half hour)

Zero communication with my squad. No one had a mic.

Completed the nightfall first try.

Regular matchmaking could have saved me a lot of time.

I wouldnt mind doing NF's again but not if I spend longer "matchmaking" then actually playing through it

Not a knock against you or your not wanting to wait 30 minutes (totally understandable!) but a 30 minute queue is comparable to the wait for matchmaking in games like WoW.

Using Gaf or any outside source takes less time.

Also, the Nightfall can snowball against you super easy with the timer, and the less coordination between all three people (the other two, the guides, were likely in party chat) the worse the offs the entire team is.

If, for example, someone were to quit halfway or even go afk your run would be fucked. If a party member ran ahead and refused to revive you, you’d also get fucked. So a successful run in a mode designed to foster success is not exactly indicitive of how matchmaking would work without the “safety rails” so to speak.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Bungie, you cheeky buggers, The Crown Splitter is the Master Sword
rFLNMSm.png
The air r2 is Link's down + a from smash

it's really fucking good too. One of the very, very few times I am jealous of a Titan.

RAWRferal

I feel like rng is generous in destiny 2

Got 17/19 exotic weapon
All exotic on my Titan which is 305 and all raid armor in 2 run
Half a run (missing Calus ) in my new warlock started 6 day ago and already 304. Just 1 point from 305 (head is 304). Got 8 exotic already.
And now half of my blue drops at 300 so I ca. Infuse them good

More like we could use a few more weapons than the RNG being nice.

There should be a separate clan engram for completing the prestige nightfall.

We finished it tonight, but I only did it for the trophy and I know I'll never try another one. Why would anyone bother ? Just like regular strikes and Adventures, the game gives you zero incentive to do this activity.

I really hope they work this stuff out eventually.

We finished it tonight, but I only did it for the trophy and I know I'll never try another one. Why would anyone bother ? Just like regular strikes and Adventures, the game gives you zero incentive to do this activity.

The same can be said for the raid, my friends are 303 without even land foot on the Leviathan

Aura to raise the epeen of your guardian.

Minty_Freshness

Neo Member
The air r2 is Link's down + a from smash

it's really fucking good too. One of the very, very few times I am jealous of a Titan.

Ugggghh, I deleted/infused it into something before I realized it was semi-unique. Wish I could get it back from Cayde.

Hoping they patch that in. Or that I get lucky with an engram/drop.

The same can be said for the raid, my friends are 303 without even land foot on the Leviathan

I mean, there's the whole raid armor/weapon set. That's something. Prestige Nightfall gives you the exact same rewards as completing the regular one.

Aura to raise the epeen of your guardian.

It's ugly af by the way. Didn't D1 have cooler looking effects for completing nightfall ?

dcassell

Banned
Quick question:

Is there any way to do the raid if I can really only put in like 3 hours of play a night? I know my progress stays during the week, but if I queue with 5 other randoms, how does their progress save? Will I need to find five people who can also just do that schedule every night until we win?

Having a career and a life makes this raid hard, haha

AaronMT86

Quick question:

Is there any way to do the raid if I can really only put in like 3 hours of play a night? I know my progress stays during the week, but if I queue with 5 other randoms, how does their progress save? Will I need to find five people who can also just do that schedule every night until we win?

Having a career and a life makes this raid hard, haha

At the end of each encounter you get a checkpoint.

Just say you need to step out with your randoms.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
vortex-ps4-full-view-1024x841.jpg

I've been using 10 but I use KontrolFreeks analog covers so it's sorta designed for it. They're actually nice if you play lots of console FPS.

I've been thinking about getting some stick covers, all this Destiny movement is giving my a sore left thumb from all the moving forward. Are those different heights?

VexyWexy

So I decided to poke around in the
underbelly to see what chests I could do solo
only to find my keys have disappeared. I didn't create a new character or anything. Wonderful.

So I decided to poke around in the
underbelly
to see what chests I could do solo
only to find my keys have disappeared. I didn't create a new character or anything. Wonderful.
They're gone after the weekly reset. Was that it?

Destiny has a huge problem right now with content rewards.

Crazy because D1 somehow figured it out.

I've been thinking about getting some stick covers, all this Destiny movement is giving my a sore left thumb from all the moving forward. Are those different heights?

The pictured ones are the one I use, Vortex. They're mostly for sniping type gameplay, and the right stick is very high up.

They do produce a Destiny specific cover, where they're both the same height. Its all a matter of preference, the theory is that higher stick increases the range of movement. Depends on your playstyle and game of choice.

so with the new feature of not having to equip the best armor when decrypting engrams, can i store my best gear in the vault and still get the proper drops?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Tip for Prestige nightfall - run 3 striker titans would double pulse grenades.

Bonus if you have a good rocket launcher to clear ads and one-shot the hobgoblins.

Very frustrated.... Got "lucky" enough to get three exotics so far in 30 min.... One drop, one from flashpoint, one from a turn in... EVERY SINGLE ONE was the ACD/0 FEEDBACK FENCE.... Wtf

Top Bottom