• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC |OT| Uncapped Framerates

WipedOut

Streams are looking good. I have D2 for PC and it looks great... But I can't fathom doing the story all over again. 3 x 305 on PS4, I'm holding out hope for character transfers happen someday soon.

CSJ

My only issue is the loud music compared to everything else, I want to turn it down but can't.
It's either on or off.

Just a heads up but the game seems to crash on startup with some AMD Phenom processors. Friend can't play and I'm seeing others having the same issue on the Bungie forums.

So I just made it to the farm and no one from the clan is showing up in my roster. In fact, no one is even spawning in the farm at all. Is this happening for anyone else?

Curious to hear performance impressions from those who played the beta.

Anything better/worse?

It's a complete night and day difference for me. It runs so smoothly I almost cant believe it. Compared to the demo that kept crashing and couldn't hold a steady framerate for me that is. I have a 1080 and a 6600k and am playing on a 21:9 monitor at 3440x1440 and all settings maxed. Getting a smooth 60fps so far with no dips.

BadAss2961

Just played through the intro to The Farm. Holy shit, this is a whole different ballgame from the consoles. Performance is ace too.

My only issue is how to get RTSS to work with this game. I thought I saw people with it working in the Beta.

deoee

THanks_fb_28684.jpg

chinoXL

Just played through the intro to The Farm. Holy shit, this is a whole different ballgame from the consoles. Performance is ace too.

My only issue is how to get RTSS to work with this game. I thought I saw people with it working in the Beta.

They aren't allowing any overlay apps to run with Destiny 2 from what I read today. I'm using the built in FPS counter since my normal one wouldn't run. haven't tried Riva myself yet tho

TheTurboFD

Is it me or is there no point in ADS on PC compared to PS4? I'm hitting headshots long range without even touching my right click.

Is it me or is there no point in ADS on PC compared to PS4? I'm hitting headshots long range without even touching my right click.

You still need to control the recoil on semi automatic weapons so ADS helps. On console ADS gets you better aim assist, that's no longer necessary on PC so it explains the difference.

kingbean

I've yet to have to use it on anything other than a sniper rifle. I love it. I'm sure in the harder areas and against better players in PVP it will be more beneficial, but for now I'll keep jumping around shootin' from the hip all quake style.

Hale_C

Performance is smooth, but it's jaggy town @ 1080p and I'm pining for some better AA- anyone know of any solutions other than increasing the render scale? It's a performance hog and still leaves lots of shimmering.

jabuseika

I was thinking of picking this game up. Will I miss out on a lot of content if I prefer to play on my own?

Was just about to ask this.

The thing I like about Warframe, it's how easy I can just jump in and it'll matchmake me with 4 others, for the mission I want to do.

Is it the same with Destiny 2? or do I have to add people and set up a team before missions?

Edit: is the Matchmaking automatic? or is there any set up?

gspec

Was just about to ask this.

The thing I like about Warframe, it's how easy I can just jump in and it'll matchmake me with 4 others, for the mission I want to do.

Is it the same with Destiny 2? or do I have to add people and set up a team before missions?

Edit: is the Matchmaking automatic? or is there any set up?

No. Matchmaking is only available for strikes and crucible not story missions, nightfall, or raids.

There is guided games for nightfall and raids but it is not a true matchmaking or at least a full matchmaking system.

You will need to contact other players in the game to join your fireteam or you join their fireteam.

Meccs

Did they remove the aim bot controller thing for the PC release?

To the solo question: I have only played the first game and it was extremely, mind numbingly boring if you don't play it with friends (imho).

I would love to double dip and enjoy the all the frames, but my Destiny buddy is on Xbox one.
Fellow pc friends, enjoy the game in all its glory - I have to stay behind.

I don't know if its the fault of the new nvidia driver, but I'm unable to go above 30fps now, and HDR is broken.

When I turn my nvidia settings above 30 hz, it freaks out and goes all green and pink on me

wtf

Edit: receiver freaked out, had to hard reboot but it's fine

Top Bottom