• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny 2 PC |OT| Uncapped Framerates

D

Deleted member 325805

Unconfirmed Member
I just hit level 10 and yeah, first impressions are really good. I'm playing co-op with two friends and we're all enjoying it. No real complaints as of yet, it runs, looks, plays and sounds great.

Game runs great on PC. Such a nice improvement over the console versions.

It's going to be hard to make time for each platform.

The plus side is that I can "work" and play Destiny now.

k6DjxaXh.jpg

jabuseika

No. Matchmaking is only available for strikes and crucible not story missions, nightfall, or raids.

There is guided games for nightfall and raids but it is not a true matchmaking or at least a full matchmaking system.

You will need to contact other players in the game to join your fireteam or you join their fireteam.

Ah thank you.

Well time to see if I can get a group together.

SRTtoZ

Fuck it pulled the trigger on the Deluxe at greenmangaming. I'm weak.

Hope my 1070 takes this shit to town at 1080p.

Anyone having any issues with hdr and windows 10 creators update? Still on the way home from work so havent tested on my big screen yet.

SRTtoZ

FYI for anyone that wants to use a controller on PC it looks like Bungie kept aim assist around. Wasn't sure they would after all the complaining but I'm okay with that as I like to play with the Elite controller once in a while for maximum comfort.

SRTtoZ

Question: Is Destiny 2 primarily a coop game/can the campaign be played coop in it's entirety?

Almost everything if not everything can be played Coop, and a lot of the game can be done solo minus the big stuff like raids, strikes etc.

Only thing stopping me from double dipping is character transfer. Would love to jump between PS4 and PC.

I assume there is some restriction being on PSN though as part of it versus Battle.net but not really sure about that.

I really don't want to grind twice I don't have enough time for that to be honest.

DLC foreshadowing?

[2nd planet spoiler]
Certainly not the first one if it is, since Osiris is focused around Mercury. I don't think there's a Warmind on Titan either, though I could be wrong. In the Utopia mission though you drop down under sea level and if you wait can see the silhouette of a giant sea creature pass by.

visceral

Neo Member
Was really excited to start playing earlier this morning but I can't make it past the character selection screen without the game crashing. Looks like its a widespread issue related to (older?) AMD processors. Bungie help is supposedly looking into it but there's no timeframe as of yet and it's a bit frustrating as the beta played fine.

Sorry, just ranting :( Anyone else in the same boat?

Bustanen

I don't know if its the fault of the new nvidia driver, but I'm unable to go above 30fps now, and HDR is broken.

When I turn my nvidia settings above 30 hz, it freaks out and goes all green and pink on me

wtf
What's your resolution? HDR works only in 1080p and 4K. Is your cable HDMI 2.0?

Anyone having any issues with hdr and windows 10 creators update? Still on the way home from work so havent tested on my big screen yet.
No works fine in this game.

deoee

The ๖ۜBronx;252819999 said:
Certainly not the first one if it is, since Osiris is focused around Mercury. I don't think there's a Warmind on Titan either, though I could be wrong. In the Utopia mission though you drop down under sea level and if you wait can see the silhouette of a giant sea creature pass by.

You happen to have a video of that?
Must have missed it :)

Also aren't you retrieving some kind of CPU on Titan?

You happen to have a video of that?
Must have missed it :)

Also aren't you retrieving some kind of CPU on Titan?
No video, but as and when you replay the mission it's the area you collect the orb from, where you drop down to that circular platform from the grate. You're under sea level then and the large green walls are windows into the ocean. If you hang around you can see the monster pass by.

Blam

The ๖ۜBronx;252820404 said:
No video, but as and when you replay the mission it's the area you collect the orb from, where you drop down to that circular platform from the grate. You're under sea level then and the large green walls are windows into the ocean. If you hang around you can see the monster pass by.

So you're telling me that I can fucking fight a
giant squid
?

Chief_Mitch

It just looks and feels absolutely glorious! I am so stoked! haha! :D Cant wait to get back home tonight and continue throwing back the darkness!

Chief_Mitch

Fuck it pulled the trigger on the Deluxe at greenmangaming. I'm weak.

Hope my 1070 takes this shit to town at 1080p.

You wont have a problem in the world. My Ryzen 1600 and 1070 is running it at 1080p on max settings, locked to 60fps. (haven't tested how much further the fps can go...)

SRTtoZ

You wont have a problem in the world. My Ryzen 1600 and 1070 is running it at 1080p on max settings, locked to 60fps. (haven't tested how much further the fps can go...)

Awesome! It finished donwloading with my new 300/300 internet speeds but now I'm catching up on the backstory of D1, so I'll be playing in an hour.

Not sure if I need to do this but I joined the social link and here is my battlenet id SRTtoZ#1579

Do I need an invite to a clan or something? or is the social link all I need?

greelay

Anyone know what kind of performance one would get with GTX 760 and an i5 4440. Running at 1080p. Can I get 30 fps on medium settings?

Edit: Just realized that there is an infinitely better place to ask this (in the performance thread).

Edit: 2

Um I thought this game wasn't supposed to run ay 4k 60fps with all settings maxed out on a 1080 ti? Every single sequence I've played thus far including the first earth location with a bunch of other guardians running around has not resulted in any frame drops below 60 (vsync)

5820k with 1080ti ftw3 here, btw.

Edit: thanks for confirming hdr works. Looks great.

Edit 2: I had DoF on high as opposed to highest. It's the only setting that results in < 60 fps

Gamespawn

I kinda want to get this, but I fell behind on the expansions last time. Maybe if I can get in on a good deal during the holidays.

Kimawolf

So Destiny fans... I have never played the game but I AM curious... Tell me is this more of a full on multiplayer only game or does it have a robust single player?

The &#3670;&#1756;Bronx;252819999 said:

:eek:rehound MyNameIsByf seems to think it's an Ahamkara - dragon-like creatures of the darkness that Guardians supposedly hunted to extinction. They're referenced in a few item names/descriptions

CrazyHal

Gtx 1080 here with latest drivers. I'm having frame rate drops in the open area on earth. Even by lowering some setting, i get between 3 to 10 frames drop. I don't think that's normal.

MrBenchmark

Gtx 1080 here with latest drivers. I'm having frame rate drops in the open area on earth. Even by lowering some setting, i get between 3 to 10 frames drop. I don't think that's normal.

the trostland? during events? that area kills the frames on console version during events.

Top Bottom