• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT| Home of Frabjous Guardians

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got a vita and I'm still go thorugh it's games and it's easing the wait. TxK is great, and you know what ps All Stars got a raw deal the mutiplayer is really fun. I saw the remote play controls for Destiny and they're really smart, having played Velocity 2X for a bit the touch to teleport works fantastically. touch to melee/grenade (I think?) sounds pretty smart.

SnakeEyes

Banned
Also we are now 96 passengers strong!
YOU DIDN'T INCLUDE ME AGAIN?!

I'm starting to feel like you're doing it on purpose now...

Take a shot whenever someone cancels their pre-order
tumblr_inline_n63bmyQkw71qa7k0a.gif

WITHE1982

How many posts are you supposed to have before that unlocks?

300 and 3 months as a member IIRC.

It's been rumoured that if you get a ban as a junior it's a perma-ban but I picked up one after a month and still got upgraded.

You'll be one in no time given your activity lately.

I saw the remote play controls for Destiny and they're really smart, having played Velocity 2X for a bit the touch to teleport works fantastically. touch to melee/grenade (I think?) sounds pretty smart.

I played roughly 50% of the Alpha and Beta on my Vita and it was absolutely fantastic. One you get used to pressing down on the d-pad to run you'll find it's the best remote play game so far. I love the fact that they've not used the rear pad as IMHO it's terrible to use.

It's not really any good for PVP given the screen size but you can PVE to your hearts content without too much difference in quality.

Agent

OMG...I just went to the Ghost PS4 listing on Amazon and it said it was available, I clicked add to cart as fast as I could and made the purchase. What is the likelihood of this actually going through and working? The fact it says it can't give a delivery estimate doesn't give me a reassuring feeling, but when I clicked buy it did say it would be delivered on September 11 as the estimate. If this actually works hype level will be over 9000.

v9yzOLA.jpg

Fitts

I think knowing that Bungie is deliberately holding back lots of information makes me alright eating up all the info that does get released. Official info, that is.

That's a really good point. There are definitely a ton of question marks lingering -- and we're under two days from release!

An aside, considering that we already know a ton about the game I really don't understand how anyone could believe that Destiny will be lacking content. If one is only attracted to the story or only attracted to PVP I could understand, but taking it as a package I foresee hundreds upon hundreds of hours of gameplay. I'm even (sadly) skipping some previous must-buys like Bayonetta 2 because I know I won't have enough time to invest in it at launch.

OMG...I just went to the Ghost PS4 listing on Amazon and it said it was available, I clicked add to cart as fast as I could and made the purchase. What is the likelihood of this actually going through and working? The fact it says it can't give a delivery estimate doesn't give me a reassuring feeling, but when I clicked buy it did say it would be delivered on September 11 as the estimate. If this actually works hype level will be over 9000.

v9yzOLA.jpg

I'm in the same boat and super skeptical right now.

300 and 3 months as a member IIRC.

It's been rumoured that if you get a ban as a junior it's a perma-ban but I picked up one after a month and still got upgraded.

115 posts and 4 years a member here. Someday.
:p

Anyways... Amazon. If you're listening (and yes I am personifying an entire company), please ship now. My F5... oh gosh it's breaking.

Another question for ya'll, has Destiny made you change your approach to pre-release info? I'm normally one to go on a complete blackout as soon as I'm sold on a game as I like to go in as blind as possible, but this game has just been... different. Maybe it's because the game feel is far and away what interests me most about it and I've already gotten hands-on at this point, but it's strange to find myself actively seeking any shred of info I can prior to release. Heck, since the Destiny alpha I've even found myself reading articles about games that I wouldn't have prior to it.

My viewing of Bloodborne previews has me most concerned at the moment. If I have anything spoiled I know I'll regret it...

Pretty much all I do these days is watch Destiny videos and walkthroughs on the YouTube app.

Is the Vanguard armoury in every copy in the case or is it a separate thing you get when you pick up your preorder?

Gamestop has the upgraded sparrow too but that code will just be on the receipt they said.

MXRider

I still don't know which character class to choose. I was Hunter in the beta but I think I might want to change.

Any help/recommendations?

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I wont Join any party until i see the first cutscene of the game.
Yeah, I'm gonna play solo for the first bit, I think. I love multiplayer and co-op, but I want to take the beginning slow and savor every morsel.

Marvel

could never
I still don't know which character class to choose. I was Hunter in the beta but I think I might want to change.

Any help/recommendations?

When I first booted up the Alpha I created 3 characters, each a different class, played about 45 minutes to an hour to get a taste and went from there.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
I think the OT is too filled with optimism to find naysayers in here. There all out they're in the old russia threads of the Destiny topics on gaf right now. threads like the top 40 hit "why is everyone so excited for destiny?"
I'm feeling pretty iffy about the game. I think there's a pretty decent chance it'll be mediocre. But hell, I hope it's amazing! I want more gorgeous sci-fi art and inspiration in my vidya games.

TDawgTommy

Neo Member
Well I decided to go to Dallas to visit the lady friend today and tomorrow to keep my mind off things...

...but the drive home Monday night is going to be wicked awful :(

Kane1345

When I first booted up the Alpha I created 3 characters, each a different class, played about 45 minutes to an hour to get a taste and went from there.

This is honestly the best advice.

Asking "what's the best class?" in here is asking for a royal rumble of one liners and propaganda

Respect

Well I decided to go to Dallas to visit the lady friend today and tomorrow to keep my mind off things...

...but the drive home Monday night is going to be wicked awful :(

I just read your spoiler with a Boston accent.

Edit: Spelling is hard for me sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom