• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT20| HoW Comes, No Raid?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Really nice!

Didn't they clarify that Etheric Light will be available from the IB vendor at Ranks 3 and Ranks 5 (likely as a one time purchase option) rather than it "dropping"?

It has a *Chance* to drop at those ranks/get it through a package during those ranks.

Which reminds me, the other thing getting revealed tomorrow is the new strike. Hopefully they talk about the new strike playlist(s) along with it, and any associated changes to strike rewards.

Since they added performance based rewards for crucible, hopefully they do the same for strikes.

ich00

Yeah, with you, the late team is full. Unless someone from the early team bails between now and 8:30E, in which case LTWood12 would slide into the early team.

Please do take over admin duties for the late team. I leave it in your capable hands.

Sounds good I'll shoot a post out in a few to confirm with everyone.

Also thanks for organizing this everyweek. I know this has made my raiding life a lot easier as I'm sure it has for others. Plus getting to raid with the same people every week makes things much more fun than trying to piece together a group at the last minute.

okay i think i'm all caught up. these aren't official or anything but hopefully they make the information easy to digest. lemme know if you guys like this format.

ofvsxVB.gif

EVRV53v.png

aTL85kY.gif

7dAjmmz.gif

vsat0Ym.png
dude, that infographic is as pro as your crucible skills!

Mindlog

Great post Hawkian! Poor man's endgame build at 13 SC and 75 marks is a welcome sight :)

Your post made me wonder though:

Is there any current must-have Vendor weapon? Like a weapon with such a nice stats/perks combo from the Vendor that it's worth owning+ascending instead of getting a future gun we can re roll. Maybe the Judgment shotgun from NM? Tips welcome! I can't even play until I buy a TV but I can have my little brother log in and buy me whatever is needed :p
This is a great question.
The Saterienne Rapier (Curcible) is popular, but will take a back seat to an upgraded Fatebringer.
The LDR Sniper Rifle (Vanguard) is a solid all around weapon.
Crucible Vendor sells Hunter Gauntlets with Int and Dis with +Handgun Reload. Very potent combination.
Three Little Words is a very potent Pulse Rifle with strong perk roll.

Probably could use some in-depth Burning Shrine discussion as well. I'm almost certain that my loadout is going to be Vex, Final Round Spear, and Gjallarhorn.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Great post Hawkian! Poor man's endgame build at 13 SC and 75 marks is a welcome sight :)

Your post made me wonder though:

Is there any current must-have Vendor weapon? Like a weapon with such a nice stats/perks combo from the Vendor that it's worth owning+ascending instead of getting a future gun we can re roll. Maybe the Judgment shotgun from NM? Tips welcome! I can't even play until I buy a TV but I can have my little brother log in and buy me whatever is needed :p
Thanks again for that build blueprint! :)

Good question. I am less familiar with the Faction (DO, NM, FWC) vendors because I don't have them leveled, so I'm not sure so much about those. I've heard yes on that Judgment shotty, as well as The Chance from the FWC vendor.

The Two To The Morgue from the Crucible vendor is excellent, especially for PvE (Void, Crowd Control). The Vanguard LDR 5001 is a solid Arc sniper with Armor-Piercing rounds, making it an excellent choice for Crota ogres and Swordbearer. The Saterienne Rapier is also a fantastic all around Scout with Firefly and Outlaw (same perk configuration as Fatebringer).

edit: Curse you Mindlog. Three Little Words is definitely a great callout though, and excellent point on the gauntlets.

Those slideshow gifv's are mad classy Zoba.

Boguester I thought that content he put together was for the HoW thread, not for this OT?

took forever to figure out how to do the last two. there was too much information and i didn't want to make them any wider.

hope prison of elders is rather simple to explain...for my sake

Lima

We still don't have any idea if using a commendation gives faction rep right? Just how hard can it be to answer this simple question?

Deku Tree

We still don't have any idea if using a commendation gives faction rep right? Just how hard can it be to answer this simple question?

Why wouldn't it? Everything else in the game does that... Just equip your faction class item and consume the commendation.

ocean

Banned
This is a great question.
The Saterienne Rapier (Curcible) is popular, but will take a back seat to an upgraded Fatebringer.
The LDR Sniper Rifle (Vanguard) is a solid all around weapon.
Crucible Vendor sells Hunter Gauntlets with Int and Dis with +Handgun Reload. Very potent combination.
Three Little Words is a very potent Pulse Rifle with strong perk roll.

Probably could use some in-depth Burning Shrine discussion as well. I'm almost certain that my loadout is going to be Vex, Final Round Spear, and Gjallarhorn.

Thanks again for that build blueprint! :)

Good question. I am less familiar with the Faction (DO, NM, FWC) vendors because I don't have them leveled, so I'm not sure so much about those. I've heard yes on that Judgment shotty, as well as The Chance from the FWC vendor.

The Two To The Morgue from the Crucible vendor is excellent, especially for PvE (Void, Crowd Control). The Vanguard LDR 5001 is a solid Arc sniper with Armor-Piercing rounds, making it an excellent choice for Crota ogres and Swordbearer. The Saterienne Rapier is also a fantastic all around Scout with Firefly and Outlaw (same perk configuration as Fatebringer).

edit: Curse you Mindlog. Three Little Words is definitely a great callout though, and excellent point on the gauntlets.
Thanks guys :) I have all of these except 3LW (can't stand Pulse Rifles) and Judgment VI which I really should get. It fires faster and has better range than Felwinter's and comes with Shot Package from the vendor.

ocean

Banned
If you're willing to gamble one assuming you have many, use the mobile companion app to transfer 1 from the vault to a character. Crazy that there's no way to select the amount of items you wanna store / withdraw in game, but luckily the app allows it.

That said, I doubt it'll give rep before HoW.

RetroMG

Okay, I've done enough homework for now. Who wants to play Destiny?

Looking to run NM DS + Crota x3. If someone has a checkpoint, that would be neato, otherwise we'll start with a fresh run and then go around 3 times.

1. RetroMG
2. CannedHeat
3. Atone1382
4. hedera_

Looking to run NM DS + Crota x3. If someone has a checkpoint, that would be neato, otherwise we'll start with a fresh run and then go around 3 times.

1. RetroMG

You can add me to the list-CannedHeat(BreezyLimbo).

Atone13

1. RetroMG
2. CannedHeat

I'm good for one run, not in game at the moment but can hop in when the group fills up. psn atone1382

Hedera

1. RetroMG
2. CannedHeat
3. Atone1382
4. hedera_
Added myself!

1. RetroMG
2. CannedHeat
3. Atone1382

I'm in. I'll turn on my PS4 and then I should be ready to go.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

Soloed the NF, got 12 Ass Energy.

bungie pls

In 2 weeks that can be glimmer.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thank you sir. Edit: And thanks to Hawkian and Ghaleon too.

I don't know how this would work in Destiny, but in FFXIV (and I'm sure they weren't the first to do this) there's a thing called Party Finder. It's a step up from the matchmaking service in the game (Duty Finder). Basically you can create a party listing, state the content you're trying to clear, and then designate the class and level you want your potential recruits to be. Then it posts it in the Party Finder menu for other people to join on. This seems like an idea Destiny could benefit from, but the implementation might be a bit difficult. For one, Party Finder in XIV only allows you to recruit on your own server. This is obviously a much smaller population than the entirety of Destiny players on a given platform. It would be neat to see it though. They could throw a new area of the Tower for it in there like a cafe or bar or something and add to the social element of the Tower beyond kicking a light up balloon at each other.

That is my armchair game design post for the day. Obviously it is brilliant and there is nothing that would get in the way of implementing such a feature.
This is exactly the kind of system the game needs btw :)

RetroMG

I'm in. I'll turn on my PS4 and then I should be ready to go.

PSN - Dr_LawyerCop

1. RetroMG
2. CannedHeat
3. Atone1382
4. hedera_
5. Dr_LawyerCop

Okay, we just need one more. I'll start doing invites.

1. RetroMG
2. CannedHeat
3. Atone1382
4. hedera_
5. Dr_LawyerCop

I can start solo'ing the lamps. Should be at the bridge by the time everyone gets in.

ich00

Alrightly 9:30 crew, here's stb's itinerary, which we can adjust however we need to. I put some questions next to most items to see how everyone wants to progess. We can skip the HM gorgon if we want to do VoG runs from the Oracles. Let me know what you all think and what CP's we have.

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this / want this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this / just do this as part of the Oracles/Templar?)
- 1x NM CE full (do we need/want to do this if we have a cp for the deathsinger?)
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 3x Atheon kill
- fresh HM VoG Spire - Confluxes (do we want to do this?)
- Oracles/Templar x3 ?? (do we have a cp for this?)

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
3) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep)
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) [not on GAF, but on LTWood12's and stb's PSN friend lists]
5) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [if the early team stays full]
6) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)

Anastasis

1. RetroMG
2. CannedHeat
3. Atone1382
4. hedera_
5. Dr_LawyerCop

I've only run it a few times, have a 31 Titan and 30 Hunter. If you'll have me, PSN: vernonhillz

Frostburn

So after Gjallarhorn finally dropped for me this morning, there are only 4 exotic weapons I still need:

1. Hawkmoon ( WHY RNGESUS, WHY???!!!)
2. Truth (Wasn't playing when Xur last sold it)
3. Patience and Time (Same as Truth)
4. Necrocasm (#ForeverNoCrux)

Also still missing 7 pieces of exotic armor! Here is my complete collection actually:

http://destinyexotics.com/?share=IzAMIjzSt+ElNG4XrCpkuacxKaXNZU1EIAA=

That RNG, I've gotten about 9 Hawkmoons, maybe a bit more since day 1 and still not a single Gjallarhorn for me. No Crux yet or 4th Horseman but the game is very content to give me plenty of exotics I don't want any more of.

Alrightly 9:30 crew, here's stb's itinerary, which we can adjust however we need to. I put some questions next to most items to see how everyone wants to progess. We can skip the HM gorgon if we want to do VoG runs from the Oracles. Let me know what you all think and what CP's we have.

Itinerary
- Gorgon's chest NM (anyone have this / want this?)
- Gorgon's chest HM (anyone have this / just do this as part of the Oracles/Templar?)
- 1x NM CE full (do we need/want to do this if we have a cp for the deathsinger?)
- 3x NM Deathsinger and Crota kill
- 3x Atheon kill
- fresh HM VoG Spire - Confluxes (do we want to do this?)
- Oracles/Templar x3 ?? (do we have a cp for this?)

Team 2: 9:30 PM Eastern
1) ich00 (PSN ichabod00)
2) schwagger15 (PSN spyder_ur)
3) Deku Tree (PSN DekuBleep)
4) T-44 (PSN T-44) [not on GAF, but on LTWood12's and stb's PSN friend lists]
5) LTWood12 (PSN LTWOOD12) [if the early team stays full]
6) kazeshini (PSN rasengan1337)

i'd prefer to just do DS/Crota, but it doesn't matter that much, frankly, as the first two parts are quick.
I don't have the gorgon's chest, yet, either.

thanks for getting us organized!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom