• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT27| Nerf Herders

I wonder what the BWU will discuss.

lemme sum it up!

"as we prepare for the upcomming 2.0 update and taken king, watch these videos of warlocks wrecking n teh crucible. stay tuned for more info"

hopefully the release schedule of the TTK twitch streams.

last time they had goth, broman, and triplewreck. it would be nice to see some other faces. maybe datto, holtzman from planet destiny and our very own Jason schrier

Crota newbie run then HM Crota CP for the Triumph

Starting as soon as everyones on and need 1 more

1) Me
2) anx10us
3) Liamc723
4) DjRalford
5) rlench?
6) klyka1

Can you all add me, PSN same as here

Daemul

I swear I heard somewhere that blink was getting nerfed to where it takes a second to ready your weapon right after you come out of blink.

Blink is meant to be being made less frustrating but nothing has been said about how it will be changed. I like that idea though, since the major problem with blink on Bladedancers is that with Quickdraw they can have their weapon ready the moment they leave Blink and kill someone before that person even has a chance to react. It's why Blink Shotgun is much more effective on Bladedancers than it is on Voidwalkers, because at least with Voidwalkers you have a chance of getting out of shotgun range or killing them before they can get at you.

One good way to nerf Blink isn't to nerf it directly but to remove the direct source of what makes it so good, take Quickdraw away from Bladedancers and give it to Gunslingers like what should have happened in the first place, because one class having both Blink and Quickdraw is ridiculous. Quickdraw makes much more sense on Gunslingers anyway with the whole Wild West thing.

I'm still bitter about deleting the OG scarf you start with.

I've been wearing the walkie talkie cloak a lot lately. I think it's actually called unbelievably old cloak.
Yeah it sucks how we can't get that one back. I'm keeping it on my alt account now along with all of the starter armor.

What sucks even more is that there's at least two clones of that scarf in the database but, like many other common items in the game, they go unused and have no recorded stat values.

I kbow I am going to earn myself a lot of hate for saying this, but... Am I the only one who thinks that the TTK weapons they have shown look hideous? As something that came out of a 3d printer.

I don't know, I liked the originals, with its complex look. The new ones feel symplistic in design.

Let me know what you think of it.

On my Z3 it runs like trash.

I just downloaded it on my z3. Hopefully my experience does not mirror yours.

lemme sum it up!

"as we prepare for the upcomming 2.0 update and taken king, watch these videos of warlocks wrecking n teh crucible. stay tuned for more info"

last time they had goth, broman, and triplewreck. it would be nice to see some other faces. maybe datto, holtzman from planet destiny and our very own Jason schrier

I think it will be stream schedules. I didn't even think of it until you and someone last page suggested it.

Klyka

Banned
Crota newbie run then HM Crota CP for the Triumph

Starting as soon as everyones on and need 1 more

1) Me
2) anx10us
3) Liamc723
4) DjRalford
5) rlench?
6)

Can you all add me, PSN same as here

I only need Crota HM but I could help with normal Crota if you can't find anyone.
PSN Klyka1

Dinner with the Double Dutch Destroyers!

LhouGHH.jpg

So cool.... feels good to see you guys together..
hope to see soon death Jr. in your home land :)

Let me know what you think of it.

On my Z3 it runs like trash.

I have an S4 and so far it's OK. It took about half a minute for it to load up (It first displayed the bungie.net screen and converted it into an app screen). It's kind of clunky but I can move around ok.

I want to make a list of what I have first because I'm super paranoid haha. Then I'll create loadouts and test them.

EDIT: I do like how they divide your vault/char into categories (armor/gauntlet/class items/mats/shaders/etc.)

E92 M3

I kbow I am going to earn myself a lot of hate for saying this, but... Am I the only one who thinks that the TTK weapons they have shown look hideous? As something that came out of a 3d printer.

I don't know, I liked the originals, with its complex look. The new ones feel symplistic in design.

They haven't shown a lot and we definitely did not see any of the raid weapons.

I bet Cayde-6 is a gunslinger!. you know, becasue firefly. maybe he'll not only be in cutscenes,wouldn't it be cool if on a mission he shows up to help.

lemme sum it up!

It would be really cool to see DestinyGAF being recognized as a Destiny community.

LordofPwn

Time to start prep work.

Step 1: finish leveling all exotics
Step 2: Strange Coins. only have 1 right now.
Step 3: get rep close. includes getting to house judgment rank 3
Step 4: Finish all missions on the rest of my characters
Step 5: Pre-Order the Taken King
Step 6: ???
Step 7: Profit.

It would be really cool to see DestinyGAF being recognized as a Destiny community.

it would be awesome, but since Deej hates us, I wouldn't hold my breathe. But it would be great if some like drizz or Gheloen (he does have a gun named after him, that you can only get in a mode he never plays lol). I think Jason would be the closest but since hes a journalist it might be seen as a conflict of interest, even though hes an avid player. They usually put up streamers

it would be awesome, but since Deej hates us, I wouldn't hold my breathe. But it would be great if some like drizz or Gheloen (he does have a gun named after him, that you can only get in a mode he never plays lol). I think Jason would be the closest but since hes a journalist it might be seen as a conflict of interest, even though hes an avid player. They usually put up streamers

When did Deej say he hates us?

Is Ghaleon's Demise really named after our very own EB?

Time to start prep work.

Step 1: finish leveling all exotics
Step 2: Strange Coins. only have 1 right now.
Step 3: get rep close. includes getting to house judgment rank 3
Step 4: Finish all missions on the rest of my characters
Step 5: Pre-Order the Taken King
Step 6: ???
Step 7: Profit.

my prep has been to store 10 5k bounties on all characters and have 20 PE packages in at the postmaster. that way I can hopefully be about level 36 or so right the taken king drops. although ill probably wait til crack them until I get the new subclass

deoee

So I'm lvl 33 now, got an etheric light, and two 42 light armor pieces. My chest and boots are still 36 light.
Best thing to do would be a) wait for Xur and see what Engram / Armor he sells, get this and ascend the other armor piece
b) wait till next reset, do the 32 PoE and buy armor, ascend the remaining one.

Amirite?

Tecnniqe

Banned
So I'm lvl 33 now, got an etheric light, and two 42 light armor pieces. My chest and boots are still 36 light.
Best thing to do would be a) wait for Xur and see what Engram / Armor he sells, get this and ascend the other armor piece

Amirite?

1) Wait until tomorrow
2) Profit

Amirite?

I think PoE armor next week is going to be chest, but if Xur is selling an exotic chest or boots you should go for it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Tonight's CE raid has open spots. One of our attendees tonight is a 10 year old, so do try and keep the chat PG-rated please!

Thursday, 8/13/15 - 9:00PM EST - Crota's End - Normal - Sign Up Here (4 spots left)

These are weekly raids available to all, but intended for newbies. Bring your highest leveled character, your best weapon, and your most patient self! All encounters will be explained (quickly, but still) as though it was a brand new group, so please be willing to listen. The only restriction on attendance is that participants shouldn't come two weeks in row, just to allow many different GAF Guardians to cycle through. There is no pressure to understand anything before having it explained, and no pointing fingers when things break down. We will laugh at ourselves when we wipe, and then do better the next attempt.

During Crota's End newbie raids, participants are welcome to try out the Sword against Crota if desired, but no one is required to do so. Instructions will follow upon reaching the Crota checkpoint.

Minimum level for Vault of Glass Normal is 26.
Minimum level for Crota's End is 29/31 for running the sword.

They'll be good for wrecking noobs in the Crucible but the good players will dance around that shit all day. Here's the thing, stuff like Lightening grenades only work if you're facing people stupid enough to walk into them or stay in them once you throw it to them, they won't do shit against people who know how to play, and the Sunbreaker and Stormcaller supers, whilst cool looking and perfect for trash mob kills, won't be effective in sweaties where teams don't group up together like idiots and you have people who have experience in avoiding mobile supers.

It's the reason why you never see Gunslingers being used despite the fact that they have a super which can kill someone safely from across the room and explode to kill even more people, that shit just doesn't work when you have people who have mastered the art of teleporting all around you and kill you before you even get a chance to use it, or people chucking a bullshit grenade that burns you for days and kills you whilst they're hiding safely behind a damn wall.

Seriously, there's so much bullshit in this game.

As a gunslinger im kind of offended. Of the ~4 supers i get every control/clash match i normally get a quad kill in 2 of them and a double or triple kill on the other two. Occasionally i'll die right after popping Golden Gun but its when i'm being reckless. You just gotta know when/where to use it. Like to not fucking challenge an entire team looking at you. Now if i was playing trials i would probably shift to Bladedancer because of the grenade/blink/quickdraw.

Edit: this post may be useless after rereading the beggining of your post lol. You are talking about top players?

deoee

Man, Hard Light is a cool as fuck weapon.

The looks, the sound, the feel, it's totally boss.

You still playing today? ;D

Edit:

Raid talk reminds me: I still need HM Crota first half. I just did the Boss and nothing else on that mode :|
So there's still loot to get!

Anyone doing something?

chur

Amirite?
You should wait until reset. Xur selling an exotic chest tomorrow won't help since now you'll need to ascend a helmet to replace the exotic you had on.

Amirite?

Yea you're limited by a schedule anyways so lucky for you, that would be the correct order.

1) See what Xur has tomorrow. If he has either Chest or Boots, Get that Exotic and ascend the other. (Or gamble with exotic engrams )
2) If Xur doesn't have either Chest or Boots for sale and no engram of that type, or you don't get it via gambling, then it's best to wait until Tuesday. Even then, I'd see what stats they were if you care about that. If you're satisfied with it then you can go for it on Tuesday.

Otherwise Step 3) Play Nightfall for a chance at an etheric light.
If that doesn't work, Step 4) Play PoE 34 for an etheric light or Trials on Friday.
Step 5) Restart from Step 1

EDIT: I just found out you already have Nightfall for your helmet so you only have steps 2 through 4

Wait until Tuesday and:
1) Do nightfall, maybe get an etheric light (Can skip to step 2, if you want)
2) Do PoE 32 for Armor Core and Buy Variks chest/boots if that's what they are, hopefully. If so, ascend the other.
3) If he's not selling chest/boots and you didn't get an ELight from NF, do a PoE 34 to get one and PROFIT

long since specualted but never confirmed. he gets alot of flack on gamer side. and luke and urk have both posted here. Deej tends to stay at reddit

If true it's hilarious that the named weapon, Gheleon's Demise, is a single shot semi-automatic rifle with a scope of >2x just like another quite infamous one.

I'd have named a Pulse Rifle with a 2.0x scope after him, Gheleon's Retort, but maybe that's because I like the guy.

Top Bottom