• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Fergie

Banned
I don't know if you can redeem your TTK code without redeeming TDB and HoW, first. I'm guessing you won't be able to and have to redeem all 3, considering they require you to have the 1st 2 expansions in order to purchase the digital TTK standalone.

Hopefully not, as I already have the 1st 2 expansions from PSN. Even if it is the case, that's fine.

Let's be clear and honest, DGAF has been "too cliquey" for quite a while now.

it its very Cliquey. but that hasnt stopped all the new faces weve been getting around since before HoW. There were very few times Ive seen someone outright ignored here. thats usually because someone is looking for help with low level activities. which is a shame that happens. usually it was someone just coming in here with Destiny baggage and starting crap.

I really wish Bungie could just answer the question whether or not the shaders in IB will be Year 1 exclusive. I don't want to grind to rank 5 if I don't have to.

Do I really want to watch today's stream? It's going to be completely spoilerific, right?

99% of me doesn't want to watch or hear about it. Every surprise from this point forward will be awesome.

But that 1% is very curious.

Must. Resist. I love the feeling of finding out anything new first hand . I have to keep telling myself that to avoid watching.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I think this has been one of the most accepting communities. Sure some people know each other well, but everyone helps out.
There was just a raid template posted by ocean a few pages ago. Half of it was prefilled out with dgaf veterans. A lot of them said they wouldn't even be able to make it. I PM'd and posted to ocean about the being included. Sure the thread moves fast but a pre made raid list could've just been PM'd. That's super clique mentality if I've ever seen it.

FyreWulff

I really wish Bungie could just answer the question whether or not the shaders in IB will be Year 1 exclusive. I don't want to grind to rank 5 if I don't have to.

It's 3 weeks until Taken King, at which point you'll permanently unlock them if you have them.

Just nab 'em now.

edit: that being said I don't assume they'll be year 1 exclusive, since there wasn't any with DB or HoW. Just class items.

It's 3 weeks until Taken King, at which point you'll permanently unlock them if you have them.

Just nab 'em now.

edit: that being said I don't assume they'll be year 1 exclusive, since there wasn't any with DB or HoW. Just class items.

they said the emblems are going away permanently so get those while you can. I would like new IB shaders. I love me some gold sprial, (that blue and white) but I want new things

99% of me doesn't want to watch or hear about it. Every surprise from this point forward will be awesome.

Must. Resist. I love the feeling of finding out anything new first hand . I have to keep telling myself that to avoid watching.

Better be careful in the thread for the next few hours. I'm sure there will be a lot of discussion.

Hype!

Juraash

So I got today off work to take care of some rl crap. But the rl crap ended way early so now I can play Destiny all day!

Looking to do all 3 flavors of PoE so I can hit 34 and see Skolas eat it.

rNilla

I regret nothing.

Welcome aboard!

hypenaught.png

Kalamari

Here are my thoughts on the TTK thread. Most of all, I think it's important that it stays consolidated in a single thread. I remember back when there were 2 threads going, and it was just a mess and a hassle. Most people stayed in the main thread, even when trying to form groups for raids and pvp.

I think the best decision is to post the TTK thread (minus the OT number) in Gaming and use it as the primary discussion thread. If it becomes problematic with haters, then we can always move it back to Gaming Community early or something. But I think it is pretty important that the TTK thread goes in the gaming section, not because people think of gaming as more exclusive, but because the game deserves it and it gives the community a better chance of growing.

I am sure there are a lot of people who might've been burnt by the year 1 content and may decide to return if they have a glance at all the changes that are coming with TTK. If the thread stays in gaming community, I don't think it will have the same amount of visibility the game deserves.

matmanx1

GiveThatManACigar.gif

Avoid it if you want to go into it blind. I personally don't mind watching it since my curiosity gets the best of me. The hype is too high right now to avoid it.

Thank you all. You have given me strength to avoid Twitch today. I'll catch up on the artifact info later.

People should just stop posting "looking to do (activity)" posts if they are only meant for their friends. Message your fucking friends, then. That would help the thread feel less cliquey.

Top Bottom