• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT28| Nolan Beyond

Tecnniqe

Banned
And now you have driven him away with your avatar. Look what you've done, Tecnniqe! Look at it!

Dr.-Who.gif

Lee

Does anyone want to help a level 34 Warlock get to Mercury in Trials? I am just an average player and none of my friends are on at the moment. I would give a spare code I have lying around for Halo: MCC as gratitude :)

Trials is over for the week man. Starts again Friday at 10:00 am bungie time.

Does anyone want to help a level 34 Warlock get to Mercury in Trials? I am just an average player and none of my friends are on at the moment. I would give a spare code I have lying around for Halo: MCC as gratitude :)

Trials doesn't start until Friday, but I'd help and I would not accept your gift as I already have it and it could go to someone else that wants it. So I'm assuming XB1. If you want an extreme high probability of reaching Mercury, then Korosenai is the man to get you to your destination. Maybe you can smite out of a certain game for a quick trip haha

Yep. Founded by Augustus Caesar. They started as elite, wound up becoming incredibly corrupt. They even held an auction for the office of Emperor to the highest bidder one time.

That is an interesting thought about their purpose in the Vault. Thanks for that.

From what I remember it was pretty much impossible to become emperor without their support.

X-Frame

Think I'm perfectly fine with letting this one go. Is there anything else I don't get other than the year one emblem?

just the Emblem Grip. but dont get left behind. there are plenty here that will get you through it with minimal stress. you still have a couple weeks! Drizz wont let you down

FyreWulff

tangent: I really wish the PS4 would gain software mic mute.

I'm playing from an area right now with a lot of cross noise from someone playing Kingdom Hearts and another playing WoW with their music blaring, and since basically every headphone comes with the in-line mics now I can't even listen to game audio without broadcasting what's going in the room.

feh

edit: they could even let you use the clicker on the headphones to trigger the mute/unmute!

Is CE easier for a Flawless attempt over VoG?

Yes, too much can go wrong in VOG, accidental deaths on the jumping puzzle or on your way to the gorgons.
Props to the flawless guardians who got the trophy back in October/November. dont think I could handle the stress myself.

Love you guys, but sorry to wet blanket.
Almost all of this is fan fiction mixed with some hopes gleaned from ViDOCs from when Destiny was in development infancy in the forever ago.

E.g., That was literally never a plan for VOG. I wrote the high level story for Vault (Kabr, Praedyth), named the armor sets/AI/bosses and wrote the weapon/armor descriptions and gave that to the writers who wrote the deep lore for the Grimoire.

LUKE!!! Just wanted to say that VoG is still my favorite content in the entire Destiny game. Great Job and can't wait to see what you guys are bringing with TTK.

I have to be blunt, I'm taken aback by this attitude and find it to be the Achilles' Heel of community threads. I do not see the community forum as a bubble separate from the gaming forum. The overall atmosphere may indeed be different, and I absolutely understand the desire to participate in a positive community; however, if we are going to continue to be positive community, it would be unwise to behave exclusively.

I'm also disappointed that you'd be less inclined to help members unless they posted in this thread. If you value your personal time such that you are unable to spread your attention between two threads, I'll respect that. Nevertheless, I find it contradictory to support the thread split and then promptly opt out any participation. That isn't to say anyone is obligated to post on the other forum - that is of course their own decision. The fact remains however that there will be new and returning members to the Destiny community on this site. The onus will always be on us to accommodate them, just as many members here once accommodated those who are now regulars. If gaming side threads are popping up complaining about DestinyGAF being "too cliquey" to find a group, then we have a problem.

It's entirely possible that moving the thread over isn't realistic, to which I'd understand. It's also possible that a thread for the expansion is unnecessary to begin with. It ultimately comes down to the awareness on the site and how we go about conveying the new information to players. To reiterate a point I made earlier, a pre-release thread should have already been up and current to manage that information, thereby easing members into the community thread.

Hell, we may as well just do that. It worked for HoW and it works for other communities.

one could argue that we [DGaf] already do. :/

Dave_6

EPIC POST

Love it! Glad I could be of assistance! Looking back it was still enjoyable and was a rush to finally clear it. I'm happy science was able to join us so part of our group could help you finally clear it! Good times. Definitely need some RL very soon; haven't played in almost two weeks now.

DGAF is the best, no doubt about it!

until you realize how awesome it would have been if some of it was.

in particular, being imprisoned in the arena in a gladatorial battle before meeting the queen, solar Last Word and arc Hard Light, visiting the Twilight Gap, etc.

No doubt Zoba, much of it was awesome to read. Pretty much all of it in fact. I need to spend some time one day and dig into the grimoire much more.

Huge thanks to captscience and Dave_6 for slogging through PoE35 for/with me last night.

tales of woe and triumph

That sounds like quite a bit of fun! Despite a few bad wipes and a poor strategic call or two on my part, I still found the run to be rewarding and quite exhilarating at the end. I do have to get better at Huntering though. Since the class is relatively new to me, all the invis tricks aren't quite second nature for me yet.

I'm really glad my schedule cleared up and I was able to join the run and finish (thanks Drizz for being willing to tag in!). All in all a nice way to cap off Year 1 and I can't wait for more of the same in Year 2.

Though that reminds me, Grip! We need to get you a Skolas kill too!

Love it! Glad I could be of assistance! Looking back it was still enjoyable and was a rush to finally clear it. I'm happy science was able to join us so part of our group could help you finally clear it! Good times. Definitely need some RL very soon; haven't played in almost two weeks now.

DGAF is the best, no doubt about it!

No doubt Zoba, much of it was awesome to read. Pretty much all of it in fact. I need to spend some time one day and dig into the grimoire much more.

all i did was respost it though!

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Did she shoot Templar with relic during glitch causing teleportation and several people to get slapped thus causing the flawless to be wiped from reality like I did?

=D

Namikaze1

Did she shoot Templar with relic during glitch causing teleportation and several people to get slapped thus causing the flawless to be wiped from reality like I did?

=D
Uh no. You all are gonna get me killed! She's probably pulling out her Last Word as we speak, waiting for just the right moment to strike.

Frostburn

Gotta do some work before the stream today, so hyped!

Also this is the first time I can remember seeing this error message in the Companion App, not sure if it is new or not but did make me lol.

jLseAmll.jpg

Top Bottom