• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT35| Time to Explain At Last

Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Yeah its pretty much the same stuff with more add control needed.

New mechanics are subtle, like VoG's detain. Somewhat more.

Warpriest has retaliation blast from taken. This can fuck up teams without bubbles I think. Changes I've seen so far, up to Oryx:

Golgoroth adds a random debuff and a fuck ton of cursed thralls

Oryx spawns knights with the ogres.

These changes are just so lame, though I guess expected based on previous raids. Really disappointing. Let's home for some unique weapons at least.

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
From what I've read, some people in the pool get a debuff that counts down, and if they don't get out of the pool before 0 they die.

Gothalion just wiped his team because of this.

Apparently it's an explosive effect or something.

GhaleonEB

Because if you're running HM you have no need for the NM drops.

Insta-marks

So it's dumb that you get extra gear, and at the worst mats and marks? That seems like a good thing to me. The alternative is to not get those things. I'd rather get them. Plus you might get a roll you like better and can then infuse.

zewone

They get the normal and hard loot from one run, which I think is nice and efficient for players.

HM so far seems quite fair - some new mechanics but none of the BS that soured me on CE HM.

Sure, but what would be the MOST efficient would be two drops from the HM loot table like VoG and CE. The problem with CE is that NM weapons were excluded.

Since KF NM and HM are the same weapons with higher attack values, just give me double drops.

PuMa

Because if you're running HM you have no need for the NM drops.

Insta-marks

Yeah, but you're just getting extra loot from the NM pool if you haven't done NM yet. It's not like it's taking from something you would have gotten in the HM pool.

SkylineRKR

Sure, but what would be the MOST efficient would be two drops from the HM loot table like VoG and CE. The problem with CE is that NM weapons were excluded.

Since KF NM and HM are the same weapons with higher attack values, just give me double drops.

True. VoG HM had completely different stuff.

zewone

So it's dumb that you get extra gear, and at the worst mats and marks? That seems like a good thing to me. The alternative is to not get those things. I'd rather get them. Plus you might get a roll you like better and can then infuse.

The alternative is to get double HM drops like the other HMs.

E92 M3

Bungie did a good job with this - challenging but not fucking cheap like Crota. I don't know why you guys are upset. Most people won't be able to beat hard.

zewone

Except infusion requires a trail of gear to get to a certain level due to the 80% rule.
True, but 2 320 weapons would get you further than 1 310 and 1 320 weapon.
Dumb that you get drops from both loot tables? Or dumb that its possible for nothing to drop from the hard or normal to make the drops looks great/rotten?

Yeah, but you're just getting extra loot from the NM pool if you haven't done NM yet. It's not like it's taking from something you would have gotten in the HM pool.

You should get double HM just like the other HMs.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Bungie did a good job with this - challenging but not fucking cheap like Crota. I don't know why you guys are upset. Most people won't be able to beat hard.

Really? I think it won't be long before most folks can beat hard, at least those that can beat normal. The differences appear to be pretty minor and the old strats seem to apply 97% of the time.

zewone

That's just being greedy. Two separate pools, and if you haven't done NM when doing HM, you get both. That's the most logical setup in my mind.

Greedy? It's been that way since Vanilla with VoG and CE. Those were the expectations set by Bungie themselves. This is a step back just like the reduction of motes and strange coin drops.

Yep, completely agree. These are really good teams that are clearing it this fast. Some parts looks really tough and thankfully not in a cheap way. Look forward to at least getting up to Golgoroth for a chance at some 320 gear.

MrDaravon

Hmm, bunch of people on reddit are saying if you did normal already this week chests are not dropping anything period. Not sure if I'm remembering right, but wasn't that the case with previous Raids as well?

Homeboyd

Really? I think it won't be long before most folks can beat hard, at least those that can beat normal. The differences appear to be pretty minor and the old strats seem to apply 97% of the time.
There are very few people who have even attempted a raid, any raid, compared to the total pop.

lt519

Yeah, I'm worried that our team average light of like 305 might struggle after Golgoroth pending some good drops. It might take a couple raids to get drops and gear up.

Hmm, bunch of people on reddit are saying if you did normal already this week chests are not dropping anything period. Not sure if I'm remembering right, but wasn't that the case with previous Raids as well?

No there should be Hard Mode drops too...?

Granadier

Is currently on Stage 1: Denial regarding the service game future
Are BombSquadKittens (Lumi's stream) the furthest to World's First so far?

MrDaravon

No there should be Hard Mode drops too...?

I'm not positive since I only wound up doing VoG Normal once and CE Normal a couple of times (I was LTTP on raids) but weren't chests a oneshot deal per reset regardless of difficulty? Like if you got it on normal nothing would drop out of it on Hard and vice versa? Again only talking specifically about static chests, not bosses/checkpoints etc.

That doesn't make any sense though.

"Hey bungie, I did HM. Now give me HM loot 2x because I didn't do NM yet."

Uhhhh isn't that how the last two raids worked?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom