• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT43| Just What the Doctor Ordered

Aksis is the easiest part of the raid (as long as you constantly communicate)

Not quite "just" comms - you need to avoid the switching dance:-

Person 1 "Ok i'll go left"
Person 2 "No i've already gone left"
Person 1 "Ok I'll stay in middle"

**Aksis teleports left and no-one slams him but Person 3 gets close**

Post wipe conversation:-

Person 1 - "I didn't go left as you were there"
Person 2 - "You said you were going left so I came back to middle"
Person 1 and 2 - "Hey - Person 3 - how come you didn't make it to him anyway!?"

Not quite "just" comms - you need to avoid the switching dance:-

Person 1 "Ok i'll go left"
Person 2 "No i've already gone left"
Person 1 "Ok I'll stay in middle"

**Aksis teleports left and no-one slams him but Person 3 gets close**

Post wipe conversation:-

Person 1 - "I didn't go left as you were there"
Person 2 - "You said you were going left so I came back to middle"
Person 1 and 2 - "Hey - Person 3 - how come you didn't make it to him anyway!?"

lol, this happens a lot. I've started to try and not say anything until I know where the other two are going. If we have two on the left, I let the others call out "left" and "center", then I'll just call "right". Telling everyone where I'm standing at the moment doesn't help.

Is there a "best" skeleton chest for primaries?
If you just need infusion fuel do Spongebob. If you want a good primary, Omnigul, Undying Mind or Echo Chamber.

M6LG8sK.jpg

EDIT: Hood of Malok does not drop from Wretched Eye, but everything else looks correct.

Waldini

I know Defender Titans can be a pain in the ass but ... Didn't know they could surive a head-on Fist of Havoc.

Landed right next to someone who just came out of his bubble. He had the No Backup Plans on.

He took it like a champ. Smashed him when he came out of his bubble... he just looked at me, punched me in the dick and moved on. I died. The bagging started :(

Now, I'm on XBOX. But i've noticed an increase in games that have no opponents. When I look at Trials Report it says we DID have an enemy team against us ... but they disconnected and got the win. Now, having an easy win is fine with me ... but they (the other team) continue to do this for 9 games in a row and reach the Lighthouse without firing a single bullet. Same goes for an increase in disconnected Fireteam members.

This;

http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/Waldini/video/22524914

HOW?

lol, this happens a lot. I've started to try and not say anything until I know where the other two are going. If we have two on the left, I let the others call out "left" and "center", then I'll just call "right". Telling everyone where I'm standing at the moment doesn't help.

I played with a random group that had the rule that you weren't allowed to call out a side already called. Worked well and saved time and confusion.

ch4fx_

If you just need infusion fuel do Spongebob. If you want a good primary, Omnigul, Undying Mind or Echo Chamber.

EDIT: Hood of Malok does not drop from Wretched Eye, but everything else looks correct.

I love charts like this, much appreciated. Thank you for that.

You're looking for one to infuse into something else? Valus Ta'aurc because he can only drop a primary.

Definitely looking for infusion fodder :D, thank you very much.

Taborcarn

I'm trying to get the quest for the Weekly Crucible bounties... but I think I had partially started it before I quit TTK.

I'm on the step of a quest where I need to get 9 points total in elimination matches (1 for completion, 3 for a win). Only problem is, Elimination is not selectable from the Director anymore. Is my only option to do the solo-only playlist that has 3 different 3v3 gametypes and hope Elimination comes up?

I'm trying to get the quest for the Weekly Crucible bounties... but I think I had partially started it before I quit TTK.

I'm on the step of a quest where I need to get 9 points total in elimination matches (1 for completion, 3 for a win). Only problem is, Elimination is not selectable from the Director anymore. Is my only option to do the solo-only playlist that has 3 different 3v3 gametypes and hope Elimination comes up?

i may not be correct, so take this with a grain of salt, but Trials of Osiris is an elimination type. might be worth trying it out, as today's the last day for this go-round (until weekly reset tomorrow morning). it will return at 10am PDT on Friday.

Taborcarn

i may not be correct, so take this with a grain of salt, but Trials of Osiris is an elimination type. might be worth trying it out, as today's the last day for this go-round (until weekly reset tomorrow morning). it will return at 10am PDT on Friday.

Ok I can give it a shot. I know elimination is mini trials and I think the quest step is even called Trials Practice, but I wasn't sure it would count since they are technically different game types.

I played with a random group that had the rule that you weren't allowed to call out a side already called. Worked well and saved time and confusion.

I love both of these ideas - one official and one less official :)

Once people can at least say what side they're on, the switching dance is the only thing that can really get you.

LiK

Armor of Light is so good. I was using a Defender during the Thorn quest and I could survive through so many hits in the bubble.

You don't need to finish the long ass quest chain anymore, its optional and gives you a 320 item at the end I believe. Can just abandon it or leave it in your quest log and finish it slowly over time.

Instead just go to the crucible director in the tower and he will have a bounty at the top of his screen, this week its Rift - 7 games, 50 kills with primaries, 50 assists. You have to be level 40, I think thats the only requirement. When you finish the quest you get more or less the same loot as a nightfall, sometimes an item +1-3 LL above you, sometimes a few coins and stuff. Dunno if I've ever seen an exotic out of it though, although I'm sure others have.

edit: never mind, i guess I'm talking about the older mountaintop quest as slimy says. I guess you do need to finish shaxx's quest first.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

How comes there is no boss specific chest piece. I have a 390 chest on two of my three 399-399 characters because it refuses to drop exotic chest engrams.

Three hard mode raid runs dropped only one 400 armor piece for me so I am very tempted to use my 6 skeleton keys on these chests to get the Helmets, guantlets and class items. But after seeing so many people get class items from archon forge and crucible over the past week or so I feel like I am due to finally get a class item to drop.

Thanks to Crucible my weapons were the first thing to hit 400, and archon forge has dropped more 400 ghosts and artifacts than i can hold. But i just cant justify spending a key on a class item that could drop at any second.

decisions decisions.

You don't need to finish the long ass quest chain anymore, its optional and gives you a 320 item at the end I believe. Can just abandon it or leave it in your quest log and finish it slowly over time.

Instead just go to the crucible director in the tower and he will have a bounty at the top of his screen, this week its Rift - 7 games, 50 kills with primaries, 50 assists. You have to be level 40, I think thats the only requirement. When you finish the quest you get more or less the same loot as a nightfall, sometimes an item +1-3 LL above you, sometimes a few coins and stuff. Dunno if I've ever seen an exotic out of it though, although I'm sure others have.
That is the new Weekly bounty for Year 3. You cant access it until you finish Year 2's mountain top quest. They have just made it simpler in that you dont need to do five separate bounties, but the requirement to access it is still the same.

Wait? Seriously? Crucible director in the tower? That doesnt sound like Nightfall level rewards... you sure that's the same things that open up after the long Shaxx questline?

Don't tell me i just spend 5 hours yesterday grinding that lame ass quest when i didnt have to!? lol

Wait? Seriously? Crucible director in the tower? That doesnt sound like Nightfall level rewards... you sure that's the same things that open up after the long Shaxx questline?

Don't tell me i just spend 5 hours yesterday grinding that lame ass quest when i didnt have to!? lol

I am probably wrong, I think I am thinking about the first mountain top quest which required an insane amount of time and being in a fireteam and doing all sorts of crazy stuff (like winning so many games etc). I guess they replaced it with a version that is a lot easier, and you still need to finish that.

Check the crucible director anyways to make sure the top bounty (Rift this week) isn't unlocked, maybe if you did the old mountaintop quest its there for you.

LiK

I'm doing the Crucible questline for the weekly quests but it's a real chore so far. So is it required or not?

Also, where is Crucible Director?

I'm doing the Crucible questline for the weekly quests but it's a real chore so far. So is it required or not?

Yes it's required. Presumably crucible director means choose the Crucible circle in the director.

I am probably wrong, I think I am thinking about the first mountain top quest which required an insane amount of time and being in a fireteam and doing all sorts of crazy stuff (like winning so many games etc). I guess they replaced it with a version that is a lot easier, and you still need to finish that.

Check the crucible director anyways to make sure the top bounty (Rift this week) isn't unlocked, maybe if you did the old mountaintop quest its there for you.

The quest has the same name but large parts of it were split into simultaneous sub-quests as opposed to a very long sequential list of sub-quests. As an example I think you can do the faction quests at the same time as the gun kill quests, but before you had to do one after the other.

I think it was actually changed one time before that where "win matches" was converted to "complete matches"....but that is lost in the history of time!

Edit - this reddit link explains the quest as it stands now, a lot unlocks after steps 1/2/3/ which means you can do several parts simultaneously.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._mountaintop_the_never_ending_crucible_grind/

Arrrammis

Check Shaxx and see if he offers a bounty. If he has a bounty available, then you don't need to finish the quest.

With RoI, I am able to pick up the weekly bounty on all of my characters, even the ones that I never completed the crucible questline for, so I don't think it's required (or maybe you only need to do it on one character).

darknil

It's Shaxx, going down the stairs. he should have a bounty to do stuff while playing Rift this week. If the bounty is not available, you need to finish the Mountaintop quest (which has a lot of sub-quests that requires you to play all crucible modes)

Edit: You only need to do the mountaintop for the first character, then the weekly bounty will unlock for all your characters, I think that's where the confusion is coming up.

LiK

Okay, yea, I don't have the Shaxx bounties at all. I found out by accident when I was just checking what abandoned quests I had and one of them was Crucible-related. Did most of the early ones pretty easily but now I'm in the Weapons Master step.

Thanks guys.

SlimySnake

lol at people complaining about the Crucible quest. It's so much easier now. it doesnt require wins. It allows you to complete multiple quest steps at once and requires fewer kills/completion in total.

It took me a 100 games

This is what it used to look like. The last half of the quest, starting from wins for factions to elimination wins and primary weapon wins were the worst.

• Quest Line: (Please let me know if I mixed up the order on any of these)
  • Accept the quest "Crucible Forged" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749379-crucible-forged
  • Staking a Claim - Defeat opposing Guardians in a Control match while your team holds at least two Control zones (8 kills).
  • Return to Lord Shaxx to turn in quest.
  • Talk to Lord Shaxx to obtain the quest "Crucible Combat" - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749378-crucible-combat
  • No Guns Barred - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Clash playlist (12 Kills).
  • Not My Runner - Defeat opposing Guardians while your team has an active Runner in the Rift playlist (5 Kills).
  • Free For All - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Rumble playlist (12 Kills).
  • Small-Team Tactics - Defeat opposing Guardians in the Skirmish playlist (8 Kills).
  • Spelunking with Guns - Capture Relics in the Salvage playlist (Salvalge 3 Relics).
  • Accept the quest "Conquer the Day" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749377-conquer-the-day
  • Participation Point - Complete a match in the Daily Crucible playlist.
  • Spoils to the Victor - Win a match in the Crucible Daily playlist.
  • Making a Statement - Win multiple matches in the Crucible Daily playlist (4 wins).
  • Accept the quest "Factions" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749376-factions
  • IMPORTANT NOTE: You do not need to pledge to each of these factions for the wins to count in their respective steps. You simply talk to the faction leaders and they give you the quest. Be careful though, when you talk to the leader of a faction you are not pledged to they will always prompt you to pledge allegiance first causing some people to accidentally switch allegiances when they thought they were simply accepting the next stage of the quest.
  • Meet with Dead Orbit - Visit the representative of Dead Orbit, Arach Jalaal, in the Tower Hangar.
  • This is Dead Orbit Territory - Win matches in the Control playlist for Dead Orbit (2 wins).
  • Dead Orbit Rifter - Win matches in the Rift playlist (2 wins).
  • Return to Arach Jalaal - Return to Arach Jalaal in the Tower Hangar.
  • The Future War Cult - Visit the representative of Future War Cult, Lakshmi-2, in the Tower Hangar.
  • Clash for the Future - Win matches in the Clash playlist for the Future War Cult (2 wins).
  • Future Rumble Cult - Finish as one of the top three competitors in the Rumble playlist (2 top 3 placements).
  • Return to Lakshmi-2 - Return to Lakshmi-2 in the Tower Hangar.
  • Meet with New Monarchy - Visit the representative of New Monarchy, Executor Hideo, at Tower North.
  • New Monarchy Skimisher - Win matches in the Skirmish playlist for New Monarchy (2 wins).
  • New Monarchy Relic Seeker - Win matches in the Salvage playlist for New Monarchy (2 wins).
  • Return to Executor Hideo - Return to Executor Hideo in Tower North.
  • Accept the quest "Trials Practice" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749383-trials-practice
  • Eliminator - Win multiple matches in the Elimination playlist (5 wins).
  • Accept the quest "Break the Ceiling" from Arcite 99-40 - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749382-break-the-ceiling
  • Crushing Victory - Win multiple Crucible matches with score of at least 1,200 (5 wins).
  • Return to Arcite 99-40 to turn in quest.
  • Accept the quest "Weapon Master" from Banshee-44 - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749381-weapon-master
  • More Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Auto Rifle kills (3 wins).
  • Burst of Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Pulse Rifle kills (3 wins).
  • Nimble Bullets - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Scout Rifle kills (3 wins).
  • Point and Shoot - Win multiple matches in the Crucible with at least six Hand Cannon kills (3 wins).
  • Return to Banshee-44 to turn in quest.
  • Accept the quest "The Mountaintop" from Lord Shaxx - http://db.destinytracker.com/quests/3690749380-the-mountaintop
  • Crucible Master - Earn 9 points. Crucible wins are worth 3 points, but starting a new match costs 1 point (Achieve 9 points).
  • Return to Lord Shaxx to turn in quest. (Heavy Weapon Upgrade Reward, the legendary rocket launcher "The Hothead")

Taborcarn

I think it was actually changed one time before that where "win matches" was converted to "complete matches"....but that is lost in the history of time!

Edit - this reddit link explains the quest as it stands now, a lot unlocks after steps 1/2/3/ which means you can do several parts simultaneously.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyThe..._mountaintop_the_never_ending_crucible_grind/

Thanks for the info everyone. From that Reddit link I'm on step 5, and it does say Elim/Trials so that should make it more doable. Also I've already completed part 7 and I don't see 6 so that's probably complete already as well.

Dave_6

lol at people complaining about the Crucible quest. It's so much easier now. it doesnt require wins. It allows you to complete multiple quest steps at once and requires fewer kills/completion in total.

It took me a 100 games

This is what it used to look like. The last half of the quest, starting from wins for factions to elimination wins and primary weapon wins were the worst.

Still can't believe I did the quest the old way with how scrubby I can be in PvP.

sajj316

With the memory of felwinter artifact, is it possible to get 3 scatter grenades if the nothing manacles are equipped for my dear warlock?

Edit: very OP warlock if the case .. sure no super. Give me that Tlaloc.

Edit2: darn it Dez .. would have loved that for PVE ;)

Dez_

I'm so glad I waited until they made that mountaintop quest much more streamlined. It takes time, but it's completely doable and far less frustrating not having to rely on wins.

By far the worst quest I had to complete was the Chaperones quest. For a supposed top tier weapon like The Last Word, I can't use it for shit. Losing percentage on deaths was awful.

With the memory of felwinter artifact, is it possible to get 3 scatter grenades if the nothing manacles are equipped for my dear warlock?
To my understanding, they don't stack.

noomi

It took me a 100 games

Back in my day!

UPHILL! BOTH WAYS!

Imagine that there were some that even completed the entire quest-line 3 times! (on each character!) Thankfully I only did it once, and then they made the change that once you complete it once, the bounties unlock account wide.

Edit: very OP warlock if the case .. sure no super. Give me that Tlaloc.

No, they dont stack. Also tlaloc does not get the exotic buff with the artifact.

Well it finally happened. I finally got the Crux of Crota this past weekend, on back to back HM Crota kills , number 76 and 77 exactly. I don't know why it took so long and why I got two in a row when it finally did drop, but that's Destiny for you.

I want to thank all the DGAF Guardians who helped me run HM Crota these past 7 or so months when I started to take this "quest" seriously again, even after the luster had faded and the loot was worthless in Y2.

Of course, the week before RoI I transferred all my Ascendant Energy into motes of light, so I don't even have enough to fully upgrade my Eidolon Ally to unlock the last node so I can use the Crux to turn it into the Necrochasm, so completing my Y1 exotic blueprints will have to wait for another day. Its just good to finally be so close to doing that.

Good luck to everyone still chasing their Crux! Feel free to invite me along, but I can't say I won't steal yours (sorry Fig!).

Finally got the Thron quest, but it was on my Titan. Titan void super in crucible = worthless bubble.

Thankfully, I have the Felwinter artifact and got it done rather easily with magnetic grenades (and Atheon's Epilogue).

LiK

Finally got the Thron quest, but it was on my Titan. Titan void super in crucible = worthless bubble.

Thankfully, I have the Felwinter artifact and got it done rather easily with magnetic grenades (and Atheon's Epilogue).

Titan here too. I took out my Messenger (Adept) that was Void and proceeded to get all the required kills in 3 matches. Pretty easy without the death penalty.

SlimySnake

I got it during the Iron Banner week so couldnt exactly use the Word of Crota or Atheon's Epilogue.

So had to get pretty much all the kills using my Party Crasher. Supremacy is very shotgun friendly but it still took like 15 games.

Sirenty

Looking for a Titan and Warlock to do the OP quest with me from Step 1. I'm available for the next couple hours, and then later tonight (EST). On PS4.

Top Bottom