• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

KodaRuss

Bought the icebreaker today, first exotic weapon and I have almost 4 days played on my level 29 Warlock. (About to finish Thorn and Bad Juju bounties though)

Might go for the legendary sparrow as well, I have enough marks for the rare and just need to buy the deal from Xur I guess.

Anyone with the legendary sparrow what do you think? Worth it?

LiK

Hawkmoon of course, but anything better than the rare I have would most likely be my go-to Primary.

niftybiscuitqoxxk.png
LOL, dat gun name

darkwing

People have dissed the cryptarch so many times, but the real bitch is actually the gunsmith. If he doesnt start selling the rare fusion rifles soon, I'm gonna shove My exotic bounty up his arse.

waited for a week, finally got it through the 'normal' way ;_;

If I was a lurker enjoying Destiny who wanted Ice Breaker and didn't have enough Strange Coins and/or the time or ability to obtain the rest I needed before 5:00AM EST Sunday, I think I'd be a little resentful of GAF these last few pages. Like, let's remember we're not all in the same position here, right?

Exactly, my level 27 close friend who I play 90% of all my Destiny sessions with, who completed the Nightfall with me for our first time ever this week, who has grinded through hours and hours of zero-drops streaks with me, he does not have enough SC for Icebreaker. He is even on the upper end of GAF standards, yet Icebreaker isn't a give away for him. He will be out of town this weekend, so Icebreaker is almost certainly not going to happen for him via Xur.

If I was a lurker enjoying Destiny who wanted Ice Breaker and didn't have enough Strange Coins and/or the time or ability to obtain the rest I needed before 5:00AM EST Sunday, I think I'd be a little resentful of GAF these last few pages. Like, let's remember we're not all in the same position here, right?

But it's so easy, just take two characters through the weekly strike...Bam! 18 coins. Seriously though...Ice Breaker is the one gun that I would have created a dup alt for and stayed up all night getting him to 20 so I could transfer my gear and run the weekly again if I didn't already have the coins.

<3 Xur this week. I also get to hand in my Bad Juju bounty to him tonight.

Deku Tree

How to cheese nightfall every week: Party leader stands back in a place where enemies don't go and don't shoot. If the other two die, then they go to orbit and rejoin. Rinse and repeat.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
While I fear the idea of BiS gear going to the masses, this hits home for me.

All I can reflect back on is accumulating DKP, running MC/BWL/Ony week after week hoping to get a chance at alt spec gear, only to accumulate full BiS main/alt gear a few weeks before Naxx/expacks. I don't reflect fondly back on that.
What's crazy to me is: Raid gear in this game is pure RNG, and raid gear is the only way to get to 30, so 29->30 is pure RNG. After the lack of transmutation, this is my least favorite thing about the game right now, and there are tons of people raging about not getting their gear from multiple raids/quitting because of the bullshit RNG, etc. Yet Xur's armor for sale is equivalent in Light to raid pieces and obtainable without any RNG... and we as a community are complaining about both. my mind can't take it sometimes.
Hawkmoon of course, but anything better than the rare I have would most likely be my go-to Primary.

niftybiscuitqoxxk.png
That is an awesome name.

But it's so easy, just take two characters through the weekly strike...Bam! 18 coins. Seriously though...Ice Breaker is the one gun that I would have created a dup alt for and stayed up all night getting him to 20 so I could transfer my gear and run the weekly again if I didn't already have the coins.

what is the lowest level needed to get to the weekly strike? I have a buddy that this might be our only option before sunday.

KodaRuss

Took this image this morning before leaving for work. Gee do you think Warlocks are most interested in what Xur has today?

Got 99 problems but sunbreakers aint one.

I had a lot of strange coins 50+ since I have only purchased the sunbreaker gauntlets from the second weekend. Purchase number two IceBreaker. I think it was worth the wait!

hydruxo

How to cheese nightfall every week: Party leader stands back in a place where enemies don't go and don't shoot. If the other two die, then they go to orbit and rejoin. Rinse and repeat.

Should be used as a last resort though. There are actual cheese spots for every strike.

breakfuss

I know I'm far and away more advanced than the "average" player. Thats not what I'm after. I've played the game over 100 hours. There should be more that differentiates my character than someone who casually plays.

Its not about being "better" than anyone else in the game. Most exotics don't do anything that their legendary equivelant can't do.

Except for the IceBreaker, Gjallarhorn, and Pocket Infinity (and a few others Hawkian mentioned above.) Those shouldn't be easily obtained.

There isn't enough honesty int his thread.

I refuse to believe that everyone in here has a smile on their face that the Icebreaker is for sale and now thousands of more people will have it. "Oh, well I'm just glad that everyone gets to enjoy the Icebreaker now..."

LOLOLOLOL. As if getting a random ass drop at the end of a match is somehow more "legitimate".

Hilarious. Stop hating.

Trouble

Banned
Ha, just de-leveled myself from 28 to 26. Bought the exotic warlock chest from Xur and legendary gauntlets from FWC to replace my sunbreakers.

I had a lot of strange coins 50+ since I have only purchased the sunbreaker gauntlets from the second weekend. Purchase number two IceBreaker. I think it was worth the wait!

that's one way to look at it, thankfully warlock is an alt of mine but hey he has sunbreakers!

Camwi

According to reddit:

"The gunsmith sells rare fusion rifles every three days at 11pm UTC"

Not sure when the last time he sold them was though.

Didn't know it was every three days. I need to start paying more attention. That bounty fucking sucks. :(

Hiko

Banned
Will definitely snag the Ice Breaker then given the constant ammo regen.. that's wild. I only have two purple weapons and one is a Hand Cannon and the other is a sniper I got from the Queen's missions. Sad to read all the people hating on the Bad Juju since I am working towards that from my Exotic Bounty.

That SUROS is insane. I have a level 19 Ningen-E that has very high stability and it's fantastic. I got a lvl 20 with higher base damage but the stability is so low (maybe 30%) that it's almost unusable IMO. Can't imagine all that damage with that high of stability!
Vanquisher VIII with perfect stability is even better than suros.

The AE literally rains on everyone and everything's parade. It's just stupid good. And I'm sorry. Buy the ice breaker today and you will feel better about everything in your life.

Hahaha... I already bought the ice breaker... I'll go solo the raid and get the AE...

No I won't.

Mrgamer

Last weekend i did not have enough coins to buy the surus but this weekend could have bought 2 and have spare coins.

Icebreaker will be mine.

Chitown B

Shotgun...Fusion Rifle...Shotgun...Fusion Rifle...Shotgun...Fusion Rifle

Man pvp is out of whack

mostly fusion rifles. which are bullshit. they're like the disintegration sniper from Halo 4. One shot and you're dead, no matter where it hits.

What's crazy to me is: Raid gear in this game is pure RNG, and raid gear is the only way to get to 30, so 29->30 is pure RNG. After the lack of transmutation, this is my least favorite thing about the game right now, and there are tons of people raging about not getting their gear from multiple raids/quitting because of the bullshit RNG, etc. Yet Xur's armor for sale is equivalent in Light to raid pieces and obtainable without any RNG... and we as a community are complaining about both. my mind can't take it sometimes.

Exactly - can't have it both ways.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
But it's so easy, just take two characters through the weekly strike...Bam! 18 coins.
Dunno what degree of sarcasm or not here though, but yeah...
  • Requires two characters at or near 28, a ton of players don't even have one
  • Not everyone is capable of soloing the Weekly strike or able to find someone to carry them
  • A total 18 coins means you certainly couldn't buy, for example, both the gun and a helm, and Light progression for anyone under 27 is more important than any weapon
  • The Weekly Heroic isn't as rough this week as last week, but I hope we can at least settle on a middle-ground that it isn't EASY at level 28. It's still a decent challenge. You can die rapidly to void damage and even cheesing the boss isn't completely without risk. 9 Coins is a fair reward.
Seriously though...Ice Breaker is the one gun that I would have created a dup alt for and stayed up all night getting him to 20 so I could transfer my gear and run the weekly again if I didn't already have the coins.
Hahah... right, and you could if you had the need, time and inclination, but this just furthers the point- not every player or even close to a majority can do that.
Hehe, I'm meh on him this week. Voidfang Vestments are interesting but I'm not so loaded I can just buy "maybe one day" extra exotic armor pieces for slots I already have filled (Heart of the Praxic Fire from my first exotic engram <3)

Weekly strike for 9 coins is a level 28 strike. So, if he's lower than say 26/7 he will need carried through.

yeah I know his character has already done that (for the 6 coins) he needs like 7 more. I could run him through hard and get him 3 more. He could grab the gold chest on mars for one. then we have to get three more.

he could level an alt and run the weekly once for three more. seems like a lot of work but the ice breaker is worth it for end game stuff.

Orca

Does Icebreaker regen ammo while in inventory if you're using a different gun - swapped it out for a different sniper, for example?

WITHE1982

Logged onto my PS4 via remote play using the worst internet connection I've ever seen. I managed to slowly guide my pixelated, stuttering character type shape over to Xur to buy my Icebreaker.

I'm happy now.

Thinking about burning my motes for the helmet engram. If I get another titan helmet (save for skullfort), I guess I'll just disassemble it. If I get a hunter or warlock helmet, I can give it to one of my alts.

:]

Xamdou

Ha, just de-leveled myself from 28 to 26. Bought the exotic warlock chest from Xur and legendary gauntlets from FWC to replace my sunbreakers.

Why did youn replace your sun breakers? Isn't it the best exotic armor for Warlocks?

Sort of... Sniper rifle is scarce and ammo packs have five minute cooldowns. Icebreaker has unlimited quick regen ammo.

So with the Icebreaker I have unlimited ammo!?

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Okay, I have GOT to stop you there.

This is total bullshit.

1) I tried Nightfall for the first time last night, but we didn't finish it, got wiped in the last boss fight and moved on to easier pastures.

If you want coins what you have to do is the weekly since it's guaranteed 9 coins at lvl 28.

Bizazedo

Figures, I just finished upgrading my legendary sniper rifle to 300 attack. I guess it's still good, though, so I can use exotics in other slots when needed.

It's weird, though.....I've been able to afford whatever I wanted each week and will be getting Icebreaker, but I kind of wanted to hoard for a week.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom