• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maledict

Is anyone planning on running the normal raid tomorrow afternoon (Europe time)? I'm a 27 Sunsinger warlock desperate to give it a go, and I'm trying to avoid raid leading like I normally do in MMOs... ;-)

E92 M3

You guys think the new raids will be as cool as VOG? One of the reasons I love VOG is due to the vex. Could fight them all day and not get bored.

Look at the square box surrounding their level number. If it's sort of glowing yellow, their super is charged.

Works for every player, including team mates.

If the box with their level is flashing yellow on the border, then the super is fully charged

Ah, thanks, I'll have to keep an eye out for this.

Hmm. I think this would be interesting, I'd love to be able to try it out and see how it felt before it was implemented, because the current way is a part of the game (you don't know if they have theirs, they don't know if you have yours...)

As I've played more and more FPS, I'm not a fan of attacks that cannot be defended. This is different from using smarts to get the drop on someone, of course. With a super, you could be squared off, 1v1, in a fair fight, and then the Super drops and there is nothing you can do (at least, with some of the Supers).

The disparity in Super ability (some are easier insta-kills than others, and some aren't insta-kills at all) is what might make this mechanic not work, though.

I beat the Raid again! I got enough shards to hit 29, and I got Found Verdict and the raid chest. Now to beat the Hard Raid and get the Vex Mythoclast and the other raid armor pieces.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
You guys think the new raids will be as cool as VOG? One of the reasons I love VOG is due to the vex. Could fight them all day and not get bored.

I want some trash mobs. My favorite part about this game is, predictably, shooting shit. But you actually do little shooting in the raid, outside of the bosses. By little I mean, none at all once you go in.

i wonder how many ludicrously easy kills I've given strikers and voidwalkers because I didn't know this. feelsbadman

To be fair, at least half of Strikers Supers are blindly thrown around corners and on control points, so you haven't fed them as much as their gamble paid off.

Greenymac

I can choose an exotic bounty: Thorn, Bad Juju or Invective.

I already have Invective. I heard the other two are bad. What do? Also this: (Kill Guardians in the Crucible using void damage. Deaths slow your progress greatly! You need 500 points ( 1 kill = 5 points, 1 death = -2 points).) for Thorn sounds like a huge pita.

nah dude the 500 wasnt bad at all. If youre a warlock use vortex grenades and also use a vois fusion rifle if you have one. Took me about 7 matches.

Not sure what Bungie was thinking when they created the idiotic bounty for Thorn. It wouldn't be so bad if the points didn't subtract with deaths, but the way it's set up right now, the only way to offset the death penalty is to try to make every kill count towards the bounty, which means that people are running around with a fusion rifle the entire match and being a burden on their team.

Bungie has never been a studio to make good mulitplayer Achievements, so I guess this isn't too surprising. It's frustrating how one simple change (don't subtract points from death) would still make the bounty tough and force people to play outside of their comfort zone, but not ruin the player experience.

Look at the square box surrounding their level number. If it's sort of glowing yellow, their super is charged.

Works for every player, including team mates.

eh, this is impractical in most player to player encounters given the quick kill times.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8vJPWkf6ClM

in any given moment like this, it's difficult to discern that his super is up, and dodge it if necessary afterwards

behaviors are much more reliable

Someone got the Fatebringer (arc pistol) last night in our hard mode raid last night. I haven't seen that, really at all (I see the mythoclast more). FYI he got it from the Templar fight. We were all jealous.

In the middle of soloing the Weekly Strike, had to do something right as I clear all the enemies before the priest. I leave my controller for 10 minutes and I get booted to orbit...like why? That is so annoying.

Do you get Ascendant Energy back if you dismantle a quested Exotic? I got a second Pocket Infinity quest and I'm wondering if it's worth doing again.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I dunno about the Moon one, I'm reserving judgment. But I expect straight-up Amazeballs from the Reef raid. As far as I'm concerned, that's a blank canvas for Bungie. I have no idea what to expect (like, this one, I knew, okay, Vex-heavy, some kind of labyrinthine vault, even before entering the door) and that lack of expectation equals, well, high expectations.
As I've played more and more FPS, I'm not a fan of attacks that cannot be defended. This is different from using smarts to get the drop on someone, of course. With a super, you could be squared off, 1v1, in a fair fight, and then the Super drops and there is nothing you can do (at least, with some of the Supers).

The disparity in Super ability (some are easier insta-kills than others, and some aren't insta-kills at all) is what might make this mechanic not work, though.
Good points... apparently you can tell though! My hawk-eyes are going to be looking at a lot of squares in the Crucible!

Bungie has never been a studio to make good mulitplayer Achievements, so I guess this isn't too surprising. It's frustrating how one simple change (don't subtract points from death) would still make the bounty tough and force people to play outside of their comfort zone, but not ruin the player experience.

DICE has similar stupid shit for their "Assignments" to unlock weapons and gear in BF4. I fucking hate it.

Nameless

This is incorrect. That would net you a total of 6 coins (3 for the 22, another 3 for the 26). You have to at least do the 28 to get all 9.

Oh, ok. Could've sworn I saw the 26 list 6 coins as a reward after completing the 22. Guess I saw wrong.

LiK

I will help anyone with a Raid if you can help me get the raid clan trophy. My own raid crew is planning for that but I don't mind getting it sooner.

Stubo

Looking for 2 level 28+ players for normal raid on xbone, prefer if you've cleared before.

Mix of normal and hard mode cleared players, should be fine.

Must have mic! :)

Deku Tree

Not sure what Bungie was thinking when they created the idiotic bounty for Thorn. It wouldn't be so bad if the points didn't subtract with deaths, but the way it's set up right now, the only way to offset the death penalty is to try to make every kill count towards the bounty, which means that people are running around with a fusion rifle the entire match and being a burden on their team.

Yeah. I am up to that point in the thorn bounty and I am thinking about just destroying it. I am not good enough at PvP.

Edit. Having aethons epilogue ar with void damage would be a fantastic way to do this bounty in PvP.

RedFury

Ok ice breaker broke PvP(until it cools down) and not for the reason you think...I've been in 4 matches now where my entire team was trying to snipe(terribly) and leaving all objectives. It's very annoying.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
To be fair, at least half of Strikers Supers are blindly thrown around corners and on control points, so you haven't fed them as much as their gamble paid off.
Yeah but I do this, all the time:

1. See Titan with blood rage in his eyes. He sees me.
2. He starts to run toward me.
3. Activate trap card (arc blade)
4. Slice at him
5. Titan activates FoH
6. Blade bounces off harmlessly and I die
7. Titan dances

:(
Ok ice breaker broke PvP(until it cools down) and not for the reason you think...I've been in 4 matches now where my entire team was trying to snipe(terribly) and leaving all objectives. It's very annoying.
*_* MUST PLAY PVP TONIGHT.

this'll be like my queen's glory night all over again

E92 M3

I want some trash mobs. My favorite part about this game is, predictably, shooting shit. But you actually do little shooting in the raid, outside of the bosses. By little I mean, none at all once you go in.

I find the raid perfectly paced actually. You have Templar battles, some nice platforming/exploration and then back to shooting shit.

lol gotta break in the ice breaker. not sure i how i feel about everyone having regenerating sniper ammo now, but i guess the less people using shotguns and SUROS, the better IMO. at least sniping takes some finesse

LiK

Yeah but I do this, all the time:

1. See Titan with blood rage in his eyes. He sees me.
2. He starts to run toward me.
3. Activate trap card (arc blade)
4. Slice at him
5. Titan activates FoH
6. Blade bounces off harmlessly and I die
7. Titan dances

:(

*_* MUST PLAY PVP TONIGHT.

this'll be like my queen's glory night all over again

That Titan was me.

Hi all,

Anyone up for the raid from the start on normal?

We have 3 guys at the moment and looking for 3 more;

Level 29 Warlock (both classes maxed)
Level 28 Hunter (both classes maxed)
Level 28 Titan (both classes maxed)

Add me if interested, PSN: MandrakeUK

Grinchy

Banned
Yeah. I am up to that point in the thorn bounty and I am thinking about just destroying it. I am not good enough at PvP.

The fun part is when you finally get the gun and find out it's a piece of shit. I have 2 blue hand cannons that outperform it in every way.

The fun part is when you finally get the gun and find out it's a piece of shit. I have 2 blue hand cannons that outperform it in every way.

Nah, it's pretty good. I wreck people in the Crucible with it. Think of it as a mid range sniper and play conservatively, and you'll do fine. It's a totally different play style than The Last Word, for sure.

Hi all,

Anyone up for the raid from the start on normal?

We have 3 guys at the moment and looking for 3 more;

Level 29 Warlock (both classes maxed)
Level 28 Hunter (both classes maxed)
Level 28 Titan (both classes maxed)

Add me if interested, PSN: MandrakeUK

If you don't mind a level 27 hunter, I'll gladly join you.

Let me ask you guys something?

Is Xur ever going to sell exotic engrams OTHER than armor ones?

It seems to be the only one he ever has for sale is the damn head one.

Im glad Xur finally sold Icebreaker. I wonder how come he sold the Exotic cheaper than he usually does.

I only paid 17 SC. He usually sells his exotic weapons for 23. I wonder why this one was less.

Waldini

Holy... shit.

SUROS has nothing on a well used Shadow Price does it? Glad I found mine with the clip expansion.

Also, Iron Banner is a JOKE. You can wreck havoc with a low leveled char. Damn Bungie. U sneaky!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom