• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I wish bungie would update the stock on crucible/vanguard gear. Give us a chance at getting those weapons with different perks.
I dunno... I spent kind of a while updating all the destinygamewiki.com pages for these to be accurate... :-[

Dunlop

Help me obi-Gaf you are my only hope

I pretty much shelved the game weeks ago after hitting the wall at 24

I have the night off later so I want to try and figure out what I am missing.

What should I be doing to progress past this? Is it possible to do with randoms or fireteams needed?

Guys do I equip and keep my knucklehead radar exotic or use my luck raspberry chest armor?

Gotta weight the mods. Knucklehead is nice for PvP since you get ADS Radar on all Primaries. Lucky Raspberry is solid everywhere for the Grenade being up every time you spawn. If you use Arc, it makes those nades even better as well.

Ken

There were two major things we did against The Hive. The first thing we did was free and return a piece of The Traveler that they were casting spells on that were hindering it. The second thing we did was destroy some kind of device they were communing with that was in communication with some other unknown entity.

We didn't destroy them. We didn't clear them out of The Moon. Dinklebot says the underground passageways go on for miles and miles. Much more than our Guardian ever sees.

In fact, we haven't beaten any of the factions. All we did was weaken them. We destroyed one Fallen Tribes Deity (Sepiks Prime). Killed another Fallen Tribes leader (Winter's Kell). Destroyed a device The Hive were using to communicate with and channel power from an unknown entity (Shrine of Oryx). Destroyed a major source of power of The Vex (Black Garden "Heart"), slightly weakened The Cabal's military might by taking out one of their high ranking Commanders along with his Lt's, and if you're on PS4 defeated The Cabal's Psion Flayers, preventing them from taking over what was left of the Martian Warmind (Dust Palace).

Edit: There's even more story accomplishments if you've done Vault of Glass but I won't go into that here really.

I feel like a lot of these accomplishments would feel grander if we got a glimpse into the full force of each faction.

Like, how many more Black Garden Hearts are there out in the universe, or how many more Cabal Commanders exist; does taking out one really do much. The Hive thing sounds super ambiguous too. They were channeling power but do we ever see what they were using this power for? Was it to send those Seeders down to earth or what?

Juraash

Almost the end of the work day, stoked to go home and spend some time on Destiny.

I have an ample amount of coins...dunno if I should buy Voidfang and Icebreaker or just the rifle. I already have a fully upgraded exotic helm so I'm not sure it's worth it. But Voidwalker is my preferred spec so I'm kinda torn.

Can I go home already so I can buy my Ice Breaker???? Time crawling. It's bad enough for any Friday of a three day weekend but even worse today ha

Must get to 29 so I can try Hard Mode Raid, always sad I can't jump in on the requests for people in here. Xur breaking my balls refusing to give me Praxic :( He's damn lucky he's giving me a new toy to play with to distract me for a week... So help me, the fool better have my armor ready next Friday!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Take the screenshot on the ps4, then save it on a USB drive. Copy it onto your computer, then upload it to an image sharing site (Imgur works very well, it also automatically formats your image for forum posts). Then post it here. A bit complicated, but it works well.
I just upload from PSN to Twitter and hotlink. :p Twitter massacres the images with compression but that other way is sooo many stepses.

Metra

So, I got this exotic weapon called "Plan C" today, after playing this Strike:
PjbN9MR.jpg

And now I'm feeling like a thief...
*sigh*

Help me obi-Gaf you are my only hope

I pretty much shelved the game weeks ago after hitting the wall at 24

I have the night off later so I want to try and figure out what I am missing.

What should I be doing to progress past this? Is it possible to do with randoms or fireteams needed?

Yup, I went from 24-27 without fireteams or cheesing the RNG or anything. You basically want to get your Vanguard or Faction rep high enough to buy their armor pieces, then up the defense of those as high as you can (which will take a bunch of the harvestable resources from the planets) You can just cross into 27 with a full set of purples upgraded to the point just before you need to spend Ascendant thingamawhatsits.

Izayoi

Banned
I think it's hilarious how salty people who got the Ice Breaker before Xur sold it are.

"Waaaaaahhhhh, I was the one who put in the luck time, it was all of my luck skill that got me that weapon, I should be the ONLY ONE who can have it!!!"

People are embarrassing.

Dunlop

Yup, I went from 24-27 without fireteams or cheesing the RNG or anything. You basically want to get your Vanguard or Faction rep high enough to buy their armor pieces, then up the defense of those as high as you can (which will take a bunch of the harvestable resources from the planets) You can just cross into 27 with a full set of purples upgraded to the point just before you need to spend Ascendant thingamawhatsits.

thx, to get my faction up it is via bounties and crucible then?

There were two major things we did against The Hive. The first thing we did was free and return a piece of The Traveler that they were casting spells on that were hindering it. The second thing we did was destroy some kind of device they were communing with that was in communication with some other unknown entity.

We didn't destroy them. We didn't clear them out of The Moon. Dinklebot says the underground passageways go on for miles and miles. Much more than our Guardian ever sees.

In fact, we haven't beaten any of the factions. All we did was weaken them. We destroyed one Fallen Tribes Deity (Sepiks Prime). Killed another Fallen Tribes leader (Winter's Kell). Destroyed a device The Hive were using to communicate with and channel power from an unknown entity (Shrine of Oryx). Destroyed a major source of power of The Vex (Black Garden "Heart"), slightly weakened The Cabal's military might by taking out one of their high ranking Commanders along with his Lt's, and if you're on PS4 defeated The Cabal's Psion Flayers, preventing them from taking over what was left of the Martian Warmind (Dust Palace).

Edit: There's even more story accomplishments if you've done Vault of Glass but I won't go into that here really.

Can't leave us hanging like that. Could you spoiler tag it? I've done the raid, and with all of the bizarre terminology, I couldn't make heads or tails of anything.

colinp

Banned
I think it's hilarious how salty people who got the Ice Breaker before Xur sold it are.

"Waaaaaahhhhh, I was the one who put in the luck time, it was all of my luck skill that got me that weapon, I should be the ONLY ONE who can have it!!!"

People are embarrassing.

Yep, they're like spoiled children.

Mattiator

Dubious task is for the Invective shotgun, Tolands legacy is the Bad Juju Pulse rifle, and A light in the dark is for the Thorn hand cannon. Really it depends on which kind you want. Bad Juju and Thorn are getting a buff soon (I'm not totally sure they need it, but I'm not compaining) since they are often called underpowered.

Thanks for the response took the plunge for the Invective shotgun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
hey guys I don't think we know enough about each other. Looks like we'll be needing...an Ice Breaker.
somebody loves her new toy

hmmm. 19 strange coins. iunno what to do. I don't want anything but I want everything. is it appropriate for me to just start spending coins on collecting things?

no, no. not yet.. save the coins for now. I'd like to be able to afford everything two things on the menu next time. stay prudent!

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I made a crappy clan just for this purpose, feel free to "Request Join" and I will add you as members, then you can set it as your active PS4 clan (sorry if not PS4). I can probably even jump in to help with the raid depending on when you do it (Lv 30 Titan, 16 clears). Of course if you already have a clan set up then don't worry about it:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Clan/Detail/447480

Edit: The current clan members already got the raid and strike trophies but anyone can feel free to use it since it's already set up.
Hah, yeah. I'm actually a member of AchieveTrophiesGAF or whatever it's called. It's just the coordination that's the hard part!

somebody loves her new toy

hmmm. 19 strange coins. iunno what to do. I don't want anything but I want everything. is it appropriate for me to just start spending coins on collecting things?

no, no. not yet.. save the coins for now. I'd like to be able to afford everything two things on the menu next time. stay prudent!

I was going to ask how you have so few coins but the rest of your post answered my question haha I have around 70, IB is the first thing I've been even remotely tempted to buy since having enough coins. If they would consider doing something with the engrams besides a damn helmet *chest cough chest* I could use all these motes burning a hole in my pocket to try and get Praxic that way.

IKizzLE

Can't leave us hanging like that. Could you spoiler tag it? I've done the raid, and with all of the bizarre terminology, I couldn't make heads or tails of anything.

Well, here is some lore about the Vault of Glass and how it ties into the storyline:

Beneath Venus the Vex have constructed a massive structure that is acting as a meeting point of past, present and future. Their long-term goal is to basically unchain themselves from the constraints of a physical reality and turn themselves into a sort of epistomological computer virus in the very fabric of reality, incorporating the very IDEA of themselves into the fundamental laws of the universe. Because in this space, reality and time are starting to be altered, Oracles and Gorgons are basically quantum supercomputers that calculate reality and utilize a weaponized ontology to determine what is and is not real. This is why a Gorgon can look at you and kill you, because it simply unwrites you from existence. Oracles make changes and revisions to reality, and the Templar/Aetheon processes these calculations into existence.

The relic is the last, dying, desperate act of Kabr, a guardian who managed to send word that this was happening. He basically killed a Gorgon himself and hammered its corpse into a vessel for the Light, turning it into a shield that maintains a small space of stable reality around it. Throughout the raid, the Vex are constantly trying to separate you from it, throwing it into the past or future where it can't be used against them. All the guns and armor you find in the raid are the remnants of Kabr's failed raid and will give further info about their wielders and the events of the raid itself. In fact, some of the general exotics in the game once belonged to friends of Kabr too. The Super Good Advice machine gun is one such example but comes from the exotic bounties. This was crafted by a hunter named Pahanin who passed Kabr's warning about the Vault from Venus. After witnessing what happened to Kabr he became deathly afraid of being alone; he reckoned that he could only continue existing as long as someone was able to perceive him. So, to ensure that a mind could perceive him at all times he used an AI gun.

Erevador

So, I made an incredibly insane video about the existential experience of playing Destiny. I thought GAF might appreciate and understand the madness within. Also it makes me laugh, and was really fun to make.

Requiem for a Guardian: The Existential Horror of DESTINY
Well done :)
Thank you! It was the best way I could think of to express my feelings about a game that really enjoys abusing me, but that I still can't stop playing and obsessing over.

Typical, t got a purple engram that turned into patience and time exotic sniper rifle, is it worth getting the Ice Breaker instead? And how well does the invisible and rader when scoped work is it only any use in PVP?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I was going to ask how you have so few coins but the rest of your post answered my question haha I have around 70, IB is the first thing I've been even remotely tempted to buy since having enough coins. If they would consider doing something with the engrams besides a damn helmet *chest cough chest* I could use all these motes burning a hole in my pocket to try and get Praxic that way.
I have purchased thus far:
  • Gjallarhorn
  • Knucklehead Radar
  • SUROS Regime despite opposing it ideologically
  • Helm of Saint-14 for a Titan I haven't created yet
Rather happy with all of the purchases :)

I got Praxic fire from the first chest engram he had :X

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Does anybody know if The Glasshouse (Titan Exotic Helm) is actually in the game?

I can't find any info on it besides this DB entry - but the longer lasting weapons of light perk is very enticing.
There are a few exotics we know the name of but can't seem to actually get evidence of existing in-game. that's one of 'em. probably coming in the DLC

21 minutes before I head home to get us to 100 pages you guys. I BELIEVE IN YOU

I can't decide if I want to spend my last 13 coins on the helm for my titan (currently has chest of the alpha lupi ) or the voidfang chest for my warlock (currently has sunbreakers)

Do you use Striker on titan? The helm of Inmost Light is for Striker subclass. Same question for Voidwalker Warlock.

That's how you should figure it out.

I have purchased thus far:
  • Gjallarhorn
  • Knucklehead Radar
  • SUROS Regime despite opposing it ideologically
  • Helm of Saint-14 for a Titan I haven't created yet
Rather happy with all of the purchases :)

I got Praxic fire from the first chest engram he had :X

I fully intend to buy Gjallarhorn when it comes back around and it's kind of tempting to look at the Titan helmet since after getting this guy to 30, Titan is what I'd make next. As for the bold..... ;_;

Just got my 2nd exotic bounty, Pocket Infinity here I come!

You poor poor soul, if only you had 10 rare fusion rifles lying in the vault for this. Prepare for frustration and disappointment trying to get past that phase. Just know that the weapon is a great one when you fall to despair and look for the light at the end of the tunnel. You could end up like me however, and have it take so long to get those rifles that you end up getting better or at least more useful weapons by the time you get PI :|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom