• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT7| "In the Garden of Suros" by I. Ron Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know if the amount of XP required to level up after 20 is exponential, or something close to it?

For example, let's say it takes 1000 XP to get to "level 21" and earn a Mote of Light. Does it take another 1000 to level up to "22," or does the required amount jump up further?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Weird. I was just put in a game with no opposing team and my team won automatically.
Did you get a Hawkmoon?
Does anyone know if the amount of XP required to level up after 20 is exponential, or something close to it?

For example, let's say it takes 1000 XP to get to "level 21" and earn a Mote of Light. Does it take another 1000 to level up to "22," or does the required amount jump up further?
I'm almost positive it's the amount of XP it took to get from 19 to 20, forever, but I haven't tested it or anything.

Do you guys think it's wrong to be sexualy attracted to a inanimate 3D virtual object?

God dam this Monte Carlo is sexy.

Tried it in some PvP and in some strikes and love it, has a bit of a kick when you start shooting but one get's used to it.

Anyways as weapon crushes goes, I just need a Hawkmoon now :p

This game has given me everything except the one AR I've always wanted. Oh Monte Carlo why do you elude me so.

BraXzy

Alrighty.. I'm starting on my Warlock. I'll see how the crucible goes for levelling once I hit 4. Should I go for Sunsinger from the start?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Watching video of the last word on youtube is like looking at pictures of your old girlfriend on Facebook with her new boyfriend.

Heart wrenching. When lord when? Whens gon be my time!?!?

k1t4j

Silly question, but how do you guys post your screenshots here.

I am quite proud of my hunter and wanted to share with you guys :)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
I am up for it.

pSN dekubleep

We are already friends pSn. You got a lot of responses already earlier too. Here is mine tgr first time:

To be added
Pretty sure I have you added. We're you in one of our raid groups? If not I'm looking for more gaffes to fill out my regular Tuesday raid group. We've got 2 random that probably won't be permanent members of our little fireteam.

Afrocious

Looking for folks to finish a Heroic Vault of Glass run I have. On the oracle part on my alt Warlock. Level 29s and 30s pls. PS4 PSN: Afrodeeziyak

Bought the icebreaker and still have enough to get that voidfang chest. Never really used the axion grenade. Any good?

God yes. The bolts chase people down.

Deku Tree

Pretty sure I have you added. We're you in one of our raid groups? If not I'm looking for more gaffes to fill out my regular Tuesday raid group. We've got 2 random that probably won't be permanent members of our little fireteam.

Probably. I think so, but I am not sure what is your pSn. I can do Tuesday's for the raid.

Yaari

Ice Breaker question, the first row of upgrades all say exactly the same thing, but how are they any different from eachother? They are all about improve range and impact, yet you can pick only one at a time? A little confused there.

Otherwise it is coins well spend, and I am stomping through my Daily quest, can't way to go to the weekly tomorrow. It will be fun.

SharkJAW

This game has given me everything except the one AR I've always wanted. Oh Monte Carlo why do you elude me so.
Monte Carlo looks good, but a bunch of ARs are functionally better. It'd be better with a stability buff, but as it stands, some legendaries and a couple rares are more viable.

Afrocious

For the new page:

Looking for people to finish the Hard mode VoG raid right now. I'm on my alt Sunsinger and have a save on the oracle part. However, I may not be able to start it from there since I've never beaten the raid at all on this toon.

PS4. PSN: Afrodeeziyak. Figs? Namakazie? Regular folks?

Arrrammis

Hello first exotic bounty should I rock a dubious task, todlands legacy or a light in the dark.

Thanks you guys are always helpful :)

Dubious task is for the Invective shotgun, Tolands legacy is the Bad Juju Pulse rifle, and A light in the dark is for the Thorn hand cannon. Really it depends on which kind you want. Bad Juju and Thorn are getting a buff soon (I'm not totally sure they need it, but I'm not compaining) since they are often called underpowered.

Flo_Evans

For the new page:

Looking for people to finish the Hard mode VoG raid right now. I'm on my alt Sunsinger and have a save on the oracle part. However, I may not be able to start it from there since I've never beaten the raid at all on this toon.

Still at work but hard raid is my weekend plans. Send me a PM here or on PSN and I will join.

edit PSN is: Flo_Evans, pretty sure I've added you but it gets confusing.

For the new page:

how much loot will i have missed if i join you at oracles? was there a drop before that?

Angry Guy

Is it even possible for me to be invited to the weekly strike if I'm sick underleveled for it? I need 10 more strange coins and I don't know if I can level up an alt all the way from 11 to 25 or whatever in time to get everything I want from Xur...

I can't decide if I want to spend my last 13 coins on the helm for my titan (currently has chest of the alpha lupi ) or the voidfang chest for my warlock (currently has sunbreakers)

ethomaz

Banned
For the new page:

Can I join? Warlock 29.

I finished my work right now :D

Afrocious

how much loot will i have missed if i join you at oracles? was there a drop before that?

Hmm... I think you miss out on that first chest if you haven't raided at all this week (I think you went on Tuesday with the group when I was out).

I think that's it. I think the first real drop comes from after beating the Oracle part.

jay23

I wish bungie would update the stock on crucible/vanguard gear. Give us a chance at getting those weapons with different perks.

Hmm... I think you miss out on that first chest if you haven't raided at all this week (I think you went on Tuesday with the group when I was out).

I think that's it. I think the first real drop comes from after beating the Oracle part.

eh, it's just ass energy though. i'll bring my hunter alt. looking for raid boots

Arrrammis

Silly question, but how do you guys post your screenshots here.

I am quite proud of my hunter and wanted to share with you guys :)

Take the screenshot on the ps4, then save it on a USB drive. Copy it onto your computer, then upload it to an image sharing site (Imgur works very well, it also automatically formats your image for forum posts). Then post it here. A bit complicated, but it works well.

This is true, but it still doesn't fix the root problem I have with the bounty. It forces people to use a specialized weapon in all encounters, just so they can complete the bounty.

Think of it this way: I could play the game like normal using my primary and go 18-10. If I didn't use a void weapon, I lose 20 points from the bounty.Or, I use my void weapon all the time, go 5-10 at the expense of my team. Who cares! I got 5 points towards the gun's bounty. Far out example, I know, but it shows how teammates and winning come second when people are adamant about completing the Thorn bounty.

Bungie has too high of an opinion of players if they don't realize that the majority are selfish and will choose option 2.

Those players should play Rumble.

MajorPain

I picked up the bounty Toland's Legacy and am close to completing the 25 strike missions. I guess the next step is to score 10,000 points in the crucible. Problem is I really suck at the pvp in this game. I was reading that you need to have a k/d > 1 to get this, can anyone confirm this? Or does k/d not matter?

MADGAME

Or, perhaps they were communicating with a more powerful faction of the hive, who come to investigate after their communication device was destroyed... Which gives us the new raid.
I hope so, I hope hunting/killing Crota is involved.

Why were they shrouding the Traveler anyways. They didn't seem to have much of a presence on earth to attack the Tower with?
The post below nails it.

There were two major things we did against The Hive. The first thing we did was free and return a piece of The Traveler that they were casting spells on that were hindering it. The second thing we did was destroy some kind of device they were communing with that was in communication with some other unknown entity.

We didn't destroy them. We didn't clear them out of The Moon. Dinklebot says the underground passageways go on for miles and miles. Much more than our Guardian ever sees.

In fact, we haven't beaten any of the factions. All we did was weaken them. We destroyed one Fallen Tribes Deity (Sepiks Prime). Killed another Fallen Tribes leader (Winter's Kell). Destroyed a device The Hive were using to communicate with and channel power from an unknown entity (Shrine of Oryx). Destroyed a major source of power of The Vex (Black Garden "Heart"), slightly weakened The Cabal's military might by taking out one of their high ranking Commanders along with his Lt's, and if you're on PS4 defeated The Cabal's Psion Flayers, preventing them from taking over what was left of the Martian Warmind (Dust Palace).

Edit: There's even more story accomplishments if you've done Vault of Glass but I won't go into that here really.

Yep, thanks for the refresh. Looking forward to a Moon Raid!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom