• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Destiny |OT 30| Unlimited POWWAAH
Destiny |OT 30| Oh, what a blade. what a lovely blade (For you mad max fans)
Destiny |OT 30| It gives you wings
Destiny The Taken King |OT| Starring: Seahawks, Palpatine, & Legolas

Namikaze1

Here's mine.
bkd8muH.png
Can you send it to me via PM, please?
So we have to crop the emblems ourselves?
You can if you want. Makes my job easier if you guys do.

It bothers me that there is no really popular bow and arrow wielding fictional character.

Sunbreakers have Thor
Stormcallers have Palpatine
Nighstalkers have.... nobody, because whoever you're thinking of isn't as good as those two.

And all of the Nightstalker media has portrayed the Hunter as a female, so that limits the candidates even further.

No Nami, it's not Katniss.

X-Frame

It bothers me that there is no really popular bow and arrow wielding fictional character.

Sunbreakers have Thor
Nighstalkers have.... nobody, because whoever you're thinking of isn't as good as those two.

And all of the Nightstalker media has portrayed the Hunter as a female, so that limits the candidates even further.

Katniss.

EDIT: Beaten, haha.

Sunbreakers have Thor

I'd say Robin Hood > Palpatine, at least in name recognition.

Sunbreakers have Thor

Artemis / Diana (Literally the goddess of the moon and the hunt, i.e. nightstalking)
It's Katniss

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
So I got the Tomorrows Answer from Trials and I ran with it in a few strikes but didn't feel it. Is it worth upgrading?

I have an Uppercut Payload which is also Void but I could roll for an Arc since I don't have a rocket launch Arc.

E92 M3

Thinking about it overnight, I've decided that Long Live the King is actually a really good title for a couple reasons: Destiny is the king of OTs on GAF and it's a title that's very accepting to new members. Meaning, it's not an obscure reference or requires extensive Destiny knowledge.

Just saw this, too.
I was relying on the Weeklys for that 1000 rep T_T
Oh well.

Me too, my carefully laid plans gone up in smoke. I don't know what Bungies problem is with just giving us all the information in one go instead of this stupid drip feed

Theres a storm coming, I can feel it in my bones

He's not currently relevant though, is he? Or perhaps that's just my ignorance. I know the name, but "bow and arrow" doesn't immediately come to mind - not on the level of the other two.

There hasn't been a decent movie made of him in 20+ years, but I'd say he's still a well known fictional character. Green arrow works too, but he's a B-level comic character.

So I got the Tomorrows Answer from Trials and I ran with it in a few strikes but didn't feel it. Is it worth upgrading?

I have an Uppercut Payload which is also Void but I could roll for an Arc since I don't have a rocket launch Arc.
Uppercut payload is terrible due to its incredibly low velocity.

KxoZz

Me too, my carefully laid plans gone up in smoke. I don't know what Bungies problem is with just giving us all the information in one go instead of this stupid drip feed

Theres a storm coming, I can feel it in my bones

This should have been in the Weekly Update really.
Luckily I still have Dead Orbit left to edge.

X-Frame

My favorite Striker exotic armor piece is the Peregrine Greaves. I can't even say how many times I've one-shotted a Warlock in Radiance or Bladedancer or Ramlock or even a Titan in his bubble w/ Armor of Light.

It's also one of the few unique and creative exotics for the Striker Titan. I really hope it comes in Year 2. With my luck though they'll bring forth the terrible Mk. 44 Stand Asides.

My favorite Striker exotic armor piece is the Peregrine Greaves. I can't even say how many times I've one-shotted a Warlock in Radiance or Bladedancer or Ramlock or even a Titan in his bubble w/ Armor of Light.

It's also one of the few unique and creative exotics for the Striker Titan. I really hope it comes in Year 2. With my luck though they'll bring forth the terrible Mk. 44 Stand Asides.

Yup. Killing other titans in bubbles is the best, as most just don't expect that particular move. Not very many people use them so it's rare.

Anastasis

So we've got at least 3 places for titles, correct?

This community OT - I still think Up All Night to Hit 40 probably expresses us most clearly right now.

Destiny 2.0 in gaming which will morph into Destiny The Taken King OT, which means two titles potentially. I like Meta Critic for 2.0 (though I'm biased here), but that title likely wouldn't work for TTK one it changes on the 15th. Long Live the King could be good for once that OT changes names.

Gordon

Sunbreakers have Thor

Robin Hood? Unless you're hung up on a recent female character..

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thinking about it overnight, I've decided that Long Live the King is actually a really good title for a couple reasons: Destiny is the king of OTs on GAF and it's a title that's very accepting to new members. Meaning, it's not an obscure reference or requires extensive Destiny knowledge.

mhm

One more for a Nightfall, anyone need the rewards? Otherwise I'll grab kaio :)

Deku Tree

Not sure if posted, but there will be no weekly/daily activities next week. (Weekly Heroic/Nightfall/Daily Heroic)

https://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/151447451/0/0

Edit: This plus no Trials next week, of course. Wonder if Xur will still come?

Edit 2: What about Raid/PoE resets? Hmmmmm...

BNGHelp1
BNGHelp1 16h 3m ago
When Destiny 2.0.0 update releases, there will be no Weekly or Daily events (Nightfall, Daily Heroic Story, Heroic Strike) available for the week of September 8 - September 14, 2015.
Comment Start Related Topic Report

So probably you can still do the NF and weekly Tiesday between reset and 2.0 deployment. But not afterwards.

Top Bottom