• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

TL;DR
I thought Destiny was cool. I got bored with Destiny. I stopped being bored with Destiny. I think Destiny is cool.

Great story and congrats on getting the triumphs done! Most of us have memorable stories and moments from Destiny and playing with DGAF, glad to have heard yours :)

Looking for a group for my first ever runs through Vault of Glass and/or Crota. 31 hunter. PSN is Tragicomedy.

Any takers? I have a headset and mic ready to go.

I'd take a Trial carry, too. :)

Namikaze1

Awesome story, vid. :)
Crota was next, right? So I jumped on a train of GAF folks who were preparing to run it.

It was a little tougher than I had expected. I figured Level 33 would be more than enough to run Normal Crota with no issues, but a few enemies were hitting harder than I expected, and not being able to be revived after a death was a pretty shocking addition. It wasn't until after the raid was over than I checked my Triumphs and saw Crota was also lit.

"Whoa, guys! I think the raid bugged or something, I got Triumph credit for this, even though we didn't do it on hard!" - Somehow I still hadn't put together the obvious. "Oh, this was Hard! Didn't you notice the lack of revives?"

I remember this. You did pretty good. :)

Namikaze1

I won't be home and in a position to send you a emblem picture in the next 24 hrs. If you're feeling extra generous, you can head to my bungie.net profile and pull one from there for me :) It's not a big deal really, I don't post anywhere near as much as I read.
I'll do it in the morning. MGS got me all tired and shit. Trying to complete things without a single alert
and failing
. Just PM me your ID, okay. :)

BondFancy

Only after the Hand Cannon nerf. You won't know its true beauty.

Cold as ice...savage.

zvCw1LK.gif

neoemonk

I played Destiny at launch but stopped at level 25. I preordered Taken King legendary edition and now have access to both DLCs.

There's a lot of new stuff to do. Any suggestions on what I should focus on to get prepared for the Taken King? Is there a minimum level I'll need to get to in order to play the newest content? I started on the Crota storyline for now just to see it but I was curious where to best spend my time.

Anastasis

I played Destiny at launch but stopped at level 25. I preordered Taken King legendary edition and now have access to both DLCs.

There's a lot of new stuff to do. Any suggestions on what I should focus on to get prepared for the Taken King? Is there a minimum level I'll need to get to in order to play the newest content? I started on the Crota storyline for now just to see it but I was curious where to best spend my time.

You're right at the starting point of the Taken King. I'd wait for Tueaday when your level is no longer tied to your gear and then grind to level 34 by playing through whatever story missions give you XP or you can try out the new PvP modes as well.

todd360

I can't help you. My stats say otherwise. We all know that stats mean everything. This isn't dragonball z. You can't just hide your power level and increase it when you find a worthy opponent.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking for one to help me get two wins in Trials, I got a 3-1 card right now. Sitting in orbit with reign of sparrows

Anastasis

For the hunted fallen grimoire, just killing them is enough to get it, we don't need the actual bounty, correct? Is that that only grimoire leaving that we need to worry about? Thanks!

todd360

Looking for one to help me get two wins in Trials, I got a 3-1 card right now. Sitting in orbit with reign of sparrows

I'm down for 2 matches

Edit: damn it hawkian. I logged in for nothing

I have shit stats too. Let's hug it out.

😍 I'm enjoying this hug.

My stats aren't even bad. It was mostly poking fun at the people here who judge others on their stats. They see average stats and think they have a easy victory. Its just getting on my nerves.

stb

Room for 2 for a quick DS/CE HM if anyone needs. Newbie's who need the triumph are totally welcome.

I'll join if you have room;I believe you're on my FL so I'll jump in if that's cool.

Finally getting around to posting.

We grouped up to finish the HM DS/Crota kills we'd started Tuesday night because, hey, why not, right?

Only 4 of us were around, but then Verde hopped in, then ThingontheFloor responded to science's post, so we were wheels up.

I'm not sure how, but everyone but me and TotF died during and directly after DS, but before the loot drop.

Then it happened:

jp0M3XP.png

Lauren seemed impressed.

I didn't even see it.

Science said "Hawkmoon!" and I told him to fuck off because it's become a bit of an inside joke at this point that science, GRIP, or DaveS78 get Hawkmoons all the time. Then Verde said "congrats, Berried!" and I was all "wait, what? Why are you congratulating me?".

We eventually got it all sorted, but I'm disappointed I didn't get to "see" it drop. I saved the PS4 video and watched it back, and it DID appear in the text crawl on the bottom left (hence the screenshot), but it didn't appear with my shards because my primaries were full =(

I was super psyched to see it at the postmaster, though.

As if that wasn't enough, the Crota kill was interesting, too. Killing the adds at the beginning yeilded *11* heavy ammo drops, and I joked "everything's coming up Treasure!". Little did I know this was going to happen:

2 of the 3 droppable exotics I was missing were granted in the same DS/Crota kill.

Amazing.

I'd been waiting for Hawkmoon for 363 days, and have been saying/singing "HAWKMOOOOOOON!" before opening every Gorgon chest, and saying things like "I dunno, this run feels pretty hawkmoony." for almost all other exotic-dropping encounters.

The one time I totally forget about it is when it drops. Sonofabitch.

The Crux I can't complain about, as I'd only done HM Crota twice(?) before we were all 33/34, and we've only run it a few times since then. Now I just need to grind up my Husk.

Huge thanks to my raid crew (captscience, DaveS78, GRIP, Haybro, schwagger15, and Capt_Verde) for all the runs leading up to this, and ThingontheFloor for filling in and bearing witness to the event. This Hawkmoon is for you (but if you try to touch it, I'll shove you off the edge at the bottom of the VoG jumping puzzle).

Arrrammis

For the hunted fallen grimoire, just killing them is enough to get it, we don't need the actual bounty, correct? Is that that only grimoire leaving that we need to worry about? Thanks!
That is correct, on both counts. There is one target that you need the bounty to reach (the bounty opens up a special mission on the moon), everything else can be found in patrol or in a story mission (unless they fixed it, you need to run the HoW mission with the assassin guys three times to get the card.

Level 33 up for anything. I have a few treasure keys to use if anyone is up for trials. Never tried skloas though. I also need crota on normal/hard.

Psn: gamerecks

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
And just like that Mercury for all characters.

Good Salvage and Trials runs Zoba and *Sensitive Commando.

*Val has changed his title to Sensitive Commando

Top Bottom