• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

GhaleonEB

Finally have all my characters ready for 2.0 and the Taken King to drop. I try to manage them so each character has a different play style, largely distinguished by weapons, but I do try to play each a bit differently.

My Hunter goes in fully loaded with all her legendary and exotic gear. Will replace as better stuff drops. My Warlock will restart on Tuesday. The Titan will be somewhere in between: I left her with just one primary, a shotty and a rocket launcher. She'll take what she can get and rebuild her arsenal from the ground up when TTK lands.

Just trying to find ways to put each on a slightly different journey. I don't think I've ever been this excited to re-start a game before. :lol

neoism

so guys will the patch go up at 1est....?
18gbs....😫😩 it took 7 hours to dl the cod beta it was only 13 or something....

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Finally have all my characters ready for 2.0 and the Taken King to drop. I try to manage them so each character has a different play style, largely distinguished by weapons, but I do try to play each a bit differently.

My Hunter goes in fully loaded with all her legendary and exotic gear. Will replace as better stuff drops. My Warlock will restart on Tuesday. The Titan will be somewhere in between: I left her with just one primary, a shotty and a rocket launcher. She'll take what she can get and rebuild her arsenal from the ground up when TTK lands.

Just trying to find ways to put each on a slightly different journey. I don't think I've ever been this excited to re-start a game before. :lol
Why're you still restarting your space magician? I thought urk said something was in place to prevent that from being necessary.

The patch will hopefully download via the ps4 and not from within Destiny.

That would be a bummer, being unable to use the console while the update is being downloaded.

neoism

That would be a bummer, being unable to use the console while the update is being downloaded.

havent every update just auto started then when you start it up it installs it within the game...

Hedge

That would suck. I'd be forced to work on the empirical data I need for my final BA project. Please don't force me to work, Bungie!

Not keeping any bounties stored up as i am happy starting from 34 on my two main toons before we get into TTK. Also looking forward to starting a new story tomorrow with the quests introduced and nolanbot to see what he was up to.

Just a couple of queries which has probably been asked a few times but would appreciate an answer for if the info is out there:

1) I know the patch notes state that any uncompleted Year One exotic bounties (of which i have a few) will be auto-completed to vendor - so does this mean they will be bumped up to the final stage for hand in or will it just give you the weapon on log in? If the latter i hope i don't get something random for the Cipher bounty.

2) What does the removal of house of wolves content in patrols mean for Queens Wrath Rep? Surely half those bounties go down the toilet are they simply just removing it entirely?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Some real fun trials matches tonight, thanks to all :D

I'll ask lots more times but let this be the first:

Have an awesome gif that goes along with a Year 1 Destiny story? PM it to me with a sentence or two telling what happened for inclusion in the OT30 Retrospective!

Finished Skolas for the first time today. Only Moment of Triumph thing I needed. Was no joke, but once you understand the mechanics it's a simple fight.

I got the Elder Cipher, surprisingly. Picked Lord of Wolves. It should just auto complete with the update, correct?

Elder Cipher is actually guaranteed the first time you kill Skolas, unless you've already gotten a Cipher from a Lv34 PoE. This is true per account and might even be true per character.

Yes the Cipher will auto complete.

GhaleonEB

Why're you still restarting your space magician? I thought urk said something was in place to prevent that from being necessary.
I want to see what the new 1-40 experience is like from scratch. I'm sure we can run some of the old missions in their new questline structure, but I want to experience it from the beginning and all that entails. The new lower level gear, how the earlier expansions get integrated into the main quest, the new story context, what it's like being a newbie and rolling with the new patrols, bringing up a faction alongside the Vanguard, being a newbie and cowering from Taken events, etc.

Really just from a curiosity standpoint, I am interested in how a new character advances, and whether I hit any of the same bottlenecks I did before (materials, weapon parts, etc.). And I want to hear the whole campaign with NorthGhost, in order.

ghal is this for the gaming side and this one will continue..? like one in gaming and the 30th+++ in community?
Yeah, they'll run in parallel. Taken King focused thread for the Gaming thread / masses. This thread will co-exist. I'm guessing after a month or so discussion will have refocused here - which is when we'd normally move an OT to Community anyways.

Anyone want to help me carry my friend through the first few parts of vog? He's only 24 and we are trying to get him a few pieces of armor.

Psn : Subtervotion

Edit: nvm just doing HoW.

Not keeping any bounties stored up as i am happy starting from 34 on my two main toons before we get into TTK. Also looking forward to starting a new story tomorrow with the quests introduced and nolanbot to see what he was up to.

Just a couple of queries which has probably been asked a few times but would appreciate an answer for if the info is out there:

1) I know the patch notes state that any uncompleted Year One exotic bounties (of which i have a few) will be auto-completed to vendor - so does this mean they will be bumped up to the final stage for hand in or will it just give you the weapon on log in? If the latter i hope i don't get something random for the Cipher bounty.

2) What does the removal of house of wolves content in patrols mean for Queens Wrath Rep? Surely half those bounties go down the toilet are they simply just removing it entirely?

1.) I don't think they've said for sure but I would bet my bottom dollar you'll be able to pick which Cipher weapon you want.

2.) Queens rep is going the way of the dodo I believe. They are removing the prowling Wolf spawns so you wouldn't be able to do the bounties anyway like you said.

EloquentM

aka Mannny
I want to see what the new 1-40 experience is like from scratch. I'm sure we can run some of the old missions in their new questline structure, but I want to experience it from the beginning and all that entails. The new lower level gear, how the earlier expansions get integrated into the main quest, the new story context, what it's like being a newbie and rolling with the new patrols, bringing up a faction alongside the Vanguard, being a newbie and cowering from Taken events, etc.

Really just from a curiosity standpoint, I am interested in how a new character advances, and whether I hit any of the same bottlenecks I did before (materials, weapon parts, etc.). And I want to hear the whole campaign with NorthGhost, in order.

Yeah, they'll run in parallel. Taken King focused thread for the Gaming thread / masses. This thread will co-exist. I'm guessing after a month or so discussion will have refocused here - which is when we'd normally move an OT to Community anyways.
you know what, You're right. I'm gonna take the time to do that as well.

I want to see what the new 1-40 experience is like from scratch.

I would make a new PSN account and start a character there if I just wanted to experience this. But I'm super duper attached to each of my characters by now, and I realize maybe not everyone is the same. I'd hate to lose all the stats associated with any character.

Just tried to get to Skolas for 3 1/2 hours!!! Got to the fourth room, but couldn't kill our target...I am a failure!

You're not still there are you?

LTWood12

Some real fun trials matches tonight, thanks to all :D

I'll ask lots more times but let this be the first:

Have an awesome gif that goes along with a Year 1 Destiny story? PM it to me with a sentence or two telling what happened for inclusion in the OT30 Retrospective!

It was fun! Boy was I bad.

xPhinehas

I would make a new PSN account and start a character there if I just wanted to experience this. But I'm super duper attached to each of my characters by now, and I realize maybe not everyone is the same. I'd hate to lose all the stats associated with any character.

You're not still there are you?

No...we threw in the towel...

Could I get some help with the nightfall? PSN: Afrodeeziyak. I'm on PS4

QJdsrj0.gif

xPhinehas

^you have so many animal reaction gifs, wtf.

Welcome back Afro! (this is DrDrizzay, we used to run flawless VoG attempts way back in the day when Atheon was a glitched mofo)

Damn, sorry to hear that. I'll try to get you in a run this week if you still need it for the Triumphs.

That would be amazing!

8 successful Mercury voyages today, won 56 of 57 games. Congrats to all the first timers and everyone else who played with us or just hung out in Wicked's chat. Very fun stuff!

Won 35 rounds, only lost those 3 on the entire Mercury run. Six 5-0 games, lol. That was a nice relaxing change of pace from some of the other carries today, haha.

That was amazing both in chat and the stream.

We all thought it wasn't possible but it happened the Combat Marmot got to Mercury and because it wouldn't be a tasty run with out some tasty drama all without the mercy :d

Edit 10x Bounties on all characters, just need 17 marks on my warlock and 3x weekly later for the last big XP boost and i'm ready for 2.0

Is there a summary for all the changes happening tomorrow? Haven't been keeping up. I keep forgetting to farm PE packages as well.

:(

Damn you TPP!

Thank you boguester and chur for the skolas run.

Thank you guys for joining. I can't imagine having to do the first 5 rounds as much you do, thanks for the sherpa.

I've been slacking on posting pics of Skolas School graduate, but congrats to Chur and DreadfulOmen for our very fun and fast kill. Major thanks to Chur for beast-mode solo'ing his way up to Skolas and making it extra easy on me.

COR3miyUYAA4Ze3.jpg:large

Since Trials is gone after tomorrow I should have plenty of time for last-minute Skolas runs this week.

Journey down. Such a great little game. I feel good that I'm finally completing some of these other great gems I've missed out on. I love the art and music of it.

Tomorrow, I need an xb nightfall, some trials on whichever, and maybe a Skolas on each :p

Anastasis

Monday the 14th we should have an ongoing streaming DGAF sword school - killing Crota over and over again in a ritual summoning Oryx to seek his revenge.

Top Bottom