• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

That was amazing both in chat and the stream.

We all thought it wasn't possible but it happened the Combat Marmot got to Mercury and because it wouldn't be a tasty run with out some tasty drama all without the mercy :d

Edit 10x Bounties on all characters, just need 17 marks on my warlock and 3x weekly later for the last big XP boost and i'm ready for 2.0

What is this? Combat Marmot Bob got to Mercury?! What is this sorcery?

She managed to break Blaze and Inapplicable, but I see Drizzy and JGW are just too awesome. Congrats!

ocean

Banned
Could I get some help with the nightfall? PSN: Afrodeeziyak. I'm on PS4
Damn, haven't seen you around here in the longest time! We played together a few times back at launch. Feel free to add me if you feel like running anything, I'm a_javierp on PSN.

Btw and excuse my snooping around: your Prudence and Epitaph Sniper Rifles make me green with envy, fantastic PvP perks on 'em. Think twice before dismantling, even if they get "left behind" for PvE they still look super fun for Crucible.

Afrocious

iARqNvDBhiHnp.gif

qsj8SDC.gif

^you have so many animal reaction gifs, wtf.

Welcome back Afro! (this is DrDrizzay, we used to run flawless VoG attempts way back in the day when Atheon was a glitched mofo)

Oh hey man! It's been a while. Don't remind me of that glitched Atheon though. That was literally the last time I picked the game up before now :(.

Damn, haven't seen you around here in the longest time! We played together a few times back at launch. Feel free to add me if you feel like running anything, I'm a_javierp on PSN.

Btw and excuse my snooping around: your Prudence and Epitaph Sniper Rifles make me green with envy, fantastic PvP perks on 'em. Think twice before dismantling, even if they get "left behind" for PvE they still look super fun for Crucible.

Lol definitely. I'm only level 32 though. Trying to figure out what I'm going to do with gear now.

My friend was telling me about my weapons. I'm not versed on what's good and what's not anymore, but apparently some guns aren't easily found anymore or something.

Jblanks

Does anyone else get pretty consistent Weasel errors (PS4) ? I've tried everything Bungie recommended but no luck. My connection is wired too. I'm starting to think it might be my router/modem that is causing problems.

ocean

Banned
qsj8SDC.gif

Oh hey man! It's been a while. Don't remind me of that glitched Atheon though. That was literally the last time I picked the game up before now :(.

Lol definitely. I'm only level 32 though. Trying to figure out what I'm going to do with gear now.

My friend was telling me about my weapons. I'm not versed on what's good and what's not anymore, but apparently some guns aren't easily found anymore or something.
Some stuff isn't found at all actually, including basically every old Vendor weapon.

As for gear...I wouldn't worry too much about it. It'll be meaningless in a week.

I'd say if you want a good head start, you can maybe try the Trials of Osiris tonight with some strong player like Drizzay or Zoba (or both lol). Winning a flawless streak in this PvP mode can net you a current attack cap elemental primary, a great Scout Rifle on sale, a 42 Light Helm and enough Etheric Light so you can upgrade your remaining armor pieces. That way you'll be level 34 right away :)

Welcome back!

Raybunny

Good moooorrrrrning Neogaf (impersonating Robin Williams).

What a fine day and who's ready for work?
autocollant-lapin-cretin-bricoleur.jpg

Daily report:

- If wiling to give a shot, don't forget to keep the maximum amount of bounties ready to be returned to their respective npc's,
- The blacksmith had a change of heart and will present us some nifty things in the coming days. (The only smart thing about him to be honest),
- Tomorrow is one fine day for Destiny players. Make sure to protect your carrots cause baboons, centipedes, urchins, stingrays might lurk in the deepest corners of the Bunnyverse,
- Reports of Apples hitting those brave enough to face the crucible realm have been previously announced so make sure you get one of those beautiful "Eternal Warrior" helmets for your guardian,
- Warlocks be careful hammers are descending upon you. First the hunters stole your blink and now the titans will steal your soul( oh wait you don't have any the void is within you!).

Lastly but not least Bunnehs will rule the world. This was your daily report. Thank you for tunning NeoGaf.

GutZ31

Destiny |OT♦30| Reliving Twilight Gap
Destiny |OT♦30| Identity
Destiny |OT♦30| Return of the Body Snatchers
Destiny |OT♦30| Weekend at Drizzay's
Destiny |OT♦30| Bone Thugs and Royalty
Destiny |OT♦30| People Still Play This?
Destiny |OT♦30| All That Glimmer is Gold

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xxQs34UMx4

Made it to 100 Skolas kills yet Drizzay?

Not yet, sitting around ~85 now. There's an outside chance I could crack triple digits this last week if lots of people are still looking for runs. I've been trying to only run double newbies to keep the total number down. Repeating those first 5 rounds will put me in the looney bin otherwise.

Edit: I'm not totally opposed to single newbie runs especially since plenty of non-newbies still ask for help. But I gotta keep things a little reasonable.

Not yet, sitting around ~85 now. There's an outside chance I could crack triple digits this last week if lots of people are still looking for runs. I've been trying to only run double newbies to keep the total number down. Repeating those first 5 rounds will put me in the looney bin otherwise.

I get it. Don't mind doing Skolas but those 5 rounds are such a chore, especially the bullet sponge servitor :/

Firthy

Edit: I'm not totally opposed to single newbie runs especially since plenty of non-newbies still ask for help. But I gotta keep things a little reasonable.

I'm more than happy to run it however sits best for you, appreciate any help you can give to take him down and complete my moments of triumph!

GutZ31

They should cull that round, it's utterly pointless

It really shows the schizophrenic nature of bungies message to us when it comes to the PoE.

They lower Skola's health, and take away elemental burns to make him less grindy, and more of a challenge.

But all the other bosses are grindy bullet sponges, with little in the way of gimmicks.

GlamFM

Banned
Hey DGAF.

I'm currently on vacation but left my PS4 in rest mode at home.

Can I somehow force it from here to download the patch while I'm gone?

GutZ31

Hey DGAF.

I'm currently on vacation but left my PS4 in rest mode at home.

Can I somehow force it from here to download the patch while I'm gone?
If you set it in rest mode, it should already do background downloads without your input for patches.

What is this? Combat Marmot Bob got to Mercury?! What is this sorcery?

She managed to break Blaze and Inapplicable, but I see Drizzy and JGW are just too awesome. Congrats!

It was said to be impossible but at long last it was finished. She didn't have coins, but did have a raggedy old Passage with 1 win and the Mercy already used. So we won 6 straight (including a super sweaty 1-4 comeback) then bought the packages and the 2-for-1 boon. After defeating the final boss there was much rejoicing.

nxRjxqq.jpg

We managed to get 5 first timers there yesterday, plus another 3 runs with Zoba, Bitsurugi and iRawr.

I'm more than happy to run it however sits best for you, appreciate any help you can give to take him down and complete my moments of triumph!

Absolutely! I'm crashing now but will accept your FR next time I get online tomorrow. Happy to help.

Destiny |OT♦30| Weekend at Drizzay's

Naturally I'm partial to this one ;)

Next title isn't up to me but my vote is for Luke's suggestion, kinda hard to pass up the Creative Director's input lol.

Kyoufu

I really enjoyed that 1-4 comeback yesterday, especially when that Baron guy was teabagging at 4-1 up and then lost 4 straight rounds :lol

GutZ31

Naturally I'm partial to this one ;)

Next title isn't up to me but my vote is for Luke's suggestion, kinda hard to pass up the Creative Director's input lol.
I would rather have the title have some DGAF silliness, or cleverness than something that sounds too much like its PR speak.
Long Live the King sounds like something Bungie would use in one of their own promo videos for Destiny.
I rather keep the titles feeling like GAF had something to do with it's creation.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Man I want that Trials helm. Have no care for Mercury all though it would be nice. 5 wins is all I need or 3 with the 2 consumble boosts.

I would rather have the title have some DGAF silliness, or cleverness than something that sounds too much like its PR speak.
Long Live the King sounds like something Bungie would use in one of their own promo videos for Destiny.
I rather keep the titles feeling like GAF had something to do with it's creation.

Yes, but out of the goodness of our hearts, let's give this one to Bungie, to Luke. He designed the raid after all.

If the raid disappoints, we can have the next 10 titles dedicated to that :p

ocean

Banned
Long Live the King works so well in my opinion. It ties in with the game itself, and also works as an inside message on the Destiny community going strong (probably the most active community on GAF) a full year after release.

Most importantly though I think this is discussed way, way too much :p doesn't matter, just pick whatever

Luke is displeased with your disloyalty.

luke-smith-bungie.jpg

GutZ31

Hmm... It usually starts downloading when I wake it up again.

I'll hope for the best!

Yes, but only if background downloads are enabled in rest mode settings.
Looks like you may not have the setting turned on for background downloads while in rest mode like Death says.

If you have a Vita, you can try to remote play to set it up, but it would be better to do it at the system.
ps4-automatic-updates-6-720x540.jpg

Skele7on

Banned
So was playing elimination solo yesterday.

I'm the last guy,
I grenade and melee the first
Snipe the second guy
Hear blade dance activate start running away
get behind a corner and turn around and kill him via a NLB to the face.

Got a video will upload later.

Boy did I laugh.

Elimination is by far my favorite Solo activity in PvP as it's pretty easy to manage when you're the last guy,

as people often make dumb mistakes and chase too hard.

My scuf shouuuld arrive tomorrow will let you know what I think once I've played a bunch with it.

I've been slacking on posting pics of Skolas School graduate, but congrats to Chur and DreadfulOmen for our very fun and fast kill. Major thanks to Chur for beast-mode solo'ing his way up to Skolas and making it extra easy on me.

COR3miyUYAA4Ze3.jpg:large

Since Trials is gone after tomorrow I should have plenty of time for last-minute Skolas runs this week.

Boguester, your experience and communication was on point dude. I think that's what made it such a smooth run.

Good news on all the Trials runs and Skolas runs!

I've kept up with the majority of news/tweets etc but just realised that I missed when patch 2.0 is dropping tomorrow? Is it as reset?

I heard mutterings that there may be a few hours between reset and 2.0 launching?

Apologies if it's been posted already - but they've tweeted out that the Gunsmith Rep/Weapons go live on Wednesday, not tomorrow as previously suggested.

Anyone willing to carry me to mercury? I'm pretty bad at pvp but would like to see it atleast once. I'll be online starting 6 hrs from now.

Top Bottom