• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

I rather keep the titles feeling like GAF had something to do with it's creation.

I mean a Gaffer did create it...

Like Ocean said it's just a shout-out to Bungie and an acknowledgment of the game's longevity. Not every title has to be silly or funny or even clever. Something simple and to the point is good every now and then. Ultimately it's Hawkian's decision.

I really enjoyed that 1-4 comeback yesterday, especially when that Baron guy was teabagging at 4-1 up and then lost 4 straight rounds :lol

BaronVonChokesaLot got revenge-bagged so hard when we won. So hard.

Never ever ever t-bag before the match is over. Never. Even if you are the type of lame-o who t-bags for no reason, at least win the damn game first.

BaronVonChokesaLot got revenge-bagged so hard when we won. So hard.

Never ever ever t-bag before the match is over. Never. Even if you are the type of lame-o who t-bags for no reason, at least win the damn game first.

Great stream and play yesterday ranging from BaronVonLagsaLot to the chat trolling a random by giving him the PSN of our scrubby non-GAF clan member.
In my opinion, this was way more entertaining than the usual streamers that steamroll while hundreds of people spam the chat. although you guys steamrolled most of the teams :p

Skele7on

Banned
If you can't keep the Gold headset in one piece then I fear for your Scuf pad tbh :p

HAHA, Well by my headset breaking I now have these arriving:

PlayStation-Gold-20th-Anniversary-Edition-3.jpg

*Heavenly music plays*

No Land Beyond
Sworn off by most as a waste of Strange Coins, used as a joke weapon by people who want to stack the odds against their favor, and every now and then it is the tool of destruction that wipes up a Crucible match by a slick, run and gun, sniper elitist faster than you can say “Welcome to my YouTube montage.” We built No Land Beyond for the quick sniping, PvP-minded player. However as many have pointed out since it was released, the weapon does not hold up in PvE.

Changes:
Increase weapon handling speed for faster time to aim, ready, and stow
Adjust sights to fix overlap/parallax issue while aimed
Increase time decay of The Master to 8 seconds
Add an additional 20% Precision Damage bonus while The Master is active

TOMORROW!!!!

Great stream and play yesterday ranging from BaronVonLagsaLot to the chat trolling a random by giving him the PSN of our scrubby non-GAF clan member.
In my opinion, this was way more entertaining than the usual streamers that steamroll while hundreds of people spam the chat. although you guys steamrolled most of the teams :p

I love streams like that, who was it got annoyed when I said JGW was abusing the TLW 111 glitch :D

GobFather

I have Destiny and so does my friend. But I wanted to watch them do POE35. So my friend did shareplay as host but when I join it says

"the host's game screen cannot be viewed because the game has not been released in your country or region. If the host starts a game that you can view, the game scene will be displayed"

We are both in Unitied States. Just in different states. Has anyone had an issue ? I just want to view my friends play :/

I love streams like that, who was it got annoyed when I said JGW was abusing the TLW 111 glitch :D

Probably the same random that said that they have to go to the Lighthouse in their own time, because he hates it when streamers do that lol. Personally, I like seeing the Lighthouse especially with first timers, their reaction is usually pure and golden and to be fair that's where everyone is working towards right? So why not just show it.

deadduck

We've had tongue in cheek mockery with Forever 29.

How many other OTs reach 30?

Long Live the King!

So much MGSV cramming this weekend, loving the break and such a good game, but excited to see the changes kicking in tomorrow (probably Wed for me because despite having 120mbps, I get about 3kbps on PSN)

Firthy

If anyone has the Skoriks bounty and doesn't mind me tagging along also, please send me a friend request so we can do this thing :) PSN firthy01

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Is there a sequence to the House of Judgment rewards offered for cores? Last week was the helm, this week boots so I'm wondering if we know what tomorrow will offer.

Kinda got what I need for my Titan but I might use the Core on a new Guardian instead if its a chest piece or something after reset.

The stream was golden yesterday, many first timers. The baron guy is a textbook example of why you never bag somebody before the game is over. Chat was great as well, especially when a certain SoM member got trolled so hard by having his PSN posted in it then spammed by someone wanting a carry.

I just wish I was as good at PvP, I failed horribly attempting to run with tasty :(

The stream was golden yesterday, many first timers. The baron guy is a textbook example of why you never bag somebody before the game is over. Chat was great as well, especially when a certain SoM member got trolled so hard by having his PSN posted in it then spammed by someone wanting a carry.

I just wish I was as good at PvP, I failed horribly attempting to run with tasty :(

Stop being broken, you have a higher K/D than I have ffs :p
Besides, I was hiding while you got rekt out there. Poor Navvaro though, his radar was constantly blocked because of scoldboy spamming messages and party invites.

Raybunny

Probably the same random that said that they have to go to the Lighthouse in their own time, because he hates it when streamers do that lol. Personally, I like seeing the Lighthouse especially with first timers, their reaction is usually pure and golden and to be fair that's where everyone is working towards right? So why not just show it.

It is really nice to see people arrive there for the first time. That feeling most of us had it and we do share sympathy with them. People that help someones desire / dream should be praised. Streaming is a good way for that.

Shito

Is there a sequence to the House of Judgment rewards offered for cores? Last week was the helm, this week boots so I'm wondering if we know what tomorrow will offer.

Kinda got what I need for my Titan but I might use the Core on a new Guardian instead if its a chest piece or something after reset.
Yeah, the pattern is fixed: gloves, chest, helm, boots.
Tomorrow will be gloves, sorry. :/

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Yeah, the pattern is fixed: gloves, chest, helm, boots.
Tomorrow will be gloves, sorry. :/

Alright cool. Give me an easier way now to work out what to get for who. Only have a few exotics for my other two guardians while everything else is rare but nothing legendary. I could buy today the gauntlets and boots tomorrow for my Warlock then try and get a chest piece from somewhere else for the time being or see how the year 2 blues turn out.

GlamFM

Banned
It was said to be impossible but at long last it was finished. She didn't have coins, but did have a raggedy old Passage with 1 win and the Mercy already used. So we won 6 straight (including a super sweaty 1-4 comeback) then bought the packages and the 2-for-1 boon. After defeating the final boss there was much rejoicing.

nxRjxqq.jpg

We managed to get 5 first timers there yesterday, plus another 3 runs with Zoba, Bitsurugi and iRawr.

Absolutely! I'm crashing now but will accept your FR next time I get online tomorrow. Happy to help.

Naturally I'm partial to this one ;)

Next title isn't up to me but my vote is for Luke's suggestion, kinda hard to pass up the Creative Director's input lol.

What did Luke suggest?

ocean

Banned
Nerfed Last Word tomorrow feels bad. Hopefully the Year 2 version has an improvement or new perk or something which helps mitigate the nerf.

has bungie said anything regarding character creation, like new faces and things. or even being able to change your characters appearance?

Liamc723

So, last night I had a dream about Destiny.

The one thing I can remember is that with the TTK, there would be an exotic piece of armour that would negate poisoning and burning from guns such as Thorn.

I think I'm gonna double down on that.

Daemul

Nerfed Last Word tomorrow feels bad. Hopefully the Year 2 version has an improvement or new perk or something which helps mitigate the nerf.
It's only nerfed for people who weren't using it as intended, for those of us who were it's getting a buff, it will be easier to two shot whilst hip firing now. TLW+Sniper will remain my loadout, because in the ranges where TLW isn't going to be as effective you should be using a sniper anyway.

It's still Monday night no matter where you are earth...are you on earth?

I am in Guam for me it's almost 9PM Monday night. I'm from Southern California which is 17 hours behind me. I sometimes forget that fact :) like in the case tonight when I stood I the tower waiting for 2AM to hit back home not realizing it I was a day early.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Seeing loads of new guardians out in the Cosmodrone this morning. Level 7 tried taking on a Devil Walker in a public event. Bless.

I have Destiny and so does my friend. But I wanted to watch them do POE35. So my friend did shareplay as host but when I join it says

"the host's game screen cannot be viewed because the game has not been released in your country or region. If the host starts a game that you can view, the game scene will be displayed"

We are both in Unitied States. Just in different states. Has anyone had an issue ? I just want to view my friends play :/
You currently can't shareplay Destiny at all. I have a feeling it has to do with Sony already labelling Destiny as The Taken King in some of their menus and in the store for the preload offers, and the fact that TTK itself isn't released yet.

Right now you have to start streaming if you want to let someone watch you play.

ocean

Banned
It's only nerfed for people who weren't using it as intended, for those of us who were it's getting a buff, it will be easier to two shot whilst hip firing now. TLW+Sniper will remain my loadout, because in the ranges where TLW isn't going to be as effective you should be using a sniper anyway.
"As intended" smh
TLW was super effective at mid range while ADS. At very close range when you could reliably hipfire it was already a beast. It's getting better at a use scenario where it didn't need any buffing, and getting nerfed in such a way as to be far less versatile.

Skele7on

Banned
the last word nerf is for those pricks gaming the system and making it a sniper with 111 damage and it should be nerfed as that's super annoying, it'll still be a good gun just not a sniper which is good.

I am most excited to see my baby NLB become a beast, it's going to be magical.

LOL:

Dat NLB...

Kyoufu

"As intended" smh
TLW was super effective at mid range while ADS. At very close range when you could reliably hipfire it was already a beast. It's getting better at a use scenario where it didn't need any buffing, and getting nerfed in such a way as to be far less versatile.

Bungie never intended TLW to do hip fire precision damage while ADS. Couple that with the long range and yeah, it needs fixing.

Seems like they just want people to hip fire the thing given their statement in the BWU and the incoming hip fire buff.

ocean

Banned
Hydra farm isn't as annoying as I thought it would be. You can do roughly 2 per minute so it goes by super quick. I'll finish up Hydras and Ogres tonight and call the Grimoire game quits at 3610.

Hydra farm isn't as annoying as I thought it would be. You can do roughly 2 per minute so it goes by super quick. I'll finish up Hydras and Ogres tonight and call the Grimoire game quits at 3610.

Did you get Valus from the 28 PoE? The forsaken card from the eris quest is bugged and won't pop for me

Top Bottom