• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

JayHayabusa

Same here man, just got into work and I'll be here for 8 more hours. I might have to work overtime if I don't get my "project" done today.... so here's to hoping my boss doesn't delay today.

I have important Destiny business to do at home!

I would be surprised if it didn't make it either, I'm just going off of a comment a user made here yesterday. Wasn't sure if it was true or confirmed...

Lol! Where are u based Noomi? Europe or East Coast?

Zoidberg

So there's nightfalls to do apparently! I'm going to run 2 if anyone wants to join, psn is jiza88. Full!

Are raids still available post-patch? I know the weekly/daily stuff is out, but I still need to (not) get a crux.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Good run VE3TRO. Sorry for running into phogoth like a newb lol.

Haha god bless the Gallyhorn. I find it best to stay in the room and avoid the Shrieker. After about 15 seconds it will vanish so its best to leave alone rather than killing. Out of all the strikes though I hate that the most since it has the least amount of cover. Even on the normal levels I find it a pain in the ass.

Just checked his Profil on GAF, the time when he was the last Time online changed, so he might be ok.

Tryed to get in Contact with him and his Girlfriend, but i got no replie from them :(

Hopefully someone managed to get in touch with Erika or another friend. We'll just have to wait and see.

Oynox

Are the servers offline? Just bought the game and I cannot connect. I wanted to hand in my exotic bounty before the patch :(

/edit Never mind. The initial loading time was quite long. Downloading some patches now. It's been some weeks since I played.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Are the servers offline? Just bought the game and I cannot connect. I wanted to hand in my exotic bounty before the patch :(

Up for me and others. Won't your bounty auto complete once the update hits? I decided to choose another Thorn bounty last night so the gun should be waiting for me in the postmaster once 2.0 lands.

noomi

/edit Never mind. The initial loading time was quite long. Downloading some patches now. It's been some weeks since I played.

Even if you don't hand it in, it will auto-complete when 2.0 hits.

Oynox

Even if you don't hand it in, it will auto-complete when 2.0 hits.
But I have to choose a bounty first, right?

Had the choice between Thorn, Bad Juju and one shotgun. I will go for Bad Juju, since most people recommended it to me.

ocean

Banned
I remember putting my Hunter off for so long because I didn't wanna go through rep grind again. He's grown up though. Least-ranked of my characters, but my favorite now.

5O2lGKy.jpg

Done edging on him and Warlock. Titan up next to be ready for next week.

noomi

But I have to choose a bounty first, right?

Had the choice between Thorn, Bad Juju and one shotgun. I will go for Bad Juju, since most people recommended it to me.

Yep, you'll have to at least select a exotic bounty. Once 2.0 hits the bounty should be completed :)

I suck hard at PvP so have zero Void damage done so far on my Thorn bounty - so nice to know that I'll have a completed Thorn shortly!!

Hehe nice, back in my day I had to do the thorn bounty with an Atheons Epilogue..... up hill! BOTH WAYS!

I remember putting my Hunter off for so long because I didn't wanna go through rep grind again. He's grown up though. Least-ranked of my characters, but my favorite now.

5O2lGKy.jpg

Damn ocean! That's pretty awesome haha, I didn't bother doing public events or "edging" my reps.... I probably should have though. Mad Max has been taking all of my time the last week.

has Bungie given any timeframe when the update will be available for download? such a huge pack, want to auto-download it as soon as possible for it to be ready tomorrow.

Oynox

I am wondering if it was a mistake to accept all gifts and so on after buying the expansions before 2.0..

I guess it would be smarter to wait for 2.0 before starting to play the 2 DLCs, right?

Klyka

Banned
I like the Omnigul strike up until the last room.

I enjoy fighting through those massive waves of baddies closer and closer to my goal but then the last room like....it's just weird.

Like,it forces you to stay outside in the hallway and that's never good design.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Oh yes Queens Wrath is still available! Complete the new bounties before 2.0 hits and I'll achieve rank 3 and get those last shaders.

I see Brother Vance is still here but no longer selling the Helm. :(

noomi

has Bungie given any timeframe when the update will be available for download? such a huge pack, want to auto-download it as soon as possible for it to be ready tomorrow.

I believe they said after 10AM pacific time. We're a good few hours away still.

Oh yes Queens Wrath is still available! Complete the new bounties before 2.0 hits and I'll achieve rank 3 and get those last shaders.

I see Brother Vance is still here but no longer selling the Helm. :(

Exactly what I did. I was so happy. She had 2 quick ones too so I was done in like 5 minutes

noomi

I'm a little sad I never got the trials chest armor for my warlock, it was the last piece he needed to complete the year 1 trials set :(

I'm a sucker for collecting...

kiri

5O2lGKy.jpg

Am I right in thinking that you're edging because when the drop comes, you'll rank up and (hopefully) get new 2.0 items?

JayHayabusa

Wow Ocean! Now that's a grind! I only had time to edge one faction in addition to Crucible and Vanguard on each toon.

I edged the faction for which I intend to pledge for at first
New Monarchy for my Hunter
Dead Orbit for my Warlock
Future War Cult for my Titan

Damn NF and weeklies are live till the patch I am assuming? Meh, won't get to do the last NF and weeklies for year one :( damn you work!

Btw ruthless, thanks for the R6 beta code!

Kyoufu

Ugh not looking forward to PS4 randoms. XBO randoms are pretty much great but it's a much smaller pool. I guess with DGAFMagic I won't really need to worry about PS4 randoms though.

LFG was very painful until I started playing with GAFers here. Then everything changed. No more wiping to Atheon 90 times.

thanks for carrying me, GAF!

noomi

Damn NF and weeklies are live till the patch I am assuming? Meh, won't get to do the last NF and weeklies for year one :( damn you work!

Btw ruthless, thanks for the R6 beta code!

Yup, once patch comes out no weeklies/nightfalls/dalies until TTK hits.

Skele7on

Banned
Ugh not looking forward to PS4 randoms. XBO randoms are pretty much great but it's a much smaller pool. I guess with DGAFMagic I won't really need to worry about PS4 randoms though.

PS4 randoms are the sort of guardians you wonder why a ghost bothered to res them.

They rush in, die a lot, and if it's a burn, they'll be using an opposite burn or a suros or some shit. It's that destiny casual market TM that would fill up raid matchmaking.
Bungie have probably used the weekly as a test to see if raid matchmaking could become a thing, looked at the stats and just face palmed and said never ever.

Worst of all is that I sometimes come out of party to help and they're either in party, or have issues understanding simple instructions over some DANK rap music they have on.

CIRCLE OF HELL.

I have so many notes of light....I'll never run out again

In 2.0 they level gear/weapons, you'll run out soon boy.

Kyoufu

Looks like I'm going to have a couple "WANTED" grimoire cards that I'll potentially never be able to get >.> At least I have Skoriks.

Hopefully they bring those bounties back in some form.

The only bounty you need for grimoire completion is Skorisk I believe. The rest you can just hunt down and kill for the cards.

Top Bottom