• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

ocean

Banned
Am I right in thinking that you're edging because when the drop comes, you'll rank up and (hopefully) get new 2.0 items?
That is correct :)
PS4 randoms are the sort of guardians you wonder why a ghost bothered to res them.

They rush in, die a lot, and if it's a burn, they'll be using an opposite burn or a suros or some shit. It's that destiny casual market TM that would fill up raid matchmaking.
Bungie have probably used the weekly as a test to see if raid matchmaking could become a thing, looked at the stats and just face palmed and said never ever.

Worst of all is that I sometimes come out of party to help and they're either in party, or have issues understanding simple instructions over some DANK rap music they have on.

CIRCLE OF HELL.
I actually tried to do Weekly with randoms last week twice. Both times the Spider segment was impossible. I was getting the Medic medal over and over again and just rage quit.

I personally think Raids should have matchmaking because it might help some people while not affecting me in any way - basically Pareto Optimization - but I would not touch that with a 10 foot stick. Hells to the nah.

JayHayabusa

Posting for a new page

So am I right in assuming that after 2.0 hits all database websites like destinydatabase and even bungie's armory would contain all the new exotics and legendaries?

Or would that require some time and datamining efforts from the community?

BokehKing

Banned
Someone has to let me know if their ps4/xbox1 initialized the download while in rest mode, my lunch hour revolves around your reply guardian

noomi

Posting for a new page

So am I right in assuming that after 2.0 hits all database websites like destinydatabase and even bungie's armory would contain all the new exotics and legendaries?

Or would that require some time and datamining efforts from the community?

They usually data-mine right after a major patch, so yes, I would fully expect a bunch of new items to pop-up :D

Might not be immediate, but it is usually pretty quick.

Skele7on

Banned
That is correct :)

I actually tried to do Weekly with randoms last week twice. Both times the Spider segment was impossible. I was getting the Medic medal over and over again and just rage quit.

I personally think Raids should have matchmaking because it might help some people while not affecting me in any way - basically Pareto Optimization - but I would not touch that with a 10 foot stick. Hells to the nah.

Imagine your weekly experience and add team mechanics.
It would only help if experienced players also went into matchmaking
and all of us are like ohhh hell nahhh.

GunnerZ

Dude, Big Country was falling asleep during the nightfalls today, guy was running into walls while playing lol!
That's so funny he's done that a couple of times and all I do laugh 😂😂 I try to laugh loud so he could wake up..... it never works lool

kiguel182

The only problem I have with randoms is ones that give up the strike and leave me alone.

I find it worse people that look down on so called "casuals" and think everyone should be a top player or they are garbage. Not everyone has all the weapons or it's a master at the game.

Randoms that don't even try annoy me but mostly when I have three players that stick until the end most of the time the weekly gets done without any pain.

Destiny needs to have harsh penalties for leaving strikes mid-match and ways to punish aft players, it would solve a lot of problems.

They usually data-mine right after a major patch, so yes, I would fully expect a bunch of new items to pop-up :D

Might not be immediate, but it is usually pretty quick.

Eeeek all the new zotics revealed today!!!

Probably quests too!!!

Noomie will you PS4 regs play with me when I get my PS4 next week?

XD

Oynox

People, I just bought the Legendary Edition digitally and received the gifts from the postmaster. Should I continue playing or do you recommend to wait for 2.0?

Skele7on

Banned
People, I just bought the Legendary Edition digitally and received the gifts from the postmaster. Should I continue playing or do you recommend to wait for 2.0?

carry on my wayward son! Do as much as you can until 2.0!

As nightfalls/weeklys go when 2.0 hits, grind on and grind long!

ocean

Banned
Imagine your weekly experience and add team mechanics.
It would only help if experienced players also went into matchmaking
and all of us are like ohhh hell nahhh.
Luck of the draw though, cause I've done Weeklies in the past smoothly.

I think Raid MM would work provided they:
1. Required you to have cleared it from start to finish 2-3 times
2. Introduced aggressive AFK detection
3. Something to prevent quitters after a certain checkpoint. Don't know if removing checkpoints altogether? I'm no designer, but this has to be addressed somehow

Wouldn't be perfect, but then again neither are LFG groups. It'd basically be like the LFG approach but in-game and without the potential for an asshole Fireteam leader to kick people out.

noomi

Eeeek all the new zotics revealed today!!!

Probably quests too!!!

Noomie will you PS4 regs play with me when I get my PS4 next week?

XD

Of course! I actually didn't know that you weren't on PS4, were you playing on the PS3 or xbox this whole time?

Shoot me a friend request whenever you get around to it. noomi85 :)

ocean

Banned
Need one more for the nightfall psn:XxYung_GUNNERZxX

Anybody want to run x3 Nightfalls?

Ty
hUNAo.jpg

Azzawon

Sorry if this has been asked, but when can we expect the 2.0 patch to arrive on XB1? Is it a switch on Bungie's end so every platform receives it simultaneously?

Skele7on

Banned
I wonder how fast my new up to 90 Mbps Internet can download the 18GB patch
Lolz PS4

i cri every time.

Luck of the draw though, cause I've done Weeklies in the past smoothly.

I think Raid MM would work provided they:
1. Required you to have cleared it from start to finish 2-3 times
2. Introduced aggressive AFK detection
3. Something to prevent quitters after a certain checkpoint. Don't know if removing checkpoints altogether? I'm no designer, but this has to be addressed somehow

Wouldn't be perfect, but then again neither are LFG groups. It'd basically be like the LFG approach but in-game and without the potential for an asshole Fireteam leader to kick people out.

I mean it could work, but if people quit you'd need a system in place so only people with X checkpoint could then come in, it just would be very messy and hard to manage imagine a raid noob coming to final boss straight away, the poor bastard.

Sorry if this has been asked, but when can we expect the 2.0 patch to arrive on XB1? Is it a switch on Bungie's end so every platform receives it simultaneously?

for the 100th time ;) both same time, time unknown, probably normal 10am bungie time.

Of course! I actually didn't know that you weren't on PS4, were you playing on the PS3 or xbox this whole time?

Shoot me a friend request whenever you get around to it. noomi85 :)

XBOBro!!

I'll put you on my list of invites to send out on 9.15. I'm KidInsomnia there too.

BokehKing

Banned
A nice surprise change in 2.0 would be me hopping on my neglected destiny (xbox1 version), beating the story with NoNo at my side and finding the Strangers rifle to be upgraded to a purple

Skele7on

Banned
A nice surprise change in 2.0 would be me hopping on my neglected destiny (xbox1 version), beating the story with NoNo at my side and finding the Strangers rifle to be upgraded to a purple

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

Oh thank god that's IF jesus, I had a heart attack.

Hahaha, sorry :p

I expected the patch at 10AM BST because that's when the reset occurs, but I'm presuming you mean PDT?

Bungie time.

BokehKing

Banned
EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?

Oh thank god that's IF jesus, I had a heart attack.

Bungie time.

If that ever happened it'd be the exotic but on 9.15
It's something they should have done before 2.0
Beat the game, get a purple engram for boots that at least helps you get a leg up on the hump that was early level light chasing. As of today, leveling will be easier for everyone that put the game down at 18 after 'beating it'

Was hoping the update would be out this morning before I'm out for the day. I'm sure the patch notes will be interesting to read though.

Got 9 strange coins and 2 legendary pieces of gear, whatsoever for. I think those 9 strange coins are from the newsletter promotion, however, I needed those in the week Gjallahorn was on sale, but of course, I did not get them.

Did the legendary pieces have a Taken King icon in the top right, or a I or II?

Hey guys what time does the patch drop? Is it out yet?

Watch this crazy reset group play for one last time. This is one of my fondest memory, waking up every Tuesday morning and watching these guys play and get all their reset checklist done in about an hour or two.

Aww that's so nice ^_^

It's something they should have done before 2.0
Beat the game, get a purple engram for boots that at least helps you get a leg up on the hump that was early level light chasing. As of today, leveling will be easier for everyone that put the game down at 18 after 'beating it'

And everyone at 34 will be throwing their XP off the side of the tower

:(

Z3M0G

So Factions are about to be relevant... I have a question:

Does it make sense to focus on a different faction with each of your three characters? Or would that be dumb and you should focus on the same faction with all 3?

Tovarisc

Thanks for people who joined in on Weekly & NFall. Last easy coins are in pocket and 2nd... or was it 3rd? Ram in ~8 weeks of playing HoW :D

BokehKing

Banned
And everyone at 34 will be throwing their XP off the side of the tower

:(
That's why even though I main all 3 Guardians on ps4, this week I'll be on my Xbox 1 leveling my titan and doing story missions with my level 6 warlock (I will eventually buy TTK for x1 as well for the boost to 25 for my yet to be born hunter)

Einhandr

Does it make sense to focus on a different faction with each of your three characters? Or would that be dumb and you should focus on the same faction with all 3?

Same one on all three would mean you could clean out their entire stock of drops quicker. One on each would give you more variety of items that you could use on all characters. I'm having the same dilemma myself.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
Nice big fucking storm heading my way. I bet it will knock the electric and internet out just as the update goes live. >_>

Better complete these bounties fast.

Acidote

Will you be able to level up to 34 through XP after the patch hits? Or will we be working with light equipment until next week?

Different one on each, you still get the odd drop for different classes as well. Plus it's easier to cycle through a level

Kyoufu

Same one on all three would mean you could clean out their entire stock of drops quicker. One on each would give you more variety of items that you could use on all characters. I'm having the same dilemma myself.

I'm going with one of each.

Titan - New Monarchy
Hunter - Dead Orbit
Warlock - Future War Cult

I figured that gaining rep would be no problem at all (Ammo/Armor/Weapon material turn-in, Strike streak bonus) so I could possibly exhaust all faction loot in a few days and then have to wait until reset to change facton allegiance. I'd rather spend my glimmer on other things anyway.

Z3M0G

Different one on each, you still get the odd drop for different classes as well. Plus it's easier to cycle through a level

Thanks, I'll definitely go with one on each faction.

Top Bottom