• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Tovarisc

No.
Your list is legit, but this point makes it look like you don't know what you're talking about... :D

Very preference thing :b I never learned to like Hunter or Titan jumps, but give me boost glide and I can land that warlock on top of anything and do jumping puzzles in no time.

ocean

Banned
Very preference thing :b I never learned to like Hunter or Titan jumps, but give me boost glide and I can land that warlock on top of anything and do jumping puzzles in no time.
PvE requires very little precision for jumping outside of maybe VoG jumping puzzle the first few times. And in PvP jumps are all about mobility, and Warlock gliding is too slow to be useful evasively. Not a game breaker - Sunsingers are still amazingly powerful in the Crucible - but jumps are a super weak element in their tree.

Edit: for clarity, this is obviously a matter of preference at the end of the day though :)

Mandelbo

Just played a match where almost everyone on the other team was using Thorn. Two people on our side dropped out and weren't replaced, which didn't help.

Gonna be glad to see Thorn get a nerf.

Tovarisc

PvE requires very little precision for jumping outside of maybe VoG jumping puzzle the first few times. And in PvP jumps are all about mobility, and Warlock gliding is too slow to be useful evasively. Not a game breaker - Sunsingers are still amazingly powerful in the Crucible - but jumps are a super weak element in their tree.

I prefer bursts of speed into any direction provided by burst glide, in PvE and PvP. Blink shotty is maybe godtier now, pre 2.0, but just not my thing because I find it limiting and boring playstyle. See someone rushing at you while you reload? Burst backwards, close Hawkmoon and take enemies head clean off.

Blink would interrupt reload.

noomi

Just played a match where almost everyone on the other team was using Thorn. Two people on our side dropped out and weren't replaced, which didn't help.

Gonna be glad to see Thorn get a nerf.

Even with the thorn nerf, I believe it will still be a deadly and very viable weapon in crucible.

X-Frame

I'm so excited for the patch notes today that I added Bungie.net to my RSS feed so that I can instantly get notified when Deej posts it.

Lnkn52

Really looking forward to what the App/Website guys are doing. I hope it's a function were we may grab bounties from the app or even buy things too.

From biased view of player who mains Warlock;
  • Best range on melee
  • Overshield for just hitting enemy
  • Self revive / atomic bomb from hell
  • Instant hitting / infinitely seeking / auto aiming grenades
  • Helmet that gives us huge armor boost and 24/7 life steal
  • Most accurate jump when mastered
  • Etc.

I love my warlock and melee has saved my life in PvP. Now what is this helmet you guys are talking about and how do I get it?

ocean

Banned
I think the Triumphs thing should have had a higher bar. A second tier of sorts which would truly mean significant play time.

Like 5,000 Crucible wins, 50 Raid clears, Flawless Raider, 10 Mercury trips, 10 NF solo runs.

I mean it's cool in a way that in this game, absolutely everything is always within everyone's reach but sometimes I wish there were a few things stored away for the most skilled or dedicated, even if that meant I wouldn't be able to get it.

Shito

I love my warlock and melee has saved my life in PvP. Now what is this helmet you guys are talking about and how do I get it?
2rB9xsl.jpg

Prey for Xur to stock it this Friday, otherwise you're only chance at it is being in good terms with RNGesus...
Apparently, I'm not.

MrDaravon

The cosmetic kiosks (emblem/shader) are going to be account-wide right? Want to make sure before I start deleting duplicates of rare emblems I have across characters. Trying to maximize my stash here.

Tovarisc

I think the Triumphs thing should have had a higher bar. A second tier of sorts which would truly mean significant play time.

Like 5,000 Crucible wins, 50 Raid clears, Flawless Raider, 10 Mercury trips, 10 NF solo runs.

I mean it's cool in a way that in this game, absolutely everything is always within everyone's reach but sometimes I wish there were a few things stored away for the most skilled or dedicated, even if that meant I wouldn't be able to get it.

I think clearance percent of HM raids is a lot lower than you assume.

2rB9xsl.jpg

Prey for Xur to stock it this Friday, otherwise you're only chance at it is being in good terms with RNGesus...
Apparently, I'm not.

I have gotten 2 or 3, can't remember which, Ram's since I started playing HoW in July :D

noomi

Really looking forward to what the App/Website guys are doing. I hope it's a function were we may grab bounties from the app or even buy things too.

Very curious to this as well, any improvements to the app and website are always very welcome. I think those guys have a few tricks up their sleeves yet.

The cosmetic kiosks (emblem/shader) are going to be account-wide right? Want to make sure before I start deleting duplicates of rare emblems I have across characters. Trying to maximize my stash here.

Yup, I currently have 2 revenant's but I'm holding onto them... just in case :p

flkraven

Meh, I don't know. I understand why some people would want it, but I don't know why it needs to exist. Something like 1 or 2% of the community would have completed the triumphs. Having a subsection carved out that rewards 0.00005% seems excessive.

The biggest problem I have still have with Destiny is the elitist attitudes that pollute the community. People discriminate based on weapon choices (ie. Gally), Grimoire score, Mercury emblem, K/D, hours played, character level etc etc. Having something else that simply creates another level in this caste system seems arbitrary. I'm not, by any means, suggesting you share those attitudes. I just think that we have enough ways to show why X is better than Y + Z.

PS - I thought I'd add that I absolutely love the people I play with. I have chosen to surround myself with people that don't subscribe to the elitist mentality, and it has been wonderful.

HBP

Can anyone clarify the Redbull promo for me? I see there is a quest and a xp boost, are these separate types of codes or does redeeming one get you both?

E92 M3

Thanks for the run. Can't believe TLW drops hours before the nerf.

You say nerf, I say buff! It'll continue being the perfect compliment for the sniper rifle :D

Oh okay, I have two keys... So who wants to do level 32 PoE tonight? I only did the first PoE and need to get back into the GAF community so I keep up with you guys

You can also do the 28 POE for a chance (it's a lot of fun).

Can anyone clarify the Redbull promo for me? I see there is a quest and a xp boost, are these separate types of codes or does redeeming one get you both?

One code unlocks the quest and you get the xp buff.

purg3

slept with Malkin
So just to confirm, exotic bounties get auto completed? I have an elder cipher that has like 150 points on it. So I'll be able to cash it in after the patch for an exotic?

glaurung

I don't think I like you saying this.

Also, setting goals like that is not enticing, it is downright enslaving. Meaning most players would look at these requirements and laugh out loud. They'd never even attempt them.

The current triumph card was something that most people looked at and went: "OK I might go for it." And even after having said that, many people never got that Skolas kill. Many did not care enough to farm public events.

Shito

Will Xur not be selling exotics after TTK release?
Oh sorry, my sentence was a bit off: yeah he still will, it's just that it's the only armor exotic I'm missing, so in my head this Friday is my last chance to fetch it before TTK hits. ^^

I have gotten 2 or 3, can't remember which, Ram's since I started playing HoW in July :D
47n1IPa.gif

I don't have time to learn how to photoshop a gif, but you're the blonde, and that dude is the Ram... :p

Top Bottom