• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

MrDaravon

Wait... we can use motes to level gear now?

Damnit... I had like 600+ at one point, now I barely have 150 :(

Xur took them!

Yeah, I have like...25 :(. Spent way too many last week to get the Don't Touch Me gloves from Xur engrams. Better safe than sorry though! Or that's what I'm telling myself.

Edit: Anyone got room in a Nightfall? Looking to do multiple ideally.

Skele7on

Banned
I think a lot of people in this thread don't realize how far out on the bell curve most of us playing Destiny and posting in this thread are in comparison to the average person who buys Destiny. Lars Bakken basically called us out on that in one of those GI interview video's too.

Speaking of that, my pre 2.0 vault is ready:

Just normal Vault, didn't do any moving around to show off or anything like that. I have ten emblems and ten shaders on each toon in anticipation of the kiosks.

We're essentially the greatest of freaks of our time.

We sicken even the developer. :( OH WELL!

ocean

Banned
I disagree. I think this naturally works out. Sure, everyone may be wearing chatterwhite or glowhoo now, but in the first month or 2 of release, it was rare to see someone with those shaders. And when you did, you were in awe. By the time those raids are trivialized, people are wearing the skolas shader, or the next raid shader, to show off their latest badge of honor.
Glowhoo was cool in the Tower for like a week. The completion rate for these activities is super front-loaded. Players who quit the game will never get it or come back and finally do Crota in an arbitrary time in the future, but among the active player base these things are cleared quick.

Next Friday we'll get King's Fall. Anybody I see rocking the shader or emblem or whatever on Saturday will make me look twice. A week later it'll mean less. 2 weeks later? Anybody actively playing the game will have done it. Legit or cheese, as a Sherpa or being carried, we don't know :p but it'll be so widespread it'll be relegated to the kiosk.

And like of course it should exist! I'm dying to clear that Raid and get my shader :) but I'll probably never solo that thing the way people have solo'd VoG and CE. Those insane few who do? Give 'em a badge, let them show off their achievement! I'll wave when I see them :p

Deku Tree

Sorry for mobile link but, if I'm reading this correctly we won't need a Crux to upgrade Eidolon Ally to Necrochasm after the update? Looks like it will just be motes.

https://mobile.twitter.com/thislukesmith/status/641116834767351810

Nah I think that Luke already has a Crux, but never bothered to upgrade his Eidolon with Exp. Motes will give experience for weapons after the 2.0 patch. If they were going to change the Necrochasm drop, they would just make the weapon drop directly from HM Crota IMO.

EL CUCO

last night I dreamt that shade step/shadow roll/dodge was worse than blink. Had no cool down and everybody was out there dodge-shotty'ing everything. *shivers*

ocean

Banned
Wait... we can use motes to level gear now?

Damnit... I had like 600+ at one point, now I barely have 150 :(

Xur took them!
Re rolling was a trap to flush the economy. Make perfect weapons then leave them behind a few months later, whilst clearing out our Motes and Weapon Parts :p

Bungie with that discretionary monetary policy.

Deku Tree

I thought about that but I don't believe motes are used at all for the Eidolon Ally upgrade tree.

Motes will give experience for weapons after the 2.0 patch, luke is using motes to put exp into his Eidolon IMO. If they were going to change the Necrochasm drop, they would just make the weapon drop directly from HM Crota IMO.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member

purg3

slept with Malkin
Boom, now have off next week from Tues-Thurs, and a half day on Friday because it's our team builder event. I'm going to be fused to my couch and I have no regrets.

ocean

Banned
"When this Cipher completes tomorrow and I use motes to level up Eidolon Ally I'll get the two exotic weapons I'm missing: Greg's/Necro"
I design Raids
Never bothered to upgrade this Raid Exotic

Luke knows the true value of low impact ARs.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I'm wondering if I should buy the queen's shaders. They're expensive and I never would use them. Theoretically, Bungie can discontinue them after the update, but I don't see that happening.

Do the Mars mission Exclusion Zone on level 18 and use Resupply Codes. Kill all the yellow Cabal, others and leave 1 alive. Kill yourself and repeat checkpoint.

Within a few minutes you'll have 5,000 Glimmer. I've just it now also for the 2 Shaders. Imogens Fire looks pretty sweet.

Ck1vfP4.jpg

Now give me Zords Bungie.

glaurung

You hit the nail in the head. Enslaving because people are so used to always getting everything in this game that they'd see a ridiculous challenge as "oh my god I have to grind now" instead of "holy crap I wonder who has done all this stuff". It's totally OK for something to exist out there for people who are better or who have played longer than we have.

Thats the thing though. Everybody who cared even a little bit about this version of Triumphs will have completed it. Hell, many of us had completed them all before it was even announced (I'd lost Golden Chests when I deleted a character though RIP).

Meaning everyone will have it, and like previous "achievements" supposed to indicate a triumph (Exotic Flawless emblem, Glowhoo, CE emblem, Chatterwhite) it'll be cool for a day until you realize everyone has it and then it means nothing.

I played with Drizz a few weeks back and we saw a guy with a super cool emblem I'd never seen before. Turns out he got it because he was featured as a Movie of the Week by Bungie. I thought damn that's great! There should be more of these things. A symbol with meaning.
I am all for rewarding people who really accomplish feats. Unfortunately, the rarest of the rare emblems are the ones that Bungie gave out at community events or special play dates. This means that most of them are available only for US players.

Is everyone on your friend list going to get the new triumph emblem? Probably. But I know people on my friends list who will not qualify. They never had the stamina for lv35 arena, they never had a group teach them about hard Crota. I even know people who despise Crucible. They have never set foot in there, probably never will. These people will be without that new emblem. Plenty of casual players will not have it. Of course Bungie set the bar low. Low enough for a filthy casual like myself to get the triumph card completed 18 days before the original deadline (end of August).

It's just that your numbers were way too crazy. And craziness breeds disparity. Disparity begets envy. Envy destroys communities. Bungie knows better than that.
You don't know that. For all we know she could be messing with us. Trying to gain our trust.
Soon as we turn our backs. BAM! Green orb thing shoved into our backs.
What even is that green orb thing? A petrified hive turd?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
MIDA
Radiant Dance Machines

Today's gonna be a good day in the Crucible

Something happening to MIDA multi-tool in 2.0? I have one but haven't used it in forever.

E92 M3

Do the Mars mission Exclusion Zone on level 18 and use Resupply Codes. Kill all the yellow Cabal, others and leave 1 alive. Kill yourself and repeat checkpoint.

Within a few minutes you'll have 5,000 Glimmer. I've just it now also for the 2 Shaders. Imogens Fire looks pretty sweet.

I might do that - do not want to risk losing Imogens Fire.

ocean

Banned
a lot of the encounter designers haven't beaten HM Crota and Skolas.
"You up for some HM Crota?"
"Eh, I'll pass. Trust me, I *know* what an ass he can be"

In all seriousness, if working on Destiny was my actual full-time job I'd probably spend less of my free time going back to it. That said, these guys all look pretty cool. I'd love to see them stream some play sessions.

Specially the dude who designed the super animations. He got so hyped describing the Titan Hammer animation in that first Vidoc, special effects and everything. I'm sure the banter between these guys would be pretty funny to tune into if they ever stream themselves playing their creations.
Ah yes.... the "Colgate Shader" :p Everyone wore it for a while, then once everyone started to we abandoned it.

Same with flawless emblems, they were cool for about 2 weeks, after everyone got them... no so much :p
Exactly, this is what I meant earlier. I just have a tendency to write too damn much :p

Top Bottom