• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

Bloodsent

No idea but I'm not risking it. I hope the ones Eris Morn sell don't go since I haven't reached the last one and I really want it.

I am hoping they at least give us this last week, so that we can register them into the kiosks. Not having space to cover all of them (Petra, Eris, Variks, etc) is obnoxious.

DjRalford

Gotta download fast!

PSN Speed checker says 55MB, pfffft

4646469648.png

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
This is what I'm anticipating as well. The era of scout rifles is nearly upon us!

I'm ok with this, I think. Scout and Pulse are the best weapon types anyway :)

E92 M3

I still have 1000's of ascended materials. Need to decide how many will become motes and how many should be saved for glimmer.

glaurung

It says I have 8700 wins, but that'd mean 23 wins a day for a full year, every single day. And lol that makes no sense. Does it count x6 when you get a win in 6v6 or something?
My Crucible win count is low, but I do know that Elimination wins are counted per round. Stands to reason that Trials wins are counted like that as well.

...I think I'm going to skip out on a video on how to write a research paper in a fucking college class and head back around 12 CST for this.

"I did this super cool thing and got this super cool reward, but won't display it because everyone has it."

I mean really? Other people completing the same content makes the activity feel less rewarding? I understand wanting to look unique, but there's already plenty of shaders and emblems for diversity's sake. The relevant end game content has always been a good challenge level, many of us may have beaten Skolas several times already but that is still a challenging boss encounter. Going flawless in Trials may be trivial for some but needing to go 7-1 naturally means most people won't get it since each I'd your 7 wins is some other team's loss.

I'm curious how challenging some people want the rewards to be? Or rather, what percentage of the player base should be able to obtain it?

ocean

Banned
Yeah, that doesn't seem right.

Zg49wwH.png

I played Control almost exclusively until sometime after Dark Below, and then started to favor the 3v3 playlists.

I've also been to Mercury like 8 times, so that alone would be (8*3*9) 216 games, so something isn't adding up.
Just checked. I have 1,076 wins. That number makes a lot more sense :p

As for Elimination, no clue how it's registered. But in any case a trip to Mercury is 7 wins assuming you have all the boons. 8 times would just be 56 wins, unless you mean you've done 8 times on each character.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
I am hoping they at least give us this last week, so that we can register them into the kiosks. Not having space to cover all of them (Petra, Eris, Variks, etc) is obnoxious.

Hopefully it will be mentioned in the patch notes then we'll be aware if we need to get anything grabbed before the update lands.

Makikou

Oh boy, the 2.0 comes closer every minute.

Anyone up for starting a brand new character to start leveling up? Maybe missing a certain 3rd class out of your roster? Time to experience the EXP leveling and quest system in old content :D

Oh boy, the 2.0 comes closer every minute.

Anyone up for starting a brand new character to start leveling up? Maybe missing a certain 3rd class out of your roster? Time to experience the EXP leveling and quest system in old content :D

I have a level 3 hunter that I could level up

"I did this super cool thing and got this super cool reward, but won't display it because everyone has it."

I mean really? Other people completing the same content makes the activity feel less rewarding? I understand wanting to look unique, but there's already plenty of shaders and emblems for diversity's sake. The relevant end game content has always been a good challenge level, many of us may have beaten Skolas several times already but that is still a challenging boss encounter. Going flawless in Trials may be trivial for some but needing to go 7-1 naturally means most people won't get it since each I'd your 7 wins is some other team's loss.

I'm curious how challenging some people want the rewards to be? Or rather, what percentage of the player base should be able to obtain it?

It's called Supply and Demand.

When the Supply, or in this case availability, increases, the Demand for said item decreases.

Just checked. I have 1,076 wins. That number makes a lot more sense :p

As for Elimination, no clue how it's registered. But in any case a trip to Mercury is 7 wins assuming you have all the boons. 8 times would just be 56 wins, unless you mean you've done 8 times on each character.

I was using bad math.

8 times is the number of Times I've opened the Mercury Chest

3 times is the number of players on my team that played. This was using the idea that maybe you get wins from your fireteam as well.

9 times is the number of wins needed on a card. I forgot to factor in the trials buffs that would drop this down to 7.

BokehKing

Banned
From biased view of player who mains Warlock;
  • Best range on melee
  • Overshield for just hitting enemy
  • Self revive / atomic bomb from hell
  • Instant hitting / infinitely seeking / auto aiming grenades
  • Helmet that gives us huge armor boost and 24/7 life steal
  • Most accurate jump when mastered
  • Etc.
Huge!

Namikaze1

Yeah, that doesn't seem right.

Zg49wwH.png

I played Control almost exclusively until sometime after Dark Below, and then started to favor the 3v3 playlists.

I've also been to Mercury like 8 times, so that alone would be (8*3*9) 216 games, so something isn't adding up.
Every round you win in a trials/elimination match is counted as a win. Don't know why. Made getting the Elmination card easy though.

noomi

How often does the PS4 "wake up" to check if there are updates?

Not often enough, I had this problem with Destiny's last major patch, it didn't download anything even though the patch was out for a few hours. I was in rest mode, and have the option for automatic downloads set to yes.

I brought my vita to work today, so I can force it through when it release.... or I might just stop home for lunch.

Are the weeklies going away after the patch?

Yup, after the patch no weeklies, nightfalls or dailies until TTK drops next Tuesday.

I wanna make a DGAF T-shirt. Yeah. I'm gonna make one.

Put me down as a purchase :)

It's called Supply and Demand.

When the Supply, or in this case availability, increases, the Demand for said item decreases.

I was using bad math.

8 times is the number of Times I've opened the Mercury Chest

3 times is the number of players on my team that played. This was using the idea that maybe you get wins from your fireteam as well.

9 times is the number of wins needed on a card. I forgot to factor in the trials buffs that would drop this down to 7.
I understand the supply and demand mentality, I just don't think it works well for designing the end game rewards. Again, what percentage of people is low enough for the supply be Lee enough/demand high enough to display the reward? Now, are you really going to create an end game activity designed for that few of people to complete? I don't think that would be very good game design.

There's still good supply/demand stuff locked behind RNG such as Revenant, and it works fine there.

ocean

Banned

There was a misunderstanding here. I never said activities themselves are less rewarding because others do them. I don't care how many people did Crota's End the first week, I still had a blast going in blind. Enjoyment of the activity itself is independent of clearance percentage. But a cosmetic trophy is totally meaningless when it's not exclusive. Not just here, anywhere.

Like if every time you hand somebody a cup of coffee you got a Nobel, the Nobel would be worthless. And people should still get credit for handing out coffee of course. But for those who do something more meaningful, a different tier of recognition is fitting.

Skolas and Flawless ToO are super challenging, but the nature of the activities means the challenge isn't necessarily evenly distributed. I have been to Mercury multiple times, but only because I've played with guys who are better than I am. My ToO K/D is 1.00 - you need to at least kill more than you die if you wanna win 7 straight matches :p

I'll go further. My little brother went to Mercury as a level 27 with blue weapons. And no mic. And having never played 3v3 (he didn't even know you could revive others). Bam, he's got the emblem too. Didn't even use the Mercy and 6 of the 7 matches were 5-0. Because pros are pro and he got help from 2 of them.

And that's a good thing! It promotes a community that helps. But someone like Drizz who gets 100 people their Skolas emblem should perhaps have a badge of his own to mark his feat no? Or guys who take people to Mercury all weekend long, every weekend - some for the fame and donations, others in anonymity just to help out - shouldn't they have a token to display the skill and dedication this requires?

As for how many people? A few dozen, a few hundred? Something rare enough to stand out would be great for this game.

Cruxist

Have we gotten any word on when the level boost is coming out? I've had a baby Titan sitting on my Xbox for a while and I'd really like to start grinding him up the ladder to 40.

Last chance for the purifier robes, got a friggin etheric.

I hope we have xur this week.

The Purifier Robes are not that good, I tired in PvP for Trials and PvE in Nightfall. It's too situational. The Blinding area of affect only affects the location of your Rebirth.
The blinding affect does not follow your movement while you are in Radiance from Rebirth.

It is no Saint-14

HBP

Have we gotten any word on when the level boost is coming out? I've had a baby Titan sitting on my Xbox for a while and I'd really like to start grinding him up the ladder to 40.

I think you have to buy TKK to get this so probably next week.

Top Bottom