• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OTForever29| The Season Finale

MrDaravon

Good runs Frostburn! Bungie games consistently are the only games I ever ever have NAT problems with, going all the way back to Halo 3. Exact same issue for most of my friends, regardless of where we have lived, our internet setup, etc etc. It's baffling.

Frostburn

Thanks for the 3x Nightfalls and weeklies MrDavaron! Too bad we couldn't chat due to NAT issues but it was fun playing with you anyway!

hydruxo

https://twitter.com/drcandland/status/641255071796203520
@drcandland: When the 2.0 update drops, your title screen will update to say The Taken King.

Z8hbhna.gif

yeah you're right, and hard to get weapons are basically what ocean was describing earlier, a true testament to a skilled player

but weren't the weapons better than like any other legendary?
Not at all. I don't think any of the trials weapons were head and shoulders better than others. Messenger probably comes closest, but even it is outclassed by the hopscotch pilgrim's aim assist and rerollability. I suppose trials was a more reliable way to get a void scout or pulse rifle, and a solar handcannon, but you could get those from poe 35 if you were really lucky.

yeah you're right, and hard to get weapons are basically what ocean was describing earlier, a true testament to a skilled player

but weren't the weapons better than like any other legendary?

I think I have all of them (or did at one point before dismantling them) and the only one I've used more than once is my void Messenger in void burn PvEs and PvP (if I had been lucky enough to get a Pilgrim I would've used that instead in PvP). The other legendaries, while good, are outclassed by the elemental raid weapons IMO.

X-Frame

SGA: If you're running Striker Titan today in Mayhem, you may want to run Unstoppable instead of Shoulder Charge.

Additionally, if you have the Helm of Inmost Light you can have Death From Above and Shockwave or Aftermath in conjunction for more carnage.

Superman everyone.

R0ckman

Skill-based rewards are a good thing.

The rate of exploits, bugs and lag is far too great in the current game to have a skill-based rewards system. There is extra BS you have to deal with besides skilled players. Because of the rewards system and elements of desperation it spawns, it puts a concentrated mass of these issues into one game mode.

If they can clean up the mess, I'm all for Trials, until then, I don't think I'm going to touch it.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
SGA: If you're running Striker Titan today in Mayhem, you may want to run Unstoppable instead of Shoulder Charge.

Additionally, if you have the Helm of Inmost Light you can have Death From Above and Shockwave or Aftermath in conjunction for more carnage.

Superman everyone.
Holy hell, or Eternal Warrior so you can keep Shoulder Charge. Achylophage and MOTM in that mode too. Maybe even Skull of Dire Ahamkara? o_O

stb

Last minute year 1 memories:

- playing the beta and being hooked almost immediately despite the frustration of it being my first console/controller FPS
- loot cave!
- the first purple engram I saw drop "in the wild"
- lurking in the first 6 DGAF OTs and finally posting:
Been lurking in these OTs from the jump, but just getting around to posting. Thanks to everyone (esp. Hawkian) for the various info, it's helped a lot since I don't get to play much.

Question about Xur's wares this week:

I'm 1 light away from level 26, and a Titan. I have 15 strange coins. The helm seems like it'd benefit my game the more than the Ice Breaker, but i recognize the Ice Breaker is exceedingly rare. Am I better off getting the Helm of Inmost Light, or working at 2 more coins and getting the Ice Breaker? Why?
So naive!
- missing the boat on Kor's "raid virgins" run, biting the bullet, and starting my own beginning my illustrious career of raid organization
- and getting Ghorn from that first raid ever
- Hawkian's VoG newbie raid still one of my favorite experiences in the game so far. Thanks so much for all you do, Hawk!
- My first proper CE run, with a gruff-but-helpful Grave at the helm. I'm not sure if I was more afraid of the Abyss or the fireteam leader. =)
- Struggling through a Phogoth nightfall underleveled, but persistent, pot-shotting him to death through the 2 doorways over the course of about 45 minutes.
- first CE HM kill with Router_Go_Vroom (whose GAF name I can never remember) and proudly rocking glowhoo for 2 weeks after even though all I did was shoot rockets a few times.
- Verde getting 2 damn Fatebringers in one drop
- random Suros from Crucible
- Unstable carrying me to Mercury
- Last week's RNG apology to me, granting me both Hawkmoon and Crux
- pushing GRIP off stuff
- making fun of GRIP, in general
- organically ending up with a raid team[/URL] and playing with them almost every week
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=141521128&postcount=10609
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=141635938&highlight=#post141635938

There's really no such thing as a guaranteed win. What happens when two groups both guaranteeing flawless clash? There's just enough regular humans trying that these match ups don't happen a lot.

LTWood12

Last minute year 1 memories:

- playing the beta and being hooked almost immediately despite the frustration of it being my first console/controller FPS
- loot cave!
- the first purple engram I saw drop "in the wild"
- lurking in the first 6 DGAF OTs and finally posting:

So naive!
- missing the boat on Kor's "raid virgins" run, biting the bullet, and starting my own beginning my illustrious career of raid organization
- Hawkian's VoG newbie raid still one of my favorite experiences in the game so far. Thanks so much for all you do, Hawk!
- My first proper CE run, with a gruff-but-helpful Grave at the helm. I'm not sure if I was more afraid of the Abyss or the fireteam leader. =)
- Struggling through a Phogoth nightfall underleveled, but persistent, pot-shotting him to death through the 2 doorways over the course of about 45 minutes.
- first CE HM kill with Router_Go_Vroom (whose GAF name I can never remember) and proudly rocking glowhoo for 2 weeks after even though all I did was shoot rockets a few times.
- Verde getting 2 damn Fatebringers in one drop
- random Suros from Crucible
- Unstable carrying me to Mercury
- Last week's RNG apology to me, granting me both Hawkmoon and Crux
- pushing GRIP off stuff
- making fun of GRIP, in general
- Raiding almost every damn week my raid team

Always enjoyed playing w/ you and your crew. Glad you're still here for year 2!

Kalamari

Bungie has a ton of experience with skill based rewards in pvp, the Halo 2/3 ranking system invited all sorts of network exploitation to the game and it was near unplayable at times. I don't think they will make that mistake again.

Skele7on

Banned
DGAF is best GAF. Thanks, everybody!

Same to you good buddy, hope things are better in outa destiny now :)

My year one memories are: three manning Crota with a friend and Drizzy to death singer, Drizzy saying wanna do crota? I said Okay.
Next thing I know we beat him first time, and my first Gjally dropped.
My rare reset crew times
MANY gaming side bans for defending this game, messing up info, being a general douche and the famous "dummy" one.
creating that silly twitter account and having some fun doing a Breaking Bad skit with frenden.
A lot of other cool things too

WORST MEMORY.
Losing in a sweatie, we broke a desk, but lost the war.

I look forward to year 2

Haybro

Haha, I'm almost certain I was in on this run with Graverobber. It was back before I ran with you guys regularly. I remember thinking "He's super helpful, but why is he always yelling at us!".

Good times in year 1, looking forward to many more in year 2.

My best Year 1 memory is Thing playing the Airplane Scene from Bridesmaids over party chat while we were doing PoE.

It's about the friends you make
Not the lives you take
Destiny: In Theaters This Christmas

phen0m24

Just bringing up a few more memories

1) Kartik gets a Horn
2) Todd "sells" Praxic Fire
3) Team Epic SAX
4) Drizzy gets a Thunderlord and then develops amnesia about the epic postageddon
5) Narmer gets a Horn on another console
6) Noomi gets a Hawkmoon
7) Nilla's epic quest for Hypescotch

ToTP Confession:
Me and GutZ totally cheesed Omnigul today and it was hilarious. Have never ever seen her drop so fast non-burn. GutZ has the video.

:)

Top Bottom