• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny PS4 pre-load available now

Joeki11a

Banned
Preordered the ghost edition for PS4 but now I want this one digitally, especially since I have a SSD.

Anyone want to buy my a Ghost edition off me? I'll sell it to you for value, free shipping.

Why would you want Digital thinking HDD speed matters for this game, which doesnt even have super hd textures or anything like that. Youre better off having a great ping and mbps 50+ since this is a always online mmo.

It's so odd this has a 12 PST unlock. I can't remember a PS4 pre-order that did. Infamous unlocked at 12 EST. Madden and NHL did/will too. I think they can change that though so here's hoping they do.

Loomba

Everytime I try to preload it it just starts to download the Beta again and misses out the dlc . Fucking psn....

3am ET sucks. Madden unlocked at 12am et! Is there anyway to pause the background download? I know with downloads in the notification menu you can just go to network settings and uncheck connect to internet until the download fails but does this work with these background downloads or will it just start right back up once I reconnect? I started the download but now I want to play some games online.

majik13

I was only aware of TLoU releasing 12:AMEST, didnt know so many others had. I heard it was Activision forcing this?

ethomaz

Banned
Preordered the ghost edition for PS4 but now I want this one digitally, especially since I have a SSD.

Anyone want to buy my a Ghost edition off me? I'll sell it to you for value, free shipping.
All games are installed full on PS4... no matter if digital or retail it will use your SSD.

J 0 E

Downloaded ...

My-Body-is-Ready-random-31574383-320-319.png

SMOK3Y

Generous Member
so what happens with the Vanguard Armour thing as it wont download & errors I deleted it so hoping it grabs it again lol

fernoca

Probably a "service". Since it doesn't actually download anything it gives errors in cases it tries to. In my case it didn't said anything, but says 'Installed' in the Library.

OccamsLightsaber

Regularly boosts GAF member count to cry about 'right wing gaf' - Voter #3923781
Forced to cancel my preorder because my Uni didn't think I'd need my refund to buy books (some error in their system fucked up refunds). I absolutely can't spend the first 2 weeks classes without my Calc 2 textbook.

th4tguy

Forced to cancel my preorder because my Uni didn't think I'd need my refund to buy books (some error in their system fucked up refunds). I absolutely can't spend the first 2 weeks classes without my Calc 2 textbook.

Make a friend in class and use their book. You can get your education anytime and for free for that matter. Destiny only comes out once.

Finally made up my mind and caved on buying Destiny at launch, it's a bummer though that the digital version is locked til 12AM PST since I'm on the East coast but man I don't feel like dealing with the crowds to try and get it. Oh well hahaha

Jijidasu

Cross posting from the OT:

It would seem that those living in regions outside of the US who have bought the digital guardian edition will be locked to their local region's start time. I'm in Japan and when I highlight the Destiny icon it says 5 days, whereas on my US account it says 3.

Is there any work around for this? I don't particularly want to have to play on my US account.

It would seem that those living in regions outside of the US who have bought the digital guardian edition will be locked to their local region's start time. I'm in Japan and when I highlight the Destiny icon it says 5 days, whereas on my US account it says 3.

Is there any work around for this? I don't particularly want to have to play on my US account.

Oh yes that stupidity happened with pvz, that's why I haven't logged in my other account. Lol

The only workaround to avoid the lock was I had to re-download the game(when it releases) , this is a choice that defeats the purpose of preloading and not the best choice for slow connections.

Edit
Honest question: are we going to have these threads for every game now?
Slow day on news breh

Jijidasu

Oh yes that stupidity happened with pvz, that's why I haven't logged in my other account. Lol

The only workaround to avoid the lock was I had to re-download the game(when it releases) , this is a choice that defeats the purpose of preloading and not the best choice for slow connections.

Edit

Slow day on news breh

So you just delete the game and redownload it on the US account and it's ok?

I've run into a curious little problem.

I've pre-ordered the digital guardian edition but the add-ons related to that edition seem to be missing.
I know people got an error trying to download the vanguard armory but for me that doesn't even show up.
The related items tab on the destiny icon is empty, no vanguard armory and no expansion pass.

Anyone else run into something similar?

If I gotta wait till 3am to play my digital version, I will not be happy about that. Meaning I wont be able to play till after my back to back 12 hour shifts starting tuesday..........

MrBS

I had to delete the download queue items via web store and then reselect them again to get it to work but otherwise itshappening.gif. Good times.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?

Let's say it's been released in he US.
If we preload the game now, log in to the us account and unlock it, when we switch to the Japanese one, it will still be blocked for 2 more days.
BUT if we download the full game after it's properly released, it won't be treated as a preorder waiting to unlock and we'll be able to play it on any account?

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
I'm going to wait for the reviews, and if I buy it, it'll be on physical media.
I strongly suggest everybody do the same
unless your optical drive is broken.
Yeah no. I haven't played Ground Zeroes in a couple of months solely because then I would have to shuffle discs around. I'm not letting the same thing happen to a full $60 game. Especially not one that's always online. I intend on starting this baby up at least 3 times a week. And I don't feel like it messing with my DVD rotations.
Probably really just for really big ones. But I think this one is well deserved, considering how dumb the idea is to have everyone preload the biggest game of the year 2 days early.
tumblr_inline_n5ciz4vmkv1rnw8xk.gif

KeRaSh

Does that mean my US preload unlocks earlier for my EU account? I mean it wouldn't matter anyways since I have to work on Tuesday.

Let's say it's been released in he US.
If we preload the game now, log in to the us account and unlock it, when we switch to the Japanese one, it will still be blocked for 2 more days.
BUT if we download the full game after it's properly released, it won't be treated as a preorder waiting to unlock and we'll be able to play it on any account?

Yes, that's how it worked for PvZ. You need to start downloading it after it's already unlocked in the US

Traffcore

Quick question.

I'm located in Europe with a US PSN account. Which timezone will the game become available in on my US account?

Tempted but still not willing to buy anymore digital copies of my future games. Being locked out of half my games while the PSN was down last week was too much.

Bruiserk

I've run into a curious little problem.

I've pre-ordered the digital guardian edition but the add-ons related to that edition seem to be missing.
I know people got an error trying to download the vanguard armory but for me that doesn't even show up.
The related items tab on the destiny icon is empty, no vanguard armory and no expansion pass.

Anyone else run into something similar?

Same here. Anybody have any comments?

Gator86

If I gotta wait till 3am to play my digital version, I will not be happy about that. Meaning I wont be able to play till after my back to back 12 hour shifts starting tuesday..........

That's when the timer expires. I thought this would be midnight access too. Fuck these 3am unlocks.

Top Bottom