• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny PS4 pre-load available now

Turned my PS4 on this morning with 4 error messages for Destiny.

Can't Download Expansion Pass
Can't Download Collectors Edition Content Pack
Can't Download Destiny
Can't Download Vanguard Armoury

Almost immediately, Destiny and Destiny Update file downloaded (around 200mb each). Now Destiny has appeared on my PS4 menu and it's downloading inside the game icon again like the beta (its not showing in Notificaiton > Downloads). Does this mean I need to leave the PS4 on now, or will it download in Standby?

Also, anyone else not able to download the Expansion, Armory and Collectors Edition stuff? I get Error: ce-32920-6

So for me, once again Auto Downloads of a Preorder do not work. I have to turn the PS4 on to kick them off. This of course isn't a problem, unless you were to turn your PS4 on on Tuesday morning to see you had to download the 20gb as the PS4 hadn't done it for you. It's an annoying bug.

Cynn

Can't Download Destiny

Almost immediately, Destiny and Destiny Update file downloaded (around 200mb each). Now Destiny has appeared on my PS4 menu and it's downloading inside the game icon again like the beta (its not showing in Notificaiton > Downloads). Does this mean I need to leave the PS4 on now, or will it download in Standby?

Also, anyone else not able to download the Expansion, Armory and Collectors Edition stuff? I get Error: ce-32920-6

So for me, once again Auto Downloads of a Preorder do not work. I have to turn the PS4 on to kick them off. This of course isn't a problem, unless you were to turn your PS4 on on Tuesday morning to see you had to download the 20gb as the PS4 hadn't done it for you. It's an annoying bug.

I didn't get errors but only the game and armory was in the list. I got the digital guardian edition.

And yes, standby will continue your download.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Yes, that's how it worked for PvZ. You need to start downloading it after it's already unlocked in the US
Thanks for the reply. I deleted the preload, will download it when it's out then.
So happy that we can do it remotely from the app now...

I didn't get errors but only the game and armory was in the list. I got the digital guardian edition.

And yes, standby will continue your download.

Cheers.

So, did peoples PS4's turn on themselves to do this? I can remotely turn on my PS4 from the website, but Auto Downloads of Games and Firmware do not work, and never have. I have Auto Downloads and Uploads checked in Settings.

I regret pre purchasing this game. Fuck this game and anyone that supports it. The fact I can't free roam after a mission is over is bullshit.

NoTacos

Going to gamestop tomorrow to pick up a digital guardian code (have a bunch of store credit) I'm guessing my code(s) will be printed out on the receipt......?

I just hope my download goes smoothly. Monday night I need it to be ready to go.

PARANO1A

Can't Download Destiny

I have the same error if it helps. Not clear on what it means. Psn preloads are pretty terrible.

I have the same error if it helps. Not clear on what it means. Psn preloads are pretty terrible.

It does help, yeah, purely so I know I am not alone.

I'd really like to know if anyones PS4 actually turns itself on from standby to download this game (or any other PS4 preorder). If anyone could answer, that would be great! :)

GlamFM

Banned
You heard me. You can't free roam after a mission is over. Fuck that. That kills it for me. I'll spend money on America, COD. Fuck this game.

And everyone who supports it, right?

As in everybody in this thread..

Good to know.

EDIT:

Free roaming in COD... Yeah right.

Futaba

You heard me. You can't free roam after a mission is over. Fuck that. That kills it for me. I'll spend money on America, COD. Fuck this game.

Pretty much every mission has you do something to complete it, be it kill the wizard or interface with a terminal, if you're that hell bent on exploring in the middle of a mission rather than in the normal free roaming mode, don't complete the mission...

NoTacos

But there's a free roam mode............ You can literally get to any place on the map (mission locations included) by hopping on your speeder and exploring.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I regret pre purchasing this game. Fuck this game and anyone that supports it. The fact I can't free roam after a mission is over is bullshit.
This is the only way I can express my criticism, fuck everyone who plays this video game I have pre-purchased because I paid for a game before I had a good idea what game is. I'm so mad right now!

RexNovis

Banned
I've run into a curious little problem.

I've pre-ordered the digital guardian edition but the add-ons related to that edition seem to be missing.
I know people got an error trying to download the vanguard armory but for me that doesn't even show up.
The related items tab on the destiny icon is empty, no vanguard armory and no expansion pass.

Anyone else run into something similar?

I'm having the exact same problem. Anyone know how to fix this?

Kvik

Did you know that Explore is effectively a free roam mode?

ZJPMeB

Choose to explore alone or with your friends. These are public spaces where you can see other Fire Teams and come across Public Events. Use this mode to find rare loot, complete beacon missions and to venture out in the wild.

After finishing a Story mission > Go back to Orbit > Select Explore from the map.

Ok I found the expansion pass and the preorder bonuses.
Here's what you have to do-

Go to the SEN website and search for destiny.

Select the download to your PS4 option.(it will initiate the download to your primary ps4)

You'll notice all the missing addons in the download queue.

It'll still give you an error because the content isn't unlocked but at-least we know where to download it from.
Cheers!

NoTacos

Select the download to your PS4 option.(it was initiate the download to your primary ps4)

You'll notice all the missing addon in the download queue.

It'll still give you an error because the content isn't unlocked but at-least we know where to download it from.
Cheers!
So we're good to DL the main game file, but not the extras (yet)?

That's fine I guess, they shouldn't be that big of a file anyways so DL on launch shouldn't take long.

Zok310

Banned
Same here. Anybody have any comments?

I think DLC activates when the game activates. PSN will link some DLC as a "service" for some reason, and in that case that DLC won't work until the game it's linked to is up and running.
Or it's just a PSN issue.

Cynn

Look, like you I've had hours and hours of free roaming gameplay fun in Call of Duty. I met my first three wives that way. But we have to at least try to like the tiny, closed off Destiny as well.

The expansion pass isn't available to download until the first one releases, so that's probably why people are getting an error

rbxSuuL.png

I'm sure it will work like the DLC for New N' Tasty where the code would activate, download would cause an error, but the content would download when it became avaiable(in that case6 weeks later).

RexNovis

Banned

Select the download to your PS4 option.(it will initiate the download to your primary ps4)

You'll notice all the missing addons in the download queue.

Cheers!

Awesome! Thanks :D

This is my first full-priced download on a console. I figured why the hell not since I'll never trade it in. It's a bummer that I can't play it until 3 am, though :(

In the OP's pic it shows that the Vanguard Armory won't download. I had the same thing, and got an error message when I tried to start the download manually.

Anyone know if this is just a setback until the game goes live?

In the OP's pic it shows that the Vanguard Armory won't download. I had the same thing, and got an error message when I tried to start the download manually.

Anyone know if this is just a setback until the game goes live?

My list is the same. Destiny and an update downloaded fine but the extra content failed. I'm assuming it's not unlocked and will go live at launch or just before.

Mogwai

Two questions:

Does the game preload on PS3 now?

If I pre-order the digital PS3 version, will I be able to start preloading the PS4 version right now?

Two questions:

Does the game preload on PS3 now?

If I pre-order the digital PS3 version, will I be able to start preloading the PS4 version right now?

I can answer the later.

If you pre-order the digital ps3 version you won't be able to preload the ps4 version.
I guess it has to unlock/you have to play it or something before being able to download the ps4 version.

Mogwai

I can answer the later.

If you pre-order the digital ps3 version you won't be able to preload the ps4 version.
I guess it has to unlock/you have to play it or something before being able to download the ps4 version.
Thanks. As for the first question I found an explanation here. Apparently it does preload on PS3 also.

This is my first full-priced download on a console. I figured why the hell not since I'll never trade it in. It's a bummer that I can't play it until 3 am, though :(

Same for me. Unfortunately I sat on Pulse Elite headset and broke it yesterday so I won't have a mic until my Gold Headset arrives Tuesday from Amazon. I might just hold off on playing until it arrives(or use the piece of crap mic that comes with PS4).

Top Bottom